I'm a photographer. It's what I do for a living.
I've sold the licence to use some of these photos to commercial organisations. I've made other arrangements with not-for-profits and the public sector. I've allowed some to be used free of charge.
If you want to buy or use any of my pictures, email me at email@example.com (or contact me at @paul_clarke on twitter) and we'll work something out.
My photography gallery site is at paulclarke.com
- ODI Summit 2014 1 photo, 3 members
- GCERC 1,972 photos, 6 members
- Phodentity 1 photo, 3 members
- The London Olympics 2012 25,926 photos, 1,886 members
- TEDx 88,299 photos, 1,524 members
- Big Data Week 579 photos, 11 members
- ORGCon2012 49 photos, 11 members
- Open Rights Group 100 photos, 15 members
- Contraluz-Backlight-Controluce-Contre-jour-Contrallum 24,653 photos, 2,353 members
- Over The Air - 36 Hours of Mobile Development 2,820 photos, 73 members
- Local Government Does Brilliant Things 1,198 photos, 79 members
- London buildings 110,681 photos, 5,901 members
- Aspiring Street Photographers 258,257 photos, 8,756 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 409,138 photos, 105,546 members
- Digital Surrey 78 photos, 6 members
- Instruction #27 217 photos, 329 members
- Hoppe street portraits competition 1,870 photos, 443 members
- Ignite London 243 photos, 11 members
- Crossbones Graveyard 354 photos, 73 members
- Favorites: 50 77,739 photos, 7,016 members
- The North Downs 724 photos, 137 members
- Views: 5000 52,082 photos, 7,177 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,103 photos, 21,982 members
- 'Views: 3000 - 4000 22,105 photos, 1,597 members
- London Photo Walk 3,986 photos, 185 members
- Red Rule 635,202 photos, 56,069 members
- Cut and Paste Cities 647 photos, 112 members
- Pugs 37,701 photos, 3,940 members
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L (IS) USM 95,386 photos, 7,462 members
- FindBritain 223 photos, 26 members
- Photojournalism 203,528 photos, 8,073 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 366,534 photos, 27,770 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 1,053,124 photos, 122,068 members
- 2500 Views 13,661 photos, 936 members
- 'Views: 2500 - 3000 15,314 photos, 1,655 members
- EXISTentialism -- Emotions, People, Portraits 78,542 photos, 2,022 members
- 500x500 308,801 photos, 7,586 members
- The Light Painters Society 514,883 photos, 16,968 members
- Skylinephoto 12,063 photos, 575 members
- the kids are all right... 54,048 photos, 3,748 members
- Viaduc de Millau 1,185 photos, 343 members
- Bridges of the World 87,297 photos, 8,529 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 189,078 photos, 18,119 members
- ♥ ♥ ♥ Cats ♥ ♥ ♥ 3,686 photos, 217 members
- Urban Skylines 130,346 photos, 8,088 members
- Flickr Addicts 8,948,049 photos, 119,685 members
- England 429,535 photos, 9,655 members
- "Exemplary Shots - Flickr's BEST! (Post 1 Award 3)" 956,819 photos, 27,267 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,409,578 photos, 182,755 members
- ♥ Love your dog! ♥ 7,133 photos, 237 members
Janet E Davis says:
"Paul Clarke is not so much "a photographer" as an artist who uses the medium of photography. He regards the world with a passionate and curious eye, especially (although not exclusively when viewing people through his lens.
If I were to commission a portrait of myself, I would want to commission Paul because I know I would find the resulting photograph/s really interesting. I would trust him absolutely to make the portrait a collaborative process (as all great portraits should be).
His portraits possess truth and beauty.
I enjoy Paul's photographs of people at events. He finds unusual angles, spots unusual details, or captures a fleeting and expressive gesture which results in some of the most outstanding conference and formal speech photographs I have seen.
Technically, I admire greatly his ability to obtain clearly-focused images without flash in low lighting conditions, and the wonderfully rich and natural colours in those conditions.
His photographs of people reveal an intelligent mind exploring humanity. One can sense his delight at the crisp texture of one person's curly hair or the precise curve of a specific cheek. His photographs of people are fascinating.
His landscapes and cityscapes often have a brooding intensity. There is a physicality about the weather or lighting that is almost literally tangible. The buildings, or the trees and ground come to vivid life through the lens of Paul's camera.
When I was young, I met a very good professional photographer (now working as an artist, I think). He said to me that it didn't matter what equipment you had, nor how much technical knowledge, because what makes a really great photograph is the artist-photographer's eye, how they look.
It is Paul Clarke's intelligent eye, that notices and records things in a way that others' do not, that I truly appreciate and recommend. If I had enough money, I would commission him. If he had time and inclination, he would be the artist with whom I would most like to work collaboratively on an art project.
Just to give some context to my testimonial - I have a BA (Hons) in the History of Modern Art, Design & Film, an M Phil in art history. The V&A Museum has collected 2 small pieces of my own artwork for its permanent collection. I have been involved professionally with cultural heritage and contemporary visual art for 25 years."
March 29th, 2010
- Paul Clarke
- January 2009
- I am: