I'm a photographer. It's what I do for a living.
I've sold the licence to use some of these photos to commercial organisations. I've made other arrangements with not-for-profits and the public sector. I've allowed some to be used free of charge.
If you want to buy or use any of my pictures, email me at email@example.com (or contact me at @paul_clarke on twitter) and we'll work something out.
My photography gallery site is at paulclarke.com
- ODI Summit 2014 1 photo, 3 members
- GCERC 1,972 photos, 6 members
- Phodentity 1 photo, 3 members
- The London Olympics 2012 26,012 photos, 1,889 members
- TEDx 79,440 photos, 1,427 members
- Big Data Week 579 photos, 11 members
- ORGCon2012 49 photos, 11 members
- Open Rights Group 100 photos, 15 members
- Contraluz-Backlight-Controluce-Contre-jour-Contrallum 24,546 photos, 2,356 members
- Over The Air - 36 Hours of Mobile Development 2,338 photos, 72 members
- Local Government Does Brilliant Things 1,173 photos, 79 members
- London buildings 107,184 photos, 5,748 members
- Aspiring Street Photographers 242,911 photos, 8,465 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 410,416 photos, 105,692 members
- Digital Surrey 78 photos, 6 members
- Instruction #27 217 photos, 330 members
- Hoppe street portraits competition 1,864 photos, 445 members
- Ignite London 243 photos, 11 members
- Crossbones Graveyard 354 photos, 71 members
- Favorites: 50 70,919 photos, 6,711 members
- The North Downs 717 photos, 134 members
- Views: 5000 44,692 photos, 6,871 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,151 photos, 22,061 members
- 'Views: 3000 - 4000 19,409 photos, 1,525 members
- London Photo Walk 3,501 photos, 184 members
- Red Rule 626,821 photos, 55,621 members
- Cut and Paste Cities 646 photos, 112 members
- Pugs 37,586 photos, 3,942 members
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L (IS) USM 93,563 photos, 7,402 members
- FindBritain 223 photos, 26 members
- Photojournalism 197,657 photos, 8,034 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 349,451 photos, 27,090 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 1,019,558 photos, 120,400 members
- 2500 Views 11,603 photos, 893 members
- 'Views: 2500 - 3000 12,907 photos, 1,587 members
- EXISTentialism -- Emotions, People, Portraits 75,441 photos, 2,005 members
- 500x500 309,992 photos, 7,589 members
- The Light Painters Society 496,912 photos, 16,786 members
- Skylinephoto 11,938 photos, 572 members
- the kids are all right... 54,272 photos, 3,742 members
- Viaduc de Millau 1,171 photos, 343 members
- Bridges of the World 85,350 photos, 8,466 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 185,704 photos, 18,046 members
- ♥ ♥ ♥ Cats ♥ ♥ ♥ 3,486 photos, 209 members
- Urban Skylines 126,953 photos, 7,994 members
- Flickr Addicts 8,440,570 photos, 115,681 members
- England 410,892 photos, 9,456 members
- "Exemplary Shots - Flickr's BEST! (Post 1 Award 3)" 935,271 photos, 27,063 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,269,132 photos, 180,397 members
- ♥ Love your dog! ♥ 7,173 photos, 239 members
Janet E Davis says:
"Paul Clarke is not so much "a photographer" as an artist who uses the medium of photography. He regards the world with a passionate and curious eye, especially (although not exclusively when viewing people through his lens.
If I were to commission a portrait of myself, I would want to commission Paul because I know I would find the resulting photograph/s really interesting. I would trust him absolutely to make the portrait a collaborative process (as all great portraits should be).
His portraits possess truth and beauty.
I enjoy Paul's photographs of people at events. He finds unusual angles, spots unusual details, or captures a fleeting and expressive gesture which results in some of the most outstanding conference and formal speech photographs I have seen.
Technically, I admire greatly his ability to obtain clearly-focused images without flash in low lighting conditions, and the wonderfully rich and natural colours in those conditions.
His photographs of people reveal an intelligent mind exploring humanity. One can sense his delight at the crisp texture of one person's curly hair or the precise curve of a specific cheek. His photographs of people are fascinating.
His landscapes and cityscapes often have a brooding intensity. There is a physicality about the weather or lighting that is almost literally tangible. The buildings, or the trees and ground come to vivid life through the lens of Paul's camera.
When I was young, I met a very good professional photographer (now working as an artist, I think). He said to me that it didn't matter what equipment you had, nor how much technical knowledge, because what makes a really great photograph is the artist-photographer's eye, how they look.
It is Paul Clarke's intelligent eye, that notices and records things in a way that others' do not, that I truly appreciate and recommend. If I had enough money, I would commission him. If he had time and inclination, he would be the artist with whom I would most like to work collaboratively on an art project.
Just to give some context to my testimonial - I have a BA (Hons) in the History of Modern Art, Design & Film, an M Phil in art history. The V&A Museum has collected 2 small pieces of my own artwork for its permanent collection. I have been involved professionally with cultural heritage and contemporary visual art for 25 years."
March 29th, 2010
- Paul Clarke
- January 2009
- I am: