ABOUT PATRICK EVANS-HYLTON
Founder, Publisher, Eat-itor In Chief
Patrick Evans-Hylton is a Johnson & Wales-trained chef and an award-winning food journalist, covering tasty trends since 1995 in print, broadcast and electronic media. He is publisher of Virginia Eats + Drinks Magazine. (Subscribe free - www.VaEatsAndDrinksMag.com)
Evans-Hylton is a cookbook author (Popcorn, Dishing Up Virginia, Nuts), food historian, culinary advisor for the Commonwealth of Virginia and a member of the prestigious James Beard Awards and the International Association of Culinary Professionals. He runs a cooking and wine school in Coastal Virginia, and teaches a number of food media-related classes nationwide.
Evans-Hylton cooks and writes in his Chesapeake Bay kitchen in Virginia Beach.
ABOUT VIRGINIA EATS + DRINKS MAGAZINE
Throughout it’s history, Virginia has been a leading tastemaker in food and foodways.
Our state is rich in ingredients, from the abundance of the Chesapeake Bay, across the farmlands and rolling piedmont, to the Shenandoah Valley and beyond. Hospitality is a key component of Old Dominion character, with everything from nibbles on the porch to expansive holiday meals presented with a sincere interest in sharing food made by hand and from the heart.
This is America’s First Food Region; this is the Birthplace of American Cuisine.
Celebrating it all is Virginia Eats + Drinks Magazine, a statewide publication dedicated to showcasing the commonwealth, all the wonderful things to eat and drink, and all the incredible people that make it happen.
“In the beginning, all America was Virginia,” said planter, statesman and author Colonel William Byrd II, in 1732.
So, in fact, we are all Virginians. Come home to Virginia, a big table awaits you.
Come celebrate the bounty through the pages of Virginia Eats + Drinks Magazine.
Subscribe FREE online:
- Virginia Flickrazzi 98,997 photos, 3,214 members
- Virginia Eats + Drinks 1 photo, 1 member
- Tidewater Eyesores 499 photos, 99 members
- Seven Cities Architecture 371 photos, 28 members
- US Route 60 431 photos, 86 members
- U.S. Route 17 401 photos, 76 members
- Virginia BBQ 161 photos, 15 members
- Travels across Virginia 20,794 photos, 399 members
- Virginia 77,782 photos, 1,701 members
- Norfolk, Virginia 4,925 photos, 204 members
- Norfolk 5,849 photos, 407 members
- Charlottesville, Virginia 10,355 photos, 531 members
- RVA Richmond Virginia 7,625 photos, 367 members
- Arlington Virginia 6,986 photos, 341 members
- Washington DC/Metro Area 177,360 photos, 8,673 members
- Shenandoah Valley 12,121 photos, 564 members
- Richmond, Virginia 42,958 photos, 1,822 members
- Hampton Roads & Tidewater Virginia 25,343 photos, 659 members
- The Eastern Shore of Maryland & Virginia 10,037 photos, 689 members
- Central Virginia 33,321 photos, 615 members
- Amherst and Nelson Counties 1,232 photos, 54 members
- RVA Food and Drink 1,633 photos, 22 members
- DC Area Cuisine 3,122 photos, 200 members
Virginia Eats + Drinks doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Virginia Eats+Drinks
- December 2016
- Atlanta, Ga.
- Virginia Beach, Va., USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Food Writer
- Virginia Eats + Drinks