I really liked the simplicity of the "male and taken." But I guess more is in order.
I am a Catholic Priest, but you guessed that from my little icon. I love being a priest. I can't say that too emphatically. I will always try to be kind as I have an unofficial motto: "the truth is hard enough to live without me being a jerk about it." I am from a large family and I have 23 nieces/nephew. I have largely refrained from posting pictures of them, for the same reasons that many of you keep your family pictures for friends only.
I have long enjoyed photography, and took my first roll of film in 3rd grade. However, it was really when I went digital in Dec 2004 that this hobby took off. I thought I would be a film purist, learning with digital and then taking pictures with film. But I haven't taken a film picture since I opened my D70. The immediate feedback convinced me, and improved my photography.
I enjoy flickr for the fun of just seeing some amazing photos from creative people. If I don't respond to a 'contact' please don't be disheartened as that does not mean that I won't visit you photostream.
Pax et Bonum: This phrase is a trademark greeting of St. Francis of Assisi. I have taken to signing email and flickr posts with this (mostly abbreviating it to simply Pax). It is Latin and is translated in English as Peace and All Good. I never really liked St. Francis until I went to Assisi and discovered that he wasn't the "singing to bluebird saint" that I had expected. St. Francis was radically in love with God.
Ok, I have always liked maps and geograpy:
visited 42 states (84%)Create your own visited map of The United States
visited 23 countries(10.2%)Create your own visited map of The World
Folks, thanks for your visits and comments.... I really do try to visit the photstreams of folks who visit/comment/fave. I just find that I am so far 'behind' as to be unable to ever catch up. I am struggling even keep up with the photostreams of my contacts. Thus I have had to slow down on adding new contacts.
I leave you with this line from the Catholic ordination rite for priesthood: "May God bring to completion the good work he has begun in you."
Photos of Pater JPM (4)
- orange 41,162 photos, 3,304 members
- CRUZES + CROCI + CRUCES + CROSSES + CROIX + 7,784 photos, 815 members
- National Zoo (US) in Washington D.C. 15,653 photos, 1,251 members
- Photos by Catholic Priests and Religious 1,724 photos, 3 members
- 1680x1050 Desktop Wallpapers 512 photos, 98 members
- Ms. Cheeky's Workshop 348 photos, 351 members
- Catholic Photographers 29,480 photos, 896 members
- Infrared Landscapes 6,892 photos, 925 members
- Best of the Universe Group ( Only admin invites ) 3,529 photos, 296 members
- CATHOLIC ........THE BEAUTY OF OUR FAITH 4,155 photos, 131 members
- Lent, 40 Days in the Wilderness 477 photos, 124 members
- Washington Redskins 3,549 photos, 346 members
- Star Trails 25,626 photos, 11,821 members
- Christ & Culture 2,895 photos, 139 members
- Catholic Artist's Gallery. 4,910 photos, 351 members
- Catholicism 27,007 photos, 642 members
- Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ 2,464 photos, 183 members
- The Dandy Club 2,406 photos, 741 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 285,513 photos, 41,375 members
- NATURE'S BEST 1,579,113 photos, 30,549 members
- ***Vivid (Post 1- Award 3) 114,184 photos, 8,410 members
- Nikon D70/s Users 207,436 photos, 11,796 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 2,153,712 photos, 89,027 members
- Totus Tuus Maria 2,445 photos, 143 members
- Super Shots - Post 1 - Award 2 299,986 photos, 40,326 members
- Catholic 7,172 photos, 233 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,480,295 photos, 74,752 members
- Orange is a Colour that is Safe and Alive 115,166 photos, 9,406 members
- The Holy Eucharist 1,507 photos, 185 members
- In & Outdoor Food & Drinks 132,424 photos, 4,850 members
- stained glass 129,206 photos, 4,335 members
- Crosses 15,426 photos, 1,948 members
- Church Exteriors 251,824 photos, 14,864 members
- Churches, Chapels, Domes, Mosques, Temples, Shrines and Monaster 747,373 photos, 23,461 members
- The Cross 6,909 photos, 848 members
- Church Interiors 197,972 photos, 11,959 members
- Virgin Mary 20,606 photos, 1,357 members
- Our Catholic Walk 16,413 photos, 900 members
- Radical Young Catholics - In the world not of it 908 photos, 111 members
Pater JPM doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- January 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken