I've been away for a time, on hiatus if you will, while I focused (pardon the pun) on other parts of my life.
Photography is as close as I come to meditating, it balances me and keeps me sane in this seriously screwed up world. Any target is fair game, and rust and decay feature heavily when I can find them. I respect the hell out of the Rule Of Thirds, and to show my respect I break it whenever necessary.
Bokeh makes me happy.
After 20+ years I'm still happily married to my high school sweetheart.
Here's to another 20+!
- Second Tuesday Photo Huddle (STPH) 40 photos, 19 members
- Total Solar Eclipse 2017 - NASA 3,595 photos, 2,253 members
- GRAAA 238 photos, 17 members
- Leelanau (dot com) 10,868 photos, 276 members
- Shoot52 -2017 212 photos, 24 members
- My Favourite photo - la mia foto preferita 281,400 photos, 8,076 members
- Birds Photos 3,114,220 photos, 90,117 members
- winter landscapes 198,517 photos, 15,021 members
- Teddy bears - Teddys 23,519 photos, 2,666 members
- Canon EOS 70D - Official Group 464,809 photos, 10,422 members
- Project Weather 611,837 photos, 92,466 members
- Rusty car and truck badges 1,991 photos, 107 members
- suburbex 265 photos, 77 members
- Lensbaby Composer 23,721 photos, 1,986 members
- Grand Rapids Marathon 2010 190 photos, 20 members
- iPhone-Photography 208,859 photos, 4,526 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 811,349 photos, 33,460 members
- Grand Rapids Grub 150 photos, 47 members
- Ballooning 32,795 photos, 3,602 members
- Geocaching 20,625 photos, 2,082 members
- Canon PowerShot S90 47,891 photos, 2,937 members
- Strobist.com 601,607 photos, 123,413 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 397,126 photos, 102,932 members
- !* Lines 彡Curves & Shadows - No People, Flowers or landscapes 94,735 photos, 5,099 members
- Serious Eats 85,638 photos, 1,466 members
- Grand Rapids Black & White 2,066 photos, 82 members
- ArtPrize® Grand Rapids (Official) 24,524 photos, 951 members
- GR Flickr Slideshow 316 photos, 97 members
- The Rapidian 5,997 photos, 252 members
- Kent County, Michigan 5,062 photos, 54 members
- Golf - public group 41,381 photos, 3,958 members
- The River 1,631 photos, 98 members
- Michigan Rivers 2,220 photos, 236 members
- Toilets for Terry 154 photos, 84 members
- Self-Portraits! 479,108 photos, 46,467 members
- Big Clouds 1,139 photos, 138 members
- Extreme Bokeh 505,505 photos, 23,413 members
- Canon Girls ROCK!! 49,974 photos, 1,209 members
- Bowled Over 4,391 photos, 1,369 members
- Schokolade @ Chocolate @ Chocolat 3,225 photos, 195 members
- Grand Rapids Marathon 2008 1,474 photos, 38 members
- Robinette's of Grand Rapids 222 photos, 21 members
- Canon EOS 50D (G-rated) 113,131 photos, 3,107 members
- Caption This! 3,803 photos, 659 members
- God & Nature...Do Nothing In Vain(Post 1, Comment 1) 26,923 photos, 2,811 members
- GialloBlu - YellowBlue - JauneBleu - AmarilloAzul - GelbBlau 850 photos, 778 members
- The Blue Wall Project 2,359 photos, 303 members
- Gold Star Awards 786,113 photos, 48,770 members
- blue + rust 14,534 photos, 1,341 members
- Your Best Photos! 15,825 photos, 475 members
ad hoc cake says:
"Katie is no joke. She's a force to be reckoned with whenever she's behind a camera. Some of the most inspiring images I've seen on Flickr can be found in Katie's photostream, and her passion for photography is evident in everything she captures. G-Rap has a proven talent in its midst."
April 24th, 2008
"What took me so long to write this? Katie's photos show well and she has a real talent with that machine she holds so tight in her hands! I can always count on her photos to be: gallery worthy, varied... but still within her personal style and well planned. She knows what she is doing and it shows throughout her photo stream. Fate brought us together as friends... Thank you Fate!"
July 12th, 2007
A Different Perspective says:
"Some photographers inspire me with the technical excellence of their work. Others with the depth of imagination, the mood, or the emotion in what they produce. Still others surprise me in choice of subjects, sense of humour or ability to capture the unexpected.
It's only occasionally that I stumble over someone capable of employing more than one of these tools. I've known Kate to use them all.
In the time that Kate and I have been friends, and fellow photographers, I've watched her level of confidence lift, and it has shown in her work. Not that it's better (though some of it is), but it's more brave, more matter-of-fact, more fundamentally... well, rusty. :-)
Most importantly though, I like it. Lots."
October 30th, 2006
- March 2005
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Accounting Clerk