Italian film photographer based in Rome
I love film and I shoot with film cameras, mostly portraiture and nude art with natural light. The woman in my profile pictures is my beloved wife Alessandra, my first and best muse.
My professional life is devoted to scientific research: I am Professor of Economics at Sapienza University of Rome and I collaborate with the Higher School of Economics of Moscow and other institutions.
Since I travel a lot for conferences and meetings, I mostly shoot during my trips. I regularly shoot in Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Moscow, New York, Paris and Tokyo. However, sometimes I take a break from my ordinary academic life and I arrange shootings in Rome.
Here you can find my cv and other information on my activities: www.socialcapitalgateway.org/editor and fabiosabatini.site.uniroma1.it.
I love my academic work and I am not interested in making photography a source of income. I only work with volunteer models who wish to be in my works.
I am always looking forward to shooting with new and interesting people. Any kind of beauty is most welcome.
If you are interested in shooting together drop me a message and let's do some art!
- Olympus OM 129,168 photos, 6,116 members
- Chercher la Femme ♀ 41,544 photos, 2,404 members
- Film Street Photography 31,968 photos, 986 members
- FILM IS SEXY!! 44,303 photos, 805 members
- I Shoot With Film 42,986 photos, 819 members
- Old School B&W Darkroom 1,084 photos, 96 members
- Film, no compromise! 6,331 photos, 116 members
- Film Only. No retouching. 31,008 photos, 805 members
- Film is Dead, Long Live Film! 28,830 photos, 530 members
- World in Film 23,073 photos, 540 members
- Film Grain Style 顆粒風格 33,984 photos, 979 members
- Film is the future 72,171 photos, 2,037 members
- arte desnudos y algo mas 3,268 photos, 1,000 members
- Erotic poetry 5,839 photos, 1,654 members
- Photographe nu artistique masculin 3,716 photos, 2,410 members
- Lingerie Fashion (High Quality) 12,265 photos, 2,330 members
- X-PAN 8,227 photos, 481 members
- XPAN street ... 3,457 photos, 494 members
- Xpan 25,887 photos, 7,529 members
- Hasselblad XPan 45mm f4 4,968 photos, 577 members
- We Are Kodak 14,036 photos, 744 members
- The Film Photography Diary - Open submissions 29,147 photos, 2,538 members
- analogue photographers 52,899 photos, 780 members
- Grainy Pleasures 87,038 photos, 2,133 members
- Zenit Portraits (Only portraits) 6,389 photos, 1,048 members
- Passionate about Film Photography? 27,175 photos, 620 members
- the film diary 69,311 photos, 1,625 members
- I Shoot Expired Film 62,002 photos, 1,610 members
- Olympus OM Film 6,585 photos, 375 members
- Analogue Photography 1,212,277 photos, 22,128 members
- Kodak Fans 17,963 photos, 580 members
- Quality Film Photography 50,312 photos, 1,663 members
- Girls with Film Cameras 3,655 photos, 829 members
- _Atoms_ 18,107 photos, 2,192 members
- the resurrection of film: film is back 102,631 photos, 2,584 members
- ILFORD PAN 400 4,555 photos, 741 members
- JapanCameraHunter 21,680 photos, 735 members
- Analog Bokeh 54,650 photos, 2,219 members
- why I love Medium Format 29,713 photos, 899 members
- analog magazine 22,111 photos, 3,554 members
- ISO400 - Monday Morning Special 48,941 photos, 1,113 members
- Asia on Film 4,134 photos, 327 members
- Kodak Portra 800 2,474 photos, 925 members
- bokeh.* (FILM ONLY!) 69,856 photos, 2,194 members
- Medium Format Portrait 315 photos, 1,314 members
- Film Photography Podcast 357,471 photos, 10,127 members
- Slide Film 73,267 photos, 2,365 members
- BUY FILM NOT MEGAPIXELS 221,919 photos, 3,865 members
- Film Lovers 380,719 photos, 6,111 members
- Analogic Film Group 64,159 photos, 1,038 members
Khánh Hmoong says:
"Wonderfiul photostream!!! Love the colors of your photos."
March 24th, 2012
pjan vandaele says:
"I'm only a recent flickr user but a long-time flickr lurker, and Fabio is one of my greatest idols around here. Over time he has developed a candid-capturing and post-processing technique which I only can be jealous about. I would just love to take some photography classes from him...
He's one of those must-follow photographers here on flickr... and you won't regret about it!"
October 19th, 2009
Foreign Roads. says:
"I have literally just finished look through your photostream and I wish I could describe the way I feel. The word most accurate to what I feel is INSPIRED. I have never been so quickly put in aw by photos before. Every photograph is a masterpiece. The colors, locations, techniques are just flawless. Thank you so much for the inspiration you have given me."
February 19th, 2010
lu 路 says:
"One of the most intelligent and sensitive man I have ever met in flickr.
You have just to look at his pics and you'll see how he feels life from within.
Fabio, I love you, my dear friend."
July 28th, 2008
Milena T. says:
"A me Fabietto sembra di conoscerlo da una vita....ho fatto il tifo per lui fin dal primo istante.
Sarà perché nei suoi scatti ci mette pezzi di vita ed amore......
September 18th, 2007
[ Noctiflorous ] says:
"Beh,io Fabio l'ho "conosciuto" tramite il Morula [ si',sembra strano che il Morula abbia gente 'normale' tra suoi contatti su Flickr! =P ]
Mi e' piaciuto subito il suo stile : semplice,diretto,delicato,forte allo stesso tempo.
E ogni giorno che passa , la sua arte migliora,lui cresce come fotografo.
Quando ci mettiamo a dieta? =P"
August 11th, 2007
"Ma non ti ho ancora scritto un testimonial? Lazy boy!
Fabio è una delle primissime persone che ho trovato su Flickr, e di sicuro la prima che mi ha emozionato con le sue immagini, con il suo racconto autobiografico non facile e la sua schiettezza.
Un giorno ci incontreremo, e sarà per caso."
February 14th, 2007
"E la morale della favola è: l'amore vince, SEMPRE! :)"
February 10th, 2007
"Le foto di Fabio sono una cascata di emozioni che ti invadono senza alcun esitazione.
Riesce a trasmettere veramente tante cose con scatti in BN apparentemente poco originali."
January 16th, 2007
"Fabio ha la grande capacità di catturare scatti di vita quotidiana, ritratti di persone che esprimono emozioni. Mai scontato, Fabio entra nel cuore della gente comune e noi che vediamo le sue fotografie non possiamo far altro che emozionarci."
October 5th, 2006
"What you do, is simply a good photography. This is the heart of photography."
August 28th, 2006
"Fabio è una delle poche persone in grado di scrivere ché con l'accento acuto."
June 8th, 2006
"Nice profile and a wonderful photostream, I like it"
May 7th, 2006
- Fabio Sabatini
- January 2006
- Economics professor