I am not a professional photographer, just a self-taught, unskilled, amateur.
I do scientific research for living. I am Professor of Economics at the Sapienza University of Rome and I collaborate with research centres at the Universities of Trento and York.
In my professional life, I am interested in investigating the motivation of human behaviour from a multidisciplinary perspective. My recent research topics include - but are not limited to - computer-mediated communication, cooperative and social enterprises, happiness, labour precariousness, mental and physical health, social interactions, social networks, and social norms. Please, visit my website to learn more on my research activity and possibly read my papers.
I also write two blogs in the Italian magazine MicroMega and in the Italian newspaper Il Fatto Quotidiano.
In my private life, I am a passionate amateur photographer and I collaborate with Getty Images as a freelance (2 years renewable contributor agreement). Follow this link to see my currently-in-stock photos.
All of my photos are copyrighted and available for license at request to Getty Images. You do NOT have my permission to use any of my photos in any form. If you do so, your behaviour will be considered as a violation of copyright and you will be subject to legal actions by Getty's lawyers.
The blond girl you see in much of my photos is Alessandra, my beloved wife. Faves and comments are most welcome, especially if they address technical aspects of photos. Kind words of appreciation are also welcome, of course.
Needless to say, gross or crude comments that make us feel unconfortable in any way are not welcome. They will be deleted, and their authors will be blocked.
I do not like glittering awards at all. Please, do not post animated gifs or pictures in your comments. And please, do not invite my photos to groups where one must comment and/or invite and/or give award.
I usually delete this kind of comments and, when their authors persist in posting such stuff, I block them.
My equipment currently includes a Hasselblad 501CM and a Canon Eos 7D, accompained by the following lenses:
- Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 Ex Dc Hsm
- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Ex Dc Hsm
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
- Carl Zeiss Planar 80mm f/2.8
- Canon EF 100mm f/2 USM
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
- Canon 10-22mm, f/3.5-4.5 USM
- Yashica Yashinon 50mm f/1.7 M42 Screw
- digital is the devil 67,442 photos, 1,970 members
- Analoguemasters 58,606 photos, 1,414 members
- being (film only) 3,127 photos, 687 members
- фотопленка 1,763 photos, 637 members
- absolut analog 749 photos, 53 members
- SLIDE FILM (*Not Xpro*) 54,049 photos, 3,016 members
- Kodak Expired Film 16,632 photos, 1,428 members
- Hasselblad 80mm (FILM and 80mm ONLY) 8,219 photos, 507 members
- Hasselblad Vietnam 797 photos, 54 members
- Ingmar Bergman's 63rd Film 9,855 photos, 859 members
- analogica.it 19,731 photos, 625 members
- CineStillFilm 829 photos, 275 members
- film.means.something.to.us 133,504 photos, 3,009 members
- FOTOGRAFI E MODELLE A ROMA 1,079 photos, 141 members
- Thailand Rolleiflex Society 386 photos, 81 members
- Vietnam Medium Format 247 photos, 40 members
- Vietnam - Street photography 1,471 photos, 1,597 members
- Vietnam on Film 904 photos, 60 members
- Bangkok 66,659 photos, 3,796 members
- Bangkok Film 1,119 photos, 113 members
- #bringbackreversal 1,051 photos, 79 members
- Upgrade to Film 152,207 photos, 2,150 members
- girls on film 8,450 photos, 662 members
- 35mm color film 69,829 photos, 2,359 members
- 6x6 Film Portraits 20,289 photos, 1,611 members
- C-41 and other Color Negative Films 38,317 photos, 1,313 members
- / / A N A L O G U E /\ L E G S \ \ 3,200 photos, 404 members
- My Rolleiflex 992 photos, 119 members
- Hasselblad portraits 4,026 photos, 540 members
- Hasselblad - Only the Best 1,466 photos, 854 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 175,986 photos, 15,724 members
- Rollei - Italia 1,615 photos, 109 members
- Rolleiflex Portrait and Self-portrait 1,580 photos, 195 members
- Rolleiflex and Rolleicord 31,985 photos, 4,293 members
- Rolleiflex (120 Film) 5,125 photos, 321 members
- ITALIAN|FILM|PHOTOGRAPHY 7,893 photos, 233 members
- I Shoot Fuji (FILM) 311,852 photos, 13,409 members
- Grain is Good 294,566 photos, 13,269 members
- Film Vision 134,461 photos, 2,128 members
- Film Addicts 52,245 photos, 862 members
- Fanatical About Film 38,577 photos, 980 members
- Analogue Sunrise 76,065 photos, 2,092 members
- Analog Soul 68,527 photos, 2,277 members
- Perfect Imperfections on FILM 8,340 photos, 346 members
- MUNDO ANALÓGICO / Analog world 27,693 photos, 736 members
- 銀鹽同學會 Film Club 86,824 photos, 930 members
- Film Explosion 122,352 photos, 3,026 members
- 66graphy. 57,568 photos, 1,281 members
- Kodak Portra Portraits 1,733 photos, 384 members
- New Kodak Portra 400 15,356 photos, 1,691 members
Khánh Hmoong says:
"Wonderfiul photostream!!! Love the colors of your photos."
24th March, 2012
pjan vandaele says:
"I'm only a recent flickr user but a long-time flickr lurker, and Fabio is one of my greatest idols around here. Over time he has developed a candid-capturing and post-processing technique which I only can be jealous about. I would just love to take some photography classes from him...
He's one of those must-follow photographers here on flickr... and you won't regret about it!"
19th October, 2009
Foreign Roads. says:
"I have literally just finished look through your photostream and I wish I could describe the way I feel. The word most accurate to what I feel is INSPIRED. I have never been so quickly put in aw by photos before. Every photograph is a masterpiece. The colors, locations, techniques are just flawless. Thank you so much for the inspiration you have given me."
19th February, 2010
lu 路 says:
"One of the most intelligent and sensitive man I have ever met in flickr.
You have just to look at his pics and you'll see how he feels life from within.
Fabio, I love you, my dear friend."
28th July, 2008
Milena T. says:
"A me Fabietto sembra di conoscerlo da una vita....ho fatto il tifo per lui fin dal primo istante.
Sarà perché nei suoi scatti ci mette pezzi di vita ed amore......
18th September, 2007
[ Eccentric bubble ] says:
"Beh,io Fabio l'ho "conosciuto" tramite il Morula [ si',sembra strano che il Morula abbia gente 'normale' tra suoi contatti su Flickr! =P ]
Mi e' piaciuto subito il suo stile : semplice,diretto,delicato,forte allo stesso tempo.
E ogni giorno che passa , la sua arte migliora,lui cresce come fotografo.
Quando ci mettiamo a dieta? =P"
11th August, 2007
"Ma non ti ho ancora scritto un testimonial? Lazy boy!
Fabio è una delle primissime persone che ho trovato su Flickr, e di sicuro la prima che mi ha emozionato con le sue immagini, con il suo racconto autobiografico non facile e la sua schiettezza.
Un giorno ci incontreremo, e sarà per caso."
14th February, 2007
"E la morale della favola è: l'amore vince, SEMPRE! :)"
10th February, 2007
"Le foto di Fabio sono una cascata di emozioni che ti invadono senza alcun esitazione.
Riesce a trasmettere veramente tante cose con scatti in BN apparentemente poco originali."
16th January, 2007
"Fabio ha la grande capacità di catturare scatti di vita quotidiana, ritratti di persone che esprimono emozioni. Mai scontato, Fabio entra nel cuore della gente comune e noi che vediamo le sue fotografie non possiamo far altro che emozionarci."
5th October, 2006
"What you do, is simply a good photography. This is the heart of photography."
28th August, 2006
"Fabio è una delle poche persone in grado di scrivere ché con l'accento acuto."
8th June, 2006
"Nice profile and a wonderful photostream, I like it"
7th May, 2006
- Fabio Sabatini
- January 2006
- fa.sabatini [at] gmail.com