| website |
| getty images |
| trevillion |
| arcangel |
| vimeo |
| buy my books on Blurb |
A 17 anni scattavo le mie prime foto mosse, a volte sfocate e spesso sovra-o-sotto-esposte.
Ho sempre preferito concentrarmi sulle persone, ispirandomi alle foto che realizzava mio padre, appassionato di fotografia che amava ritrarre perlopiù gli amici, i parenti e la famiglia.
Nel 1986 lui andò lassù, con gli angeli.
E io da allora, prima con la sua bellissima Canon FT meccanica (degli anni 70), poi con la mia stupenda Contax, e oggi con le nuove fotocamere digitali, non ho più smesso di scattare fotografie.
Mi piace definirmi fotografo semi-pro, in quanto se capita, ed è capitato molte volte, realizzo lavori a livello professionale: dalla cover/grafica per il CD di un musicista, ai ritratti su commissione, fino all'importante lavoro svolto per la ditta Piacenza Cashmere per la quale ho realizzato tutte le foto per il loro sito e-commerce.
Da qualche anno mi sono appassionato sempre di più alla fotografia stock. Sono contributore ufficiale Getty Images, Arcangel e Trevillion, importanti agenzie di vendita di immagini su licenza attraverso le quali è possibile acquistare i miei lavori.
I started taking pictures when I was 17 years old, sometimes blurry and often over-or under-exposed.
I have always preferred to focus on people. That will be my first and great inspiration and teacher, my father Mario, always told me:
"I like taking pictures with 'inside' people, parents and friends...
Over time, memories will remain unique and valuable.
... And remember, behind every image, always write the date".
In 1986 he died and went up there, with the angels.
And I, since then, first with its beautiful Canon FT (70s), then with my wonderful Contax, and now with new digital cameras, I continued to take pictures, beautiful and ugly.
Never forget, as my father taught me, to write back to all, the date.
DON'T ADD ME, please :
- if you have only pictures of porn
- pictures you haven't taken
- or you have no pictures,
Not to use my images without my written permission, these images are protect from Copyright ©.
Some of my book covers:
My equipment :
Canon EOS 6D
Canon EOS 40D
Canon PowerShot G12
Canon Lens EF50mm f/1.2L USM
Canon Lens EF 135mm f/2L USM
Canon Lens EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Canon Lens EF 28mm f/1.8 USM
Canon Lens EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Canon Lens EF-S18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Canon Lens EF-S10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
Canon Battery Grip BG-E2N
3 Flash-Studio Elinchrom D-Lite2it
1 Rotalux Softbox Recta (by Elinchrom) 90x110 cm
1 Rotalux Deep Octa (by Elinchrom) 70cm
1 Portalite 65x65cm (by Elinchrom)
1 Beauty Dish 40cm Compatibile Elinchrom - RF4999
1 FotoQuantum® LightPro™ Softbox Octagonal 140cm
2 FotoQuantum® LightPro™ Softbox Striplight 35x160cm
1 Flash Canon Speedlite 430EX II
2 Flash Nikon SB24 (used off-camera)
1 X Lastolite Ezybox Hotshoe 38X38cm (2438)
1 X Phottix Reflective Umbrella 60" (152cm)
1 X White Umbrella
1 X Photoflex Silver Umbrella
1 X Profoto Reflector Sunsilver / White L (120 cm)
1 X Lastolite Silver/white/translucent Umbrella 100cm
1 Lastolite Tri Grip Reflector - Silver, White (LR3631)
1 Lastolite TriGrip Bracket 2430
Elinchrom Skyport Universal Speed Set // 19357
Pocket Wizard Plus II transceiver
Avenger C-Stand 18 with Sliding Leg [A2018L]
Avenger C-Stand 25 with Sliding Leg [A2025L]
Avenger C-Stand Kit 33 [A2033FKIT]
Avenger Boom Arm with Sliding Attachment [D600]
Manfrotto Tripod 055XPROB,
Manfrotto 322RC2 Joystick Head
Manfrotto MVH500AH Fluid Video Head
Manfrotto 496RC2 Compact Ball Head
2 Manfrotto 076 Autopole 1,5-2,7mt.
2 Manfrotto 032B Autopole 2,1-3,7mt.
Manfrotto Stand 1052BAC
Manfrotto Stand 1004BAC
Manfrotto Nano Stand 5001B
Mac Pro (early 2008) 2X2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | 12GB ram
Wacom Intuos4 Pen Tablet
Photos of Paolo Martinez (9)
- The Art of High Class Photography 221 photos, 112 members
- Lighting Essentials 88,354 photos, 8,108 members
- Self-Portraits! 494,303 photos, 46,271 members
- Food and Drinks creative photography 14,591 photos, 8,144 members
- Canon Imagination 856,176 photos, 22,039 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,086 photos, 13,877 members
- Be a Hero - GoPro 20,088 photos, 3,401 members
- Self portrait. 31,288 photos, 3,252 members
- Self Expression (Moody Self-Portraits) 59,483 photos, 6,962 members
- Photo Light Pro 4,271 photos, 364 members
- The Strobist In Me 2,177 photos, 126 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 3,775,800 photos, 170,642 members
- 100 Bicycles 2,593 photos, 592 members
- Photography with Bokeh 5,282 photos, 880 members
- Bokeh Photography (1/day) 283,341 photos, 20,696 members
- flickrVideo 5,827 photos, 1,996 members
- Two = Zwei = Deux = Due = Dva = 2 102,129 photos, 2,932 members
- Self Portraits 135,023 photos, 10,702 members
- CANON PHOTOGRAPHERS ITALIA 56,096 photos, 1,481 members
- ESSENZA 8,084 photos, 165 members
- Manfrotto Official 40,824 photos, 2,452 members
- Vignetting 275,426 photos, 22,412 members
- Bokeh Standard 24,720 photos, 2,362 members
- Behind the Scenes 3,973 photos, 513 members
- ~Behind the scenes~ 1,928 photos, 604 members
- Clones 17,502 photos, 5,518 members
- Low key portraits 2,171 photos, 1,489 members
- Bokeh Wednesdays (anybody can join) 16,804 photos, 1,753 members
- bokeh 203,400 photos, 54,207 members
- Typography and Lettering 167,224 photos, 26,854 members
- Typophile // typography, lettering and design 46,210 photos, 6,213 members
- I ♥ Typography 21,669 photos, 2,107 members
- *****BOKEHLICIOUS IMAGE***** 217,932 photos, 9,840 members
- Classy Portraits 23,313 photos, 2,889 members
- The Portrait Group 2,713,805 photos, 153,017 members
- Portraiture 860,399 photos, 32,279 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 415,034 photos, 105,939 members
- El mundo en bicicletas 47,500 photos, 3,226 members
- BOKEH creative photography (shapes) 7,862 photos, 3,873 members
- Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM. 179,335 photos, 15,207 members
- ..Ritratti Italiani.. 103,589 photos, 5,151 members
- Aperture f1.4 6,208 photos, 505 members
- Bokeh addiction 225,350 photos, 9,488 members
- BLINK BLINK 60,143 photos, 1,846 members
- Strobist.com 602,524 photos, 121,864 members
- Bokeh Of The Day 136,486 photos, 6,116 members
- BOKEH - for the common folk 243,641 photos, 9,299 members
- Creative self-portraits. 210,455 photos, 20,652 members
- Self Ego 47,444 photos, 4,002 members
- Every day is Happy Bokeh Day ! 206,150 photos, 13,820 members
Ken Woodford Photography says:
"Paolo is one of my favorite photographers/contacts here on Flickr. I love the way he uses the light and the poses of his beautiful model. My favorite shots are those of him and his wife in the outdoor settings. The one with his guitar are also on the top of my list.
I thoroughly enjoy looking at his photos and aspire to copy some of the look he accomplishes with his editing. They are top notch!!!
He is truely a nice guy. Why do I say that? The few times we have communicated either here or on Facebook, the way he writes seems to make me feel I have been his best friend for life. That too is an asset that gets transferred to many of his photos.
Thank you and keep up the excellent work! You are truely a blessed artist.
February 2nd, 2011
Visual Impressionz says:
"Paolo is one of the top Photographers on Flickr is you ask me. Th images he takes with equipment that most of us can afford really shows you the skill level of this great Photographer. His work really motivates me to work harder so that I too can develop my voice in the photography world. If anyone tells you that you have to have L series Glass to produce great images, tell them BS and show them the work of a great photography named Paolo Martinez."
November 10th, 2010
"Paolo, your images are quite superb. Wonderful photographs, taken with a subtle adoration and respect for women that is rarely seen.
'Glamourous' is an understatement. Your images are some of the best nude and high heels photographs I have ever seen, capturing femine allure perfectly. It is clear that you love women and you show this in truly beautiful photographs taken with great passion and respect.
Your images are stylish, sensual and atmospheric, elegantly capturing feminine beauty, stunning legs and sumptuous curves. Your photographs show perfectly the essence of woman and celebrate us with style, class and love. Stunning.
Thank you for sharing them with us all."
March 23rd, 2010
Franck Tourneret says:
"Je suis très heureux de laisser ici ce témoignage pour ce couple que je trouve adorable, charmant et attachant.
Je viens ici toujours avec grand plaisir et grand sourire. C'est le rendez-vous de la belle Italie, le goût pour l'esthétique, la beauté et le design.
Des sujets sexy, des clins d'oeil fétichistes, mais toujours avec du bon goût et de la passion.
Je suis un grand fan !
Un grand merci!"
February 19th, 2010
"Paolo's Flickr stream shows that he has an excellent understanding of how to make a good photo.
I also love the amazing things he does with a simple 50mm lens."
February 16th, 2010
- Paolo Ramella
- April 2008
- Biella, Italy
- I am:
- Commesso / Clerk