the day i decided to stop working felt as though i had walked off the edge of a cliff ... that was in 2008. over these past years, i have changed my outlook on life, and my life ... i have grown a love for taking photos as a way to express myself at many different levels - creatively, emotionally, philosophically. i am my own worst critic ... and often what i post is not the image i have in my head, but despite that i enjoy the process.
i have found flickr to be an amazing community where the creativity inspires, and where true and supportive friendships can be formed. my involvement in this community has helped me to transform my life (even out in my real life), and for a person who is protective of their privacy, this process can be very liberating.
for the last couple of years, I have been building a small photography business based in Sydney, Australia - Dragon Papillon Photography. I may not be as active here as I once was, but that is because I am generally behind the lens for clients.
you are welcome to visit my website: www.dragonpapillon.com
like/follow us on facebook: Dragon Papillon
or get behind the scenes with Dragon Papillon on instagram or palo on facebook
thank you for visiting.
- Project 365 1,926,396 photos, 30,848 members
- One Object 365 Days Project 62,313 photos, 1,583 members
- 365 or less 97,305 photos, 1,316 members
- 365 Days Project 859,689 photos, 13,781 members
- PTTP 3,937 photos, 509 members
- "World Nature & Wildlife Closeup" Post 1/C3 271,402 photos, 10,072 members
- Flickr Mockup 2,750 photos, 88 members
- Flickr, let's make it a better place! 84,413 photos, 1,658 members
- Flickr Universe 292,631 photos, 3,522 members
- This is Art! 1,826 photos, 728 members
- The Majority World: Photos of Hope 2,602 photos, 296 members
- Giving / Charity / Community 1,760 photos, 316 members
- Charity 3,013 photos, 485 members
- Creative View 103,234 photos, 1,638 members
- Dreams, visions and nightmares 22,910 photos, 805 members
- Dream a Little Dream 83,595 photos, 3,024 members
- Spiritual Expressionism 3,925 photos, 276 members
- Spiritual Visions 24,400 photos, 1,541 members
- Spiritual Earth 5,239 photos, 823 members
- Pure PhotoArt! 2,254 photos, 361 members
- Sydney flickr 86,301 photos, 3,991 members
- Animals world Hall of fame (P1-A2) 8,232 photos, 855 members
- Animals world Level 5 (P1-A5) 8,711 photos, 880 members
- Animals world Level 4 (P1-A5) 10,530 photos, 977 members
- Humanity Based B&W Photography 1,179 photos, 73 members
- Vermeer Pearls.. (P1/A2) 119,661 photos, 4,364 members
- Animals world Level 3 (P1-A5) 13,206 photos, 1,119 members
- PEOPLE_OF_ THE_WORLD 133,755 photos, 2,797 members
- People all around the world 144,406 photos, 4,258 members
- People of the World 858,162 photos, 23,858 members
- Double Ring of Excellence - CLOSED 31,852 photos, 2,894 members
- ! The BEST of TONED Black & White Photography 9,434 photos, 325 members
- Vanuatu by tips4travels 191 photos, 25 members
- Vanuatu 3,044 photos, 265 members
- Flickr Monthly Scavenger Hunt 116,067 photos, 720 members
- ***A Place For Great Photographers*** Level 1 (No Group Limit) 490,846 photos, 13,348 members
- Everything Good in Nature Premium (Invited Photos Only) ~ P1/A5 7,143 photos, 530 members
- EAT ME, DRINK ME. 107,466 photos, 2,048 members
- Food Porn 819,531 photos, 63,441 members
- Black and White (Photography) 210,178 photos, 8,795 members
- ! The BEST of Black & White Photography (NO SEPIA) 333,375 photos, 14,000 members
- THE NATURE'S SOUL (P1~C2) LEVEL 1 Sweeper Active 82,077 photos, 3,891 members
- B&W Nature Photography 7,960 photos, 495 members
- . .Photoshoplift-ed (PSL) 593 photos, 23 members
- The Best of Black & White ☯ 301,325 photos, 11,619 members
- Classical Black & White 119,499 photos, 2,781 members
- !* Dagmar's Fauna Farm ϡ Tiere/ les Animaux ☚ P1-A2 63,698 photos, 2,513 members
- Ethereal World 56,268 photos, 3,181 members
- Key so high, only dogs can hear it. 324 photos, 120 members
- High Key Society 19,955 photos, 4,360 members
"You photography never ceases to inspire. Great attention to detail and precise composition. Bravo!"
November 7th, 2013
Bill D114 says:
"I don't write many of these because it takes a really special person to make me want to write a testimonial. Palo is one of those special people. She is an artist, she is creative, but most of all she is a woman. A woman to be admired for her artistry and for her creativity. But most of all a woman to be admired for her courage. She is an inspiration to me and has truly impacted the way I look at life. My only wish is that I could be half the inspiration she is. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. She is special. Very special. My only regret is that she lives on the other side of the world. I would love the opportunity to meet her personally. She is one of a kind."
June 7th, 2013
"A beautiful lady with beautiful pictures,,,,,,,,im so happy we met on here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
March 6th, 2013
Mars Observer ♂ says:
"The breadth of Palo's work is vast - still lifes, landscapes, portraits, abstracts... but no matter the subject, you'll always find a piece of Palo, buried somewhere deep inside. That piece breathes life, beautiful life, into each and every one of her images!"
August 13th, 2012
"I find Palo to be a very lovely person,from what i can see through her pictures!
They all tell a story & a loving & sensitive one at that!
Her pictures & quotes are very inspirational to me at times & it's a pleasure to always come and see what "life" she has captured :)
Beautiful work Palo,keep it up my friend :)"
January 10th, 2012
The Guy With The Hat says:
"it's always fun to go on her stream every day, and several new and amazing things! Some people say that the camera makes the girl, but in Palo's case, she makes the camera!!!"
June 30th, 2011
- October 2008
- Sydney, Australia
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Dragon Papillon Photography