the day i decided to stop working felt as though i had walked off the edge of a cliff ... that was in 2008. over these past years, i have changed my outlook on life, and my life ... i have grown a love for taking photos as a way to express myself at many different levels - creatively, emotionally, philosophically. i am my own worst critic ... and often what i post is not the image i have in my head, but despite that i enjoy the process.
i have found flickr to be an amazing community where the creativity inspires, and where true and supportive friendships can be formed. my involvement in this community has helped me to transform my life (even out in my real life), and for a person who is protective of their privacy, this process can be very liberating.
for the last couple of years, I have been building a small photography business based in Sydney, Australia - Dragon Papillon Photography. I may not be as active here as I once was, but that is because I am generally behind the lens for clients.
you are welcome to visit my website: www.dragonpapillon.com
like/follow us on facebook: Dragon Papillon
or get behind the scenes with Dragon Papillon on instagram or palo on facebook
thank you for visiting.
- Project 365 1,942,479 photos, 30,936 members
- One Object 365 Days Project 62,567 photos, 1,589 members
- 365 or less 98,067 photos, 1,321 members
- 365 Days Project 858,974 photos, 13,771 members
- PTTP 3,883 photos, 488 members
- "World Nature & Wildlife Closeup" Post 1/C3 271,659 photos, 10,051 members
- Flickr Mockup 2,671 photos, 88 members
- Flickr, let's make it a better place! 81,327 photos, 1,640 members
- Flickr Universe 288,254 photos, 3,483 members
- This is Art! 1,845 photos, 735 members
- The Majority World: Photos of Hope 2,597 photos, 299 members
- Giving / Charity / Community 1,726 photos, 314 members
- Charity 2,956 photos, 480 members
- Creative View 103,874 photos, 1,628 members
- Dreams, visions and nightmares 22,308 photos, 795 members
- Dream a Little Dream 83,872 photos, 3,040 members
- Spiritual Expressionism 3,943 photos, 273 members
- Spiritual Visions 24,369 photos, 1,541 members
- Spiritual Earth 5,260 photos, 822 members
- Pure PhotoArt! 2,272 photos, 365 members
- Sydney flickr 84,563 photos, 3,973 members
- Animals world Hall of fame (P1-A2) 8,243 photos, 856 members
- Animals world Level 5 (P1-A5) 8,784 photos, 878 members
- Animals world Level 4 (P1-A5) 10,618 photos, 975 members
- Humanity Based B&W Photography 1,196 photos, 74 members
- Vermeer Pearls.. (P1/A2) 114,390 photos, 4,327 members
- Animals world Level 3 (P1-A5) 13,307 photos, 1,104 members
- PEOPLE_OF_ THE_WORLD 133,318 photos, 2,786 members
- People all around the world 140,594 photos, 4,226 members
- People of the World 857,083 photos, 23,638 members
- Double Ring of Excellence - CLOSED 32,252 photos, 2,917 members
- ! The BEST of TONED Black & White Photography 9,132 photos, 312 members
- Vanuatu by tips4travels 191 photos, 22 members
- Vanuatu 2,964 photos, 262 members
- Flickr Monthly Scavenger Hunt 120,883 photos, 718 members
- ***A Place For Great Photographers*** Level 1 (No Group Limit) 479,936 photos, 13,162 members
- Everything Good in Nature Premium (Invited Photos Only) ~ P1/A5 7,005 photos, 531 members
- EAT ME, DRINK ME. 106,298 photos, 2,046 members
- Food Porn 820,634 photos, 63,685 members
- Black and White (Photography) 203,318 photos, 8,748 members
- ! The BEST of Black & White Photography (NO SEPIA) 327,433 photos, 13,707 members
- THE NATURE'S SOUL (P1~C2) LEVEL 1 Sweeper Active 82,569 photos, 3,906 members
- B&W Nature Photography 7,590 photos, 485 members
- . .Photoshoplift-ed (PSL) 589 photos, 23 members
- The Best of Black & White ☯ (Award 3) 294,710 photos, 11,338 members
- Classical Black & White 116,425 photos, 2,754 members
- !* Dagmar's Fauna Farm ϡ only animals and pets! ☚ P1-A2 63,896 photos, 2,518 members
- Ethereal World 58,193 photos, 3,203 members
- Key so high, only dogs can hear it. 326 photos, 121 members
- High Key Society 20,021 photos, 4,377 members
"You photography never ceases to inspire. Great attention to detail and precise composition. Bravo!"
November 7th, 2013
Bill D114 says:
"I don't write many of these because it takes a really special person to make me want to write a testimonial. Palo is one of those special people. She is an artist, she is creative, but most of all she is a woman. A woman to be admired for her artistry and for her creativity. But most of all a woman to be admired for her courage. She is an inspiration to me and has truly impacted the way I look at life. My only wish is that I could be half the inspiration she is. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. She is special. Very special. My only regret is that she lives on the other side of the world. I would love the opportunity to meet her personally. She is one of a kind."
June 7th, 2013
"A beautiful lady with beautiful pictures,,,,,,,,im so happy we met on here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
March 6th, 2013
Mars Observer ♂ says:
"The breadth of Palo's work is vast - still lifes, landscapes, portraits, abstracts... but no matter the subject, you'll always find a piece of Palo, buried somewhere deep inside. That piece breathes life, beautiful life, into each and every one of her images!"
August 13th, 2012
"I find Palo to be a very lovely person,from what i can see through her pictures!
They all tell a story & a loving & sensitive one at that!
Her pictures & quotes are very inspirational to me at times & it's a pleasure to always come and see what "life" she has captured :)
Beautiful work Palo,keep it up my friend :)"
January 10th, 2012
The Guy With The Hat says:
"it's always fun to go on her stream every day, and several new and amazing things! Some people say that the camera makes the girl, but in Palo's case, she makes the camera!!!"
June 30th, 2011
- October 2008
- Sydney, Australia
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Dragon Papillon Photography