"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you." Frank Lloyd Wright
My photos are available to be licensed. I also show and sell my work in galleries. Please email me for pricing or other information.
My photos have appeared in Parade Magazine, The London Daily Mirror, numerous newspapers and magazines around the world, on web sites and in galleries and museums.
I welcome the new friendships I have made on this site and hope in the future to meet some of my contacts in person.
Please feel free to email me any time.
I would also like to thank everyone for close to 5 Million views of my individual photos and photostream as of Oct. 2016
My equipment includes:
Nikon TC 14E II Converter
Canon Powershot SX20 IS
AF-S Nikkor 80-400 mm VR lens
Nikkor 105mm f/2.8
Nikkor 24-85 mm lens
Nikkor 18-70 mm lens
Nikkor 50mm f1.8 lens
Sigma 10-20 mm lens
Nikon GPS System
My favorite places to photograph nature include:
Wilde Lake--Columbia, Maryland
Lake Kittamaqundi--Columbia Maryland
Centennial Lake--Ellicott City, Maryland
Brookside Gardens--Wheaton, Maryland
Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens--Washington, DC
Conowingo Dam, Maryland
Great Falls, Maryland
Bombay Hook, Delaware
This Canada Goose In Flight photo was my first to make it to Number One on Explore/Interestingness.
With over 3000 views this is one of me (not by me): Halloween in Silver Spring, MD. My next door neighbors, Becky (the first girl I ever kissed) and her younger sister Jean invited me to trick or treat with them. We just moved into the neighborhood. I still wonder if they were shocked by my dressing like a girl for Halloween. There was no way of telling. They kept their masks on. I haven't dressed like a girl since.
My earlier life was Rock and Roll. Music is and will always be one of the most important things in my life. The photo below was taken on David Bowie's first night (ever) in the United States. I am the one waving in the photo. David was great. He went to dinner with me, my brother and my parents. This photo was taken in my parent's living room in Silver Spring, MD. Later that night he came to my house and spent the evening. Incredible memories for me.
My current path in photography is nature.
Spring is my favorite season. A time of birth and renewal in the animal world. Canada Geese have made Maryland a year round habitat. Their goslings are a constant source of delight.
Another harbinger of Spring is the Cardinal. I was lucky to capture the movement of this one as it left its perch.
An added benefit of being outdoors and photographing nature is that I am able to photograph dogs. None of my dog photos are posed. I will just happen by and, voila, a dog appears, I hope it's friendly and I aim and shoot.
Sometimes nature mingles with manmade objects. I like this shot because of the glint in the eye and the light fixture...I call it Keeper of the Flame.
Sometimes an opportunity presents itself when least expected. I was looking for Herons when this Squirrel presented itself with a mouthful of grass--the Rare Maryland Turf Squirrel.
This Hippo photo is my second photo to have made it to Number One on Explore. What a thrill. Over 20,000 views and 449 faves of the hippo.
My third photo to make it to Number One on Explore
Photos of ozoni11 (1)
- 2016 Smithsonian Folklife Festival 557 photos, 52 members
- Nikon D500 Users 3,119 photos, 371 members
- D500 Club 9,646 photos, 776 members
- Outer Banks 14,365 photos, 1,236 members
- The Outer Banks of North Carolina 6,548 photos, 679 members
- OBX 7,011 photos, 573 members
- North Carolina Sunsets/Sunrises 11,425 photos, 806 members
- AC ISLES. 8,122 photos, 790 members
- Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD 17,020 photos, 560 members
- Photoshopped Hot Rods 17,627 photos, 246 members
- Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta 5,607 photos, 658 members
- Ballooning 28,878 photos, 3,384 members
- UclickVframe 16,247 photos, 2,628 members
- Bokeh Photography (1/day) 349,528 photos, 25,580 members
- Gettysburg 17,601 photos, 1,123 members
- Fireworks 97,012 photos, 23,672 members
- Maine 49,271 photos, 2,010 members
- New England 174,272 photos, 3,608 members
- Essence of Maine 43,494 photos, 2,079 members
- Baltimore Artscape 2014 19 photos, 4 members
- f/1.4 17,647 photos, 515 members
- Square Animals 6,062 photos, 452 members
- in explore 683,368 photos, 60,823 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 751 photos, 1,324 members
- Birding World 156,199 photos, 1,414 members
- Panorama Experiments 59,613 photos, 4,870 members
- Sony NEX-6 56,108 photos, 2,379 members
- Sony NEX 16-50mm PZ Pancake OSS Lens (SEL-P1650) 11,620 photos, 1,189 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 1,315 photos, 1,799 members
- The Monthly Bird Photo Contest 20,610 photos, 335 members
- Maryland Renaissance Festival- RENNFEST! MDRF 1,572 photos, 117 members
- Best Photos of the World (Selected Images) 591 photos, 472 members
- eastern state penitentiary 9,152 photos, 747 members
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum 3,226 photos, 368 members
- Smithsonian: National Air and Space Museums 2,690 photos, 526 members
- 2013 Smithsonian Folklife Festival 2,280 photos, 81 members
- Lobbies 751 photos, 134 members
- Nikon D7100 DSLR 388,055 photos, 9,436 members
- AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR 5,313 photos, 268 members
- The Nikon D7100 Group 322,319 photos, 9,495 members
- Drag Racing photo's 11,095 photos, 383 members
- Nikon D600/D610 133,013 photos, 3,120 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 424,517 photos, 13,336 members
- HDR - COLOUR SELECTION & MACRO Group 17,008 photos, 559 members
- Calvert County Maryland 2,870 photos, 108 members
- Solomons Island Maryland 399 photos, 67 members
- Mercedes-Benz World ( The Mighty ) 74,617 photos, 4,389 members
- Baltimore Artscape 2012 14 photos, 1 member
- Baltimore Rock Opera Society 810 photos, 38 members
- Art Car 4,746 photos, 1,056 members
"Words can't accurately describe Micheal's supreme talent with a lens. His images are simply glorious, which is most certainly due to his innate ability to not just capture, but anticipate such wondrous moments. The only thing more amazing than his unarguable prowess with a camera is his generous spirit. Michael was one of my first Flickr friends when I joined the community a few short months ago. He has willingly offered stellar advice and his comments have served to bolster the confidence of a relative novice such as I am. Never short of amazing, his images offer a glimpse into the beautiful world we call nature. His photography is most certainly a find here on Flickr, but no more so than Michael himself."
September 10th, 2008
"I am one of the luckiest guys in the world and I have loved photography all of the life. Now that I am retired, I am even luckier because I can work on anything I want to do. Flickr is a new found friend and just by chance I met Michael at lunch with a group of friends in the Lakeside Coffee shop.
To have him live in our town, and to have him as a personal mentor is my reward for doing the work I am doing of bringing a nature park to our community. Thank you Michael for helping me develop even a greater appreciation for the world I am working to create."
September 7th, 2008
Shadow Hunter says:
"Need inspiration to push yourself to the highest level of birding photography? Here it is. His Nikon D300 / Nikkor 80-400VR combination yields breathtaking results. You can see the great value of knowing your subject's behavior and habitat through frequent visits to the same location. Taking advantage of the wonderful tones and shadows found during the "Golden Hour" around sunrise and sunset is another big ingredient in his success. This is my ONLY daily stop on Flickr....Wow!
Thanks for sharing, and justifying my N.A.S. (Nikon Acquisition Syndrome ;) )"
May 12th, 2008
beluga 7 says:
"What a priviledge to have Ozoni11 on Flickr..His quality of photos is a reference for most of us...Thanks my friend for sharing these awesome picture and do not stop shooting. Sincerely Beluga 7"
February 29th, 2008
"I'm stunned by this man's talent. Every one of his photos is excellent, and many are true masterpieces. Plus, he got stoned with Bowie to boot ...that adds a whole bunch of cool-factor points! Way to go Michael!"
July 13th, 2007
amazin walter says:
"sat for a long while watching a slide show of your photos... it was hard to tear myself away...."
June 24th, 2007
Mia Lewis Images says:
"Ozoni11 is a fantastic friend to have on Flickr - not only shots are fabulous in every way & inspirational. But his enthusiasm and encouragment know no limits!! I am in awe of his photographic & artistic skills and look forward to seeing his new uploads whenever I sign on!!"
January 18th, 2007
Bizzy Girl says:
"The Bird Whisperer, Mike has a talent for capturing the most amazing images of the feathered beasts I have seen on Flickr.
I want to take pictures like his one day!"
January 1st, 2007
"Ozoni11, you are my favorite photographer on Flickr. Really, number ONE!
I just love your nature photos, all of them are stunning and an inspiration to me. I just hope that one day I could photograph like you do =)"
December 10th, 2006
"I'm writing this as I simply cannot comment on each and every photo I've seen so far (I'd be here all week, I love them!) but wanted to note that looking through, I've been awestruck. Totally mesmerised by such stunning work!
I look forward to seeing many more. Excellent!"
October 20th, 2006
arny johanns says:
"the beauty of ozoni11´s photos are striking..i love to visit and see his latest..and as i am not a very active commenter..(time doesn´t allow me)..i choose to let him and you know that his photos really bless me..he puts a lot of effort in them and it shows.."
April 18th, 2006
"Birds. There is simply no finer photographer of the subject posting to flickr in my mind, Michael is the man for it, his work is breathtaking in its beauty, superb in its art and always a joy to look at and a pleasure to behold.
I am in awe of his skill with the subjects he chooses and jealous at times of the amazing talent I see. If you havent discovered his work yet, you are truly missing out on something special."
March 30th, 2006
- Michael Oberman
- November 2005
- Columbia, MD, US
- I am:
- ozoni11 [at] yahoo.com