"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you." Frank Lloyd Wright
My photos are available to be licensed. I also show and sell my work in galleries. Please email me for pricing or other information.
My photos have appeared in Parade Magazine, The London Daily Mirror, numerous newspapers and magazines around the world, on web sites and in galleries and museums.
I welcome the new friendships I have made on this site and hope in the future to meet some of my contacts in person.
Please feel free to email me any time.
I would also like to thank everyone for more than 2 Million views of my individual photos and photostream as of Aug. 2011
My equipment includes:
Nikon TC 14E II Converter
Canon Powershot SX20 IS
AF-S Nikkor 80-400 mm VR lens
Nikkor 24-85 mm lens
Nikkor 18-70 mm lens
Nikkor 50mm f1.8 lens
Sigma 10-20 mm lens
Nikon GPS System
My favorite places to photograph nature include:
Wilde Lake--Columbia, Maryland
Lake Kittamaqundi--Columbia Maryland
Centennial Lake--Ellicott City, Maryland
Brookside Gardens--Wheaton, Maryland
Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens--Washington, DC
Conowingo Dam, Maryland
Great Falls, Maryland
Bombay Hook, Delaware
This Canada Goose In Flight photo was my first to make it to Number One on Explore/Interestingness.
With over 3000 views this is one of me (not by me): Halloween in Silver Spring, MD. My next door neighbors, Becky (the first girl I ever kissed) and her younger sister Jean invited me to trick or treat with them. We just moved into the neighborhood. I still wonder if they were shocked by my dressing like a girl for Halloween. There was no way of telling. They kept their masks on. I haven't dressed like a girl since.
My earlier life was Rock and Roll. Music is and will always be one of the most important things in my life. The photo below was taken on David Bowie's first night (ever) in the United States. I am the one waving in the photo. David was great. He went to dinner with me, my brother and my parents. This photo was taken in my parent's living room in Silver Spring, MD. Later that night he came to my house and spent the evening. Incredible memories for me. David, if you flickr--hello again!
My current path in photography is nature.
Spring is my favorite season. A time of birth and renewal in the animal world. Canada Geese have made Maryland a year round habitat. Their goslings are a constant source of delight.
Another harbinger of Spring is the Cardinal. I was lucky to capture the movement of this one as it left its perch.
An added benefit of being outdoors and photographing nature is that I am able to photograph dogs. None of my dog photos are posed. I will just happen by and, voila, a dog appears, I hope it's friendly and I aim and shoot.
Sometimes nature mingles with manmade objects. I like this shot because of the glint in the eye and the light fixture...I call it Keeper of the Flame.
Sometimes an opportunity presents itself when least expected. I was looking for Herons when this Squirrel presented itself with a mouthful of grass--the Rare Maryland Turf Squirrel.
This Hippo photo is my second photo to have made it to Number One on Explore. What a thrill. Over 20,000 views and 449 faves of the hippo.
My third photo to make it to Number One on Explore
- f/1.4 2,469 photos, 272 members
- Square Animals 3,058 photos, 305 members
- in explore 178,250 photos, 12,340 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 720 photos, 918 members
- Birding World 17,129 photos, 501 members
- Panorama Experiments 33,646 photos, 3,360 members
- Sony NEX-6 26,017 photos, 1,766 members
- Sony NEX 16-50mm PZ Pancake OSS Lens (SEL-P1650) 2,565 photos, 372 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 896 photos, 1,984 members
- The Monthly Bird Photo Contest 4,070 photos, 160 members
- Maryland Renaissance Festival- RENNFEST! MDRF 1,096 photos, 102 members
- Best Photos of the World (Selected Images) 393 photos, 415 members
- eastern state penitentiary 7,992 photos, 709 members
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum 2,424 photos, 259 members
- Smithsonian: National Air and Space Museums 2,112 photos, 397 members
- 2013 Smithsonian Folklife Festival 2,234 photos, 85 members
- Lobbies 710 photos, 125 members
- Nikon D7100 DSLR 62,625 photos, 3,857 members
- AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR 1,038 photos, 71 members
- The Nikon D7100 Group 64,111 photos, 4,162 members
- Drag Racing photo's 5,875 photos, 258 members
- Nikon D600 60,522 photos, 2,130 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 140,061 photos, 8,164 members
- HDR - COLOUR SELECTION & MACRO Group 12,953 photos, 514 members
- Calvert County Maryland 2,369 photos, 90 members
- Solomons Island Maryland 432 photos, 46 members
- Mercedes-Benz World ( The Mighty ) 52,244 photos, 3,555 members
- Baltimore Artscape 2012 14 photos, 1 member
- Baltimore Rock Opera Society 712 photos, 35 members
- Art Car 4,724 photos, 1,030 members
- HDR Worlds 42,717 photos, 1,164 members
- NIK Filters 21,580 photos, 671 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 165,195 photos, 6,782 members
- Nikon Nature 37,418 photos, 578 members
- HDR Anything 181,722 photos, 7,441 members
- HDR Photo 56,799 photos, 3,800 members
- HDR-Imaging 325,512 photos, 21,399 members
- Church Exteriors 137,750 photos, 9,727 members
- Architecture 1,324,583 photos, 77,589 members
- The German Shepherd Dog 12,390 photos, 1,236 members
- For the Love of German Shepherds 10,576 photos, 778 members
- German Shepherd Dogs 30,590 photos, 3,414 members
- PLANET EARTH WILDLIFE AND NATURE (INVITE ONLY) 34,491 photos, 1,845 members
- Maryland Birders 6,014 photos, 223 members
- Tattoos (&) Piercings 12,457 photos, 2,028 members
- Tattoos 74,470 photos, 21,359 members
- Tattoo Gallery 2009 11,569 photos, 2,747 members
- Vintage Halloween 3,511 photos, 996 members
- Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM 85,161 photos, 2,998 members
- Virgin Mobile FreeFest 2011 6 photos, 1 member
"Words can't accurately describe Micheal's supreme talent with a lens. His images are simply glorious, which is most certainly due to his innate ability to not just capture, but anticipate such wondrous moments. The only thing more amazing than his unarguable prowess with a camera is his generous spirit. Michael was one of my first Flickr friends when I joined the community a few short months ago. He has willingly offered stellar advice and his comments have served to bolster the confidence of a relative novice such as I am. Never short of amazing, his images offer a glimpse into the beautiful world we call nature. His photography is most certainly a find here on Flickr, but no more so than Michael himself."
10th September, 2008
"I am one of the luckiest guys in the world and I have loved photography all of the life. Now that I am retired, I am even luckier because I can work on anything I want to do. Flickr is a new found friend and just by chance I met Michael at lunch with a group of friends in the Lakeside Coffee shop.
To have him live in our town, and to have him as a personal mentor is my reward for doing the work I am doing of bringing a nature park to our community. Thank you Michael for helping me develop even a greater appreciation for the world I am working to create."
7th September, 2008
Shadow Hunter says:
"Need inspiration to push yourself to the highest level of birding photography? Here it is. His Nikon D300 / Nikkor 80-400VR combination yields breathtaking results. You can see the great value of knowing your subject's behavior and habitat through frequent visits to the same location. Taking advantage of the wonderful tones and shadows found during the "Golden Hour" around sunrise and sunset is another big ingredient in his success. This is my ONLY daily stop on Flickr....Wow!
Thanks for sharing, and justifying my N.A.S. (Nikon Acquisition Syndrome ;) )"
12th May, 2008
beluga 7 says:
"What a priviledge to have Ozoni11 on Flickr..His quality of photos is a reference for most of us...Thanks my friend for sharing these awesome picture and do not stop shooting. Sincerely Beluga 7"
29th February, 2008
"I'm stunned by this man's talent. Every one of his photos is excellent, and many are true masterpieces. Plus, he got stoned with Bowie to boot ...that adds a whole bunch of cool-factor points! Way to go Michael!"
13th July, 2007
amazin walter says:
"sat for a long while watching a slide show of your photos... it was hard to tear myself away...."
24th June, 2007
"Ozoni11 is a fantastic friend to have on Flickr - not only shots are fabulous in every way & inspirational. But his enthusiasm and encouragment know no limits!! I am in awe of his photographic & artistic skills and look forward to seeing his new uploads whenever I sign on!!"
18th January, 2007
Bizzy Girl says:
"The Bird Whisperer, Mike has a talent for capturing the most amazing images of the feathered beasts I have seen on Flickr.
I want to take pictures like his one day!"
1st January, 2007
"Ozoni11, you are my favorite photographer on Flickr. Really, number ONE!
I just love your nature photos, all of them are stunning and an inspiration to me. I just hope that one day I could photograph like you do =)"
10th December, 2006
"I'm writing this as I simply cannot comment on each and every photo I've seen so far (I'd be here all week, I love them!) but wanted to note that looking through, I've been awestruck. Totally mesmerised by such stunning work!
I look forward to seeing many more. Excellent!"
20th October, 2006
arny johanns says:
"the beauty of ozoni11´s photos are striking..i love to visit and see his latest..and as i am not a very active commenter..(time doesn´t allow me)..i choose to let him and you know that his photos really bless me..he puts a lot of effort in them and it shows.."
18th April, 2006
"Birds. There is simply no finer photographer of the subject posting to flickr in my mind, Michael is the man for it, his work is breathtaking in its beauty, superb in its art and always a joy to look at and a pleasure to behold.
I am in awe of his skill with the subjects he chooses and jealous at times of the amazing talent I see. If you havent discovered his work yet, you are truly missing out on something special."
30th March, 2006
- Michael Oberman
- November 2005
- Columbia, MD, US
- I am:
- ozoni11 [at] yahoo.com