"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you." Frank Lloyd Wright
My photos are available to be licensed. I also show and sell my work in galleries. Please email me for pricing or other information.
My photos have appeared in Parade Magazine, The London Daily Mirror, numerous newspapers and magazines around the world, on web sites and in galleries and museums.
I welcome the new friendships I have made on this site and hope in the future to meet some of my contacts in person.
Please feel free to email me any time.
I would also like to thank everyone for close to 5 Million views of my individual photos and photostream as of Oct. 2016
My equipment includes:
Nikon TC 14E II Converter
Canon Powershot SX20 IS
AF-S Nikkor 80-400 mm VR lens
Nikkor 105mm f/2.8
Nikkor 24-85 mm lens
Nikkor 18-70 mm lens
Nikkor 50mm f1.8 lens
Sigma 10-20 mm lens
Nikon GPS System
My favorite places to photograph nature include:
Wilde Lake--Columbia, Maryland
Lake Kittamaqundi--Columbia Maryland
Centennial Lake--Ellicott City, Maryland
Brookside Gardens--Wheaton, Maryland
Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens--Washington, DC
Conowingo Dam, Maryland
Great Falls, Maryland
Bombay Hook, Delaware
This Canada Goose In Flight photo was my first to make it to Number One on Explore/Interestingness.
With over 3000 views this is one of me (not by me): Halloween in Silver Spring, MD. My next door neighbors, Becky (the first girl I ever kissed) and her younger sister Jean invited me to trick or treat with them. We just moved into the neighborhood. I still wonder if they were shocked by my dressing like a girl for Halloween. There was no way of telling. They kept their masks on. I haven't dressed like a girl since.
My earlier life was Rock and Roll. Music is and will always be one of the most important things in my life. The photo below was taken on David Bowie's first night (ever) in the United States. I am the one waving in the photo. David was great. He went to dinner with me, my brother and my parents. This photo was taken in my parent's living room in Silver Spring, MD. Later that night he came to my house and spent the evening. Incredible memories for me.
My current path in photography is nature.
Spring is my favorite season. A time of birth and renewal in the animal world. Canada Geese have made Maryland a year round habitat. Their goslings are a constant source of delight.
Another harbinger of Spring is the Cardinal. I was lucky to capture the movement of this one as it left its perch.
An added benefit of being outdoors and photographing nature is that I am able to photograph dogs. None of my dog photos are posed. I will just happen by and, voila, a dog appears, I hope it's friendly and I aim and shoot.
Sometimes nature mingles with manmade objects. I like this shot because of the glint in the eye and the light fixture...I call it Keeper of the Flame.
Sometimes an opportunity presents itself when least expected. I was looking for Herons when this Squirrel presented itself with a mouthful of grass--the Rare Maryland Turf Squirrel.
This Hippo photo is my second photo to have made it to Number One on Explore. What a thrill. Over 20,000 views and 449 faves of the hippo.
My third photo to make it to Number One on Explore
Photos of ozoni11 (1)
- Smart Photo Editor 1,050 photos, 23 members
- Civil War Reenactment Oregon/Washington 228 photos, 18 members
- Civil War reenactments (American Civil War) 17,229 photos, 1,484 members
- Civil War Imagery 14,981 photos, 616 members
- Tallships 42,750 photos, 10,078 members
- Ships and Vessels 212,758 photos, 11,893 members
- Ships of Sail 43,155 photos, 3,294 members
- Classic Sailing's - Tall Ships and Traditional Vessels 26,814 photos, 3,199 members
- 2016 Smithsonian Folklife Festival 557 photos, 52 members
- Nikon D500 Users 4,134 photos, 408 members
- D500 Club 12,834 photos, 942 members
- Outer Banks 14,428 photos, 1,236 members
- The Outer Banks of North Carolina 6,657 photos, 688 members
- OBX 7,041 photos, 575 members
- North Carolina Sunsets/Sunrises 11,546 photos, 816 members
- AC ISLES. 8,510 photos, 792 members
- Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD 18,322 photos, 582 members
- Photoshopped Hot Rods 18,128 photos, 249 members
- Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta 5,678 photos, 659 members
- Ballooning 29,030 photos, 3,400 members
- UclickVframe 16,474 photos, 2,638 members
- Bokeh Photography (1/day) 359,415 photos, 26,285 members
- Gettysburg 17,624 photos, 1,127 members
- Fireworks 97,610 photos, 23,744 members
- Maine 49,631 photos, 2,017 members
- New England 176,127 photos, 3,623 members
- Essence of Maine 43,900 photos, 2,086 members
- Baltimore Artscape 2014 19 photos, 4 members
- f/1.4 18,012 photos, 521 members
- Square Animals 6,079 photos, 448 members
- in explore 710,606 photos, 63,012 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 754 photos, 1,341 members
- Birding World 163,467 photos, 1,483 members
- Panorama Experiments 61,222 photos, 4,926 members
- Sony NEX-6 56,939 photos, 2,385 members
- Sony NEX 16-50mm PZ Pancake OSS Lens (SEL-P1650) 12,161 photos, 1,225 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 1,609 photos, 1,788 members
- The Monthly Bird Photo Contest 21,710 photos, 344 members
- Maryland Renaissance Festival- RENNFEST! MDRF 1,594 photos, 118 members
- Best Photos of the World (Selected Images) 591 photos, 472 members
- eastern state penitentiary 9,174 photos, 748 members
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum 3,240 photos, 372 members
- Smithsonian: National Air and Space Museums 2,729 photos, 530 members
- 2013 Smithsonian Folklife Festival 2,281 photos, 81 members
- Lobbies 751 photos, 133 members
- Nikon D7100 DSLR 400,056 photos, 9,557 members
- AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR 5,553 photos, 284 members
- The Nikon D7100 Group 334,371 photos, 9,654 members
- Drag Racing photo's 11,317 photos, 386 members
- Nikon D600/D610 136,757 photos, 3,155 members
"Words can't accurately describe Micheal's supreme talent with a lens. His images are simply glorious, which is most certainly due to his innate ability to not just capture, but anticipate such wondrous moments. The only thing more amazing than his unarguable prowess with a camera is his generous spirit. Michael was one of my first Flickr friends when I joined the community a few short months ago. He has willingly offered stellar advice and his comments have served to bolster the confidence of a relative novice such as I am. Never short of amazing, his images offer a glimpse into the beautiful world we call nature. His photography is most certainly a find here on Flickr, but no more so than Michael himself."
September 10th, 2008
"I am one of the luckiest guys in the world and I have loved photography all of the life. Now that I am retired, I am even luckier because I can work on anything I want to do. Flickr is a new found friend and just by chance I met Michael at lunch with a group of friends in the Lakeside Coffee shop.
To have him live in our town, and to have him as a personal mentor is my reward for doing the work I am doing of bringing a nature park to our community. Thank you Michael for helping me develop even a greater appreciation for the world I am working to create."
September 7th, 2008
Shadow Hunter says:
"Need inspiration to push yourself to the highest level of birding photography? Here it is. His Nikon D300 / Nikkor 80-400VR combination yields breathtaking results. You can see the great value of knowing your subject's behavior and habitat through frequent visits to the same location. Taking advantage of the wonderful tones and shadows found during the "Golden Hour" around sunrise and sunset is another big ingredient in his success. This is my ONLY daily stop on Flickr....Wow!
Thanks for sharing, and justifying my N.A.S. (Nikon Acquisition Syndrome ;) )"
May 12th, 2008
beluga 7 says:
"What a priviledge to have Ozoni11 on Flickr..His quality of photos is a reference for most of us...Thanks my friend for sharing these awesome picture and do not stop shooting. Sincerely Beluga 7"
February 29th, 2008
"I'm stunned by this man's talent. Every one of his photos is excellent, and many are true masterpieces. Plus, he got stoned with Bowie to boot ...that adds a whole bunch of cool-factor points! Way to go Michael!"
July 13th, 2007
amazin walter says:
"sat for a long while watching a slide show of your photos... it was hard to tear myself away...."
June 24th, 2007
Mia Lewis Images says:
"Ozoni11 is a fantastic friend to have on Flickr - not only shots are fabulous in every way & inspirational. But his enthusiasm and encouragment know no limits!! I am in awe of his photographic & artistic skills and look forward to seeing his new uploads whenever I sign on!!"
January 18th, 2007
Bizzy Girl says:
"The Bird Whisperer, Mike has a talent for capturing the most amazing images of the feathered beasts I have seen on Flickr.
I want to take pictures like his one day!"
January 1st, 2007
"Ozoni11, you are my favorite photographer on Flickr. Really, number ONE!
I just love your nature photos, all of them are stunning and an inspiration to me. I just hope that one day I could photograph like you do =)"
December 10th, 2006
"I'm writing this as I simply cannot comment on each and every photo I've seen so far (I'd be here all week, I love them!) but wanted to note that looking through, I've been awestruck. Totally mesmerised by such stunning work!
I look forward to seeing many more. Excellent!"
October 20th, 2006
arny johanns says:
"the beauty of ozoni11´s photos are striking..i love to visit and see his latest..and as i am not a very active commenter..(time doesn´t allow me)..i choose to let him and you know that his photos really bless me..he puts a lot of effort in them and it shows.."
April 18th, 2006
"Birds. There is simply no finer photographer of the subject posting to flickr in my mind, Michael is the man for it, his work is breathtaking in its beauty, superb in its art and always a joy to look at and a pleasure to behold.
I am in awe of his skill with the subjects he chooses and jealous at times of the amazing talent I see. If you havent discovered his work yet, you are truly missing out on something special."
March 30th, 2006
- Michael Oberman
- November 2005
- Columbia, MD, US
- I am:
- ozoni11 [at] yahoo.com