One constructive comment is worth 1000 faves
Please click on "read more" for information on using my photos.
Quick links to travel reportages (press trips) as slideshows:
Balikesir region, Turkey
Nyons, Valence and region, Drôme, France
Toulouse and area, Midi-Pyrénées, France
Umea, Lapland, Sweden
Groups: I have developed an allergy to blinky-flashies, and would ask you not to paste them in comments on my photos (and I will reciprocate). Please note that I do not respond to attempts at self-promotion and will delete them.
Followers: I always look at your profiles and streams and will follow you too, unless your stream is full of overwrought hdr, heavy vignetting or body parts you wouldn't normally show your grandmother. Or lots of close-ups of spiders.
Bloggers:I'm always pleased and flattered to discover my photos used on blogs and websites. I'd be even more pleased if the people who used them asked my permission first! If I discover one of my pics on a blog I will add a tag:"blogged by xxxx"
Purchase The photos in my flickr stream are in low resolution and not suitable for printing. If you want to buy a high-res photo please send me a private message with all details of publication. I require full credit. My photos can also be purchased through Getty Images.
On bookcrossing I am hyphenated: over-the-moon; on LibraryThing and Ravelry, overthemoon. I don't mind if people shorten it to OTM (or otm).
my bookcrossing shelf
I am now also on instagram under the name "downweaselway" which is a rough translation of the street I look down upon from the window next to my computer. In principle, I only post photos of my local surroundings there.
"The ultimate source of pleasure derivable from all art is that it brings you into communication with the artist. What you really love in the picture or the poem is the painter or the poet whom it brings into sympathy with you across the gulf of time. He tells you what are the thoughts which some fragment of natural scenery, or some incident of human life, excited in a mind greatly wise and more perceptive than your own." Leslie Stephen, "Sir Walter Scott" (1874).
I think this applies also to photography, and goes to explain why I feel such affinity with and affection for all my flickr friends. Through your pictures and comments you give me a glimpse of your soul.
Barbara Ender Jones | Create your badge
My Library at LibraryThing
- any reflections in water glass,chrom etc 10,937 photos, 536 members
- Paréidolie 359 photos, 33 members
- A. LOST WORLD 67,934 photos, 5,448 members
- BookCrossing Anniversary Convention Oslo 21.-23. April 2017 437 photos, 33 members
- Flickr Worldwide Photowalks 23,823 photos, 5,012 members
- Fabulous Flowers (CONTEST: PLEASE VOTE NOW) 192,474 photos, 19,136 members
- MACRO MONDAYS 151,582 photos, 13,497 members
- Freelensing 10,002 photos, 3,578 members
- Meringues, Macarons, and Whipped Cream 24,341 photos, 1,206 members
- Oxford 53,482 photos, 3,583 members
- Art Grown in Nature 190,158 photos, 5,713 members
- Les murs de Lausanne 533 photos, 35 members
- Not the Guardian Camera Club 2,173 photos, 46 members
- Project Weather 631,471 photos, 93,926 members
- Writing Machines 7,813 photos, 10,582 members
- old doors and old windows ... 15,109 photos, 554 members
- Cleveland Camera club 67,444 photos, 910 members
- ! My Switzerland 44,532 photos, 1,043 members
- Butterfly Color 129,207 photos, 8,339 members
- Visiter la France 42,165 photos, 937 members
- Belles villes et beaux villages 53,628 photos, 1,432 members
- Lac Leman 16,247 photos, 767 members
- Lines&Curves - P1:C1 - no nature, no humans! 211,012 photos, 15,543 members
- flickr@lausanne 34,447 photos, 753 members
- squared circle 188,703 photos, 12,856 members
- Rus, ruisseaux et rivières 57,350 photos, 2,183 members
- !* Lines 彡Curves & Shadows - No People, Flowers or landscapes 90,347 photos, 4,949 members
- FlickrCentral 9,308,023 photos, 276,666 members
- * F l o r / Admin Invite 7,482 photos, 292 members
- 500x500 310,562 photos, 7,594 members
- Typography and Lettering 182,874 photos, 29,582 members
- "Croque NATURE" 499,560 photos, 6,275 members
- Photographie et Francophonie 127,906 photos, 1,291 members
- Contemporary Stained Glass Windows 13,041 photos, 467 members
- !The Old Port / Admin Invite 19,900 photos, 1,338 members
- Utata 463,765 photos, 28,327 members
- The Rear Window - Focus on Windows 12,144 photos, 835 members
- B Square 348,114 photos, 10,071 members
- Buoyant - Buoy Images 32,469 photos, 3,299 members
- I Love Black and White! 2,143,007 photos, 69,948 members
- Lausanne 13,753 photos, 977 members
- Passion des livres 6,698 photos, 795 members
- Flickr Elite Group 692,513 photos, 14,756 members
- Romandie 50,503 photos, 1,137 members
- Le Flon (Lausanne) 802 photos, 102 members
- Your books 86,229 photos, 14,158 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Minimalism *OPEN* 4,523,972 photos, 121,732 members
- Switzerland 313,472 photos, 11,872 members
- My Books 29,371 photos, 3,198 members
- Bookcrossing 4,477 photos, 419 members
- bestshots2015 45 photos
- people reading 12 photos
- Texture creations 13 photos
- magic roundabout 11 photos
- frosty trees 15 photos
- Roseberry Topping 9 photos
- love at first sight, 5 13 photos
- love at first sight, 4 17 photos
- even more love at first sight 11 photos
- more love at first sight 14 photos
- love at first sight 13 photos
Today I realized that such a long time has gone by and that I never wrote a Testimonial to you. I wondered why, because it has always been such a great pleasure to see your beautiful world which you share with us, through your lovely and story-telling images. I missed it somehow, but it is never too late and today I am here, to let you know that it has been great to have you around and that I enjoy your way of seeing things, picturing them in a very special way.
So much of you is shown in your beautiful work and I really like what I see.
Thank you for every word...all along...
Your brazilian flickrfriend,
October 4th, 2014
"I have a great respect for a friend on Flickr. She is a great friend, a real lady. This one is Barbara, who surprises me each new day with interesting works about cities, people and the things of the everyday life. Barbara is a travel editor and her comments are rich, respectful and clever. She is an intelligent woman, has a great eye for unusual images, she's a sweet person. She brings her hometown for us, she brings bright into our days, takes us to her office, tells us about her work. She shows the life and beauty of her country. When she travels, she shares her discoveries.
Barbara is an excellent photographer and a very good person.
My love for you, Barbara.
March 6th, 2012
"I am amazed time and time again by Barb's fantastic eye for photo's. She has a wide array of interesting subjects that are all executed very well. What a pleasure it has been to share in your photostream. I enjoy all of your posts!
February 18th, 2007
"Exquisite photos! Wonderful color, compostion and use of lighting! I've only just started exploring your pages, but will be back many times to drink it all in. Bravo!"
July 12th, 2006
- January 2006
- I am:
- freelance photographer, translator, editor, typesetter, publisher