One constructive comment is worth 1000 faves
Please click on "read more" for information on using my photos.
Quick links to travel reportages (press trips) as slideshows:
Balikesir region, Turkey
Nyons, Valence and region, Drôme, France
Toulouse and area, Midi-Pyrénées, France
Umea, Lapland, Sweden
St-Martin de Belleville, France
Frames: Most of the images in my stream now have white frames, because I don't like the way flickr squashes them all together. Everything I post is a low-res version.
Groups: I have developed an allergy to blinky-flashies, and would ask you not to paste them in comments on my photos (and I will reciprocate). Please note that I do not respond to attempts at self-promotion and will delete them.
Followers: I always look at your profiles and streams and will follow you too, unless your stream is full of overwrought hdr, heavy vignetting or body parts you wouldn't normally show your grandmother. Or lots of close-ups of spiders.
Bloggers: I'm always pleased and flattered to discover my photos used on blogs and websites. I'd be even more pleased if the people who used them asked my permission first! If I discover one of my pics on a blog I will add a tag:"blogged by xxxx"
Purchase: The photos in my flickr stream are in low resolution and not suitable for printing. If you want to buy a high-res photo please send me a private message with all details of publication. I require full credit. My photos can also be purchased through Getty Images.
On bookcrossing I am hyphenated: over-the-moon; on LibraryThing and Ravelry, overthemoon. I don't mind if people shorten it to OTM (or otm).
my bookcrossing shelf
I am now also on instagram under the name "downweaselway" which is a rough translation of the street I look down upon from the window next to my computer. In principle, I only post photos of my local surroundings there.
"The ultimate source of pleasure derivable from all art is that it brings you into communication with the artist. What you really love in the picture or the poem is the painter or the poet whom it brings into sympathy with you across the gulf of time. He tells you what are the thoughts which some fragment of natural scenery, or some incident of human life, excited in a mind greatly wise and more perceptive than your own." Leslie Stephen, "Sir Walter Scott" (1874).
I think this applies also to photography, and goes to explain why I feel such affinity with and affection for all my flickr friends. Through your pictures and comments you give me a glimpse of your soul.
Barbara Ender Jones | Create your badge
My Library at LibraryThing
- Origami for the People 1,101 photos, 219 members
- Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 141 photos, 23 members
- any reflections in water glass,chrom etc 12,206 photos, 558 members
- Paréidolie 422 photos, 36 members
- A. LOST WORLD 73,804 photos, 5,754 members
- BookCrossing Anniversary Convention Oslo 21.-23. April 2017 436 photos, 34 members
- Flickr Worldwide Photowalks 23,751 photos, 5,130 members
- * 🌷Fabulous Flowers (CONTEST: DAFFODILS) 198,450 photos, 19,218 members
- MACRO MONDAYS 167,848 photos, 14,029 members
- Freelensing 10,022 photos, 3,566 members
- Meringues, Macarons, Frosting, and Whipped Cream 26,748 photos, 1,323 members
- Oxford 54,883 photos, 3,616 members
- Art Grown in Nature 205,609 photos, 5,795 members
- Les murs de Lausanne 557 photos, 36 members
- Not the Guardian Camera Club 2,389 photos, 45 members
- Project Weather 627,286 photos, 93,227 members
- Writing Machines 8,447 photos, 10,672 members
- old doors and old windows ... 16,716 photos, 581 members
- Cleveland Camera club 68,388 photos, 910 members
- ! My Switzerland 49,384 photos, 1,111 members
- Butterfly Color (New Contest is ON) 137,084 photos, 8,334 members
- Visitez la France 😄 47,585 photos, 961 members
- Belles villes et beaux villages 58,581 photos, 1,471 members
- Lac Leman 17,118 photos, 773 members
- Lines&Curves - P1:C1 - no nature, no humans! 215,961 photos, 15,613 members
- flickr@lausanne 35,232 photos, 746 members
- squared circle 192,249 photos, 12,921 members
- Rus, ruisseaux et rivières 61,142 photos, 2,230 members
- !* Lines 彡Curves & Shadows - No People, Flowers or landscapes 93,947 photos, 5,034 members
- FlickrCentral 9,282,730 photos, 280,040 members
- * F l o r / Admin Invite 7,481 photos, 289 members
- 500x500 310,334 photos, 7,537 members
- Typography and Lettering 185,471 photos, 29,603 members
- "Croque NATURE" 529,743 photos, 6,480 members
- Photographie et Francophonie 133,174 photos, 1,304 members
- Contemporary Stained Glass Windows 13,475 photos, 473 members
- !The Old Port / Admin Invite 19,866 photos, 1,336 members
- Utata 466,629 photos, 28,495 members
- The Rear Window - Focus on Windows 12,449 photos, 834 members
- B Square 341,205 photos, 10,043 members
- Buoyant - Buoy Images 32,622 photos, 3,284 members
- I Love Black and White! 2,242,817 photos, 71,318 members
- Lausanne 14,352 photos, 987 members
- Passion des livres 6,747 photos, 787 members
- Flickr Elite Group 721,423 photos, 14,860 members
- Romandie 54,538 photos, 1,150 members
- Le Flon (Lausanne) 819 photos, 106 members
- Your books 87,135 photos, 14,073 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Portraits *OPEN* 4,584,812 photos, 122,335 members
- Switzerland 317,098 photos, 12,052 members
- bestshots2015 45 photos
- people reading 12 photos
- Texture creations 13 photos
- magic roundabout 11 photos
- frosty trees 15 photos
- Roseberry Topping 9 photos
- love at first sight, 5 13 photos
- love at first sight, 4 16 photos
- even more love at first sight 11 photos
- more love at first sight 14 photos
- love at first sight 13 photos
Today I realized that such a long time has gone by and that I never wrote a Testimonial to you. I wondered why, because it has always been such a great pleasure to see your beautiful world which you share with us, through your lovely and story-telling images. I missed it somehow, but it is never too late and today I am here, to let you know that it has been great to have you around and that I enjoy your way of seeing things, picturing them in a very special way.
So much of you is shown in your beautiful work and I really like what I see.
Thank you for every word...all along...
Your brazilian flickrfriend,
October 4th, 2014
"I have a great respect for a friend on Flickr. She is a great friend, a real lady. This one is Barbara, who surprises me each new day with interesting works about cities, people and the things of the everyday life. Barbara is a travel editor and her comments are rich, respectful and clever. She is an intelligent woman, has a great eye for unusual images, she's a sweet person. She brings her hometown for us, she brings bright into our days, takes us to her office, tells us about her work. She shows the life and beauty of her country. When she travels, she shares her discoveries.
Barbara is an excellent photographer and a very good person.
My love for you, Barbara.
March 6th, 2012
finicky current says:
"I am amazed time and time again by Barb's fantastic eye for photo's. She has a wide array of interesting subjects that are all executed very well. What a pleasure it has been to share in your photostream. I enjoy all of your posts!
February 18th, 2007
"Exquisite photos! Wonderful color, compostion and use of lighting! I've only just started exploring your pages, but will be back many times to drink it all in. Bravo!"
July 12th, 2006
- January 2006
- I am:
- freelance photographer, translator, editor, typesetter, publisher