Quick links to travel reportages (press trips) as slideshows:
Balikesir region, Turkey
Nyons, Valence and region, Drôme, France
Toulouse and area, Midi-Pyrénées, France
Umea, Lapland, Sweden
Groups: I have developed an allergy to blinky-flashies, and would ask you not to paste them in comments on my photos (and I will reciprocate). Please note that I do not respond to attempts at self-promotion and will delete them.
Followers: I always look at your profiles and streams and will follow you too, unless your stream is full of overwrought hdr, heavy vignetting or body parts you wouldn't normally show your grandmother.
I'm always pleased and flattered to discover my photos used on blogs and websites. I'd be even more pleased if the people who used them asked my permission first! If I discover one of my pics on a blog I will add a tag:"blogged by xxxx"
If you want to use one of my photos commercially, please follow the getty images link.
On bookcrossing I am hyphenated: over-the-moon; on LibraryThing and Ravelry, overthemoon. I don't mind if people shorten it to OTM (or otm).
my bookcrossing shelf
"The ultimate source of pleasure derivable from all art is that it brings you into communication with the artist. What you really love in the picture or the poem is the painter or the poet whom it brings into sympathy with you across the gulf of time. He tells you what are the thoughts which some fragment of natural scenery, or some incident of human life, excited in a mind greatly wise and more perceptive than your own." Leslie Stephen, "Sir Walter Scott" (1874).
I think this applies also to photography, and goes to explain why I feel such affinity with and affection for all my flickr friends. Through your pictures and comments you give me a glimpse of your soul.
Barbara Ender Jones | Create your badge
My Library at LibraryThing
- BookCrossing Anniversary Convention Oslo 21.-23. April 2017 82 photos, 23 members
- Flickr Worldwide Photowalks - Macro 22,765 photos, 4,175 members
- Fabulous Flowers (CONTEST: CONVOLVULACEAE) 181,184 photos, 18,842 members
- MACRO MONDAYS 100,966 photos, 9,465 members
- Freelensing 10,006 photos, 3,509 members
- Patterns As We See Them 6,671 photos, 640 members
- Coloured Doors 374 photos, 115 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,216 photos, 43,768 members
- Fall Images 3,225 photos, 164 members
- Vertigineuses contre-plongées 1,260 photos, 58 members
- The LT Literary Lens 19 photos, 3 members
- Seeds 11,341 photos, 1,839 members
- Seed heads / seed pods / berries 4,341 photos, 448 members
- Meringues, Macarons, and Whipped Cream 18,310 photos, 842 members
- Chapeau! (invited only) 42,191 photos, 3,550 members
- Turkey / Türkiye 134,690 photos, 7,027 members
- People reading (Comment 1) 6,238 photos, 1,444 members
- Oxford 50,871 photos, 3,469 members
- Uñas de felinos 15,054 photos, 1,012 members
- Cats and cat families 10,907 photos, 367 members
- Art Grown in Nature 150,425 photos, 5,207 members
- Les murs de Lausanne 473 photos, 34 members
- ☞ Manicule 1,772 photos, 366 members
- Through a Glass Darkly 2 1,031 photos, 60 members
- BookCrossing World Convention 2015 1,104 photos, 39 members
- Not the Guardian Camera Club 1,589 photos, 48 members
- Project Weather 641,789 photos, 94,033 members
- Writing Machines 5,433 photos, 10,067 members
- Only colors - Que de couleurs !! 6,052 photos, 351 members
- *Flowers On Black or White* 1,231 photos, 232 members
- old doors and old windows ... 11,412 photos, 463 members
- Cleveland Camera club 63,452 photos, 887 members
- ! My Switzerland 32,122 photos, 834 members
- Tout ce qui touche à la montagne 33,615 photos, 1,505 members
- Butterfly Color (10 years) 113,878 photos, 8,048 members
- Canon EOS Rebel T3 / 1100D 150,234 photos, 5,421 members
- Visiter la France 30,405 photos, 759 members
- Belles villes et beaux villages 40,582 photos, 1,262 members
- Lac Leman 13,766 photos, 711 members
- Lines&Curves - P1:C1 - no nature, no humans! 197,559 photos, 15,090 members
- British Photographers 408,196 photos, 4,805 members
- Shutter Sisters 455,999 photos, 12,870 members
- Lausanne sous un autre angle/Lausanne from another point of view 2,500 photos, 175 members
- La Tour Galfetti - Lausanne 73 photos, 15 members
- Mortal Muses - Everyday Beauty 65,315 photos, 1,481 members
- flickr@lausanne 33,308 photos, 727 members
- squared circle 176,569 photos, 12,582 members
- Rus, ruisseaux et rivières 49,378 photos, 1,993 members
- Lines 彡Curves & Shadows - No People, Flowers or Landscapes.P1- 82,242 photos, 4,597 members
- Two by Two... 27,332 photos, 1,394 members
Today I realized that such a long time has gone by and that I never wrote a Testimonial to you. I wondered why, because it has always been such a great pleasure to see your beautiful world which you share with us, through your lovely and story-telling images. I missed it somehow, but it is never too late and today I am here, to let you know that it has been great to have you around and that I enjoy your way of seeing things, picturing them in a very special way.
So much of you is shown in your beautiful work and I really like what I see.
Thank you for every word...all along...
Your brazilian flickrfriend,
October 4th, 2014
"I have a great respect for a friend on Flickr. She is a great friend, a real lady. This one is Barbara, who surprises me each new day with interesting works about cities, people and the things of the everyday life. Barbara is a travel editor and her comments are rich, respectful and clever. She is an intelligent woman, has a great eye for unusual images, she's a sweet person. She brings her hometown for us, she brings bright into our days, takes us to her office, tells us about her work. She shows the life and beauty of her country. When she travels, she shares her discoveries.
Barbara is an excellent photographer and a very good person.
My love for you, Barbara.
March 6th, 2012
"I am amazed time and time again by Barb's fantastic eye for photo's. She has a wide array of interesting subjects that are all executed very well. What a pleasure it has been to share in your photostream. I enjoy all of your posts!
February 18th, 2007
"Exquisite photos! Wonderful color, compostion and use of lighting! I've only just started exploring your pages, but will be back many times to drink it all in. Bravo!"
July 12th, 2006
- January 2006
- I am:
- freelance photographer, translator, editor, typesetter, publisher