Profile pic is a drawing by Quentin Blake on my tea mug so I will say it is My Mug.
Quick links to travel reportages (press trips) as slideshows:
Balikesir region, Turkey
Nyons, Valence and region, Drôme, France
Toulouse and area, Midi-Pyrénées, France
Umea, Lapland, Sweden
Groups: I have developed an allergy to blinky-flashies, and would ask you not to paste them in comments on my photos (and I will reciprocate). Please note that I do not respond to attempts at self-promotion and will delete them.
Followers: I always look at your profiles and streams and will follow you too, unless your stream is full of overwrought hdr, heavy vignetting or body parts you wouldn't normally show your grandmother.
I'm always pleased and flattered to discover my photos used on blogs and websites. I'd be even more pleased if the people who used them asked my permission first! If I discover one of my pics on a blog I will add a tag:"blogged by xxxx"
If you want to use one of my photos commercially, please follow the getty images link.
On bookcrossing I am hyphenated: over-the-moon; on LibraryThing and Ravelry, overthemoon. I don't mind if people shorten it to OTM (or otm).
my bookcrossing shelf
"The ultimate source of pleasure derivable from all art is that it brings you into communication with the artist. What you really love in the picture or the poem is the painter or the poet whom it brings into sympathy with you across the gulf of time. He tells you what are the thoughts which some fragment of natural scenery, or some incident of human life, excited in a mind greatly wise and more perceptive than your own." Leslie Stephen, "Sir Walter Scott" (1874).
I think this applies also to photography, and goes to explain why I feel such affinity with and affection for all my flickr friends. Through your pictures and comments you give me a glimpse of your soul.
Barbara Ender Jones | Create your badge
My Library at LibraryThing
- Fall Images 655 photos, 136 members
- Vertigineuses contre-plongées 366 photos, 42 members
- The LT Literary Lens 16 photos, 3 members
- Seeds 10,766 photos, 1,782 members
- Seed heads / seed pods / berries 3,739 photos, 401 members
- Meringues, Macarons, and Whipped Cream 10,974 photos, 486 members
- Chapeau! (invited only) 42,986 photos, 3,579 members
- Turkey / Türkiye 122,962 photos, 6,651 members
- People reading (Comment 1) 6,069 photos, 1,415 members
- Oxford 47,628 photos, 3,350 members
- Uñas de felinos 11,913 photos, 882 members
- Cats and cat families 7,743 photos, 297 members
- Art Grown in Nature (Thanks for 100k!) 98,083 photos, 4,176 members
- Les murs de Lausanne 435 photos, 32 members
- ☞ Manicule 1,710 photos, 356 members
- Through a Glass Darkly 2 806 photos, 57 members
- BookCrossing World Convention 2015 1,103 photos, 36 members
- Not the Guardian Camera Club 1,152 photos, 46 members
- Project Weather 634,875 photos, 90,736 members
- Writing Machines 5,285 photos, 9,077 members
- Only colors - Que de couleurs !! 3,884 photos, 268 members
- *Flowers On Black or White* 965 photos, 223 members
- old doors and old windows ... 7,505 photos, 358 members
- Cleveland Camera club 59,635 photos, 855 members
- ! My Switzerland 21,118 photos, 641 members
- Tout ce qui touche à la montagne 24,591 photos, 1,315 members
- Butterfly Color (ID Help) 102,896 photos, 7,792 members
- Canon EOS Rebel T3 / 1100D 135,129 photos, 5,310 members
- Visiter la France 20,234 photos, 593 members
- Belles villes et beaux villages 28,035 photos, 1,078 members
- Lac Leman 12,361 photos, 663 members
- Lines&Curves - P1:C1 - no nature, no humans! 184,475 photos, 14,521 members
- British Photographers 332,182 photos, 4,385 members
- Shutter Sisters 439,432 photos, 12,808 members
- Lausanne sous un autre angle/Lausanne from another point of view 2,007 photos, 152 members
- La Tour Galfetti - Lausanne 65 photos, 13 members
- Mortal Muses - Everyday Beauty 65,584 photos, 1,489 members
- flickr@lausanne 31,246 photos, 690 members
- squared circle 164,763 photos, 11,773 members
- Rus, ruisseaux et rivières 43,076 photos, 1,814 members
- Lines 彡Curves & Shadows - No People, Flowers or Landscapes.P1- 71,371 photos, 4,305 members
- Two by Two... 22,507 photos, 1,155 members
- MIDDLE AGES IN EUROPE (Post1 Award2) 43,686 photos, 2,300 members
- FlickrCentral 9,459,486 photos, 246,192 members
- *G a l e r i a 8,719 photos, 405 members
- * F l o r / Admin Invite 7,483 photos, 294 members
- 500x500 308,669 photos, 7,550 members
- Typography and Lettering 168,944 photos, 27,252 members
- Folio Society 213 photos, 55 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 124,611 photos, 27,641 members
Today I realized that such a long time has gone by and that I never wrote a Testimonial to you. I wondered why, because it has always been such a great pleasure to see your beautiful world which you share with us, through your lovely and story-telling images. I missed it somehow, but it is never too late and today I am here, to let you know that it has been great to have you around and that I enjoy your way of seeing things, picturing them in a very special way.
So much of you is shown in your beautiful work and I really like what I see.
Thank you for every word...all along...
Your brazilian flickrfriend,
October 4th, 2014
"I have a great respect for a friend on Flickr. She is a great friend, a real lady. This one is Barbara, who surprises me each new day with interesting works about cities, people and the things of the everyday life. Barbara is a travel editor and her comments are rich, respectful and clever. She is an intelligent woman, has a great eye for unusual images, she's a sweet person. She brings her hometown for us, she brings bright into our days, takes us to her office, tells us about her work. She shows the life and beauty of her country. When she travels, she shares her discoveries.
Barbara is an excellent photographer and a very good person.
My love for you, Barbara.
March 6th, 2012
"I am amazed time and time again by Barb's fantastic eye for photo's. She has a wide array of interesting subjects that are all executed very well. What a pleasure it has been to share in your photostream. I enjoy all of your posts!
February 18th, 2007
"Exquisite photos! Wonderful color, compostion and use of lighting! I've only just started exploring your pages, but will be back many times to drink it all in. Bravo!"
July 12th, 2006
- January 2006
- I am:
- Female and Open
- freelance photographer, translator, editor, typesetter, publisher