Profile pic is a drawing by Quentin Blake on my tea mug so I will say it is My Mug.
Quick links to travel reportages (press trips) as slideshows:
Balikesir region, Turkey
Nyons, Valence and region, Drôme, France
Toulouse and area, Midi-Pyrénées, France
Umea, Lapland, Sweden
Groups: I have developed an allergy to blinky-flashies, and would ask you not to paste them in comments on my photos (and I will reciprocate). Please note that I do not respond to attempts at self-promotion and will delete them.
Followers: I always look at your profiles and streams and will follow you too, unless your stream is full of overwrought hdr, heavy vignetting or body parts you wouldn't normally show your grandmother.
I'm always pleased and flattered to discover my photos used on blogs and websites. I'd be even more pleased if the people who used them asked my permission first! If I discover one of my pics on a blog I will add a tag:"blogged by xxxx"
If you want to use one of my photos commercially, please follow the getty images link.
On bookcrossing I am hyphenated: over-the-moon; on LibraryThing and Ravelry, overthemoon. I don't mind if people shorten it to OTM (or otm).
my bookcrossing shelf
"The ultimate source of pleasure derivable from all art is that it brings you into communication with the artist. What you really love in the picture or the poem is the painter or the poet whom it brings into sympathy with you across the gulf of time. He tells you what are the thoughts which some fragment of natural scenery, or some incident of human life, excited in a mind greatly wise and more perceptive than your own." Leslie Stephen, "Sir Walter Scott" (1874).
I think this applies also to photography, and goes to explain why I feel such affinity with and affection for all my flickr friends. Through your pictures and comments you give me a glimpse of your soul.
Barbara Ender Jones | Create your badge
My Library at LibraryThing
- The LT Literary Lens 15 photos, 3 members
- Seeds 10,657 photos, 1,769 members
- Seed heads / seed pods / berries 3,612 photos, 393 members
- Meringues and Whipped Cream 9,904 photos, 427 members
- Chapeau! (invited only) 43,008 photos, 3,581 members
- Turkey / Türkiye 121,087 photos, 6,569 members
- People reading (Comment 1) 6,052 photos, 1,405 members
- Oxford 48,182 photos, 3,335 members
- Uñas de felinos 11,603 photos, 866 members
- Knips Photography 4,468 photos, 208 members
- Cats and cat families 7,470 photos, 294 members
- The Art of Camera Technique 8,708 photos, 493 members
- Art Grown in Nature 89,185 photos, 3,974 members
- ♥♥ Les FABULEUSES ♥♥ (Adm. Inv.) 3,832 photos, 148 members
- Classic & Antique Cars 4,078 photos, 210 members
- Les murs de Lausanne 430 photos, 32 members
- ☞ Manicule 1,698 photos, 356 members
- Through a Glass Darkly 2 794 photos, 58 members
- BookCrossing World Convention 2015 1,103 photos, 35 members
- Not the Guardian Camera Club 1,094 photos, 45 members
- Project Weather 620,439 photos, 88,693 members
- Canon C1100D 952 photos, 87 members
- Writing Machines 5,285 photos, 8,869 members
- Neo-Nostalgia 7,595 photos, 182 members
- Only colors - Que de couleurs !! 3,619 photos, 257 members
- AtoutPixL*** 28,881 photos, 211 members
- *Flowers On Black or White* 938 photos, 223 members
- old doors and old windows ... 6,969 photos, 343 members
- Cleveland Camera club 59,280 photos, 853 members
- ! My Switzerland 19,773 photos, 609 members
- 100 Bicycles 2,606 photos, 595 members
- Tout ce qui touche à la montagne 23,129 photos, 1,298 members
- Butterfly Color (ID Help) 101,583 photos, 7,766 members
- Canon EOS Rebel T3 / 1100D 132,784 photos, 5,290 members
- Visiter la France 18,934 photos, 565 members
- Belles villes et beaux villages 26,515 photos, 1,046 members
- Lac Leman 12,079 photos, 659 members
- Photos of the year: 52 weeks 5,712 photos, 841 members
- Lines&Curves - P1:C1 - no nature, no humans! 182,309 photos, 14,423 members
- British Photographers 321,260 photos, 4,294 members
- Letterpress forme 1,487 photos, 295 members
- Shutter Sisters 435,401 photos, 12,774 members
- Lausanne sous un autre angle/Lausanne from another point of view 1,920 photos, 152 members
- La Tour Galfetti - Lausanne 65 photos, 13 members
- Mortal Muses - Everyday Beauty 65,227 photos, 1,490 members
- flickr@lausanne 30,876 photos, 684 members
- squared circle 163,392 photos, 11,605 members
- Rus, ruisseaux et rivières 42,030 photos, 1,784 members
- Lines 彡Curves & Shadows - No People, Flowers or Landscapes.P1- 69,498 photos, 4,265 members
- Two by Two... 21,199 photos, 1,024 members
Today I realized that such a long time has gone by and that I never wrote a Testimonial to you. I wondered why, because it has always been such a great pleasure to see your beautiful world which you share with us, through your lovely and story-telling images. I missed it somehow, but it is never too late and today I am here, to let you know that it has been great to have you around and that I enjoy your way of seeing things, picturing them in a very special way.
So much of you is shown in your beautiful work and I really like what I see.
Thank you for every word...all along...
Your brazilian flickrfriend,
October 4th, 2014
"I have a great respect for a friend on Flickr. She is a great friend, a real lady. This one is Barbara, who surprises me each new day with interesting works about cities, people and the things of the everyday life. Barbara is a travel editor and her comments are rich, respectful and clever. She is an intelligent woman, has a great eye for unusual images, she's a sweet person. She brings her hometown for us, she brings bright into our days, takes us to her office, tells us about her work. She shows the life and beauty of her country. When she travels, she shares her discoveries.
Barbara is an excellent photographer and a very good person.
My love for you, Barbara.
March 6th, 2012
"I am amazed time and time again by Barb's fantastic eye for photo's. She has a wide array of interesting subjects that are all executed very well. What a pleasure it has been to share in your photostream. I enjoy all of your posts!
February 18th, 2007
"Exquisite photos! Wonderful color, compostion and use of lighting! I've only just started exploring your pages, but will be back many times to drink it all in. Bravo!"
July 12th, 2006
- January 2006
- I am:
- Female and Open
- freelance photographer, translator, editor, typesetter, publisher