Profile pic is a drawing by Quentin Blake on my tea mug so I will say it is My Mug.
Quick links to travel reportages (press trips) as slideshows:
Balikesir region, Turkey
Nyons, Valence and region, Drôme, France
Toulouse and area, Midi-Pyrénées, France
Umea, Lapland, Sweden
Groups: I have developed an allergy to blinky-flashies, and would ask you not to paste them in comments on my photos (and I will reciprocate). Please note that I do not respond to attempts at self-promotion and will delete them.
Followers: I always look at your profiles and streams and will follow you too, unless your stream is full of overwrought hdr, heavy vignetting or body parts you wouldn't normally show your grandmother.
I'm always pleased and flattered to discover my photos used on blogs and websites. I'd be even more pleased if the people who used them asked my permission first! If I discover one of my pics on a blog I will add a tag:"blogged by xxxx"
If you want to use one of my photos commercially, please follow the getty images link.
On bookcrossing I am hyphenated: over-the-moon; on LibraryThing and Ravelry, overthemoon. I don't mind if people shorten it to OTM (or otm).
my bookcrossing shelf
"The ultimate source of pleasure derivable from all art is that it brings you into communication with the artist. What you really love in the picture or the poem is the painter or the poet whom it brings into sympathy with you across the gulf of time. He tells you what are the thoughts which some fragment of natural scenery, or some incident of human life, excited in a mind greatly wise and more perceptive than your own." Leslie Stephen, "Sir Walter Scott" (1874).
I think this applies also to photography, and goes to explain why I feel such affinity with and affection for all my flickr friends. Through your pictures and comments you give me a glimpse of your soul.
Barbara Ender Jones | Create your badge
My Library at LibraryThing
- BookCrossing Anniversary Convention Oslo 21.-23. April 2017 78 photos, 19 members
- Flickr Worldwide Photowalks - Macro 21,305 photos, 4,117 members
- Fabulous Flowers (CONTEST = PLEASE VOTE NOW) 180,403 photos, 18,811 members
- MACRO MONDAYS 97,710 photos, 9,091 members
- Freelensing 9,993 photos, 3,496 members
- Patterns As We See Them 6,347 photos, 586 members
- Coloured Doors 335 photos, 114 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,311 photos, 43,927 members
- Fall Images 2,959 photos, 165 members
- Vertigineuses contre-plongées 1,195 photos, 58 members
- The LT Literary Lens 19 photos, 3 members
- Seeds 11,215 photos, 1,835 members
- Seed heads / seed pods / berries 4,276 photos, 441 members
- Meringues, Macarons, and Whipped Cream 17,741 photos, 802 members
- Chapeau! (invited only) 42,571 photos, 3,555 members
- Turkey / Türkiye 133,845 photos, 7,005 members
- People reading (Comment 1) 6,259 photos, 1,443 members
- Oxford 50,895 photos, 3,459 members
- Uñas de felinos 14,761 photos, 994 members
- Cats and cat families 10,642 photos, 361 members
- Art Grown in Nature 145,561 photos, 5,131 members
- Les murs de Lausanne 458 photos, 34 members
- ☞ Manicule 1,769 photos, 366 members
- Through a Glass Darkly 2 1,077 photos, 60 members
- BookCrossing World Convention 2015 1,104 photos, 39 members
- Not the Guardian Camera Club 1,565 photos, 48 members
- Project Weather 643,455 photos, 93,963 members
- Writing Machines 5,453 photos, 9,995 members
- Only colors - Que de couleurs !! 5,927 photos, 345 members
- *Flowers On Black or White* 1,192 photos, 230 members
- old doors and old windows ... 10,984 photos, 460 members
- Cleveland Camera club 63,096 photos, 884 members
- ! My Switzerland 30,818 photos, 820 members
- Tout ce qui touche à la montagne 32,518 photos, 1,487 members
- Butterfly Color (ID Help) 112,890 photos, 8,028 members
- Canon EOS Rebel T3 / 1100D 149,136 photos, 5,404 members
- Visiter la France 29,118 photos, 732 members
- Belles villes et beaux villages 39,014 photos, 1,240 members
- Lac Leman 13,548 photos, 702 members
- Lines&Curves - P1:C1 - no nature, no humans! 196,214 photos, 15,016 members
- British Photographers 398,793 photos, 4,761 members
- Shutter Sisters 454,412 photos, 12,871 members
- Lausanne sous un autre angle/Lausanne from another point of view 2,428 photos, 173 members
- La Tour Galfetti - Lausanne 73 photos, 15 members
- Mortal Muses - Everyday Beauty 65,284 photos, 1,478 members
- flickr@lausanne 33,067 photos, 729 members
- squared circle 175,901 photos, 12,538 members
- Rus, ruisseaux et rivières 48,673 photos, 1,975 members
- Lines 彡Curves & Shadows - No People, Flowers or Landscapes.P1- 81,585 photos, 4,569 members
- Two by Two... 26,935 photos, 1,376 members
Today I realized that such a long time has gone by and that I never wrote a Testimonial to you. I wondered why, because it has always been such a great pleasure to see your beautiful world which you share with us, through your lovely and story-telling images. I missed it somehow, but it is never too late and today I am here, to let you know that it has been great to have you around and that I enjoy your way of seeing things, picturing them in a very special way.
So much of you is shown in your beautiful work and I really like what I see.
Thank you for every word...all along...
Your brazilian flickrfriend,
October 4th, 2014
"I have a great respect for a friend on Flickr. She is a great friend, a real lady. This one is Barbara, who surprises me each new day with interesting works about cities, people and the things of the everyday life. Barbara is a travel editor and her comments are rich, respectful and clever. She is an intelligent woman, has a great eye for unusual images, she's a sweet person. She brings her hometown for us, she brings bright into our days, takes us to her office, tells us about her work. She shows the life and beauty of her country. When she travels, she shares her discoveries.
Barbara is an excellent photographer and a very good person.
My love for you, Barbara.
March 6th, 2012
"I am amazed time and time again by Barb's fantastic eye for photo's. She has a wide array of interesting subjects that are all executed very well. What a pleasure it has been to share in your photostream. I enjoy all of your posts!
February 18th, 2007
"Exquisite photos! Wonderful color, compostion and use of lighting! I've only just started exploring your pages, but will be back many times to drink it all in. Bravo!"
July 12th, 2006
- January 2006
- I am:
- Female and Open
- freelance photographer, translator, editor, typesetter, publisher