Groups: I have developed an allergy to blinky-flashies, and would ask you not to paste them in comments on my photos (and I will reciprocate). Please note that I do not respond to attempts at self-promotion and will delete them.
Followers: I always look at your profiles and streams and will follow you too, unless your stream is full of overwrought hdr, heavy vignetting or body parts you wouldn't normally show your grandmother.
I'm always pleased and flattered to discover my photos used on blogs and websites. I'd be even more pleased if the people who used them asked my permission first! If I discover one of my pics on a blog I will add a tag:"blogged by xxxx"
If you want to use one of my photos commercially, please follow the getty images link.
On bookcrossing I am hyphenated: over-the-moon; on LibraryThing and Ravelry, overthemoon. I don't mind if people shorten it to OTM (or otm).
my bookcrossing shelf
"The ultimate source of pleasure derivable from all art is that it brings you into communication with the artist. What you really love in the picture or the poem is the painter or the poet whom it brings into sympathy with you across the gulf of time. He tells you what are the thoughts which some fragment of natural scenery, or some incident of human life, excited in a mind greatly wise and more perceptive than your own." Leslie Stephen, "Sir Walter Scott" (1874).
I think this applies also to photography, and goes to explain why I feel such affinity with and affection for all my flickr friends. Through your pictures and comments you give me a glimpse of your soul.
Barbara Ender Jones | Create your badge
My Library at LibraryThing
- Uñas de felinos 8,774 photos, 777 members
- Knips Photography 2,024 photos, 193 members
- Cats and cat families 6,122 photos, 247 members
- The Art of Critique Technique 3,756 photos, 345 members
- Art Grown in Nature 46,958 photos, 2,593 members
- ♥♥ Les FABULEUSES ♥♥ (Adm. Inv.) 2,073 photos, 137 members
- Classic & Antique Cars 2,830 photos, 172 members
- Les murs de Lausanne 374 photos, 30 members
- ☞ Manicule 1,662 photos, 347 members
- Through a Glass Darkly 2 628 photos, 53 members
- BookCrossing World Convention 2015 6 photos, 20 members
- Not the Guardian Camera Club 891 photos, 47 members
- Project Weather 398,245 photos, 72,189 members
- Canon C1100D 595 photos, 59 members
- Writing Machines 5,071 photos, 7,746 members
- Neo-Nostalgia 5,163 photos, 185 members
- Only colors - Que de couleurs !! 2,433 photos, 201 members
- AtoutPixL*** 22,166 photos, 204 members
- *Flowers On Black or White* 917 photos, 219 members
- old doors and old windows ... 5,195 photos, 298 members
- Back To Flowers 1,217 photos, 187 members
- Cleveland Camera club 55,979 photos, 829 members
- ! My Switzerland 14,270 photos, 463 members
- 100 Bicycles 2,226 photos, 512 members
- Tout ce qui touche à la montagne 18,026 photos, 1,171 members
- Butterfly Color (ID Help) 94,151 photos, 7,554 members
- Canon EOS Rebel T3 / 1100D 117,046 photos, 5,108 members
- Visiter la France 15,072 photos, 486 members
- Belles villes et beaux villages 22,557 photos, 950 members
- Lac Leman 11,052 photos, 613 members
- Photos of the year: 52 weeks 5,474 photos, 837 members
- Lines&Curves - Post 1: Comment 1 173,405 photos, 13,968 members
- British Photographers 273,918 photos, 3,903 members
- Letterpress forme 1,416 photos, 284 members
- Shutter Sisters 423,944 photos, 12,631 members
- Lausanne sous un autre angle/Lausanne from another point of view 1,654 photos, 141 members
- La Tour Galfetti - Lausanne 63 photos, 12 members
- Mortal Muses - Everyday Beauty 65,047 photos, 1,504 members
- flickr@lausanne 28,859 photos, 656 members
- squared circle 154,787 photos, 10,710 members
- Rus, ruisseaux et rivières 37,877 photos, 1,657 members
- Lines 彡Curves & Shadows - No People, Flowers or Landscapes C2 62,989 photos, 3,863 members
- Two by Two... 18,565 photos, 893 members
- MIDDLE AGES IN EUROPE (Post1 Award2) 42,709 photos, 2,270 members
- FlickrCentral 8,275,849 photos, 226,460 members
- *G a l e r i a 8,800 photos, 409 members
- * F l o r / Admin Invite 7,423 photos, 296 members
- 500x500 306,106 photos, 7,513 members
- Typography and Lettering 160,330 photos, 24,921 members
- Folio Society 211 photos, 52 members
Today I realized that such a long time has gone by and that I never wrote a Testimonial to you. I wondered why, because it has always been such a great pleasure to see your beautiful world which you share with us, through your lovely and story-telling images. I missed it somehow, but it is never too late and today I am here, to let you know that it has been great to have you around and that I enjoy your way of seeing things, picturing them in a very special way.
So much of you is shown in your beautiful work and I really like what I see.
Thank you for every word...all along...
Your brazilian flickrfriend,
October 4th, 2014
"I have a great respect for a friend on Flickr. She is a great friend, a real lady. This one is Barbara, who surprises me each new day with interesting works about cities, people and the things of the everyday life. Barbara is a travel editor and her comments are rich, respectful and clever. She is an intelligent woman, has a great eye for unusual images, she's a sweet person. She brings her hometown for us, she brings bright into our days, takes us to her office, tells us about her work. She shows the life and beauty of her country. When she travels, she shares her discoveries.
Barbara is an excellent photographer and a very good person.
My love for you, Barbara.
March 6th, 2012
"I am amazed time and time again by Barb's fantastic eye for photo's. She has a wide array of interesting subjects that are all executed very well. What a pleasure it has been to share in your photostream. I enjoy all of your posts!
February 18th, 2007
"Exquisite photos! Wonderful color, compostion and use of lighting! I've only just started exploring your pages, but will be back many times to drink it all in. Bravo!"
July 12th, 2006
- January 2006
- I am:
- Female and Open
- freelance photographer, translator, editor, typesetter, publisher