Husband, father, ship pilot in Houston.
Mostly maritime photos of ships and the Houston Ship Channel. Marine and nautical photography. As I approach retirement I spend significant time in Cartagena, Colombia. It's one of my favorite cities. A photographer's paradise.
If you want to download a photo for personal use, like a screensaver, I'll take that as a compliment.
If you want to use one in a web page please feel free, but credit would be nice and I'd probably get a warm, fuzzy feeling if you told me where it was posted so I could see it.
Prints and commercial permissions can be arranged via email. I usually ask for a donation to the Houston Maritime Museum or the Houston Center for Photography depending on subject matter.
Thanks for looking.
Photos of OneEighteen (4)
- Black white and grey 163,166 photos, 6,459 members
- Buoyant - Buoy Images 31,853 photos, 3,294 members
- MAGNIFICENT SHIPS 58,366 photos, 1,777 members
- Black & White Magical Landscapes 11,669 photos, 1,442 members
- Guiding Lights 398 photos, 117 members
- WALKING LANDSCAPES 124,044 photos, 3,742 members
- 1-The Secret Life of Pasta - Street Photographer only 29,521 photos, 759 members
- Color Escape: B&W ONLY (NO COLOR) 63,881 photos, 3,342 members
- Rutas de América del Sur - Roads of South America 6,671 photos, 2,216 members
- Carretera Austral de Chile 2,373 photos, 276 members
- ***PATAGONIA*** 43,164 photos, 2,686 members
- Ansel Adams at the National Maritime Museum 4,428 photos, 376 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 580,952 photos, 15,955 members
- Land_Art 223 photos, 26 members
- Camino de Santiago 27,329 photos, 1,833 members
- * . . . * . Νύχτα, Night , Nuit, Nacht * . . * . 16,156 photos, 866 members
- OIL Refineries of the World - PEAK OIL 395 photos, 212 members
- Street Photography 3,240 photos, 44,278 members
- Cartagena de Indias - Colombia 6,197 photos, 559 members
- Houston Photographers 19,571 photos, 577 members
- Landscape 1,053,994 photos, 101,063 members
- Graffiti 529,930 photos, 18,494 members
- Melbourne Graffiti + street art 67,302 photos, 1,744 members
- Photographer's Choice~Hall of Fame (Invitation) 21,961 photos, 2,472 members
- Sailors worldwide / Les marins du monde 889 photos, 180 members
- WorldLandscapes 463,889 photos, 12,959 members
- INDUSTRIAL LANDSCAPES & INDUSTRIAL STRUCTURES OLD AND NEW. 93,051 photos, 5,470 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 395,963 photos, 22,577 members
- Top photos of the maritime industry (incl Offshore) 10,187 photos, 217 members
- Portraits In Nature 14,657 photos, 997 members
- Dance No Limit (Family Friendly) 63,667 photos, 8,763 members
- Dance (new rules) 74,430 photos, 9,620 members
- Colombia Linda 75,498 photos, 3,423 members
- Colombia en Fotos 75,690 photos, 3,816 members
- Industry 96,230 photos, 6,138 members
- Vessels in storms & shipwrecks 944 photos, 283 members
- 6000 views + 240 faves 3,825 photos, 403 members
- Low key 49,812 photos, 7,316 members
- Ansel Adams-Inspired 40,669 photos, 2,564 members
- Abstract Maritime 1,184 photos, 152 members
- Nautical Art 3,580 photos, 293 members
- OTWsnapshots 165 photos, 42 members
- Texas After Dark 5,310 photos, 444 members
- Houston at night 3,655 photos, 433 members
- Italian Alpine Club of Treviso, the huts 195 photos, 43 members
- Deep Fried Goodness 37 photos, 14 members
- Paths (Caminhos) POST , COMMENT & INVITE PLEASE 102,816 photos, 8,147 members
- India and Indians 246,055 photos, 7,967 members
- India 254,888 photos, 7,613 members
- Incredible India ! 47,735 photos, 4,503 members
"Louis !!! My man on the H2o with camera in hand ! Awesome stuff that only the select few get to see. Great stuff !!!! Keep em coming ;-)"
October 12th, 2009
"Most of the Earth is ocean. I am most grateful OneEighteen helps me see it by way of his amazing photographs. Big skies, big ships, big horizons, big weather, big sea… somehow he captures the scale and majesty. But don’t think he is just a master of maritime images because he can see just as clearly, he can take just as magnificent a photo in the mountains and deserts of this incredible planet."
November 25th, 2007
Tyler Huston says:
"Having just seen Louis stream I can only say there are some extraordinary images here both at sea and on land. Take the time to peruse this wonderful stream and become a ship pilot for a day."
September 20th, 2007
"There is beauty in the world all around us and this is masterfully demonstrated in OneEighteen's work. Shot after shot is breathtaking and I look forward to seeing each new moment that he has captured."
February 21st, 2007
- Louis Vest
- December 2005
- Houston, Texas
- Houston, Texas / Cartagena, Colombia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Ship Pilot
- louvest [at] gmail.com