Husband, father, ship pilot in Houston.
Mostly maritime photos of ships and the Houston Ship Channel. Marine and nautical photography. As I approach retirement I spend significant time in Cartagena, Colombia. It's one of my favorite cities. A photographer's paradise.
If you want to download a photo for personal use, like a screensaver, I'll take that as a compliment.
If you want to use one in a web page please feel free, but credit would be nice and I'd probably get a warm, fuzzy feeling if you told me where it was posted so I could see it.
Prints and commercial permissions can be arranged via email. I usually ask for a donation to the Houston Maritime Museum or the Houston Center for Photography depending on subject matter.
Thanks for looking.
Photos of OneEighteen (4)
- Black white and grey 239,017 photos, 7,002 members
- Buoyant - Buoy Images 32,658 photos, 3,283 members
- MAGNIFICENT SHIPS 58,285 photos, 1,865 members
- Black & White Magical Landscapes 11,409 photos, 1,446 members
- Guiding Lights 378 photos, 111 members
- WALKING LANDSCAPES 156,238 photos, 4,165 members
- 1-The Secret Life of Pasta - Street Photographer only 34,435 photos, 785 members
- Color Escape: B&W ONLY (NO COLOR) 69,785 photos, 3,446 members
- Rutas de América del Sur - Roads of South America 6,596 photos, 2,227 members
- Carretera Austral de Chile 2,522 photos, 296 members
- ***PATAGONIA*** 46,380 photos, 2,870 members
- Ansel Adams at the National Maritime Museum 4,802 photos, 360 members
- Nikon D800/E, D810 & D850 Users Group 686,872 photos, 16,876 members
- Land_Art 295 photos, 32 members
- Camino de Santiago 30,221 photos, 1,888 members
- * . . . * . Νύχτα, Night , Nuit, Nacht * . . * . 16,939 photos, 861 members
- OIL Refineries of the World - PEAK OIL 413 photos, 222 members
- Street Photography 3,358 photos, 45,291 members
- Cartagena de Indias - Colombia 6,514 photos, 592 members
- Houston Photographers 20,640 photos, 590 members
- Landscape 1,060,749 photos, 102,006 members
- Graffiti 548,335 photos, 18,459 members
- Melbourne Graffiti + street art 72,007 photos, 1,740 members
- Photographer's Choice~Hall of Fame (Invitation) 22,290 photos, 2,518 members
- Sailors worldwide / Les marins du monde 1,034 photos, 186 members
- WorldLandscapes 529,624 photos, 13,579 members
- INDUSTRIAL LANDSCAPES & INDUSTRIAL STRUCTURES OLD AND NEW. 107,046 photos, 5,855 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 402,509 photos, 22,160 members
- Top photos of the maritime industry (incl Offshore) 13,514 photos, 248 members
- Portraits In Nature 16,031 photos, 1,050 members
- Dance No Limit (Family Friendly) 67,268 photos, 8,923 members
- Dance (new rules) 76,840 photos, 9,615 members
- Colombia Linda 81,943 photos, 3,587 members
- Colombia en Fotos 80,172 photos, 3,903 members
- Industry 105,571 photos, 6,372 members
- Vessels in storms & shipwrecks 950 photos, 293 members
- 6000 views + 240 faves 4,975 photos, 448 members
- Low key 55,284 photos, 7,630 members
- Ansel Adams-Inspired 47,440 photos, 2,605 members
- Abstract Maritime 1,259 photos, 147 members
- Nautical Art 3,835 photos, 296 members
- OTWsnapshots 165 photos, 41 members
- Texas After Dark 5,176 photos, 445 members
- Houston at night 3,524 photos, 440 members
- Italian Alpine Club of Treviso, the huts 188 photos, 42 members
- Deep Fried Goodness 37 photos, 15 members
- Paths (Caminhos) POST , COMMENT & INVITE PLEASE 109,212 photos, 8,271 members
- India and Indians 276,902 photos, 8,868 members
- India 277,558 photos, 7,973 members
- Incredible India ! 49,790 photos, 4,571 members
"Louis !!! My man on the H2o with camera in hand ! Awesome stuff that only the select few get to see. Great stuff !!!! Keep em coming ;-)"
October 12th, 2009
"Most of the Earth is ocean. I am most grateful OneEighteen helps me see it by way of his amazing photographs. Big skies, big ships, big horizons, big weather, big sea… somehow he captures the scale and majesty. But don’t think he is just a master of maritime images because he can see just as clearly, he can take just as magnificent a photo in the mountains and deserts of this incredible planet."
November 25th, 2007
Tyler Huston says:
"Having just seen Louis stream I can only say there are some extraordinary images here both at sea and on land. Take the time to peruse this wonderful stream and become a ship pilot for a day."
September 20th, 2007
"There is beauty in the world all around us and this is masterfully demonstrated in OneEighteen's work. Shot after shot is breathtaking and I look forward to seeing each new moment that he has captured."
February 21st, 2007
- Louis Vest
- December 2005
- Houston, Texas
- Houston, Texas / Cartagena, Colombia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Ship Pilot
- louvest [at] gmail.com