Husband, father, ship pilot in Houston.
Mostly maritime photos of ships and the Houston Ship Channel. Marine and nautical photography. As I approach retirement I spend significant time in Cartagena, Colombia. It's one of my favorite cities. A photographer's paradise.
If you want to download a photo for personal use, like a screensaver, I'll take that as a compliment.
If you want to use one in a web page please feel free, but credit would be nice and I'd probably get a warm, fuzzy feeling if you told me where it was posted so I could see it.
Prints and commercial permissions can be arranged via email. I usually ask for a donation to the Houston Maritime Museum or the Houston Center for Photography depending on subject matter.
Thanks for looking.
Photos of OneEighteen (4)
- Black white and grey 185,588 photos, 6,701 members
- Buoyant - Buoy Images 32,191 photos, 3,293 members
- MAGNIFICENT SHIPS 57,901 photos, 1,828 members
- Black & White Magical Landscapes 11,599 photos, 1,452 members
- Guiding Lights 391 photos, 116 members
- WALKING LANDSCAPES 134,919 photos, 3,899 members
- 1-The Secret Life of Pasta - Street Photographer only 31,449 photos, 770 members
- Color Escape: B&W ONLY (NO COLOR) 67,085 photos, 3,406 members
- Rutas de América del Sur - Roads of South America 6,653 photos, 2,229 members
- Carretera Austral de Chile 2,440 photos, 275 members
- ***PATAGONIA*** 44,205 photos, 2,728 members
- Ansel Adams at the National Maritime Museum 4,584 photos, 372 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 610,905 photos, 16,153 members
- Land_Art 235 photos, 30 members
- Camino de Santiago 28,042 photos, 1,858 members
- * . . . * . Νύχτα, Night , Nuit, Nacht * . . * . 16,557 photos, 865 members
- OIL Refineries of the World - PEAK OIL 397 photos, 215 members
- Street Photography 3,219 photos, 44,777 members
- Cartagena de Indias - Colombia 6,298 photos, 565 members
- Houston Photographers 19,706 photos, 580 members
- Landscape 1,067,164 photos, 101,192 members
- Graffiti 529,386 photos, 18,487 members
- Melbourne Graffiti + street art 68,371 photos, 1,739 members
- Photographer's Choice~Hall of Fame (Invitation) 22,083 photos, 2,496 members
- Sailors worldwide / Les marins du monde 922 photos, 183 members
- WorldLandscapes 495,420 photos, 13,333 members
- INDUSTRIAL LANDSCAPES & INDUSTRIAL STRUCTURES OLD AND NEW. 97,016 photos, 5,576 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 398,167 photos, 22,450 members
- Top photos of the maritime industry (incl Offshore) 11,078 photos, 227 members
- Portraits In Nature 15,356 photos, 1,021 members
- Dance No Limit (Family Friendly) 65,056 photos, 8,830 members
- Dance (new rules) 75,691 photos, 9,637 members
- Colombia Linda 77,854 photos, 3,482 members
- Colombia en Fotos 77,010 photos, 3,834 members
- Industry 99,557 photos, 6,204 members
- Vessels in storms & shipwrecks 946 photos, 290 members
- 6000 views + 240 faves 4,448 photos, 434 members
- Low key 51,599 photos, 7,402 members
- Ansel Adams-Inspired 42,945 photos, 2,577 members
- Abstract Maritime 1,220 photos, 152 members
- Nautical Art 3,753 photos, 294 members
- OTWsnapshots 165 photos, 42 members
- Texas After Dark 5,309 photos, 445 members
- Houston at night 3,645 photos, 436 members
- Italian Alpine Club of Treviso, the huts 196 photos, 42 members
- Deep Fried Goodness 37 photos, 14 members
- Paths (Caminhos) POST , COMMENT & INVITE PLEASE 105,049 photos, 8,178 members
- India and Indians 256,125 photos, 8,247 members
- India 262,387 photos, 7,745 members
- Incredible India ! 48,632 photos, 4,527 members
"Louis !!! My man on the H2o with camera in hand ! Awesome stuff that only the select few get to see. Great stuff !!!! Keep em coming ;-)"
October 12th, 2009
"Most of the Earth is ocean. I am most grateful OneEighteen helps me see it by way of his amazing photographs. Big skies, big ships, big horizons, big weather, big sea… somehow he captures the scale and majesty. But don’t think he is just a master of maritime images because he can see just as clearly, he can take just as magnificent a photo in the mountains and deserts of this incredible planet."
November 25th, 2007
Tyler Huston says:
"Having just seen Louis stream I can only say there are some extraordinary images here both at sea and on land. Take the time to peruse this wonderful stream and become a ship pilot for a day."
September 20th, 2007
"There is beauty in the world all around us and this is masterfully demonstrated in OneEighteen's work. Shot after shot is breathtaking and I look forward to seeing each new moment that he has captured."
February 21st, 2007
- Louis Vest
- December 2005
- Houston, Texas
- Houston, Texas / Cartagena, Colombia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Ship Pilot
- louvest [at] gmail.com