Hi, welcome to my photo-stream, I have been passionate about photography for most of my life, It's only since I got my first DSLR in 2008 that things have really progressed. I have always had a passion for Natural History and graduated with Honours in Zoology/Marine Zoology at the University of North Wales, Bangor in 1990. I have retained this passion for the natural world and have this is strongly reflected in my photography.
In 2009 I discovered the macro world and since then I have been on a quest to investigate this often overlooked world. The fascination of seeing the unseen details of the natural world is so very appealing to me, there is so much we walk past every day that we don't see, now with the aid of powerful macro lenses we can take a privileged look into this world.
I am still learning and welcome help, hints and tips etc. I also welcome helpful critique (As long as it is polite LOL). I have found Flickr to be a treasure trove of information and there are some truly wonderful photographers to be found here.
I have to say that one lens has opened up a whole new level of macro to me, that lens is the MP-E 65mm, I highly recommend :o)
I'm currently fascinated by Collembola and have been photographing these for over a year now, I have also got some of my photos on the following website :-
A very fine website with many excellent images of the worlds Collembola, also a fascinating site to read, with excellent information on the subject :0)
Equipment list :-
Canon 5D MK II DSLR
Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro
Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II
Canon EF 400mm F/5.6 L
Canon EF Macro USM 100 mm F/2.8
Canon Extender x1.4 II
Canon 580EX II Speedlite
Canon 430EX II Speedlite
Canon EOS Dedicated TTL Off-Camera Shoe Cord OC-E3
Nikon D7000 DSLR
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D
Sigma150mm f/2.8 APO Macro
Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM
Nikkor 60mm Micro f/2.8
Nikon SB400 Speedlight
Nikon SB900 Speedlight
SC-29 Flash extension cord
Kenko AF Extension Tubes x2
Right Angle View Finder Adapter
Benbo mini trekker
Manfrotto pro tripod
Manfrotto monopods x2
I am currently looking to break into a career in photography, so any help would be appreciated :)
Please ask if you want to use any of my images, however, a few have been given to Barcroft Media and they have exclusive rights.
Also on Twitter
- Nature,and Animals 2,131 photos, 55 members
- Cuckoo Wasps (Chrysididae) 79 photos, 20 members
- See & Be Seen (Only on Invitation!) 15,847 photos, 2,791 members
- Wild Bees and Wasps of Europe (NO Honey Bees PLEASE) 22,899 photos, 1,363 members
- Cicindelephilia 4,035 photos, 273 members
- Only Awesome Photos 18,751 photos, 2,623 members
- Flickr Explore It 124,779 photos, 1,625 members
- * Adorati insetti * 7,225 photos, 501 members
- " Birds Around you " 8,666 photos, 198 members
- Rainbow of Nature Level 1 : RED (P1-A4) 183,178 photos, 7,147 members
- Birds Feeding 11,447 photos, 717 members
- Birds Portraits 17,890 photos, 2,546 members
- Gallery One 25,757 photos, 678 members
- Ladybugs in Life 994 photos, 285 members
- Marienkäfer 1,729 photos, 383 members
- Ladybirds And S.I.L.O. 1,757 photos, 339 members
- ladybird 7,328 photos, 1,693 members
- **Simply Superb (P 1- A 3)** 282,285 photos, 9,352 members
- !!^Exquisite Art 50+ Faves (Level 1) (Post 1:Award/Fave 3) 46,498 photos, 2,558 members
- Dragonflies around the World 26,962 photos, 2,266 members
- ` FLICKR ´ 1,048,925 photos, 17,720 members
- Macro Dragonflies 5,748 photos, 465 members
- Damsels and Dragons 4,149 photos, 306 members
- Minor Arthropod Orders 672 photos, 78 members
- Up close and Macro (Extreme) 331 photos, 81 members
- British True Weevils (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) 1,814 photos, 158 members
- Leafhopper 167 photos, 22 members
- Ethology 1,205 photos, 76 members
- Outstanding Insect Photography - P1 - A3 (Admin Invite Only) 7,784 photos, 440 members
- Entomopathogenic Fungi 698 photos, 183 members
- Hunters with their victims 1,211 photos, 93 members
- All Isect Macro Photography 4,235 photos, 72 members
- The BEST of FairyLand BJD 4,221 photos, 464 members
- Arthropods - Field Stacks 2,431 photos, 257 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #2 ☆ Silver. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 359,938 photos, 17,080 members
- Master of photoshop 1,655 photos, 711 members
- PBWA (Photography by Wandering About) 129,305 photos, 1,680 members
- **Platinum Heart Awards** (Only with 8+Heart Awards Invitation!) 215,345 photos, 15,188 members
- iEyes 6,575 photos, 648 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,005 photos, 13,509 members
- Dans la nature 5,818 photos, 180 members
- **Show Your Best** 13,538 photos, 272 members
- Close-ups of Animals 39,462 photos, 1,473 members
- Scientific Photographers 17,590 photos, 548 members
- ~ Wonderful World of Wildlife ~ 297,703 photos, 4,866 members
- Beautiful Bug Butt Thursday (BBBT) 3,658 photos, 165 members
- ★ Elit macro ★ P1 - C1 ★ 22,149 photos, 1,087 members
- Arthropoda 30,753 photos, 398 members
- Stop & Comment 9,383 photos, 468 members
- British Hoverflies 10,379 photos, 490 members
"Eddie is the best photographer ive seen, he really captures the life of insects no matter how small,a fantastic macro photographer!"
November 4th, 2012
James Niland says:
"Eddie gets on a level with all those beautiful creatures, they seem to accept him and show off their best sides. Either that or he spends a LOT of time and patience getting close with these little beauties.
Always looking forward to see Eddie's genius at work and am inspired to try to get somewhere close to his results, maybe one day."
December 10th, 2011
"Eddie is amazing or as I like to call him "Saint Eddie the Bugman" or SETB for short... His shots are all incredible, he has this thing where he's actually able to communicate with Dragon and Damselflys, I know, it's a very rare gift apparently and one is only born to have this gift once every 300 years or so.
Apart from his amazing macros and other types of photos he is a BRILLIANT contact cos he writes really great comments (and lets face it, everyone loves a meaty comment lol!)
I'll stop gushing, if Eddie lived in Ireland I'd probably have jumped him by now lol! (Joking... or am I.... be afraid, be very afraid!!!!)"
November 8th, 2011
Lisa Lawley says:
"I've really enjoyed the gifted work of Eddie. He is a real inspiration, and makes bugs cool. Anyone who makes bugs cool, is cool by me :)"
March 18th, 2011
"For whatever reason I've only recently found Eddie's work but what a joy it has been looking through his photostream.
A kindred spirit for sure, hooked on the natural world and macro images. His passion for the subjects he captures so well is obvious for all to see...just look at the images!
Always experimenting, adapting, improving and all that means I'm forever waiting to see his latest finds/uploads knowing they won't be the 'same old same old' that some bug photostreams are.
Inspiring stuff Eddie and I look forward to more of the same, I just get the feeling that the best is yet to come :-)"
December 14th, 2010
Tess McCoy says:
"Edward's work is always exceptional; he has a very personal style and I instantly recognize him as the photographer when I see the thumbnails of his recent uploads. Not only is the focus and amount of detail in his pictures always insane, but he manages to find the coolest little critters to photograph. He's also one of my favorite people on flickr and great at keeping up with his contacts' work. =)"
August 3rd, 2010
"i greatly enjoy looking at all your photos and commenting on them!! and thank you for commenting on my photos, much appreciated :-)
keep up the good work"
May 8th, 2010
Black Cat Photos says:
"Edward’s stream is amazing! His macro work with bugs is incredible. He makes all bugs look beautiful! His stream is really inspirational! Luv m xxx"
July 21st, 2010
- September 2009
- I am: