Hi, welcome to my photo-stream, I have been passionate about photography for most of my life, It's only since I got my first DSLR in 2008 that things have really progressed. I have always had a passion for Natural History and graduated with Honours in Zoology/Marine Zoology at the University of North Wales, Bangor in 1990. I have retained this passion for the natural world and have this is strongly reflected in my photography.
In 2009 I discovered the macro world and since then I have been on a quest to investigate this often overlooked world. The fascination of seeing the unseen details of the natural world is so very appealing to me, there is so much we walk past every day that we don't see, now with the aid of powerful macro lenses we can take a privileged look into this world.
I am still learning and welcome help, hints and tips etc. I also welcome helpful critique (As long as it is polite LOL). I have found Flickr to be a treasure trove of information and there are some truly wonderful photographers to be found here.
I have to say that one lens has opened up a whole new level of macro to me, that lens is the MP-E 65mm, I highly recommend :o)
I'm currently fascinated by Collembola and have been photographing these for over a year now, I have also got some of my photos on the following website :-
A very fine website with many excellent images of the worlds Collembola, also a fascinating site to read, with excellent information on the subject :0)
Equipment list :-
Canon 5D MK II DSLR
Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro
Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II
Canon EF 400mm F/5.6 L
Canon EF Macro USM 100 mm F/2.8
Canon Extender x1.4 II
Canon 580EX II Speedlite
Canon 430EX II Speedlite
Canon EOS Dedicated TTL Off-Camera Shoe Cord OC-E3
Nikon D7000 DSLR
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D
Sigma150mm f/2.8 APO Macro
Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM
Nikkor 60mm Micro f/2.8
Nikon SB400 Speedlight
Nikon SB900 Speedlight
SC-29 Flash extension cord
Kenko AF Extension Tubes x2
Right Angle View Finder Adapter
Benbo mini trekker
Manfrotto pro tripod
Manfrotto monopods x2
I am currently looking to break into a career in photography, so any help would be appreciated :)
Please ask if you want to use any of my images, however, a few have been given to Barcroft Media and they have exclusive rights.
Also on Twitter
- Nature,and Animals 2,440 photos, 57 members
- Cuckoo Wasps (Chrysididae) 87 photos, 21 members
- See & Be Seen (Only on Invitation!) 17,149 photos, 2,934 members
- Wild Bees and Wasps of Europe (NO Honey Bees PLEASE) 23,429 photos, 1,389 members
- Cicindelephilia 4,231 photos, 279 members
- Only Awesome Photos 18,767 photos, 2,673 members
- Flickr Explore It 137,716 photos, 1,690 members
- * Adorati insetti * 7,614 photos, 524 members
- " Birds Around you " 9,554 photos, 206 members
- Rainbow of Nature Level 1 : RED (P1-A4) 191,635 photos, 7,291 members
- Birds Feeding 12,225 photos, 747 members
- Birds Portraits 19,429 photos, 2,592 members
- Gallery One 29,311 photos, 693 members
- Ladybugs in Life 1,132 photos, 292 members
- Marienkäfer 1,788 photos, 385 members
- Ladybirds And S.I.L.O. 1,783 photos, 344 members
- ladybird 7,384 photos, 1,704 members
- **Simply Superb (P 1- A 3)** 294,090 photos, 9,451 members
- !!^Exquisite Art 50+ Faves (Level 1) (Post 1:Award/Fave 3) 48,807 photos, 2,612 members
- Dragonflies around the World 27,923 photos, 2,339 members
- ` FLICKR ´ 1,115,966 photos, 18,533 members
- Macro Dragonflies 5,924 photos, 482 members
- Damsels and Dragons 4,400 photos, 320 members
- Minor Arthropod Orders 695 photos, 79 members
- Up close and Macro (Extreme) 332 photos, 86 members
- British True Weevils (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) 1,827 photos, 158 members
- Leafhopper 171 photos, 21 members
- Ethology 1,243 photos, 76 members
- Outstanding Insect Photography - P1 - A3 (Admin Invite Only) 7,989 photos, 443 members
- Entomopathogenic Fungi 698 photos, 187 members
- Hunters with their victims 1,271 photos, 92 members
- All Isect Macro Photography 4,463 photos, 77 members
- The BEST of FairyLand BJD 4,443 photos, 471 members
- Arthropods - Field Stacks 2,490 photos, 267 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #2 ☆ Silver. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 366,254 photos, 17,083 members
- Master of photoshop 2,019 photos, 729 members
- PBWA (Photography by Wandering About) 135,531 photos, 1,687 members
- **Platinum Heart Awards** (Only with 8+Heart Awards Invitation!) 216,536 photos, 15,159 members
- iEyes 6,733 photos, 650 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 10,975 photos, 13,451 members
- Dans la nature 6,168 photos, 179 members
- **Show Your Best** 14,162 photos, 275 members
- Close-ups of Animals 42,549 photos, 1,537 members
- Scientific Photographers 18,484 photos, 563 members
- ~ Wonderful World of Wildlife ~ 317,296 photos, 5,055 members
- Beautiful Bug Butt Thursday (BBBT) 3,903 photos, 168 members
- ★ Elit macro ★ P1 - C1 ★ 21,990 photos, 1,084 members
- Arthropoda 32,483 photos, 406 members
- Stop & Comment 9,725 photos, 467 members
- British Hoverflies 10,943 photos, 504 members
"Eddie is the best photographer ive seen, he really captures the life of insects no matter how small,a fantastic macro photographer!"
November 4th, 2012
James Niland says:
"Eddie gets on a level with all those beautiful creatures, they seem to accept him and show off their best sides. Either that or he spends a LOT of time and patience getting close with these little beauties.
Always looking forward to see Eddie's genius at work and am inspired to try to get somewhere close to his results, maybe one day."
December 10th, 2011
"Eddie is amazing or as I like to call him "Saint Eddie the Bugman" or SETB for short... His shots are all incredible, he has this thing where he's actually able to communicate with Dragon and Damselflys, I know, it's a very rare gift apparently and one is only born to have this gift once every 300 years or so.
Apart from his amazing macros and other types of photos he is a BRILLIANT contact cos he writes really great comments (and lets face it, everyone loves a meaty comment lol!)
I'll stop gushing, if Eddie lived in Ireland I'd probably have jumped him by now lol! (Joking... or am I.... be afraid, be very afraid!!!!)"
November 8th, 2011
Lisa Lawley says:
"I've really enjoyed the gifted work of Eddie. He is a real inspiration, and makes bugs cool. Anyone who makes bugs cool, is cool by me :)"
March 18th, 2011
"For whatever reason I've only recently found Eddie's work but what a joy it has been looking through his photostream.
A kindred spirit for sure, hooked on the natural world and macro images. His passion for the subjects he captures so well is obvious for all to see...just look at the images!
Always experimenting, adapting, improving and all that means I'm forever waiting to see his latest finds/uploads knowing they won't be the 'same old same old' that some bug photostreams are.
Inspiring stuff Eddie and I look forward to more of the same, I just get the feeling that the best is yet to come :-)"
December 14th, 2010
Tess McCoy says:
"Edward's work is always exceptional; he has a very personal style and I instantly recognize him as the photographer when I see the thumbnails of his recent uploads. Not only is the focus and amount of detail in his pictures always insane, but he manages to find the coolest little critters to photograph. He's also one of my favorite people on flickr and great at keeping up with his contacts' work. =)"
August 3rd, 2010
"i greatly enjoy looking at all your photos and commenting on them!! and thank you for commenting on my photos, much appreciated :-)
keep up the good work"
May 8th, 2010
Black Cat Photos says:
"Edward’s stream is amazing! His macro work with bugs is incredible. He makes all bugs look beautiful! His stream is really inspirational! Luv m xxx"
July 21st, 2010
- September 2009
- I am: