Hi, welcome to my photo-stream, I have been passionate about photography for most of my life, It's only since I got my first DSLR in 2008 that things have really progressed. I have always had a passion for Natural History and graduated with Honours in Zoology/Marine Zoology at the University of North Wales, Bangor in 1990. I have retained this passion for the natural world and have this is strongly reflected in my photography.
In 2009 I discovered the macro world and since then I have been on a quest to investigate this often overlooked world. The fascination of seeing the unseen details of the natural world is so very appealing to me, there is so much we walk past every day that we don't see, now with the aid of powerful macro lenses we can take a privileged look into this world.
I am still learning and welcome help, hints and tips etc. I also welcome helpful critique (As long as it is polite LOL). I have found Flickr to be a treasure trove of information and there are some truly wonderful photographers to be found here.
I have to say that one lens has opened up a whole new level of macro to me, that lens is the MP-E 65mm, I highly recommend :o)
I'm currently fascinated by Collembola and have been photographing these for over a year now, I have also got some of my photos on the following website :-
A very fine website with many excellent images of the worlds Collembola, also a fascinating site to read, with excellent information on the subject :0)
Equipment list :-
Canon 5D MK II DSLR
Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro
Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II
Canon EF 400mm F/5.6 L
Canon EF Macro USM 100 mm F/2.8
Canon Extender x1.4 II
Canon 580EX II Speedlite
Canon 430EX II Speedlite
Canon EOS Dedicated TTL Off-Camera Shoe Cord OC-E3
Nikon D7000 DSLR
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D
Sigma150mm f/2.8 APO Macro
Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM
Nikkor 60mm Micro f/2.8
Nikon SB400 Speedlight
Nikon SB900 Speedlight
SC-29 Flash extension cord
Kenko AF Extension Tubes x2
Right Angle View Finder Adapter
Benbo mini trekker
Manfrotto pro tripod
Manfrotto monopods x2
I am currently looking to break into a career in photography, so any help would be appreciated :)
Please ask if you want to use any of my images, however, a few have been given to Barcroft Media and they have exclusive rights.
Also on Twitter
- Nature,and Animals 1,156 photos, 44 members
- Cuckoo Wasps (Chrysididae) 56 photos, 15 members
- See & Be Seen 11,884 photos, 2,121 members
- Wild Bees and Wasps of Europe (NO Honey Bees PLEASE) 20,861 photos, 1,264 members
- Cicindelephilia 3,205 photos, 261 members
- Only Awesome Photos 15,480 photos, 2,368 members
- Flickr Explore It 80,811 photos, 1,352 members
- * Adorati insetti * 5,913 photos, 439 members
- " Birds Around you " 4,702 photos, 159 members
- Rainbow of Nature Level 1 : RED (P1-A4) 152,736 photos, 6,575 members
- Birds Feeding 8,327 photos, 563 members
- Birds Portraits 10,526 photos, 2,386 members
- Gallery One 16,285 photos, 563 members
- Ladybugs in Life 784 photos, 262 members
- Marienkäfer 1,649 photos, 374 members
- Ladybirds And S.I.L.O. 1,596 photos, 328 members
- ladybird 6,841 photos, 1,620 members
- **Simply Superb (Comment 3 Please)** 238,808 photos, 8,781 members
- !!^Exquisite Art 50+ Faves (Level 1) 38,862 photos, 2,243 members
- Dragonflies around the World 23,860 photos, 2,091 members
- ` FLICKR ´ 834,117 photos, 15,422 members
- Macro Dragonflies 5,144 photos, 438 members
- Damsels and Dragons 3,453 photos, 279 members
- Minor Arthropod Orders 588 photos, 75 members
- Up close and Macro (Extreme) 335 photos, 68 members
- British True Weevils (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) 1,675 photos, 147 members
- Leafhopper 131 photos, 21 members
- Ethology 873 photos, 73 members
- Outstanding Insect Photography -VOTING OPEN FOR ALL MEMBERS 6,989 photos, 425 members
- Entomopathogenic Fungi 696 photos, 180 members
- Hunters with their victims 958 photos, 87 members
- All Isect Macro Photography 3,296 photos, 59 members
- The BEST of FairyLand BJD 3,322 photos, 445 members
- Arthropods - Field Stacks 2,189 photos, 228 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #2 ☆ Silver. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 336,760 photos, 16,934 members
- Master of photoshop 1,182 photos, 678 members
- PBWA (Photography by Wandering About) 109,358 photos, 1,645 members
- **Platinum Heart Awards** (Only with 8+Heart Awards Invitation!) 211,446 photos, 15,148 members
- iEyes 5,775 photos, 608 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 10,999 photos, 13,682 members
- Dans la nature 4,978 photos, 175 members
- **Show Your Best** 11,722 photos, 258 members
- Close-ups of Animals 31,637 photos, 1,398 members
- Scientific Photographers 14,626 photos, 514 members
- ~ Wonderful World of Wildlife ~ 226,207 photos, 4,262 members
- Beautiful Bug Butt Thursday (BBBT) 2,740 photos, 119 members
- ★ Macro world ★ P1 - C1 ★ 22,075 photos, 1,065 members
- Arthropoda 22,125 photos, 351 members
- Stop & Comment 7,905 photos, 466 members
- British Hoverflies 8,187 photos, 429 members
"Eddie is the best photographer ive seen, he really captures the life of insects no matter how small,a fantastic macro photographer!"
November 4th, 2012
James Niland says:
"Eddie gets on a level with all those beautiful creatures, they seem to accept him and show off their best sides. Either that or he spends a LOT of time and patience getting close with these little beauties.
Always looking forward to see Eddie's genius at work and am inspired to try to get somewhere close to his results, maybe one day."
December 10th, 2011
"Eddie is amazing or as I like to call him "Saint Eddie the Bugman" or SETB for short... His shots are all incredible, he has this thing where he's actually able to communicate with Dragon and Damselflys, I know, it's a very rare gift apparently and one is only born to have this gift once every 300 years or so.
Apart from his amazing macros and other types of photos he is a BRILLIANT contact cos he writes really great comments (and lets face it, everyone loves a meaty comment lol!)
I'll stop gushing, if Eddie lived in Ireland I'd probably have jumped him by now lol! (Joking... or am I.... be afraid, be very afraid!!!!)"
November 8th, 2011
Lisa Lawley says:
"I've really enjoyed the gifted work of Eddie. He is a real inspiration, and makes bugs cool. Anyone who makes bugs cool, is cool by me :)"
March 18th, 2011
"For whatever reason I've only recently found Eddie's work but what a joy it has been looking through his photostream.
A kindred spirit for sure, hooked on the natural world and macro images. His passion for the subjects he captures so well is obvious for all to see...just look at the images!
Always experimenting, adapting, improving and all that means I'm forever waiting to see his latest finds/uploads knowing they won't be the 'same old same old' that some bug photostreams are.
Inspiring stuff Eddie and I look forward to more of the same, I just get the feeling that the best is yet to come :-)"
December 14th, 2010
Tess McCoy says:
"Edward's work is always exceptional; he has a very personal style and I instantly recognize him as the photographer when I see the thumbnails of his recent uploads. Not only is the focus and amount of detail in his pictures always insane, but he manages to find the coolest little critters to photograph. He's also one of my favorite people on flickr and great at keeping up with his contacts' work. =)"
August 3rd, 2010
"i greatly enjoy looking at all your photos and commenting on them!! and thank you for commenting on my photos, much appreciated :-)
keep up the good work"
May 8th, 2010
Black Cat Photos says:
"Edward’s stream is amazing! His macro work with bugs is incredible. He makes all bugs look beautiful! His stream is really inspirational! Luv m xxx"
July 21st, 2010
- September 2009
- I am: