Although I have retained all rights to most of my photographs, if there is one you want to use let me know. I'll probably be happy to let you use it.
As well as ghostvision to which I try and post a photograph every
day week or so, occasionally I combine a photograph and some writing on Walk: slow blog.
Music I've enjoyed includes: Os Mutantes, Saint Etienne, Jorge Ben, Carter Family, Johnny Cash, Lee Hazlewood, Lee Perry, Alasdair Roberts, The Undertones, Charles Trenet, Serge Gainsbourg, Brian Wilson, The Buzzcocks, France Gall, Caetano Veloso, Duke Ellington, A Certain Ratio, Jacques Brel, Tom Waits, Nino Rota, Scott Walker, Young Marble Giants, Horace Andy, The Wayfarers, Calexico, April March, The Fall, Mo-dettes, Keren Ann, The Monochrome Set, Richard Thompson, Fairport Convention, Howling Wolf, The Congos, Funkadelic, Orange Juice, Aztec Camera, Can, Gram Parsons, Hi-Posi, Lio, Lizzy Mercier Descloux, Louis Prima, Ry Cooder, The Monkees, Parliment, Pere Ubu, Stereolab, Jack Nitzsche, Anna Domino, Scott Walker, hi posi, delta 5, The Raincoats.
Films I have enjoyed include: Playtime, Don't shoot the Piano Player, Mean Streets, Dr Mabuse, M, The Mouse that Roared, Passport to Pimlico, The Belles of St. Trinians, Philadelphia Story, It happened One Night, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Billy Liar, The Third Man, The Comedians, Under the Volcano, Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia, Tampopo, Modesty Blaise, Withnail and I, King of Hearts, Pickpocket, Jules and Jim, The Battle of Algiers, Mean Streets, Robinson in Space, The Bicycle Thief.
Things I enjoy: uh, photography and other art, museum, gallery and street, literature, time periods other than our own, "The City", the history of popular culture, reading, cuisine and culture, restaurants but not so much "fancy" restaurants, music, poisonous desert creatures, pack behavior, shoes, and cheese. It would probably be wrong to say I enjoy writing, but I enjoy having written.
Photos of niznoz (5)
- Ogunquit Maine 794 photos, 58 members
- NIKON - CANON - SONY 48,091 photos, 1,184 members
- Project Weather 636,691 photos, 94,061 members
- #Flickr10 7,506 photos, 3,954 members
- TRAVEL&LANDESCAPE 95,989 photos, 5,798 members
- Flickr CPR 11,022 photos, 576 members
- The Red Eye 2,029 photos, 202 members
- London Cafés and Restaurants 9,957 photos, 1,389 members
- The Artist Interview Nook 81 photos, 184 members
- Boing Boing 134,267 photos, 5,248 members
- Urban Omnibus 82 photos, 61 members
- Fire Island, Long Island New York 2,167 photos, 138 members
- Fire Island Beaches and Towns, Long Island New York 1,421 photos, 111 members
- Mascaron 1,920 photos, 44 members
- Pennsylvania: Its Other Cities, Towns and Villages 16,350 photos, 429 members
- Pennsylvania State & County Fairs 351 photos, 21 members
- County Fair 8,963 photos, 587 members
- Owls in architecture 707 photos, 70 members
- East Village NYC 7,327 photos, 473 members
- Jim Power, The Mosaic Man 30 photos, 11 members
- Celebrating Weird New York 11,883 photos, 2,068 members
- Medieval NYC 4,841 photos, 384 members
- Streetlife 288,861 photos, 4,647 members
- squirrels 80,305 photos, 10,570 members
- Animali metropolitani / Urban Animals 4,499 photos, 554 members
- Farmers' Market 12,698 photos, 1,215 members
- Union Square, NYC 3,638 photos, 1,100 members
- Antony Gormley 13,893 photos, 1,951 members
- Rain 46,074 photos, 9,936 members
- Rain in the city... and in the country 30,185 photos, 5,919 members
- Richmond upon Thames 8,864 photos, 326 members
- London Rain 965 photos, 126 members
- SOUTHBANK 2,371 photos, 218 members
- South Bank Snaps 1,783 photos, 176 members
- Your Carousel Shots 2,085 photos, 1,389 members
- Funfairs, Fairgrounds and Circuses 37,075 photos, 4,908 members
- Sugary Sweetness 28,228 photos, 1,438 members
- Standing Stones 10,134 photos, 1,897 members
- Friends of the High Line 25,091 photos, 2,368 members
- High Line Park 4,526 photos, 474 members
- Guardian Camera Club 26,019 photos, 12,754 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 14,841 photos, 18,256 members
- New York History 7,814 photos, 781 members
- CANDY FACTORY - NYC 543 photos, 58 members
- openhousenewyork 2,926 photos, 278 members
- flaneur 46,547 photos, 769 members
- CRAFT Crochet-Along 92 photos, 192 members
- Superior Sewing Machines 41 photos, 9 members
- Colour Chart 3,198 photos, 1,980 members
- Colouring Kompetition Sketch Exchange 98 photos, 91 members
"Don't know why I never say much when I'm here, but I really like this photostream. And today Mr Overbite made me chuckle. The bloke is amusing."
April 25th, 2006
O Caritas says:
"Nick's photos are like an anthropological study of New York City, or wherever he happens to be at any given moment. Whether it be a billboard, one of his meals, a buddhist shrine or other remnants of civilization (often recorded as a square circle!), his photographs speak of life in the big city -- its charms and its absurdities."
April 23rd, 2006
Runs With Scissors says:
"Why does it seem like half of Flickr is drawn to Niz's images?
Through his images reminds us there's always an image to be captured. It can be on a desk, the ground, a puddle, the sidewalk or a wall...
Obviously Niznoz has helped to define what Flcikr is about and has influenced others to follow."
April 23rd, 2006
"Poor niz, living with the hard-drinking, wild-living, heavy partying Alphonse! Where he finds the time to take all those incredible photos, I'll never know.
He also does a superb walking tour of NYC graffiti..."
July 18th, 2005
- Nicholas Noyes
- September 2004
- New York -- for the most part.
- I am: