Although I have retained all rights to most of my photographs, if there is one you want to use let me know. I'll probably be happy to let you use it.
As well as ghostvision to which I try and post a photograph every
day week or so, occasionally I combine a photograph and some writing on Walk: slow blog.
Music I've enjoyed includes: Os Mutantes, Saint Etienne, Jorge Ben, Carter Family, Johnny Cash, Lee Hazlewood, Lee Perry, Alasdair Roberts, The Undertones, Charles Trenet, Serge Gainsbourg, Brian Wilson, The Buzzcocks, France Gall, Caetano Veloso, Duke Ellington, A Certain Ratio, Jacques Brel, Tom Waits, Nino Rota, Scott Walker, Young Marble Giants, Horace Andy, The Wayfarers, Calexico, April March, The Fall, Mo-dettes, Keren Ann, The Monochrome Set, Richard Thompson, Fairport Convention, Howling Wolf, The Congos, Funkadelic, Orange Juice, Aztec Camera, Can, Gram Parsons, Hi-Posi, Lio, Lizzy Mercier Descloux, Louis Prima, Ry Cooder, The Monkees, Parliment, Pere Ubu, Stereolab, Jack Nitzsche, Anna Domino, Scott Walker, hi posi, delta 5, The Raincoats.
Films I have enjoyed include: Playtime, Don't shoot the Piano Player, Mean Streets, Dr Mabuse, M, The Mouse that Roared, Passport to Pimlico, The Belles of St. Trinians, Philadelphia Story, It happened One Night, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Billy Liar, The Third Man, The Comedians, Under the Volcano, Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia, Tampopo, Modesty Blaise, Withnail and I, King of Hearts, Pickpocket, Jules and Jim, The Battle of Algiers, Mean Streets, Robinson in Space, The Bicycle Thief.
Things I enjoy: uh, photography and other art, museum, gallery and street, literature, time periods other than our own, "The City", the history of popular culture, reading, cuisine and culture, restaurants but not so much "fancy" restaurants, music, poisonous desert creatures, pack behavior, shoes, and cheese. It would probably be wrong to say I enjoy writing, but I enjoy having written.
Photos of niznoz (3)
- Ogunquit Maine 816 photos, 57 members
- NIKON - CANON - SONY 52,281 photos, 1,183 members
- Project Weather 627,256 photos, 93,226 members
- #Flickr10 7,391 photos, 4,259 members
- TRAVEL&LANDESCAPE 100,890 photos, 5,940 members
- Flickr CPR 11,716 photos, 572 members
- The Red Eye 2,026 photos, 198 members
- London Cafés and Restaurants 10,923 photos, 1,416 members
- The Artist Interview Nook 73 photos, 177 members
- Boing Boing 139,067 photos, 5,176 members
- Urban Omnibus 93 photos, 62 members
- Fire Island, Long Island New York 2,188 photos, 137 members
- Fire Island Beaches and Towns, Long Island New York 1,431 photos, 116 members
- Mascaron 2,013 photos, 47 members
- Pennsylvania: Its Other Cities, Towns and Villages 17,191 photos, 453 members
- Pennsylvania State & County Fairs 497 photos, 23 members
- County Fair 9,271 photos, 589 members
- Owls in architecture 778 photos, 74 members
- East Village NYC 7,575 photos, 478 members
- Jim Power, The Mosaic Man 30 photos, 11 members
- Celebrating Weird New York 11,785 photos, 2,054 members
- Medieval NYC 4,869 photos, 387 members
- Streetlife 304,633 photos, 4,707 members
- squirrels 83,890 photos, 10,649 members
- Animali metropolitani / Urban Animals 5,033 photos, 582 members
- Farmers' Market 13,162 photos, 1,233 members
- Union Square, NYC 3,632 photos, 1,088 members
- Antony Gormley 14,797 photos, 1,946 members
- Rain 46,919 photos, 9,933 members
- Rain in the city... and in the country 30,829 photos, 5,943 members
- Richmond upon Thames 9,358 photos, 337 members
- London Rain 955 photos, 121 members
- SOUTHBANK 2,472 photos, 220 members
- South Bank Snaps 1,754 photos, 175 members
- Your Carousel Shots 2,375 photos, 1,423 members
- Funfairs, Fairgrounds and Circuses 40,025 photos, 4,959 members
- Sugary Sweetness 28,450 photos, 1,430 members
- Standing Stones 10,659 photos, 1,956 members
- Friends of the High Line 25,231 photos, 2,373 members
- High Line Park 4,580 photos, 474 members
- Guardian Camera Club 25,717 photos, 12,552 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 14,705 photos, 18,021 members
- New York History 8,456 photos, 848 members
- CANDY FACTORY - NYC 547 photos, 58 members
- openhousenewyork 3,101 photos, 279 members
- flaneur 50,299 photos, 819 members
- CRAFT Crochet-Along 92 photos, 192 members
- Superior Sewing Machines 41 photos, 9 members
- Colour Chart 3,152 photos, 1,949 members
- Colouring Kompetition Sketch Exchange 103 photos, 91 members
"Don't know why I never say much when I'm here, but I really like this photostream. And today Mr Overbite made me chuckle. The bloke is amusing."
April 25th, 2006
O Caritas says:
"Nick's photos are like an anthropological study of New York City, or wherever he happens to be at any given moment. Whether it be a billboard, one of his meals, a buddhist shrine or other remnants of civilization (often recorded as a square circle!), his photographs speak of life in the big city -- its charms and its absurdities."
April 23rd, 2006
Runs With Scissors says:
"Why does it seem like half of Flickr is drawn to Niz's images?
Through his images reminds us there's always an image to be captured. It can be on a desk, the ground, a puddle, the sidewalk or a wall...
Obviously Niznoz has helped to define what Flcikr is about and has influenced others to follow."
April 23rd, 2006
"Poor niz, living with the hard-drinking, wild-living, heavy partying Alphonse! Where he finds the time to take all those incredible photos, I'll never know.
He also does a superb walking tour of NYC graffiti..."
July 18th, 2005
- Nicholas Noyes
- September 2004
- New York -- for the most part.
- I am: