Although I have retained all rights to most of my photographs, if there is one you want to use let me know. I'll probably be happy to let you use it.
As well as ghostvision to which I try and post a photograph every
day week or so, occasionally I combine a photograph and some writing on Walk: slow blog.
Music I've enjoyed includes: Os Mutantes, Saint Etienne, Jorge Ben, Carter Family, Johnny Cash, Lee Hazlewood, Lee Perry, Alasdair Roberts, The Undertones, Charles Trenet, Serge Gainsbourg, Brian Wilson, The Buzzcocks, France Gall, Caetano Veloso, Duke Ellington, A Certain Ratio, Jacques Brel, Tom Waits, Nino Rota, Scott Walker, Young Marble Giants, Horace Andy, The Wayfarers, Calexico, April March, The Fall, Mo-dettes, Keren Ann, The Monochrome Set, Richard Thompson, Fairport Convention, Howling Wolf, The Congos, Funkadelic, Orange Juice, Aztec Camera, Can, Gram Parsons, Hi-Posi, Lio, Lizzy Mercier Descloux, Louis Prima, Ry Cooder, The Monkees, Parliment, Pere Ubu, Stereolab, Jack Nitzsche, Anna Domino, Scott Walker, hi posi, delta 5, The Raincoats.
Films I have enjoyed include: Playtime, Don't shoot the Piano Player, Mean Streets, Dr Mabuse, M, The Mouse that Roared, Passport to Pimlico, The Belles of St. Trinians, Philadelphia Story, It happened One Night, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Billy Liar, The Third Man, The Comedians, Under the Volcano, Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia, Tampopo, Modesty Blaise, Withnail and I, King of Hearts, Pickpocket, Jules and Jim, The Battle of Algiers, Mean Streets, Robinson in Space, The Bicycle Thief.
Things I enjoy: uh, photography and other art, museum, gallery and street, literature, time periods other than our own, "The City", the history of popular culture, reading, cuisine and culture, restaurants but not so much "fancy" restaurants, music, poisonous desert creatures, pack behavior, shoes, and cheese. It would probably be wrong to say I enjoy writing, but I enjoy having written.
Photos of niznoz (5)
- Ogunquit Maine 772 photos, 55 members
- NIKON - CANON - SONY 33,777 photos, 1,124 members
- Project Weather 641,789 photos, 94,033 members
- #Flickr10 7,619 photos, 3,551 members
- TRAVEL&LANDESCAPE 83,232 photos, 5,254 members
- Flickr CPR 10,421 photos, 579 members
- The Red Eye 2,064 photos, 207 members
- London Cafés and Restaurants 9,176 photos, 1,331 members
- The Artist Interview Nook 81 photos, 189 members
- Boing Boing 128,540 photos, 5,271 members
- Urban Omnibus 83 photos, 59 members
- Fire Island, Long Island New York 2,156 photos, 134 members
- Fire Island Beaches and Towns, Long Island New York 1,376 photos, 107 members
- Mascaron 1,841 photos, 45 members
- Pennsylvania: Its Other Cities, Towns and Villages 15,064 photos, 409 members
- Pennsylvania State & County Fairs 327 photos, 18 members
- County Fair 8,695 photos, 585 members
- Owls in architecture 679 photos, 65 members
- East Village NYC 7,172 photos, 468 members
- Jim Power, The Mosaic Man 30 photos, 11 members
- Celebrating Weird New York 12,061 photos, 2,077 members
- Medieval NYC 4,794 photos, 383 members
- Streetlife 267,007 photos, 4,432 members
- squirrels 77,114 photos, 10,410 members
- Animali metropolitani / Urban Animals 3,727 photos, 506 members
- Farmers' Market 12,163 photos, 1,205 members
- Union Square, NYC 3,626 photos, 1,109 members
- Antony Gormley 13,353 photos, 1,935 members
- Rain 44,353 photos, 9,836 members
- Rain in the city... and in the country 28,738 photos, 5,857 members
- Richmond upon Thames 8,559 photos, 312 members
- London Rain 947 photos, 128 members
- SOUTHBANK 2,261 photos, 210 members
- South Bank Snaps 1,793 photos, 180 members
- Your Carousel Shots 1,860 photos, 1,353 members
- Funfairs, Fairgrounds and Circuses 35,394 photos, 4,837 members
- Sugary Sweetness 27,321 photos, 1,434 members
- Standing Stones 9,520 photos, 1,832 members
- Friends of the High Line 24,880 photos, 2,367 members
- High Line Park 4,390 photos, 466 members
- Guardian Camera Club 26,193 photos, 12,921 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 14,985 photos, 18,439 members
- New York History 6,878 photos, 708 members
- CANDY FACTORY - NYC 524 photos, 56 members
- openhousenewyork 2,846 photos, 280 members
- flaneur 41,612 photos, 748 members
- CRAFT Crochet-Along 92 photos, 193 members
- Superior Sewing Machines 45 photos, 9 members
- Colour Chart 3,236 photos, 1,996 members
- Colouring Kompetition Sketch Exchange 91 photos, 93 members
"Don't know why I never say much when I'm here, but I really like this photostream. And today Mr Overbite made me chuckle. The bloke is amusing."
April 25th, 2006
O Caritas says:
"Nick's photos are like an anthropological study of New York City, or wherever he happens to be at any given moment. Whether it be a billboard, one of his meals, a buddhist shrine or other remnants of civilization (often recorded as a square circle!), his photographs speak of life in the big city -- its charms and its absurdities."
April 23rd, 2006
Runs With Scissors says:
"Why does it seem like half of Flickr is drawn to Niz's images?
Through his images reminds us there's always an image to be captured. It can be on a desk, the ground, a puddle, the sidewalk or a wall...
Obviously Niznoz has helped to define what Flcikr is about and has influenced others to follow."
April 23rd, 2006
"Poor niz, living with the hard-drinking, wild-living, heavy partying Alphonse! Where he finds the time to take all those incredible photos, I'll never know.
He also does a superb walking tour of NYC graffiti..."
July 18th, 2005
- Nicholas Noyes
- September 2004
- New York -- for the most part.
- I am: