Although I have retained all rights to most of my photographs, if there is one you want to use let me know. I'll probably be happy to let you use it.
As well as ghostvision to which I try and post a photograph every
day week or so, occasionally I combine a photograph and some writing on Walk: slow blog.
Music I've enjoyed includes: Os Mutantes, Saint Etienne, Jorge Ben, Carter Family, Johnny Cash, Lee Hazlewood, Lee Perry, Alasdair Roberts, The Undertones, Charles Trenet, Serge Gainsbourg, Brian Wilson, The Buzzcocks, France Gall, Caetano Veloso, Duke Ellington, A Certain Ratio, Jacques Brel, Tom Waits, Nino Rota, Scott Walker, Young Marble Giants, Horace Andy, The Wayfarers, Calexico, April March, The Fall, Mo-dettes, Keren Ann, The Monochrome Set, Richard Thompson, Fairport Convention, Howling Wolf, The Congos, Funkadelic, Orange Juice, Aztec Camera, Can, Gram Parsons, Hi-Posi, Lio, Lizzy Mercier Descloux, Louis Prima, Ry Cooder, The Monkees, Parliment, Pere Ubu, Stereolab, Jack Nitzsche, Anna Domino, Scott Walker, hi posi, delta 5, The Raincoats.
Films I have enjoyed include: Playtime, Don't shoot the Piano Player, Mean Streets, Dr Mabuse, M, The Mouse that Roared, Passport to Pimlico, The Belles of St. Trinians, Philadelphia Story, It happened One Night, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Billy Liar, The Third Man, The Comedians, Under the Volcano, Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia, Tampopo, Modesty Blaise, Withnail and I, King of Hearts, Pickpocket, Jules and Jim, The Battle of Algiers, Mean Streets, Robinson in Space, The Bicycle Thief.
Things I enjoy: uh, photography and other art, museum, gallery and street, literature, time periods other than our own, "The City", the history of popular culture, reading, cuisine and culture, restaurants but not so much "fancy" restaurants, music, poisonous desert creatures, pack behavior, shoes, and cheese. It would probably be wrong to say I enjoy writing, but I enjoy having written.
Photos of niznoz (5)
- Ogunquit Maine 690 photos, 52 members
- NIKON - CANON - SONY 4,538 photos, 703 members
- Project Weather 616,406 photos, 88,602 members
- #Flickr10 7,745 photos, 2,895 members
- TRAVEL&LANDESCAPE 67,834 photos, 4,028 members
- Flickr CPR 9,309 photos, 576 members
- The Red Eye 2,110 photos, 208 members
- London Cafés and Restaurants 8,278 photos, 1,267 members
- The Artist Interview Nook 85 photos, 197 members
- Boing Boing 115,084 photos, 5,263 members
- Urban Omnibus 82 photos, 59 members
- Fire Island, Long Island New York 2,099 photos, 130 members
- Fire Island Beaches and Towns, Long Island New York 1,288 photos, 100 members
- Mascaron 1,657 photos, 40 members
- Pennsylvania: Its Other Cities, Towns and Villages 13,642 photos, 372 members
- Pennsylvania State & County Fairs 314 photos, 14 members
- County Fair 8,246 photos, 581 members
- Owls in architecture 583 photos, 64 members
- East Village NYC 7,306 photos, 455 members
- Jim Power, The Mosaic Man 30 photos, 12 members
- Celebrating Weird New York 12,193 photos, 2,082 members
- Medieval NYC 5,317 photos, 378 members
- Streetlife 207,686 photos, 3,958 members
- squirrels 72,596 photos, 10,150 members
- Animali metropolitani / Urban Animals 2,851 photos, 430 members
- Farmers' Market 11,493 photos, 1,165 members
- Union Square, NYC 3,577 photos, 1,102 members
- Antony Gormley 13,229 photos, 1,905 members
- Rain 41,396 photos, 9,602 members
- Rain in the city... and in the country 26,573 photos, 5,680 members
- Richmond upon Thames 7,852 photos, 286 members
- London Rain 981 photos, 127 members
- SOUTHBANK 2,464 photos, 201 members
- South Bank Snaps 1,899 photos, 179 members
- Your Carousel Shots 1,752 photos, 1,305 members
- Funfairs, Fairgrounds and Circuses 33,633 photos, 4,651 members
- Sugary Sweetness 26,352 photos, 1,414 members
- Standing Stones 8,884 photos, 1,750 members
- Friends of the High Line 24,370 photos, 2,288 members
- High Line Park 4,311 photos, 438 members
- Guardian Camera Club 26,585 photos, 13,097 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,159 photos, 18,686 members
- New York History 5,932 photos, 552 members
- CANDY FACTORY - NYC 522 photos, 55 members
- openhousenewyork 3,081 photos, 271 members
- flaneur 33,485 photos, 689 members
- CRAFT Crochet-Along 92 photos, 190 members
- Superior Sewing Machines 45 photos, 9 members
- Colour Chart 3,259 photos, 2,005 members
- Colouring Kompetition Sketch Exchange 78 photos, 93 members
"Don't know why I never say much when I'm here, but I really like this photostream. And today Mr Overbite made me chuckle. The bloke is amusing."
April 25th, 2006
O Caritas says:
"Nick's photos are like an anthropological study of New York City, or wherever he happens to be at any given moment. Whether it be a billboard, one of his meals, a buddhist shrine or other remnants of civilization (often recorded as a square circle!), his photographs speak of life in the big city -- its charms and its absurdities."
April 23rd, 2006
Runs With Scissors says:
"Why does it seem like half of Flickr is drawn to Niz's images?
Through his images reminds us there's always an image to be captured. It can be on a desk, the ground, a puddle, the sidewalk or a wall...
Obviously Niznoz has helped to define what Flcikr is about and has influenced others to follow."
April 23rd, 2006
"Poor niz, living with the hard-drinking, wild-living, heavy partying Alphonse! Where he finds the time to take all those incredible photos, I'll never know.
He also does a superb walking tour of NYC graffiti..."
July 18th, 2005
- Nicholas Noyes
- September 2004
- New York -- for the most part.
- I am: