Although I have retained all rights to most of my photographs, if there is one you want to use let me know. I'll probably be happy to let you use it.
As well as ghostvision to which I try and post a photograph every
day week or so, occasionally I combine a photograph and some writing on Walk: slow blog.
Music I've enjoyed includes: Os Mutantes, Saint Etienne, Jorge Ben, Carter Family, Johnny Cash, Lee Hazlewood, Lee Perry, Alasdair Roberts, The Undertones, Charles Trenet, Serge Gainsbourg, Brian Wilson, The Buzzcocks, France Gall, Caetano Veloso, Duke Ellington, A Certain Ratio, Jacques Brel, Tom Waits, Nino Rota, Scott Walker, Young Marble Giants, Horace Andy, The Wayfarers, Calexico, April March, The Fall, Mo-dettes, Keren Ann, The Monochrome Set, Richard Thompson, Fairport Convention, Howling Wolf, The Congos, Funkadelic, Orange Juice, Aztec Camera, Can, Gram Parsons, Hi-Posi, Lio, Lizzy Mercier Descloux, Louis Prima, Ry Cooder, The Monkees, Parliment, Pere Ubu, Stereolab, Jack Nitzsche, Anna Domino, Scott Walker, hi posi, delta 5, The Raincoats.
Films I have enjoyed include: Playtime, Don't shoot the Piano Player, Mean Streets, Dr Mabuse, M, The Mouse that Roared, Passport to Pimlico, The Belles of St. Trinians, Philadelphia Story, It happened One Night, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Billy Liar, The Third Man, The Comedians, Under the Volcano, Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia, Tampopo, Modesty Blaise, Withnail and I, King of Hearts, Pickpocket, Jules and Jim, The Battle of Algiers, Mean Streets, Robinson in Space, The Bicycle Thief.
Things I enjoy: uh, photography and other art, museum, gallery and street, literature, time periods other than our own, "The City", the history of popular culture, reading, cuisine and culture, restaurants but not so much "fancy" restaurants, music, poisonous desert creatures, pack behavior, shoes, and cheese. It would probably be wrong to say I enjoy writing, but I enjoy having written.
Photos of niznoz (5)
- NIKON - CANON - SONY 2,155 photos, 626 members
- Project Weather 568,249 photos, 84,233 members
- #Flickr10 7,757 photos, 2,782 members
- TRAVEL&LANDESCAPE 65,770 photos, 3,858 members
- Flickr CPR 9,136 photos, 573 members
- The Red Eye 2,102 photos, 209 members
- London Cafés and Restaurants 8,135 photos, 1,263 members
- The Artist Interview Nook 85 photos, 199 members
- Boing Boing 112,344 photos, 5,261 members
- Urban Omnibus 80 photos, 59 members
- Fire Island, Long Island New York 2,068 photos, 129 members
- Fire Island Beaches and Towns, Long Island New York 1,251 photos, 97 members
- Mascaron 1,614 photos, 40 members
- Pennsylvania: Its Other Cities, Towns and Villages 13,310 photos, 370 members
- Pennsylvania State & County Fairs 151 photos, 14 members
- County Fair 7,609 photos, 577 members
- Owls in architecture 579 photos, 64 members
- East Village NYC 7,288 photos, 453 members
- Jim Power, The Mosaic Man 30 photos, 12 members
- Celebrating Weird New York 12,205 photos, 2,080 members
- Medieval NYC 5,355 photos, 378 members
- Streetlife 198,298 photos, 3,850 members
- squirrels 72,069 photos, 10,110 members
- Animali metropolitani / Urban Animals 2,773 photos, 414 members
- Farmers' Market 11,296 photos, 1,159 members
- Union Square, NYC 3,562 photos, 1,099 members
- Antony Gormley 12,986 photos, 1,893 members
- Rain 40,948 photos, 9,535 members
- Rain in the city... and in the country 26,299 photos, 5,642 members
- Richmond upon Thames 8,029 photos, 286 members
- London Rain 967 photos, 125 members
- SOUTHBANK 2,445 photos, 198 members
- South Bank Snaps 1,907 photos, 179 members
- Your Carousel Shots 1,688 photos, 1,289 members
- Funfairs, Fairgrounds and Circuses 33,140 photos, 4,610 members
- Sugary Sweetness 26,276 photos, 1,409 members
- Standing Stones 8,710 photos, 1,733 members
- Friends of the High Line 23,807 photos, 2,263 members
- High Line Park 4,244 photos, 434 members
- Guardian Camera Club 26,596 photos, 13,124 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,197 photos, 18,745 members
- New York History 5,730 photos, 525 members
- CANDY FACTORY - NYC 522 photos, 54 members
- openhousenewyork 3,083 photos, 275 members
- flaneur 31,971 photos, 670 members
- CRAFT Crochet-Along 92 photos, 189 members
- Superior Sewing Machines 45 photos, 9 members
- Colour Chart 3,264 photos, 2,008 members
- Colouring Kompetition Sketch Exchange 78 photos, 93 members
- The Eastern Shore of Maryland & Virginia 8,031 photos, 626 members
"Don't know why I never say much when I'm here, but I really like this photostream. And today Mr Overbite made me chuckle. The bloke is amusing."
April 25th, 2006
O Caritas says:
"Nick's photos are like an anthropological study of New York City, or wherever he happens to be at any given moment. Whether it be a billboard, one of his meals, a buddhist shrine or other remnants of civilization (often recorded as a square circle!), his photographs speak of life in the big city -- its charms and its absurdities."
April 23rd, 2006
Runs With Scissors says:
"Why does it seem like half of Flickr is drawn to Niz's images?
Through his images reminds us there's always an image to be captured. It can be on a desk, the ground, a puddle, the sidewalk or a wall...
Obviously Niznoz has helped to define what Flcikr is about and has influenced others to follow."
April 23rd, 2006
"Poor niz, living with the hard-drinking, wild-living, heavy partying Alphonse! Where he finds the time to take all those incredible photos, I'll never know.
He also does a superb walking tour of NYC graffiti..."
July 18th, 2005
- Nicholas Noyes
- September 2004
- New York -- for the most part.
- I am: