Although I have retained all rights to most of my photographs, if there is one you want to use let me know. I'll probably be happy to let you use it.
As well as ghostvision to which I try and post a photograph every
day week or so, occasionally I combine a photograph and some writing on Walk: slow blog.
Music I've enjoyed includes: Os Mutantes, Saint Etienne, Jorge Ben, Carter Family, Johnny Cash, Lee Hazlewood, Lee Perry, Alasdair Roberts, The Undertones, Charles Trenet, Serge Gainsbourg, Brian Wilson, The Buzzcocks, France Gall, Caetano Veloso, Duke Ellington, A Certain Ratio, Jacques Brel, Tom Waits, Nino Rota, Scott Walker, Young Marble Giants, Horace Andy, The Wayfarers, Calexico, April March, The Fall, Mo-dettes, Keren Ann, The Monochrome Set, Richard Thompson, Fairport Convention, Howling Wolf, The Congos, Funkadelic, Orange Juice, Aztec Camera, Can, Gram Parsons, Hi-Posi, Lio, Lizzy Mercier Descloux, Louis Prima, Ry Cooder, The Monkees, Parliment, Pere Ubu, Stereolab, Jack Nitzsche, Anna Domino, Scott Walker, hi posi, delta 5, The Raincoats.
Films I have enjoyed include: Playtime, Don't shoot the Piano Player, Mean Streets, Dr Mabuse, M, The Mouse that Roared, Passport to Pimlico, The Belles of St. Trinians, Philadelphia Story, It happened One Night, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Billy Liar, The Third Man, The Comedians, Under the Volcano, Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia, Tampopo, Modesty Blaise, Withnail and I, King of Hearts, Pickpocket, Jules and Jim, The Battle of Algiers, Mean Streets, Robinson in Space, The Bicycle Thief.
Things I enjoy: uh, photography and other art, museum, gallery and street, literature, time periods other than our own, "The City", the history of popular culture, reading, cuisine and culture, restaurants but not so much "fancy" restaurants, music, poisonous desert creatures, pack behavior, shoes, and cheese. It would probably be wrong to say I enjoy writing, but I enjoy having written.
Photos of niznoz (5)
- #Flickr10 8,206 photos, 1,677 members
- TRAVEL&LANDESCAPE 24,689 photos, 1,463 members
- Flickr CPR 7,106 photos, 571 members
- The Red Eye 2,090 photos, 221 members
- London Cafés and Restaurants 6,330 photos, 1,092 members
- The Artist Interview Nook 89 photos, 204 members
- Boing Boing 88,286 photos, 4,921 members
- Urban Omnibus 79 photos, 59 members
- Fire Island, Long Island New York 1,922 photos, 123 members
- Fire Island Beaches and Towns, Long Island New York 1,097 photos, 88 members
- Mascaron 1,450 photos, 34 members
- Pennsylvania: Its Other Cities, Towns and Villages 11,577 photos, 315 members
- Pennsylvania State & County Fairs 81 photos, 11 members
- County Fair 7,100 photos, 558 members
- Owls in architecture 487 photos, 51 members
- East Village NYC 7,426 photos, 440 members
- Jim Power, The Mosaic Man 30 photos, 12 members
- Celebrating Weird New York 12,502 photos, 2,078 members
- Medieval NYC 5,197 photos, 371 members
- IVDS - Idly Vada Dosa Sambar 185 photos, 63 members
- Streetlife 135,897 photos, 3,046 members
- squirrels 67,781 photos, 9,837 members
- Animali metropolitani / Urban Animals 1,770 photos, 324 members
- Farmers' Market 10,543 photos, 1,126 members
- Union Square, NYC 3,515 photos, 1,101 members
- Antony Gormley 12,036 photos, 1,851 members
- Rain 37,905 photos, 9,238 members
- Rain in the city... and in the country 24,221 photos, 5,477 members
- Richmond upon Thames 6,929 photos, 261 members
- London Rain 905 photos, 124 members
- SOUTHBANK 2,105 photos, 193 members
- South Bank Snaps 1,950 photos, 177 members
- Your Carousel Shots 1,186 photos, 1,202 members
- Funfairs, Fairgrounds and Circuses 30,851 photos, 4,425 members
- Sugary Sweetness 24,819 photos, 1,390 members
- Standing Stones 8,123 photos, 1,663 members
- Friends of the High Line 20,528 photos, 2,082 members
- High Line Park 3,777 photos, 395 members
- Guardian Camera Club 27,748 photos, 13,307 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,497 photos, 19,124 members
- New York History 4,623 photos, 364 members
- CANDY FACTORY - NYC 431 photos, 48 members
- openhousenewyork 2,944 photos, 276 members
- flaneur 25,009 photos, 605 members
- CRAFT Crochet-Along 92 photos, 183 members
- Superior Sewing Machines 46 photos, 10 members
- Colour Chart 3,316 photos, 2,034 members
- Colouring Kompetition Sketch Exchange 97 photos, 94 members
- The Eastern Shore of Maryland & Virginia 7,259 photos, 598 members
- The City as the subject 4,509 photos, 212 members
"Don't know why I never say much when I'm here, but I really like this photostream. And today Mr Overbite made me chuckle. The bloke is amusing."
25th April, 2006
O Caritas says:
"Nick's photos are like an anthropological study of New York City, or wherever he happens to be at any given moment. Whether it be a billboard, one of his meals, a buddhist shrine or other remnants of civilization (often recorded as a square circle!), his photographs speak of life in the big city -- its charms and its absurdities."
23rd April, 2006
Runs With Scissors says:
"Why does it seem like half of Flickr is drawn to Niz's images?
Through his images reminds us there's always an image to be captured. It can be on a desk, the ground, a puddle, the sidewalk or a wall...
Obviously Niznoz has helped to define what Flcikr is about and has influenced others to follow."
23rd April, 2006
"Poor niz, living with the hard-drinking, wild-living, heavy partying Alphonse! Where he finds the time to take all those incredible photos, I'll never know.
He also does a superb walking tour of NYC graffiti..."
18th July, 2005
- Nicholas Noyes
- September 2004
- New York -- for the most part.
- I am: