Although I have retained all rights to most of my photographs, if there is one you want to use let me know. I'll probably be happy to let you use it.
As well as ghostvision to which I try and post a photograph every
day week or so, occasionally I combine a photograph and some writing on Walk: slow blog.
Music I've enjoyed includes: Os Mutantes, Saint Etienne, Jorge Ben, Carter Family, Johnny Cash, Lee Hazlewood, Lee Perry, Alasdair Roberts, The Undertones, Charles Trenet, Serge Gainsbourg, Brian Wilson, The Buzzcocks, France Gall, Caetano Veloso, Duke Ellington, A Certain Ratio, Jacques Brel, Tom Waits, Nino Rota, Scott Walker, Young Marble Giants, Horace Andy, The Wayfarers, Calexico, April March, The Fall, Mo-dettes, Keren Ann, The Monochrome Set, Richard Thompson, Fairport Convention, Howling Wolf, The Congos, Funkadelic, Orange Juice, Aztec Camera, Can, Gram Parsons, Hi-Posi, Lio, Lizzy Mercier Descloux, Louis Prima, Ry Cooder, The Monkees, Parliment, Pere Ubu, Stereolab, Jack Nitzsche, Anna Domino, Scott Walker, hi posi, delta 5, The Raincoats.
Films I have enjoyed include: Playtime, Don't shoot the Piano Player, Mean Streets, Dr Mabuse, M, The Mouse that Roared, Passport to Pimlico, The Belles of St. Trinians, Philadelphia Story, It happened One Night, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Billy Liar, The Third Man, The Comedians, Under the Volcano, Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia, Tampopo, Modesty Blaise, Withnail and I, King of Hearts, Pickpocket, Jules and Jim, The Battle of Algiers, Mean Streets, Robinson in Space, The Bicycle Thief.
Things I enjoy: uh, photography and other art, museum, gallery and street, literature, time periods other than our own, "The City", the history of popular culture, reading, cuisine and culture, restaurants but not so much "fancy" restaurants, music, poisonous desert creatures, pack behavior, shoes, and cheese. It would probably be wrong to say I enjoy writing, but I enjoy having written.
Photos of niznoz (5)
- Ogunquit Maine 772 photos, 56 members
- NIKON - CANON - SONY 31,710 photos, 1,121 members
- Project Weather 642,405 photos, 93,974 members
- #Flickr10 7,634 photos, 3,504 members
- TRAVEL&LANDESCAPE 82,073 photos, 5,183 members
- Flickr CPR 10,304 photos, 580 members
- The Red Eye 2,065 photos, 207 members
- London Cafés and Restaurants 9,115 photos, 1,319 members
- The Artist Interview Nook 81 photos, 190 members
- Boing Boing 128,170 photos, 5,270 members
- Urban Omnibus 83 photos, 59 members
- Fire Island, Long Island New York 2,156 photos, 134 members
- Fire Island Beaches and Towns, Long Island New York 1,376 photos, 107 members
- Mascaron 1,817 photos, 44 members
- Pennsylvania: Its Other Cities, Towns and Villages 15,008 photos, 405 members
- Pennsylvania State & County Fairs 327 photos, 18 members
- County Fair 8,477 photos, 585 members
- Owls in architecture 674 photos, 64 members
- East Village NYC 7,150 photos, 465 members
- Jim Power, The Mosaic Man 30 photos, 11 members
- Celebrating Weird New York 12,086 photos, 2,078 members
- Medieval NYC 4,793 photos, 382 members
- Streetlife 262,895 photos, 4,410 members
- squirrels 76,724 photos, 10,387 members
- Animali metropolitani / Urban Animals 3,660 photos, 502 members
- Farmers' Market 12,125 photos, 1,199 members
- Union Square, NYC 3,603 photos, 1,110 members
- Antony Gormley 13,523 photos, 1,936 members
- Rain 44,133 photos, 9,821 members
- Rain in the city... and in the country 28,544 photos, 5,848 members
- Richmond upon Thames 8,517 photos, 311 members
- London Rain 936 photos, 128 members
- SOUTHBANK 2,239 photos, 211 members
- South Bank Snaps 1,793 photos, 180 members
- Your Carousel Shots 1,849 photos, 1,347 members
- Funfairs, Fairgrounds and Circuses 35,234 photos, 4,825 members
- Sugary Sweetness 27,336 photos, 1,436 members
- Standing Stones 9,442 photos, 1,826 members
- Friends of the High Line 24,815 photos, 2,362 members
- High Line Park 4,383 photos, 467 members
- Guardian Camera Club 26,194 photos, 12,931 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,003 photos, 18,457 members
- New York History 6,757 photos, 703 members
- CANDY FACTORY - NYC 524 photos, 56 members
- openhousenewyork 2,837 photos, 280 members
- flaneur 40,828 photos, 747 members
- CRAFT Crochet-Along 92 photos, 194 members
- Superior Sewing Machines 45 photos, 9 members
- Colour Chart 3,242 photos, 1,998 members
- Colouring Kompetition Sketch Exchange 91 photos, 93 members
"Don't know why I never say much when I'm here, but I really like this photostream. And today Mr Overbite made me chuckle. The bloke is amusing."
April 25th, 2006
O Caritas says:
"Nick's photos are like an anthropological study of New York City, or wherever he happens to be at any given moment. Whether it be a billboard, one of his meals, a buddhist shrine or other remnants of civilization (often recorded as a square circle!), his photographs speak of life in the big city -- its charms and its absurdities."
April 23rd, 2006
Runs With Scissors says:
"Why does it seem like half of Flickr is drawn to Niz's images?
Through his images reminds us there's always an image to be captured. It can be on a desk, the ground, a puddle, the sidewalk or a wall...
Obviously Niznoz has helped to define what Flcikr is about and has influenced others to follow."
April 23rd, 2006
"Poor niz, living with the hard-drinking, wild-living, heavy partying Alphonse! Where he finds the time to take all those incredible photos, I'll never know.
He also does a superb walking tour of NYC graffiti..."
July 18th, 2005
- Nicholas Noyes
- September 2004
- New York -- for the most part.
- I am: