Although I have retained all rights to most of my photographs, if there is one you want to use let me know. I'll probably be happy to let you use it.
As well as ghostvision to which I try and post a photograph every
day week or so, occasionally I combine a photograph and some writing on Walk: slow blog.
Music I've enjoyed includes: Os Mutantes, Saint Etienne, Jorge Ben, Carter Family, Johnny Cash, Lee Hazlewood, Lee Perry, Alasdair Roberts, The Undertones, Charles Trenet, Serge Gainsbourg, Brian Wilson, The Buzzcocks, France Gall, Caetano Veloso, Duke Ellington, A Certain Ratio, Jacques Brel, Tom Waits, Nino Rota, Scott Walker, Young Marble Giants, Horace Andy, The Wayfarers, Calexico, April March, The Fall, Mo-dettes, Keren Ann, The Monochrome Set, Richard Thompson, Fairport Convention, Howling Wolf, The Congos, Funkadelic, Orange Juice, Aztec Camera, Can, Gram Parsons, Hi-Posi, Lio, Lizzy Mercier Descloux, Louis Prima, Ry Cooder, The Monkees, Parliment, Pere Ubu, Stereolab, Jack Nitzsche, Anna Domino, Scott Walker, hi posi, delta 5, The Raincoats.
Films I have enjoyed include: Playtime, Don't shoot the Piano Player, Mean Streets, Dr Mabuse, M, The Mouse that Roared, Passport to Pimlico, The Belles of St. Trinians, Philadelphia Story, It happened One Night, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Billy Liar, The Third Man, The Comedians, Under the Volcano, Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia, Tampopo, Modesty Blaise, Withnail and I, King of Hearts, Pickpocket, Jules and Jim, The Battle of Algiers, Mean Streets, Robinson in Space, The Bicycle Thief.
Things I enjoy: uh, photography and other art, museum, gallery and street, literature, time periods other than our own, "The City", the history of popular culture, reading, cuisine and culture, restaurants but not so much "fancy" restaurants, music, poisonous desert creatures, pack behavior, shoes, and cheese. It would probably be wrong to say I enjoy writing, but I enjoy having written.
Photos of niznoz (5)
- Ogunquit Maine 753 photos, 54 members
- NIKON - CANON - SONY 25,748 photos, 1,088 members
- Project Weather 645,114 photos, 93,686 members
- #Flickr10 7,669 photos, 3,394 members
- TRAVEL&LANDESCAPE 78,386 photos, 4,907 members
- Flickr CPR 10,125 photos, 583 members
- The Red Eye 2,107 photos, 207 members
- London Cafés and Restaurants 8,988 photos, 1,318 members
- The Artist Interview Nook 83 photos, 193 members
- Boing Boing 125,683 photos, 5,279 members
- Urban Omnibus 83 photos, 59 members
- Fire Island, Long Island New York 2,155 photos, 133 members
- Fire Island Beaches and Towns, Long Island New York 1,354 photos, 106 members
- Mascaron 1,793 photos, 44 members
- Pennsylvania: Its Other Cities, Towns and Villages 14,709 photos, 398 members
- Pennsylvania State & County Fairs 326 photos, 18 members
- County Fair 8,297 photos, 580 members
- Owls in architecture 652 photos, 66 members
- East Village NYC 7,117 photos, 463 members
- Jim Power, The Mosaic Man 30 photos, 12 members
- Celebrating Weird New York 12,161 photos, 2,077 members
- Medieval NYC 5,294 photos, 381 members
- Streetlife 250,205 photos, 4,337 members
- squirrels 76,040 photos, 10,350 members
- Animali metropolitani / Urban Animals 3,489 photos, 485 members
- Farmers' Market 11,885 photos, 1,193 members
- Union Square, NYC 3,586 photos, 1,108 members
- Antony Gormley 13,433 photos, 1,927 members
- Rain 43,618 photos, 9,795 members
- Rain in the city... and in the country 28,105 photos, 5,821 members
- Richmond upon Thames 8,406 photos, 310 members
- London Rain 969 photos, 130 members
- SOUTHBANK 2,602 photos, 207 members
- South Bank Snaps 1,898 photos, 180 members
- Your Carousel Shots 1,782 photos, 1,336 members
- Funfairs, Fairgrounds and Circuses 34,552 photos, 4,767 members
- Sugary Sweetness 27,210 photos, 1,430 members
- Standing Stones 9,320 photos, 1,815 members
- Friends of the High Line 24,791 photos, 2,349 members
- High Line Park 4,364 photos, 460 members
- Guardian Camera Club 26,348 photos, 12,980 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,034 photos, 18,514 members
- New York History 6,427 photos, 661 members
- CANDY FACTORY - NYC 523 photos, 56 members
- openhousenewyork 2,799 photos, 278 members
- flaneur 39,109 photos, 723 members
- CRAFT Crochet-Along 92 photos, 193 members
- Superior Sewing Machines 45 photos, 9 members
- Colour Chart 3,248 photos, 2,000 members
- Colouring Kompetition Sketch Exchange 86 photos, 93 members
"Don't know why I never say much when I'm here, but I really like this photostream. And today Mr Overbite made me chuckle. The bloke is amusing."
April 25th, 2006
O Caritas says:
"Nick's photos are like an anthropological study of New York City, or wherever he happens to be at any given moment. Whether it be a billboard, one of his meals, a buddhist shrine or other remnants of civilization (often recorded as a square circle!), his photographs speak of life in the big city -- its charms and its absurdities."
April 23rd, 2006
Runs With Scissors says:
"Why does it seem like half of Flickr is drawn to Niz's images?
Through his images reminds us there's always an image to be captured. It can be on a desk, the ground, a puddle, the sidewalk or a wall...
Obviously Niznoz has helped to define what Flcikr is about and has influenced others to follow."
April 23rd, 2006
"Poor niz, living with the hard-drinking, wild-living, heavy partying Alphonse! Where he finds the time to take all those incredible photos, I'll never know.
He also does a superb walking tour of NYC graffiti..."
July 18th, 2005
- Nicholas Noyes
- September 2004
- New York -- for the most part.
- I am: