The National Institutes of Health (NIH), a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the nation’s medical research agency—making important discoveries that improve health and save lives.
Thanks in large part to NIH-funded medical research, Americans today are living longer and healthier. Life expectancy in the United States has jumped from 47 years in 1900 to 78 years as reported in 2009, and disability in people over age 65 has dropped dramatically in the past 3 decades. In recent years, nationwide rates of new diagnoses and deaths from all cancers combined have fallen significantly.
The NIH Image Gallery on Flickr provides images that are free to use with credit.
Images are meant for use by the science and health community, the press that covers health and science, teachers and other educators in health and science and non-profit organizations that produce health and science information. It is not intended for commercial use.
If you are unable to find an image you are searching for, please feel free to contact email@example.com
Photos of National Institutes of Health (NIH) (1)
- Scanning Electron Microscopy / SEM 553 photos, 279 members
- Microscopy 14,106 photos, 1,312 members
- Laboratory 7,233 photos, 1,211 members
- The Art of Science 10,560 photos, 898 members
- Biomedical Sciences / Biomedicine 129 photos, 49 members
- American Cancer Society Relay For Life 2,051 photos, 81 members
- For The Love Of Science! 3,586 photos, 264 members
- Science in pictures 7,146 photos, 1,241 members
- Nanotechnology 386 photos, 166 members
- Medical Laboratory Science 147 photos, 45 members
- Science, Technology, History 77,883 photos, 1,746 members
- Science! 4,595 photos, 389 members
- Cells 98 photos, 7 members
National Institutes of Health (NIH) doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- NIH Image Gallery
- June 2015
- Washington, DC
- Bethesda, Maryland, USA
- Medical & Health Research
- The National Institutes of Health