© All rights reserved. Use of my images without permission is illegal. Unauthorized use, copy, editing, reproduction, publication, duplication and distribution of my photos, or any portion of them, is not allowed. If you wish to use any of my images for any reason or purpose please contact me for written permission.
I also have the view that if an image is worthy of being made a favourite then it must also be worthy of a comment; I would like to think others share that view too, sadly it seems many do not! The result is that I have started blocking the people who regularly favourite as many as 30 or more images at a time without commenting, especially those who have no images of their own to show on Flickr, you know who you are!
Do not add notes to the image body, or add your images in the comments stream, they will be deleted!
Just a note that all the images are displayed at full frame (uncropped) and unmanipulated unless otherwise noted in the captions underneath.
I really only shoot wild nature subjects, I don't have a problem with shots of captive species, I do have a few zoo shots on here; however for me there is little challenge or creative/achievement satisfaction to be gained from photographing subjects in captivity.
I have spent much of my working life as a visual effects technician / models and action-props maker in the movie industry, a job that I loved, but it has all but disappeared as a result of computer generated imaging (CGI).
When I first started work I spent my wages on a Zenith B camera, I wanted to get images of aircraft for reference when painting my model planes, it wasn't long before I was pointing it and my lenses at the birds in the garden; my photography passion was fired-up and has not waned since. The movie work meant i spent my days building models and the wildlife photography became a hobby that engulfed my spare time.
There are many subjects that I shoot now, but military jets and wild birds still are the subjects I am drawn to the most.
I had my first published image in March 1982 and have had thousands published (including 997 mag/book covers) since.
I have been semi pro since 1983 and full time photographer since 2005... I wish I'd turned pro long before!
Please enjoy viewing my work.
All images have been taken using Canon equipment.
Canon EOS 1Ds MkIII (X2) and EOS1Ds MkII (X1)
600mm f4 IS
300mm f2.8 IS
100mm f2.8 macro
70-200mm f2.8 IS
100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS
1.4X and 2X converters
several different extension tubes
and loads of other flashes, tripods, reflectors
home built remote/radio control with viewfinder video assist and various camera supports etc
Photos of Nigel Blake, 10 MILLION...Yay! Many thanks! (2)
Nigel Blake, 10 MILLION...Yay! Many thanks!'s favorite photos from other Flickr members (331)
- London Bridges 6,575 photos, 1,073 members
- dark london 350 photos, 41 members
- London: Dusk 'till Dawn 20,509 photos, 1,592 members
- British Photographers 2015 5,041 photos, 198 members
- BBC Springwatch (Official) 434,098 photos, 28,590 members
- Bae Eurofighter Typhoon EF2000 / EAP / DA's 6,685 photos, 332 members
- Artistic Aviation 5,248 photos, 395 members
- McDonnell Douglas MD-11 For Ever <3 2,589 photos, 594 members
- AFOTANDO (Post 1 / Award 3) 168,508 photos, 4,390 members
- Unofficial EDF London Eye Pro Group 389 photos, 44 members
- Blue Angels 9,296 photos, 703 members
- !!! BEST PICTURES ● MASTERPIECE (HQ only) 16,211 photos, 897 members
- Сover 140 photos, 26 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 652,346 photos, 39,152 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - See recent discussions! 34,999 photos, 3,477 members
- Cley-Next-The-Sea and Wiveton 329 photos, 41 members
- Aviation - Smoking Tires 3,686 photos, 289 members
- Nature Photography Critique 36 photos, 18 members
- All about World 173,903 photos, 2,456 members
- Airlines: FedEx Express [FX/FDX] 5,508 photos, 472 members
- FedEx Aviation Photography 4,019 photos, 408 members
- Cardington Bedfordshire 224 photos, 12 members
- RAF Red Arrows 11,892 photos, 1,194 members
- Aircraft: Strobe & Beacon 1,878 photos, 89 members
- Helicopter Database 12,658 photos, 229 members
- Best Nature Shot Of The Day 3,824 photos, 157 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 109,682 photos, 5,993 members
- Tra un Manifesto e Lo Specchio - High quality images 461,797 photos, 11,727 members
- Native Scottish Nature 1,227 photos, 99 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 68,896 photos, 6,409 members
- Dassault Falcon 7X 323 photos, 43 members
- Biz Jets : Gulfstream 12,580 photos, 491 members
- ALL RAF CONINGSBY OLD & NEW 8,467 photos, 144 members
- Aircraft: MD-11 7,156 photos, 616 members
- luton airport group 8,432 photos, 139 members
- BBC Autumnwatch (Official) 194,705 photos, 14,470 members
- Goodbye to the Harrier 437 photos, 49 members
- Top 20 Sunrises & Sunsets 15 photos, 132 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 908,725 photos, 62,767 members
- River Names of Britain 19,374 photos, 977 members
- Blue Tit 3,979 photos, 574 members
- Sawbridgeworth Photographers 173 photos, 18 members
- McDonnell Douglas C-17 3,650 photos, 493 members
- Animals Birds Insects and Plants Group 3,992 photos, 48 members
- stansted airport group 4,129 photos, 118 members
- Firework Mutants 11,672 photos, 2,186 members
- The British Airways (BAW/BA) Archive. 10,964 photos, 231 members
- Songbirds of the World! The Passerines (Passeres) 11,343 photos, 350 members
- Firework crew 24,744 photos, 4,079 members
- Selective Colour. 2,255 photos, 254 members
Nigel Blake, 10 MILLION...Yay! Many thanks! doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Nigel Blake
- March 2008
- Hertfordshire, UK
- I am:
- Male and Single