© All rights reserved. Use of my images without permission is illegal. Unauthorized use, copy, editing, reproduction, publication, duplication and distribution of my photos, or any portion of them, is not allowed. If you wish to use any of my images for any reason or purpose please contact me for written permission.
I also have the view that if an image is worthy of being made a favourite then it must also be worthy of a comment; I would like to think others share that view too, sadly it seems many do not! The result is that I have started blocking the people who regularly favourite as many as 30 or more images at a time without commenting, especially those who have no images of their own to show on Flickr, you know who you are!
Do not add notes to the image body, or add your images in the comments stream, they will be deleted!
Just a note that all the images are displayed at full frame (uncropped) and unmanipulated unless otherwise noted in the captions underneath.
I really only shoot wild nature subjects, I don't have a problem with shots of captive species, I do have a few zoo shots on here; however for me there is little challenge or creative/achievement satisfaction to be gained from photographing subjects in captivity.
I have spent much of my working life as a visual effects technician / models and action-props maker in the movie industry, a job that I loved, but it has all but disappeared as a result of computer generated imaging (CGI).
When I first started work I spent my wages on a Zenith B camera, I wanted to get images of aircraft for reference when painting my model planes, it wasn't long before I was pointing it and my lenses at the birds in the garden; my photography passion was fired-up and has not waned since. The movie work meant i spent my days building models and the wildlife photography became a hobby that engulfed my spare time.
There are many subjects that I shoot now, but military jets and wild birds still are the subjects I am drawn to the most.
I had my first published image in March 1982 and have had thousands published (including 997 mag/book covers) since.
I have been semi pro since 1983 and full time photographer since 2005... I wish I'd turned pro long before!
Please enjoy viewing my work.
All images have been taken using Canon equipment.
Canon EOS 7D MkII (X 2)
Canon EOS 1Ds MkIII (X2) and EOS1Ds MkII (X1)
600mm f4 IS
100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS MkII
100mm f2.8 macro
70-200mm f2.8 IS
1.4X and 2X converters
several different extension tubes
and loads of other flashes, tripods, reflectors
home built remote/radio control with viewfinder video assist and various camera supports etc
Photos of Nigel Blake, 13 MILLION...Yay! Many thanks! (2)
Nigel Blake, 13 MILLION...Yay! Many thanks!'s favorite photos from other Flickr members (493)
- Night Landscape Photography 13,921 photos, 1,560 members
- *Central London* 16,963 photos, 225 members
- Aircraft Alabama ANG 30 photos, 35 members
- Mikoyan MiG-29 3,037 photos, 380 members
- UK Steam and Vintage Rallies 28,085 photos, 404 members
- AirSpotters.org 4,128 photos, 129 members
- Circle B Bar Reserve 38,249 photos, 506 members
- Absolute no limit: Aviation 111,092 photos, 676 members
- AviationNet Elite Photography 882 photos, 34 members
- The Fog and The Rain 11,220 photos, 1,137 members
- Owls (Wild Only) 12,632 photos, 1,327 members
- red and white aircraft 11,212 photos, 452 members
- London Bridges 7,277 photos, 1,135 members
- dark london 571 photos, 52 members
- London: Dusk 'till Dawn 25,841 photos, 1,895 members
- British Photographers 2015 8,920 photos, 267 members
- BBC Springwatch (Official) 556,323 photos, 32,164 members
- Eurofighter Typhoon (Fastest Growing Typhoon Group) 13,251 photos, 617 members
- Artistic Aviation 8,306 photos, 598 members
- McDonnell Douglas MD-11 For Ever <3 3,630 photos, 661 members
- Unofficial Coca Cola London Eye Pro Group 431 photos, 50 members
- Blue Angels 10,641 photos, 751 members
- !!! BEST PICTURES ● MASTERPIECE (HQ only) 17,910 photos, 1,337 members
- Сover 148 photos, 26 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 760,907 photos, 42,919 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - See recent discussions! 42,244 photos, 4,016 members
- Cley-Next-The-Sea and Wiveton 593 photos, 53 members
- Aviation - Smoking Tires 4,306 photos, 313 members
- Nature Photography Critique 36 photos, 17 members
- All about World 196,370 photos, 2,416 members
- Airlines: FedEx Express [FX/FDX] 6,513 photos, 578 members
- FedEx Aviation Photography 4,784 photos, 477 members
- Cardington Bedfordshire 254 photos, 16 members
- RAF Red Arrows 15,123 photos, 1,435 members
- Aircraft: Strobe & Beacon 2,671 photos, 103 members
- Helicopter Database 18,454 photos, 334 members
- Best Nature Shot Of The Day 5,565 photos, 200 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 130,640 photos, 6,388 members
- Tra un Manifesto e Lo Specchio - High quality images 576,073 photos, 12,276 members
- Native Scottish Nature 1,225 photos, 118 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 98,993 photos, 7,301 members
- Dassault Falcon 7X 533 photos, 67 members
- Biz Jets : Gulfstream 17,300 photos, 570 members
- ALL RAF CONINGSBY OLD & NEW 11,926 photos, 216 members
- Aircraft: MD-11 8,602 photos, 715 members
- luton airport group 11,766 photos, 162 members
- BBC Autumnwatch (Official) 224,830 photos, 16,240 members
- Goodbye to the Harrier 477 photos, 58 members
- Top 20 Sunrises & Sunsets 21 photos, 147 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 1,049,398 photos, 67,728 members
Nigel Blake, 13 MILLION...Yay! Many thanks! doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Nigel Blake
- March 2008
- Hertfordshire, UK
- I am:
- Male and Single