© All rights reserved. Use of my images without permission is illegal. Unauthorized use, copy, editing, reproduction, publication, duplication and distribution of my photos, or any portion of them, is not allowed. If you wish to use any of my images for any reason or purpose please contact me for written permission.
I also have the view that if an image is worthy of being made a favourite then it must also be worthy of a comment; I would like to think others share that view too, sadly it seems many do not! The result is that I have started blocking the people who regularly favourite as many as 30 or more images at a time without commenting, especially those who have no images of their own to show on Flickr, you know who you are!
Do not add notes to the image body, or add your images in the comments stream, they will be deleted!
Just a note that all the images are displayed at full frame (uncropped) and unmanipulated unless otherwise noted in the captions underneath.
I really only shoot wild nature subjects, I don't have a problem with shots of captive species, I do have a few zoo shots on here; however for me there is little challenge or creative/achievement satisfaction to be gained from photographing subjects in captivity.
I have spent much of my working life as a visual effects technician / models and action-props maker in the movie industry, a job that I loved, but it has all but disappeared as a result of computer generated imaging (CGI).
When I first started work I spent my wages on a Zenith B camera, I wanted to get images of aircraft for reference when painting my model planes, it wasn't long before I was pointing it and my lenses at the birds in the garden; my photography passion was fired-up and has not waned since. The movie work meant i spent my days building models and the wildlife photography became a hobby that engulfed my spare time.
There are many subjects that I shoot now, but military jets and wild birds still are the subjects I am drawn to the most.
I had my first published image in March 1982 and have had thousands published (including 997 mag/book covers) since.
I have been semi pro since 1983 and full time photographer since 2005... I wish I'd turned pro long before!
Please enjoy viewing my work.
All images have been taken using Canon equipment.
Canon EOS 7D MkII (X 2)
Canon EOS 1Ds MkIII (X2) and EOS1Ds MkII (X1)
600mm f4 IS
100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS MkII
100mm f2.8 macro
70-200mm f2.8 IS
1.4X and 2X converters
several different extension tubes
and loads of other flashes, tripods, reflectors
home built remote/radio control with viewfinder video assist and various camera supports etc
Photos of Nigel Blake, 13 MILLION...Yay! Many thanks! (2)
Nigel Blake, 13 MILLION...Yay! Many thanks!'s favorite photos from other Flickr members (451)
- Mikoyan MiG-29 2,825 photos, 358 members
- UK Steam and Vintage Rallies 25,885 photos, 390 members
- AirSpotters.org 2,397 photos, 98 members
- Circle B Bar Reserve 35,130 photos, 487 members
- Absolute no limit: Aviation 58,125 photos, 572 members
- AviationNet Elite Photography 530 photos, 26 members
- The Fog and The Rain 9,363 photos, 1,071 members
- Owls (Wild Only) 10,251 photos, 1,101 members
- red and white aircraft 9,488 photos, 452 members
- London Bridges 7,162 photos, 1,120 members
- dark london 541 photos, 50 members
- London: Dusk 'till Dawn 24,578 photos, 1,833 members
- British Photographers 2015 9,080 photos, 270 members
- BBC Springwatch (Official) 535,252 photos, 31,643 members
- Eurofighter Typhoon (Fastest Growing Eurofighter Group) 11,038 photos, 511 members
- Artistic Aviation 7,285 photos, 532 members
- McDonnell Douglas MD-11 For Ever <3 3,198 photos, 638 members
- AFOTANDO (Post 1 / Award 3) 192,009 photos, 4,744 members
- Unofficial Coca Cola London Eye Pro Group 447 photos, 50 members
- Blue Angels 10,123 photos, 731 members
- !!! BEST PICTURES ● MASTERPIECE (HQ only) 17,028 photos, 1,183 members
- Сover 146 photos, 26 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 729,453 photos, 41,825 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - See recent discussions! 39,929 photos, 3,866 members
- Cley-Next-The-Sea and Wiveton 565 photos, 49 members
- Aviation - Smoking Tires 4,316 photos, 307 members
- Nature Photography Critique 36 photos, 17 members
- All about World 190,103 photos, 2,433 members
- Airlines: FedEx Express [FX/FDX] 6,236 photos, 537 members
- FedEx Aviation Photography 4,596 photos, 450 members
- Cardington Bedfordshire 228 photos, 12 members
- RAF Red Arrows 14,014 photos, 1,338 members
- Aircraft: Strobe & Beacon 2,433 photos, 99 members
- Helicopter Database 16,360 photos, 300 members
- Best Nature Shot Of The Day 5,008 photos, 191 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 123,701 photos, 6,303 members
- Tra un Manifesto e Lo Specchio - High quality images 541,506 photos, 12,215 members
- Native Scottish Nature 1,227 photos, 111 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 90,543 photos, 7,087 members
- Dassault Falcon 7X 484 photos, 60 members
- Biz Jets : Gulfstream 16,169 photos, 538 members
- ALL RAF CONINGSBY OLD & NEW 10,822 photos, 196 members
- Aircraft: MD-11 8,209 photos, 681 members
- luton airport group 10,680 photos, 152 members
- BBC Autumnwatch (Official) 227,034 photos, 16,007 members
- Goodbye to the Harrier 471 photos, 58 members
- Top 20 Sunrises & Sunsets 18 photos, 142 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 1,005,276 photos, 66,169 members
- River Names of Britain 21,100 photos, 1,067 members
- Blue Tit 4,676 photos, 644 members
Nigel Blake, 13 MILLION...Yay! Many thanks! doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Nigel Blake
- March 2008
- Hertfordshire, UK
- I am:
- Male and Single