© All rights reserved. Use of my images without permission is illegal. Unauthorized use, copy, editing, reproduction, publication, duplication and distribution of my photos, or any portion of them, is not allowed. If you wish to use any of my images for any reason or purpose please contact me for written permission.
I also have the view that if an image is worthy of being made a favourite then it must also be worthy of a comment; I would like to think others share that view too, sadly it seems many do not! The result is that I have started blocking the people who regularly favourite as many as 30 or more images at a time without commenting, especially those who have no images of their own to show on Flickr, you know who you are!
Do not add notes to the image body, or add your images in the comments stream, they will be deleted!
Just a note that all the images are displayed at full frame (uncropped) and unmanipulated unless otherwise noted in the captions underneath.
I really only shoot wild nature subjects, I don't have a problem with shots of captive species, I do have a few zoo shots on here; however for me there is little challenge or creative/achievement satisfaction to be gained from photographing subjects in captivity.
I have spent much of my working life as a visual effects technician / models and action-props maker in the movie industry, a job that I loved, but it has all but disappeared as a result of computer generated imaging (CGI).
When I first started work I spent my wages on a Zenith B camera, I wanted to get images of aircraft for reference when painting my model planes, it wasn't long before I was pointing it and my lenses at the birds in the garden; my photography passion was fired-up and has not waned since. The movie work meant i spent my days building models and the wildlife photography became a hobby that engulfed my spare time.
There are many subjects that I shoot now, but military jets and wild birds still are the subjects I am drawn to the most.
I had my first published image in March 1982 and have had thousands published (including 997 mag/book covers) since.
I have been semi pro since 1983 and full time photographer since 2005... I wish I'd turned pro long before!
Please enjoy viewing my work.
All images have been taken using Canon equipment.
Canon EOS 1Ds MkIII (X2) and EOS1Ds MkII (X1)
600mm f4 IS
300mm f2.8 IS
100mm f2.8 macro
70-200mm f2.8 IS
100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS
1.4X and 2X converters
several different extension tubes
and loads of other flashes, tripods, reflectors
home built remote/radio control with viewfinder video assist and various camera supports etc
Photos of Nigel Blake, 10 MILLION...Yay! Many thanks! (2)
Nigel Blake, 10 MILLION...Yay! Many thanks!'s favorite photos from other Flickr members (314)
- London Bridges 6,429 photos, 1,065 members
- dark london 329 photos, 41 members
- London: Dusk 'till Dawn 19,895 photos, 1,549 members
- British Photographers 2015 3,275 photos, 163 members
- BBC Springwatch (Official) 435,127 photos, 28,559 members
- Bae Eurofighter Typhoon EF2000 / EAP / DA's 6,302 photos, 310 members
- Artistic Aviation 4,755 photos, 363 members
- McDonnell Douglas MD-11 For Ever <3 2,518 photos, 583 members
- AFOTANDO (Post 1 / Award 3) 166,117 photos, 4,329 members
- Unofficial EDF London Eye Pro Group 383 photos, 43 members
- Blue Angels 9,111 photos, 686 members
- !!! BEST PICTURES ● MASTERPIECE (HQ only) 16,088 photos, 861 members
- Сover 138 photos, 26 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 641,647 photos, 38,674 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - See recent discussions! 34,383 photos, 3,434 members
- Cley-Next-The-Sea and Wiveton 317 photos, 41 members
- Aviation - Smoking Tires 3,581 photos, 278 members
- Nature Photography Critique 36 photos, 18 members
- All about World 172,045 photos, 2,449 members
- Airlines: FedEx Express [FX/FDX] 5,418 photos, 460 members
- FedEx Aviation Photography 3,957 photos, 402 members
- Cardington Bedfordshire 223 photos, 12 members
- RAF Red Arrows 10,971 photos, 1,134 members
- Aircraft: Strobe & Beacon 1,830 photos, 85 members
- Helicopter Database 12,200 photos, 222 members
- Best Nature Shot Of The Day 3,658 photos, 148 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 108,651 photos, 5,935 members
- Tra un Manifesto e Lo Specchio - High quality images 450,107 photos, 11,665 members
- Native Scottish Nature 1,233 photos, 97 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 65,687 photos, 6,289 members
- Dassault Falcon 7X 303 photos, 40 members
- Biz Jets : Gulfstream 12,090 photos, 485 members
- ALL RAF CONINGSBY OLD & NEW 8,048 photos, 134 members
- Aircraft: MD-11 7,047 photos, 600 members
- luton airport group 8,043 photos, 134 members
- BBC Autumnwatch (Official) 181,280 photos, 14,027 members
- Goodbye to the Harrier 435 photos, 50 members
- Top 20 Sunrises & Sunsets 16 photos, 132 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 894,634 photos, 62,162 members
- River Names of Britain 19,204 photos, 969 members
- Blue Tit 3,907 photos, 572 members
- Sawbridgeworth Photographers 173 photos, 18 members
- McDonnell Douglas C-17 3,616 photos, 489 members
- Animals Birds Insects and Plants Group 3,894 photos, 49 members
- stansted airport group 3,870 photos, 116 members
- Firework Mutants 11,254 photos, 2,158 members
- The British Airways (BAW/BA) Archive. 10,808 photos, 227 members
- Songbirds of the World! The Passerines (Passeres) 11,032 photos, 346 members
- Firework crew 24,222 photos, 4,006 members
- Selective Colour. 2,146 photos, 233 members
Nigel Blake, 10 MILLION...Yay! Many thanks! doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Nigel Blake
- March 2008
- Hertfordshire, UK
- I am:
- Male and Single