We live in Seattle. We love the mountains and enjoy camping with the family. We lived in Beijing for 18 months from Feb 2011 to Aug of 2012.
I am photographer. I've been at it long enough that I finally feel comfortable wearing the title. But I've still got miles and miles to go before I am there.
I have a lot of other activities going on. I am a guy who loves his family and loves the outdoors. Along the way I attempt to capture the best moments.
If you add me as a contact, I'll add you back. I generally only get time to view my friends photos with the busy lives we all have.
My Photo Blog
Each month I curate my fav photos and then compile them each year : 2016 and
The idea that photographs hand us an objective piece of reality, that they by themselves provide us with the truth, is an idea that has been with us since the beginnings of photography. But photographs are neither true nor false in and of themselves. They are only true or false with respect to statements that we make about them or the questions that we might ask of them.
The photograph doesn’t give me answers. A lot of additional investigation could provide those answers, but who has time for that?
Pictures may be worth a thousand words, but there are two words that you can never apply to them: “true” and “false.”
- Photography.World 20,805 photos, 547 members
- Franka Cameras 2,262 photos, 314 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,216 photos, 43,768 members
- Click(On) 9,121 photos, 1,383 members
- I Hike. See Me? (Hiking selfies) 707 photos, 30 members
- Alpha A7 A7R 14,605 photos, 495 members
- Naturalight 26,735 photos, 1,500 members
- GREAT PANOS 51,214 photos, 3,586 members
- Amazon PhotoGS 368 photos, 69 members
- Project Weather 641,700 photos, 94,034 members
- ONDU Pinhole 1,107 photos, 399 members
- I'm So Bershon 430 photos, 472 members
- Wonderful flickr world (No people) 43,354 photos, 585 members
- Elite Group ~ You are simply the best ~ §1 34,550 photos, 1,075 members
- This American Life • Theme of the Week 428 photos, 461 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 538,879 photos, 15,595 members
- Nikon D800/D800E CLUB 145,195 photos, 2,997 members
- Lonely Planet Photo Challenges -- 'Quandary' (new theme) 147,564 photos, 16,153 members
- Tuo La Ji (Chinese tiller trucks) 121 photos, 18 members
- Beijing Flickr Meetup 22,568 photos, 1,017 members
- Top 20 Great Wall Pics - 长城 19 photos, 170 members
- The Great Wall of China Photography Group 2,145 photos, 477 members
- Mountain Loop Highway 646 photos, 83 members
- Beijing 北京 Photo Community 57,332 photos, 4,009 members
- Beijing Architecture 7,530 photos, 1,032 members
- Cougar Mountain 51 photos, 13 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 41,004 photos, 5,108 members
- WAY Better Than Good 24,210 photos, 326 members
- Buffalo Bill Center of the West 334 photos, 82 members
- ASCENT 721 photos, 35 members
- Mountainfilm in Telluride 1,016 photos, 113 members
- Washington State Tourism - Creative Commons GROUP CLOSED 1,923 photos, 85 members
- Official Washington State Tourism - Group CLOSED 11,826 photos, 423 members
- Canon Powershot G11 59,621 photos, 2,671 members
- Strobist.com 609,062 photos, 123,564 members
- Marmot Adventures 456 photos, 143 members
- Marmot For Life 295 photos, 111 members
- Princeton Tec: Got Lights On Heads Photo Contest 132 photos, 85 members
- HCP SPIN5: Flashdance! 49 photos, 29 members
- Flickr API 783 photos, 17,453 members
- Shorts and Gaiters and/or Shorts and Long Johns! 101 photos, 37 members
- eyesaw 0 photos, 5 members
- Storm_Light - The Photography of Steve Skog 1 photo, 69 members
- Dawn Patrol 1 photo, 3 members
- Where Am I Now? 1 photo, 9 members
- TNAB 103 photos, 27 members
- My desktop wallpaper 41 photos, 26 members
- Peace Gang 26 photos, 16 members
- MOUNTAINEERING - 15,654 photos, 1,136 members
- Pho! 1,060 photos, 131 members
Aimless Alliterations says:
"Mark was one of my first contacts on Flickr back in 2005 (or was it 2006??) when I opened my first account. I can't remember why we became contacts but over the years I've seen his photography develop and mature.
Through his images I've followed his travels around the world and his adventures in the mountains of Washington and farther afield and become thoroughly envious.
Our paths have nearly crossed a few times - we almost managed to meet up in Seattle back in 2009 and we've both been in Berlin and Luxembourg within a few days of each other. Maybe we'll never get the opportunity to shake hands but Flickr has certainly meant I've enjoyed his photographs.
Take a look at his blog too."
July 29th, 2013
Buck Forester says:
"I feel like I know Mark just by visiting his photostream so often! He's prolific and his photos are terrific! I don't know anyone who gets out there as much as Mark, trip after trip after trip. He's a hiking maniac! I love it! His photos started out very good and they just keep getting gooder and gooder each week. He's always at the top of my "contact" list and his images are always a blessing to see. Rock on."
February 18th, 2008
"Mark Griffith, a real person with an unreal amount of human energy. A small dose of Mark’s photostream could easily be a substitute for five rather large cups of strong cowboy coffee. Personally I’m unsure if Mark is one person, two people, or maybe more. I know two of me couldn’t do in a week what Mark manages to regularly pull off before his normal workday officially starts. Mark challenges me to not rest on my laurels, a well lived life is lived day by day, hour by hour, one moment followed closely by the next. Mark's hours are clearly filled with good rich life, a life that he openly shares here on flickr, refreshingly transparent for all to see. His photos challenge me to do more with my life, and I’m sure once you get into his rhythm, your life will be refreshing challenged too. Thanks Mark for being one of those members that truly does give flickr its soul."
November 17th, 2007
"Mark lives the life that I wish I did. On the other hand, I live the life that Mark warns Miles and the others about. When I am having a crappy day here in Atlanta at my Jobby Job, I can always look Marks photos and they put clean air into my lungs (I'm 11 weeks a non-smoker). Even though we have never met face to face (yet! I keep threatening to make my way out there!) I consider Mark a great friend. I always look forward to his next adventure and the beautiful photos that follow. Thank You Mark! Cheers"
October 10th, 2007
"Mark is my kind of dad. He guides his family on amazing adventures in a professional and relatively safe way. We had some backcountry adventures with our kids, but nothing to compare to Mark's. Have you thought of doing videos or maybe a webcam?"
October 7th, 2007
"I'm mostly a lurker around these here parts. BUT... I always make sure to drop by and see Mark's latest photos. It's fun to follow along with Mark and his family as they go to some of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Thanks for taking me along, man. :-)"
June 7th, 2007
"Mark captures the best images of the area that I call home. Your photos make me want to lug my kit around when I'm hiking, way more than I usually do :-)"
February 13th, 2007
"Mark makes me wish I lived near his mountains, was in better shape, makes me feel like I could possibly go winter camping and not die. Mark's photographs give grey and green and water and children whole new meaning. Mark is awesome. So is Stacey. So are the children.
I'm glad I stumbled across Mark Griffith."
October 4th, 2006
Derrick Glenn Mercer says:
"If this is your first time to stumble upon Mark's photos stick around, you're in for a treat. Mountain Scenery, hiking, backpacking and general fun family stuff at its best. His photos will furnish you with a deep desire to get outdoors and stay out - at least until the Flickr fix wears off.
Thanks Mark. See you on the mountain."
October 3rd, 2006
"Mark' travelogue-like sets make me feel as though I'm tagging along and always in for a good time! :)"
August 3rd, 2006
- Mark Griffith
- February 2005
- Issaquah, United States
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Director of Software Engineering
- Blog of Niffgurd