I'm an artsy girl, finding my own way to make a difference in the world, with what and how I create. Seeing the potential in unwanted throw aways, loving the messy paint blobs combined with finer details, transforming negative words into positive mantras.
What I love about the world of mixed media, is the expansive freedom of where I can push my creative boundaries. And truly, it feels like home. My creative tool box is made up of traditional learning’s and conventional methods, but I love adapting and transforming their uses to create unique artworks and images that have depth and meaning. Creating with nostalgic and repurposed materials is important to me, its my way of recycling: op shop 'finds', kept papers and collected treasures. They have all found their way into my art.
Who am I when I am at home? A nurturing mum of 2 amazing kids, wife to a loving man who enjoys fishing and companion to our energetic Border collie dog. We live by the sea and I get to be creative daily.
NicHohn's favorite photos from other Flickr members (9)
- The Open Page: Share Your Visual Journals 4,235 photos, 228 members
- The Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap 467 photos, 361 members
- SHOW ME YOUR BOOTHS 3,492 photos, 2,377 members
- Dreaming on the Page 1,073 photos, 54 members
- ಌ♥We LOVE Hearts♥ಌ 9,542 photos, 2,044 members
- mixed media feminine whimsy 701 photos, 64 members
- Flower Art, not photography 13,327 photos, 1,074 members
- Scrappindipity 9,290 photos, 770 members
NicHohn doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Nic Hohn
- October 2006