Joy Garnett is an interdisciplinary artist and writer. Her paintings, based on found images of explosive events, locate instances of the apocalyptic sublime in mass media culture. Her social media projects examine the intersections of our digital and material worlds. She teaches a graduate seminar in New Media and Research-based Art History at City College's MFA program in Digital and Interdisciplinary Art Practice.
- Egyptian Chronicles 387 photos, 65 members
- With Food in Mind 12 photos, 2 members
- ART MEMORY RESCUE 93 photos, 14 members
- Great Recession 8,623 photos, 349 members
- Recession: Closed... Shutting up shop - The Recession of '09 2,060 photos, 64 members
- Molotov Guerrilla Art 129 photos, 48 members
- Night Images 1,094,622 photos, 147,366 members
- Metropolitan Museum: Arts of Africa, Oceania, & The Americas 2,208 photos, 241 members
- theMoMAproject [NYC] 32,940 photos, 4,602 members
- iCommons 414 photos, 42 members
- iCommons AiR 451 photos, 9 members
- Afghanistan's Trip 1,233 photos, 93 members
- 11 Spring St 1,489 photos, 216 members
"I just came across her work by coincidence with google imagesearch and I'am really impressed by her pictures and style. It's hard to find the right words. Her pictures seem emotional but are at the same time a bit cool and 'detached'.
Well before I go in to much blabla. I love your work Joy!"
January 26th, 2007
- joy garnett
- January 2005
- nyc, usa
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- visual artist + writer