Joy Garnett is an interdisciplinary artist and writer. Her paintings, based on found images of explosive events, locate instances of the apocalyptic sublime in mass media culture. Her social media projects examine the intersections of our digital and material worlds. She teaches a graduate seminar in New Media and Research-based Art History at City College's MFA program in Digital and Interdisciplinary Art Practice.
- Egyptian Chronicles 399 photos, 55 members
- With Food in Mind 13 photos, 2 members
- ART MEMORY RESCUE 91 photos, 13 members
- Great Recession 8,514 photos, 344 members
- Recession: Closed... Shutting up shop - The Recession of '09 1,625 photos, 62 members
- Molotov Guerrilla Art 137 photos, 48 members
- Night Images 949,350 photos, 123,349 members
- Metropolitan Museum: Arts of Africa, Oceania, & The Americas 2,086 photos, 214 members
- theMoMAproject [NYC] 32,391 photos, 4,635 members
- iCommons 414 photos, 41 members
- iCommons AiR 451 photos, 9 members
- Afghanistan's Trip 1,218 photos, 92 members
- 11 Spring St 1,528 photos, 217 members
"I just came across her work by coincidence with google imagesearch and I'am really impressed by her pictures and style. It's hard to find the right words. Her pictures seem emotional but are at the same time a bit cool and 'detached'.
Well before I go in to much blabla. I love your work Joy!"
26th January, 2007
- joy garnett
- January 2005
- nyc, usa
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- visual artist + writer