Husband, and father of three grown-up girls, also a recently-retired (Jan '15) electronic engineer with lots of interests, including photography, which has recently moved up the priority list now that good digital cameras are affordable. I think digital is great - it matters less if the shot doesn't work! Constructive (not necessarily complimentary) comments on my photos are always very welcome; compliments are even nicer :-)
I used to say that I usually publish shots just as they came out of the camera - since I grew up with film I generally try to compose the shot I really wanted as I take it. That still applies, but in practice with digital I've found it's almost always worth at least a levels tweak and a little sharpening; so when I have edited a shot more heavily than just a gentle crop/levels/saturation/sharpen I try to remember to say so in the caption.
Present camera is a Canon EOS 600D, usually with a Sigma 24-135mm f/2.8-4.5 zoom. I also have the Canon EF 90-300mm f/3.5-5.6, the EF-S IS USM 55-250mm f/4-5.6, a Sigma 105mm f/2.8 Macro (which I have a lot of fun with!), a Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 and a 580EX flash.
I also had a Sony DSC-V1 (compact but pretty competent; see the red hibiscus in my Flowers set for one of its better efforts), and then an Olympus SP-550 UZ which is just stunning for its size and weight and 18x optical zoom but doesn't have great low-light performance. Both now (Aug 2014) superseded by a Canon Powershot G16. We also have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX-100 (mostly used by my wife), and I still have my ancient Pentax MX for "real" photography.
Photos of ndrwfgg (7)
- Darker + 13,484 photos, 875 members
- Bowers & Wilkins 357 photos, 153 members
- In Black & White 893 photos, 56 members
- Admin Help 2,828 photos, 1,433 members
- Flickr Frappucino 1,610 photos, 341 members
- Caffeine Planet 1,953 photos, 285 members
- The Official Norfolk Flickr Boat - Blakeney saltmarshes 252 photos, 101 members
- Fluttery Friday 3,063 photos, 347 members
- Flickr's Funniest 271 photos, 222 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,288 photos, 6,595 members
- Feathery Friday! ***Contests Suspended*** 36,684 photos, 1,992 members
- Quirky Stuff ! 41,899 photos, 1,738 members
- Photo Charades, A Photographic Guessing Game by Photo Clues 0 photos, 3 members
- Cambridgeshire 17,497 photos, 783 members
- Look up / Look Down 23,494 photos, 754 members
- Air Shows 217,827 photos, 7,018 members
- Flying 216,487 photos, 2,465 members
- Cars 432,815 photos, 4,386 members
Mark Hiser says:
"Andy's work shows a passion for photography as well as a passion for his subjects. You may find yourself putting on weight after viewing his photostream. I always have to get something to eat (that is not nearly as good) after I look at his images of meals he makes.
Andy is also so very gracious with his comments. You'll enjoy his photostream, I'm sure."
March 11th, 2006
- Andy / Andrew Fogg
- October 2005
- near Cambridge, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- retired electronic/systems engineer