Hi, my name is Josh and I'm an alco... Wait, wrong intro.
I'm Josh, and I was never interested in photography until a few years ago. I began taking photos in DC for (nerd alert) Wikipedia articles I wrote or edited. You can find many of my photos on that site.
I later became interested in shooting pictures just for fun, most of which are related to architecture, sculpture, and sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places. I freely admit I'm not a great photographer who uses an inexpensive camera. But I still find joy in sharing what I've discovered and learned via my camera lens.
I consider my photostream educational. Most of my photos include background and/or historical information on the subject.
Check out the groups I started and feel free to join: Georgetown, Logan Circle, Foggy Bottom, Brookland, DC cemeteries, & Middletown, Virginia.
- Christmas Lights 23,320 photos, 3,312 members
- Christmas Trees 13,971 photos, 2,349 members
- Christmas All Year 30,018 photos, 3,984 members
- CHRISTMAS*A Magical time of the year* 34,605 photos, 4,515 members
- BLUE BLUE BLUE 182,379 photos, 8,998 members
- Historic Preservation 67,262 photos, 1,295 members
- All Animals 1,510,206 photos, 52,617 members
- Barns, Sheds and other Rustic Rural Buildings 63,906 photos, 3,579 members
- Rural America 150,466 photos, 4,016 members
- gayDC 657 photos, 149 members
- Black History 9,596 photos, 993 members
- Attractive Bank Buildings 3,362 photos, 274 members
- ***Flickr Global 2,885,307 photos, 41,797 members
- DC Under Construction 1,386 photos, 137 members
- The Georgetown Metropolitan 976 photos, 29 members
- Esquinas / Corners (in architecture) 2,377 photos, 53 members
- U.S. Presidents (no photos!) 4,399 photos, 610 members
- Mountains Anywhere 571,715 photos, 34,982 members
- Signs! Just Beautiful Signs! 14,663 photos, 1,524 members
- Sign, sign, everywhere a sign.... 83,595 photos, 3,689 members
- Signs!!! Post 1 comment 3 3,133 photos, 301 members
- Fast Food Joints 1,364 photos, 104 members
- Fast Food 12,381 photos, 988 members
- animals, vegetables, and gardens 3,226 photos, 151 members
- FlickrCentral 9,311,256 photos, 275,974 members
- National Building Museum's Historic Building 365 photos, 42 members
- Corner Stores (Mom and Pop operations) 929 photos, 305 members
- Brutalist Architecture (inc. brick, metal and glass) 2,944 photos, 2,076 members
- Brutalist Architecture - béton (concrete) brut 33,625 photos, 2,953 members
- Restaurants 20,825 photos, 1,510 members
- The Blind Pig Speakeasy 100,091 photos, 975 members
- Postmodernism, Neo-Historicism, and Neo-Eclectic Architecture. 2,344 photos, 189 members
- This Old House: Please read posting guidelines,thanks. 9,097 photos, 824 members
- animal lovers 109,337 photos, 3,603 members
- Flickr Zoo 108,342 photos, 2,388 members
- Estatuas ecuestres 2,939 photos, 181 members
- Equestrians / Statues Equestres 2,934 photos, 526 members
- DC in BW 13,094 photos, 660 members
- MODERNISM 31,225 photos, 2,485 members
- Neighborhood Church & Congregation 2,327 photos, 95 members
- Bell towers all around the world 1,144 photos, 45 members
- Bells&Belltowers&Spikes&Spires 4,273 photos, 525 members
- Bay Windows 591 photos, 19 members
- Flickr: History 55,133 photos, 1,010 members
- * Honoring, Memorials, and Remembrances 3,704 photos, 198 members
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden 656 photos, 99 members
- Smithsonian Through Your Lens 3,129 photos, 377 members
- AIA 150: America's Favorite Architecture 4,293 photos, 1,147 members
- Modern Sculpture 31,426 photos, 1,449 members
- NoMA - Washington, DC 758 photos, 53 members
Maryland Route 5 says:
"The photostream that captures the essence of life in our nation's capital is undoubtedly this one. Photographic excellence, coupled with excellent commentary on the history behind every shot, makes NCinDC's Flickr site a "must see!" I highly recommend it."
April 16th, 2012
"How could we endure our life, our day to day getting by, without having Flickr friends like NCinDC? Not only the provider of wonderful pics of historic buildings, but also manages to inject a little bit of day-to-day life and humor into my world. Thanks NC!"
January 23rd, 2009
- August 2007
- Washington, D.C.
- Shenandoah Valley, Virginia, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken