Hi, my name is Josh and I'm an alco... Wait, wrong intro.
I'm Josh, and I was never interested in photography until a few years ago. I began taking photos in DC for (nerd alert) Wikipedia articles I wrote or edited. You can find many of my photos on that site.
I later became interested in shooting pictures just for fun, most of which are related to architecture, sculpture, and sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places. I freely admit I'm not a great photographer who uses an inexpensive camera. But I still find joy in sharing what I've discovered and learned via my camera lens.
I consider my photostream educational. Most of my photos include background and/or historical information on the subject.
Check out the groups I started and feel free to join: Georgetown, Logan Circle, Foggy Bottom, Brookland, DC cemeteries, & Middletown, Virginia.
- Christmas Lights 21,631 photos, 3,180 members
- Christmas Trees 12,739 photos, 2,276 members
- Christmas All Year 22,990 photos, 3,501 members
- CHRISTMAS*A Magical time of the year* 30,498 photos, 4,305 members
- BLUE BLUE BLUE 173,103 photos, 8,908 members
- Historic Preservation 68,378 photos, 1,235 members
- All Animals 1,353,219 photos, 49,881 members
- Barns, Sheds and other Rustic Rural Buildings 60,169 photos, 3,449 members
- Rural America 138,725 photos, 3,797 members
- gayDC 639 photos, 138 members
- Black History 8,117 photos, 912 members
- Attractive Bank Buildings 3,104 photos, 260 members
- ***Flickr Global 2,139,631 photos, 32,805 members
- DC Under Construction 1,361 photos, 132 members
- The Georgetown Metropolitan 916 photos, 29 members
- Esquinas / Corners (in architecture) 2,142 photos, 49 members
- U.S. Presidents (no photos!) 4,249 photos, 582 members
- Mountains Anywhere 493,065 photos, 32,637 members
- Signs! Just Beautiful Signs! 13,859 photos, 1,460 members
- Sign, sign, everywhere a sign.... 70,428 photos, 3,499 members
- Signs!!! Post 1 comment 3 2,628 photos, 283 members
- Fast Food Joints 1,251 photos, 105 members
- Fast Food 11,058 photos, 962 members
- animals, vegetables, and gardens 3,229 photos, 146 members
- FlickrCentral 9,425,760 photos, 262,895 members
- National Building Museum's Historic Building 273 photos, 36 members
- Corner Stores (Mom and Pop operations) 804 photos, 304 members
- Brutalist Architecture (inc. brick, metal and glass) 2,944 photos, 1,959 members
- Brutalist Architecture - béton (concrete) brut 30,497 photos, 2,762 members
- Restaurants 18,447 photos, 1,422 members
- The Blind Pig Speakeasy 82,679 photos, 941 members
- Postmodernism, Neo-Historicism, and Neo-Eclectic Architecture. 2,367 photos, 186 members
- This Old House: Please read posting guidelines,thanks. 8,604 photos, 807 members
- animal lovers 91,015 photos, 3,301 members
- Flickr Zoo 96,276 photos, 2,213 members
- Estatuas ecuestres 2,975 photos, 165 members
- Equestrians / Statues Equestres 2,679 photos, 504 members
- DC in BW 12,178 photos, 626 members
- MODERNISM 31,727 photos, 2,446 members
- Neighborhood Church & Congregation 2,236 photos, 82 members
- Bell towers all around the world 1,106 photos, 40 members
- Bells&Belltowers&Spikes&Spires 4,006 photos, 506 members
- Bay Windows 574 photos, 18 members
- Flickr: History 44,500 photos, 832 members
- * Honoring, Memorials, and Remembrances 3,622 photos, 185 members
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden 570 photos, 79 members
- Smithsonian Through Your Lens 2,973 photos, 359 members
- AIA 150: America's Favorite Architecture 4,299 photos, 1,134 members
- Modern Sculpture 26,823 photos, 1,358 members
- NoMA - Washington, DC 769 photos, 52 members
Maryland Route 5 says:
"The photostream that captures the essence of life in our nation's capital is undoubtedly this one. Photographic excellence, coupled with excellent commentary on the history behind every shot, makes NCinDC's Flickr site a "must see!" I highly recommend it."
April 16th, 2012
"How could we endure our life, our day to day getting by, without having Flickr friends like NCinDC? Not only the provider of wonderful pics of historic buildings, but also manages to inject a little bit of day-to-day life and humor into my world. Thanks NC!"
January 23rd, 2009
- August 2007
- Washington, D.C.
- Shenandoah Valley, Virginia, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken