Hi, my name is Josh and I'm an alco... Wait, wrong intro.
I'm Josh, and I was never interested in photography until a few years ago. I began taking photos in DC for (nerd alert) Wikipedia articles I wrote or edited. You can find many of my photos on that site.
I later became interested in shooting pictures just for fun, most of which are related to architecture, sculpture, and sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places. I freely admit I'm not a great photographer who uses an inexpensive camera. But I still find joy in sharing what I've discovered and learned via my camera lens.
I consider my photostream educational. Most of my photos include background and/or historical information on the subject.
Check out the groups I started and feel free to join: Georgetown, Logan Circle, Foggy Bottom, Brookland, DC cemeteries, & Middletown, Virginia.
- Christmas Lights 14,627 photos, 2,344 members
- Christmas Trees 9,193 photos, 1,846 members
- Christmas All Year 4,196 photos, 726 members
- CHRISTMAS*A Magical time of the year* 13,446 photos, 2,223 members
- BLUE BLUE BLUE 151,968 photos, 8,592 members
- Historic Preservation 44,654 photos, 1,075 members
- All Animals 891,041 photos, 38,814 members
- Barns, Sheds and other Rustic Rural Buildings 48,796 photos, 3,032 members
- Rural America 91,116 photos, 2,932 members
- gayDC 555 photos, 129 members
- Black History 5,838 photos, 773 members
- Attractive Bank Buildings 2,180 photos, 227 members
- ***Flickr Global 569,839 photos, 13,521 members
- DC Under Construction 1,208 photos, 109 members
- The Georgetown Metropolitan 852 photos, 27 members
- Esquinas / Corners (in architecture) 1,237 photos, 35 members
- U.S. Presidents (no photos!) 3,900 photos, 542 members
- Mountains Anywhere 280,457 photos, 22,714 members
- Signs! Just Beautiful Signs! 5,036 photos, 901 members
- Sign, sign, everywhere a sign.... 44,213 photos, 2,699 members
- Signs!!! Post 1 comment 3 980 photos, 203 members
- Fast Food Joints 1,476 photos, 95 members
- Fast Food 7,781 photos, 885 members
- animals, vegetables, and gardens 1,369 photos, 94 members
- FlickrCentral 7,144,509 photos, 206,978 members
- National Building Museum's Historic Building 177 photos, 25 members
- Corner Stores (Mom and Pop operations) 630 photos, 283 members
- Brutalist Architecture (inc. brick, metal and glass) 2,307 photos, 1,474 members
- Brutalist Architecture - béton (concrete) brut 22,528 photos, 2,232 members
- Restaurants 12,623 photos, 1,124 members
- The Blind Pig Speakeasy 7,362 photos, 187 members
- Postmodernism, Neo-Historicism, and Neo-Eclectic Architecture. 2,476 photos, 165 members
- This Old House: Please read posting guidelines,thanks. 7,755 photos, 781 members
- animal lovers 61,155 photos, 2,611 members
- Flickr Zoo 54,914 photos, 1,809 members
- Estatuas ecuestres 2,583 photos, 132 members
- Equestrians / Statues Equestres 2,241 photos, 437 members
- DC in BW 9,224 photos, 483 members
- MODERNISM 32,929 photos, 2,349 members
- Neighborhood Church & Congregation 1,580 photos, 58 members
- Bell towers all around the world 864 photos, 36 members
- Bells&Belltowers&Spikes&Spires 3,192 photos, 461 members
- Bay Windows 507 photos, 16 members
- Flickr: History 14,493 photos, 342 members
- * Honoring, Memorials, and Remembrances 2,856 photos, 130 members
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden 508 photos, 62 members
- Smithsonian Through Your Lens 2,319 photos, 271 members
- AIA 150: America's Favorite Architecture 6,344 photos, 1,033 members
- Modern Sculpture 17,972 photos, 1,027 members
- NoMA - Washington, DC 614 photos, 43 members
Maryland Route 5 says:
"The photostream that captures the essence of life in our nation's capital is undoubtedly this one. Photographic excellence, coupled with excellent commentary on the history behind every shot, makes NCinDC's Flickr site a "must see!" I highly recommend it."
16th April, 2012
"How could we endure our life, our day to day getting by, without having Flickr friends like NCinDC? Not only the provider of wonderful pics of historic buildings, but also manages to inject a little bit of day-to-day life and humor into my world. Thanks NC!"
23rd January, 2009
- August 2007
- Washington, D.C.
- Stephens City, Virginia, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken