Hi, my name is Josh and I'm an alco... Wait, wrong intro.
I'm Josh, and I was never interested in photography until a few years ago. I began taking photos in DC for (nerd alert) Wikipedia articles I wrote or edited. You can find many of my photos on that site.
I later became interested in shooting pictures just for fun, most of which are related to architecture, sculpture, and sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places. I freely admit I'm not a great photographer who uses an inexpensive camera. But I still find joy in sharing what I've discovered and learned via my camera lens.
I consider my photostream educational. Most of my photos include background and/or historical information on the subject.
Check out the groups I started and feel free to join: Georgetown, Logan Circle, Foggy Bottom, Brookland, DC cemeteries, & Middletown, Virginia.
- Christmas Lights 17,121 photos, 2,629 members
- Christmas Trees 10,836 photos, 1,976 members
- Christmas All Year 10,705 photos, 1,779 members
- CHRISTMAS*A Magical time of the year* 19,452 photos, 3,050 members
- BLUE BLUE BLUE 160,715 photos, 8,717 members
- Historic Preservation 55,677 photos, 1,146 members
- All Animals 1,097,943 photos, 44,576 members
- Barns, Sheds and other Rustic Rural Buildings 53,779 photos, 3,215 members
- Rural America 110,960 photos, 3,333 members
- gayDC 611 photos, 130 members
- Black History 6,349 photos, 819 members
- Attractive Bank Buildings 2,659 photos, 248 members
- ***Flickr Global 1,130,208 photos, 21,044 members
- DC Under Construction 1,283 photos, 115 members
- The Georgetown Metropolitan 865 photos, 29 members
- Esquinas / Corners (in architecture) 1,607 photos, 36 members
- U.S. Presidents (no photos!) 4,070 photos, 559 members
- Mountains Anywhere 369,432 photos, 27,535 members
- Signs! Just Beautiful Signs! 8,498 photos, 1,202 members
- Sign, sign, everywhere a sign.... 54,981 photos, 3,118 members
- Signs!!! Post 1 comment 3 1,892 photos, 248 members
- Fast Food Joints 1,011 photos, 98 members
- Fast Food 9,394 photos, 921 members
- animals, vegetables, and gardens 2,273 photos, 131 members
- FlickrCentral 8,920,849 photos, 237,710 members
- National Building Museum's Historic Building 225 photos, 28 members
- Corner Stores (Mom and Pop operations) 712 photos, 291 members
- Brutalist Architecture (inc. brick, metal and glass) 2,375 photos, 1,660 members
- Brutalist Architecture - béton (concrete) brut 25,777 photos, 2,429 members
- Restaurants 14,991 photos, 1,266 members
- The Blind Pig Speakeasy 44,054 photos, 737 members
- Postmodernism, Neo-Historicism, and Neo-Eclectic Architecture. 2,385 photos, 175 members
- This Old House: Please read posting guidelines,thanks. 8,260 photos, 782 members
- animal lovers 70,963 photos, 2,853 members
- Flickr Zoo 72,987 photos, 1,991 members
- Estatuas ecuestres 2,715 photos, 146 members
- Equestrians / Statues Equestres 2,426 photos, 462 members
- DC in BW 10,853 photos, 544 members
- MODERNISM 32,097 photos, 2,428 members
- Neighborhood Church & Congregation 1,969 photos, 67 members
- Bell towers all around the world 965 photos, 37 members
- Bells&Belltowers&Spikes&Spires 3,622 photos, 484 members
- Bay Windows 545 photos, 16 members
- Flickr: History 24,688 photos, 543 members
- * Honoring, Memorials, and Remembrances 3,219 photos, 144 members
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden 569 photos, 71 members
- Smithsonian Through Your Lens 2,628 photos, 310 members
- AIA 150: America's Favorite Architecture 7,216 photos, 1,097 members
- Modern Sculpture 22,349 photos, 1,136 members
- NoMA - Washington, DC 684 photos, 49 members
Maryland Route 5 says:
"The photostream that captures the essence of life in our nation's capital is undoubtedly this one. Photographic excellence, coupled with excellent commentary on the history behind every shot, makes NCinDC's Flickr site a "must see!" I highly recommend it."
April 16th, 2012
"How could we endure our life, our day to day getting by, without having Flickr friends like NCinDC? Not only the provider of wonderful pics of historic buildings, but also manages to inject a little bit of day-to-day life and humor into my world. Thanks NC!"
January 23rd, 2009
- August 2007
- Washington, D.C.
- Shenandoah Valley, Virginia, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken