Hi, my name is Josh and I'm an alco... Wait, wrong intro.
I'm Josh, and I was never interested in photography until a few years ago. I began taking photos in DC for (nerd alert) Wikipedia articles I wrote or edited. You can find many of my photos on that site.
I later became interested in shooting pictures just for fun, most of which are related to architecture, sculpture, and sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places. I freely admit I'm not a great photographer who uses an inexpensive camera. But I still find joy in sharing what I've discovered and learned via my camera lens.
I consider my photostream educational. Most of my photos include background and/or historical information on the subject.
Check out the groups I started and feel free to join: Georgetown, Logan Circle, Foggy Bottom, Brookland, DC cemeteries, & Middletown, Virginia.
- Christmas Lights 17,151 photos, 2,630 members
- Christmas Trees 10,895 photos, 1,986 members
- Christmas All Year 10,544 photos, 1,762 members
- CHRISTMAS*A Magical time of the year* 19,501 photos, 3,065 members
- BLUE BLUE BLUE 157,074 photos, 8,674 members
- Historic Preservation 51,479 photos, 1,123 members
- All Animals 1,024,435 photos, 42,655 members
- Barns, Sheds and other Rustic Rural Buildings 51,931 photos, 3,140 members
- Rural America 103,812 photos, 3,202 members
- gayDC 599 photos, 131 members
- Black History 6,044 photos, 797 members
- Attractive Bank Buildings 2,457 photos, 243 members
- ***Flickr Global 916,422 photos, 18,155 members
- DC Under Construction 1,262 photos, 113 members
- The Georgetown Metropolitan 852 photos, 28 members
- Esquinas / Corners (in architecture) 1,464 photos, 37 members
- U.S. Presidents (no photos!) 4,019 photos, 557 members
- Mountains Anywhere 342,043 photos, 26,179 members
- Signs! Just Beautiful Signs! 7,435 photos, 1,125 members
- Sign, sign, everywhere a sign.... 52,098 photos, 3,002 members
- Signs!!! Post 1 comment 3 1,626 photos, 242 members
- Fast Food Joints 1,582 photos, 97 members
- Fast Food 8,830 photos, 910 members
- animals, vegetables, and gardens 2,143 photos, 124 members
- FlickrCentral 8,303,245 photos, 226,853 members
- National Building Museum's Historic Building 222 photos, 26 members
- Corner Stores (Mom and Pop operations) 670 photos, 291 members
- Brutalist Architecture (inc. brick, metal and glass) 2,379 photos, 1,606 members
- Brutalist Architecture - béton (concrete) brut 24,616 photos, 2,329 members
- Restaurants 14,410 photos, 1,225 members
- The Blind Pig Speakeasy 31,175 photos, 624 members
- Postmodernism, Neo-Historicism, and Neo-Eclectic Architecture. 2,388 photos, 172 members
- This Old House: Please read posting guidelines,thanks. 8,020 photos, 780 members
- animal lovers 67,177 photos, 2,748 members
- Flickr Zoo 64,307 photos, 1,919 members
- Estatuas ecuestres 2,663 photos, 142 members
- Equestrians / Statues Equestres 2,340 photos, 455 members
- DC in BW 10,344 photos, 519 members
- MODERNISM 32,232 photos, 2,409 members
- Neighborhood Church & Congregation 1,836 photos, 62 members
- Bell towers all around the world 959 photos, 36 members
- Bells&Belltowers&Spikes&Spires 3,505 photos, 475 members
- Bay Windows 544 photos, 16 members
- Flickr: History 20,435 photos, 464 members
- * Honoring, Memorials, and Remembrances 3,092 photos, 139 members
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden 536 photos, 66 members
- Smithsonian Through Your Lens 2,504 photos, 300 members
- AIA 150: America's Favorite Architecture 6,777 photos, 1,077 members
- Modern Sculpture 21,286 photos, 1,087 members
- NoMA - Washington, DC 667 photos, 45 members
Maryland Route 5 says:
"The photostream that captures the essence of life in our nation's capital is undoubtedly this one. Photographic excellence, coupled with excellent commentary on the history behind every shot, makes NCinDC's Flickr site a "must see!" I highly recommend it."
April 16th, 2012
"How could we endure our life, our day to day getting by, without having Flickr friends like NCinDC? Not only the provider of wonderful pics of historic buildings, but also manages to inject a little bit of day-to-day life and humor into my world. Thanks NC!"
January 23rd, 2009
- August 2007
- Washington, D.C.
- Shenandoah Valley, Virginia, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken