I'm a full time professional animal, nature and travel photographer - it is my only income for now almost 25 years.
I was born and raised in Germany and moved to Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada a few years ago.
My travel pictures are taken around the world with strong portfolios on Spain, France, Italy, Africa, New Zealand, Alaska, the western USA and all of Canada.
My main website including a picture blog:
Nature, Animal & Travel Photography
Google + Profile
Some other websites you can find my work on:
My travel & photo blog can be found here:
Rolf's travel and photography blog
Canada pictures and photos
My collection of all pictures from Canada and all Canadian Provinces. We just returned from a "Canada crossing from Labrador to the Yukon, brand new images are shown almost daily.
If you interested in pictures from Canada - this would be the place for you to stop by.
I'm kind of known for my Whale and Dolphin portfolio as well. Some people say I have the largest and best portfolio on Orca Whales and Humpback Whales. On this site here we show some of my work related to marine mammals.
Dolphins and Whales
In Germany I maintain hicker.de which includes a wide range of Reisefotografie, Tierfotografie und Naturfotografie.
German - Naturfotografie
I also do panoramas, I used to shot 6x17cm film, but today I do multi layer panos with my Canon 1Ds Mark 3 - pretty crazy stuff - I hope to be able to upload some new images soon to my panorama-images website. Takes a while to prepare those files, one I'm working on right now is 1.8 GB large!!!
And then there is our travel blog, maintained by my wife Michelle (she is a Kiwi) - she is blogging here almost live from our shooting locations. I love her blog - go check it out, there is lots of travel info too.
Travel blog - live from the road
Interested in New Zealand? Well, then you better stop by on our New Zealand website - exclusively New Zealand pictures with some information - makes me wanna travel to New Zealand again soon....
New Zealand photography and pictures
As a travel stock photographer I also have to have a stock photography website. Here I host my hi-resolution images and give my buyers direct access. This site is fairly new and will show more and more stock pictures soon
Hicker Stock Photography.
- Seven by Five 54,122 photos, 2,187 members
- Vineyard Scenery 7,027 photos, 816 members
- Polar Bears International 9,065 photos, 949 members
- Vines and Vineyards 35,674 photos, 4,403 members
- Rainbows.....PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION BEFORE POSTING 11,882 photos, 4,980 members
- antennas 4,026 photos, 697 members
- ★~Rainbows~★ 7,678 photos, 1,994 members
- Funny Ha Ha! 144,440 photos, 11,851 members
- Pumpkin & Spice, All things Fall are nice! 13,666 photos, 1,528 members
- Pumpkin Art Group 3,645 photos, 798 members
- Beautiful British Columbia 152,647 photos, 5,118 members
- Just TOO Cute! ~ A Place for Children and Pets 48,400 photos, 5,606 members
- Your Baby 73,563 photos, 6,583 members
- Le Québec et ses parcs nationaux 9,358 photos, 751 members
- Destinations around the world - The travel group 115,561 photos, 2,111 members
- Spain 362,305 photos, 12,781 members
- 2013.anything of good taste 181,115 photos, 1,605 members
- nature is all - all is nature 250,900 photos, 6,927 members
- The Wonderful World Of Nature P1/C2 33,157 photos, 2,134 members
- Explore/INTERESTINGNESS Group 273,545 photos, 7,690 members
- Fine-ART photos (Invite only) 36,782 photos, 9,782 members
- The Essence of Capture Nature / Selected photos only 550 photos, 214 members
- Outside the city! (Post 1 - Comment on 2) LOOKING FOR HELP! 27,685 photos, 1,258 members
- Addicted to Flickr (Quality images only!+Comment3) 135,833 photos, 7,942 members
- Shield Of Excellence 529,947 photos, 40,862 members
- "This Photo Rocks!" (Post 7 - Award 3) 352,891 photos, 6,201 members
- World Masterpiece Award " Win Pro Account - NEW EASY RULES" 66,260 photos, 4,807 members
- Comunidad Fotoguia.org 205,354 photos, 6,800 members
- Cherry on top! Photography - Invited images - Post 1 Award 2 91,211 photos, 13,247 members
- Damn! I Wish I'd Taken That!!! (Invite Only) Post 1-Award2 . 216,725 photos, 21,823 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 285,086 photos, 41,762 members
- **ALL KINDS OF BEAUTY** (Moderated! NO MODELS!) 381,117 photos, 13,762 members
- Movement & Motion 663,736 photos, 53,511 members
- Lands of Alexander 3,395 photos, 612 members
- ANDALUCIA y sus fotógrafos 166,230 photos, 4,042 members
- lomo Spain 31,249 photos, 1,583 members
- Alaska! 83,391 photos, 4,211 members
- MY CAMERA NEVER LIES (P1+A3)Sweeper Active 340,311 photos, 16,704 members
- Exquisite LIGHTSCAPES (Invite other if you like) 55,103 photos, 2,613 members
- Stuff With Two Legs 28,475 photos, 728 members
- Geological Wonders of the World 937 photos, 142 members
- 30-FAV-Natur-nature 27,163 photos, 2,364 members
- Mega Shot Post 1, fave 2 4,305 photos, 7,766 members
- Nature Flickr 6,465 photos, 867 members
- Wild Penguins 2,637 photos, 394 members
- Xemeneies 9,730 photos, 443 members
- art of landscape 2,092 photos, 15,274 members
- Canadian Skylines 9,619 photos, 634 members
- ₪ Worldwide TRAVELOGUE ₪ (Add 1 ~ Award 2) 342,150 photos, 11,273 members
- Pixel Perfect! 1,961 photos, 218 members
Rolf Hicker Photography doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Rolf Hicker
- April 2007
- Port McNeill
- Port McNeill, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Travel Stock Photography