Welcome to my little corner of the world. My images are as varied as our Nova Scotia weather. The more I learn about photography, the less I know! Not all my pictures are "great" photos but flickr has become like a visual diary for me. As you may notice, the little squirrels who live in my backyard have been the focus of my time on and off over the years.
Thanks for all who mark me as a contact and leave faves and comments now and then...I truly appreciate it! I have a hard time keeping up and often only have time to reply to those who leave me comments, but I will sometimes take a day and try to catch up..
In 2013, thanks to exposure on flickr, my squirrel photos went viral and this led to writing some picture books featuring my photos of my backyard squirrels interacting with my homemade props.
Me in action:
My first children's book , The Secret Life of Squirrels;has been published by Penguin Canada and Little, Brown Young Readers in the US and released Oct. 21, 2014 If you live in Japan, it has been translated and is also being distributed in South Korea. My second book came out Oct 6 2015: Merry Christmas, Squirrels! (also in Japanese) www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoc9mJYKzTs
A third, The Secret Life of Squirrels - A Love Story arrived Dec 2016. Available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Indigo and book stores. www.secretlifeofsquirrels.com. I am currently working on a back to school story, due in the spring of 2018.
href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/nancyandwayne/14898584281" title="My book arrived today! by Nancy Rose, on Flickr">
A few links to my squirrels in the media:
There were similar stories on Petapixel, a link in PhotoLife, and numerous blogs etc. The most surprising was a Skype interview with RTL German TV, and eventually some local media coverage. I never dreamed that my little hobby could spread so far...
ALL OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS are ALL RIGHTS RESERVED and are COPYRIGHT © solely to me. Images may not be copied, downloaded, or used in any way, including blogs, without my expressed or written permission .
If you would like to purchase or use any of my photographs for ANY reason, you need my permission. :-). Please send me a flickr mail message or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for stopping by.
Some of my images are on sale through GettyImages.com: www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Search.aspx?assettype=image&...
Social media links:
You Tube: www.youtube.com/user/NancyRosePhotos
Photos of Nancy Rose (1)
- A NATIONAL PARK 21,083 photos, 1,332 members
- BRIDGES 2 8,343 photos, 873 members
- ~The Magic of Colours~ 7,894 photos, 3,979 members
- The Sunshine Group (by invitation) post 1/award 2 43,866 photos, 2,109 members
- Flowers love 2,014 photos, 155 members
- Flickr Social 291,083 photos, 7,674 members
- ;-)) al Amanecer y al Atardecer ★ Sunset-Sunrise IIPARTE 16,244 photos, 1,085 members
- Animals ;-) 3,997 photos, 35 members
- Flickr Friday 30,645 photos, 37,118 members
- WYSIWYG Images 6,866 photos, 159 members
- RAILROAD 1 93,555 photos, 994 members
- a secret macro world (by admin approval) p1 ~ c2 1,076 photos, 182 members
- Noah's Ark, all on board! (by admin approval) p1 ~ c2 3,643 photos, 629 members
- Photo News Canada Gallery 116,824 photos, 3,887 members
- Divine flowers 5,642 photos, 244 members
- Lambscapes 60 photos, 12 members
- Squirrel Photography 47,713 photos, 6,648 members
- **Optical Excellence** The Very Best Level 2 ~ Post 1 Award 3 45,411 photos, 3,041 members
- yosemite 44,976 photos, 6,467 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) !!TOTALLY CLOSED!! . 13,237 photos, 3,667 members
- PICTURES FROM OUR WORLD 28,645 photos, 257 members
- Fenced Friday 68,625 photos, 4,146 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 178,252 photos, 9,075 members
- Fifty and Fabulous 9 photos, 2 members
- The book cover club 502 photos, 143 members
- Image Excellence (Admin Invite Only) ADD 1, C.3 35,225 photos, 1,133 members
- :CATS MASTERPIECES COLLECTIONS INV ONLY / OPEN NEW CONTEST 36,033 photos, 3,161 members
- **The New Masterclass** Level 1 *Admin Invite Only* P1- A3 33,469 photos, 2,017 members
- Vintage & Retro Tones (soft & hazy) 1,196 photos, 416 members
- **Masterclass Elite** Invite Only Post 1-Award 3 28,965 photos, 1,970 members
- Parée Erica's Texture Extravaganza 10,974 photos, 1,201 members
- The New**Perfection In Pictures** ( Open) 28,472 photos, 2,729 members
- Quality Textures & TTVs - Closed 390 photos, 552 members
- ***Perfection In Pictures Supreme Images*** (CLOSED) 21,276 photos, 1,815 members
- !ADMIN TALK INTERNATIONAL (Admin-Invited Only) 139,270 photos, 5,655 members
- One Leaf 8,945 photos, 3,472 members
- Forever Autumn 18,044 photos, 1,293 members
- Uncommon Common Art 239 photos, 35 members
- OMGSQUIRREL!!! 12,578 photos, 555 members
- *C&W Winter Moments*(Invite Only)~(P-1 # A-2) 4,429 photos, 160 members
- Canon EOS 60D - Official Group 630,228 photos, 16,346 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,945 members
- this is Canada-Photo Competition 3,808 photos, 833 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 3,267 photos, 1,876 members
- Still Life Art - Closed 2,663 photos, 759 members
- In the Memories' Book :Textured Images only 22,071 photos, 1,866 members
- PicMonkey 61,936 photos, 2,247 members
- Coups de Coeur 13,702 photos, 518 members
- FFF ≈ Funny Furry Friends ≈ P1/C3 - Moderated 13,500 photos, 1,518 members
- Best Textures 15,977 photos, 4,961 members
iAbdulazizMh OFFLINE says:
"the most talented girl in the flickr . she have a beautiful. she is the one of my best account ever and i love her photos very much , i love the way how she edited her photos i love you creative and you talented
seriously you are deserve to call you pro photographer. there are no words to describe you deserve more. ♥
February 25th, 2011
Rachelle ♥♥♥ says:
"Nancy's work is amazing and I am so happy to have met her on flickr!"
November 27th, 2010
bachullus ♥ © says:
"Nancy Darling, your photos are like a fantasy novel, they are truly magical. They are so original & unique, each one, you never seize to amaze me. Your a beautiful lady with an illuminating soul.
xoxo - Barb"
September 26th, 2010
"Nancy, I have enjoyed your photostream for some time now. Your work is such an inspiration to me. I've often thought as I'm taking a picture, "Now, how would Nancy Rose set this shot up!" :D
You offer endless encouragement and wonderful comments. My dream has always been to see the Maritimes, and your photostreams has certainly cemented that in my heart. What an amazing part of our country you live it. The way you capture it with your camera makes me catch my breath at times. Thank you for all that you share with the Flickr community!"
February 27th, 2010
in no time says:
"Nancy, your work is marvelous. You had captured so well the essence of the nature beauty. It's like sweet scent of the earth I perceive from time to time in the spring and have long kept record of it, which I can not trace to any particular source. Your photography are beautiful and sincere. Keep up the good work."
December 9th, 2009
Jen Pinker says:
"Since joining flickr, I quickly became Nancy's contact and am so glad I did. Her daily images are outstanding, from her various scenes of the maritimes, to her amazing bokeh florals..she is extremely creative and can even come up with an amazing shot in her kitchen sink. While I can't say I know the real Nancy, her enthusiasm and warmth definitely come through in her photo comments. I'm so glad I've come in contact with you Nancy!"
June 4th, 2009
"Not only is Nancy a fantastic and versatile photographer but always manages to find time to take a supportive interest in other people's photography......its so nice to know her on flickr."
December 20th, 2008
"Nancy is masterfully creative, dabbling in both the simple and the complex. Her eye for detail is well developed and her skill at capturing what she is thinking is honed to a fine point...
But not only that, but she is also one of the most friendly warm flickr community members out there. Whenever she visits I get an instant smile.
Nancy, keep being that ray of sunshine!!!!
November 14th, 2008
"Nancy is one of my newer contacts. She absolutely amazing at capturing beauty in the world around her. Her photos are rich with content and gorgeous imagery. She has a natural talent with a great eye for composition. One of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet...and I am very glad to call her my friend!"
July 25th, 2008
"I just "found" Nancy on Flickr a short time ago.
And I'm so glad I did.
Nancy's photos are thoughtful, rich....and I always love the accompanying text. Oh, and now I want to visit Nova Scotia again. N's view of that beautiful part of Canada delights me.
It's always a joy to find a kindred spirit on flickr."
July 24th, 2008
Jabi Artaraz says:
"NancY Rose es una maravilla de PERSONA: agradable, simpática, amable...; pero aparte de gran persona es una FOTÓGRAFA de muchos quilates. Dispara a flores, animales, atardeceres, amaneceres, macros... Una ARTISTA de las mejores que te puedes encontrar en flickr. Gracias, AMIGA, por todos tus comentarios y todas tus ayudas. Te estaré agradecido para siempre de haberte conocido con un mismo gusto: la FOTOGRAFÍA."
January 29th, 2008
"So, here is my stocking stuffer for Nancy. I met Nancy some time ago, we joked for a long time about the clear colored silicon breast implants attached to the underside of her picknick table. This image is in her stream. Nancy is an amazing photographer, she produces awesome images day in and day out. She takes her camera everywhere, and runs across major highways to capture beautiful images. We invite each other for coffee even though we are on opposite coast. She's sending me something stiff for my Christmas coffee. But back to Nancy she lives on the edge, takes award winning photographs, sounds like she is a great teacher at the school she teaches at and loves life. If you want to be wowed and impressed, pull up a chair and come see her stream, you'll never leave, you'll become a contact and you will make a wonderful flickr friend. Here's to you Nancy, you are phenomenal."
December 15th, 2007
"well firs of all Nancy is a great friend......
i love to watch her photos because are all straight from camera.....her semplicity is her great power in photography....
she is a great and talented photographer....every shot is unique and marvellous.....like she!!!!!
i'm lucky to have u like a friend ,sweet Nancy!!!!!!!!!
all the best 4 you forever!!!!"
December 12th, 2007
- June 2007
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- retired Guidance Counsellor and photographer/author
- Secret Life of Squirrels
- nancy.rose [at] gmail.com