Because we must act now: americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm a Texas artist in several media who has loved the camera for decades.
I paint murals and other decorative art, and do faux and cabinet finishes in Houston, Kingwood, Sugar Land, Bolivar Peninsula, Dallas, and beyond. I try to help bring the clients' own visions to reality, whether in art, texture or finish, working in a variety of media and products, including Venetian plaster, various glazes and metallic products.
I've done wedding photography, family photography, travel photography, advertising photography, catalog photography, photographs documenting construction projects, and civil and structural construction site surveys. Ages ago, I developed and taught a course in underwater photography.
I've done structural and civil inspections and managed civil construction projects nationwide. I've performed structural inspections on security towers at Los Alamos National Laboratory, and managed projects for various government and private clients, including the Department of Defense and Mississippi Air National Guard.
My Transportation Worker Identification Credential, TWIC card, is current and I would be very interested in doing photography for clients involved in transportation related fields, whether maritime, railroad, highway or other, anywhere.
While this photostream can serve as something of a portfolio, I would happily supply samples of my photography related to a client's needs.
Most of this photostream will be dreadfully boring to most viewers, since one of its purposes is to document some infrastructure that interests me.
I am a huge fan of flickr, this international community of artists, photographers, activists and spectators.
Photographers are missing out if they don't take advantage of Creative Commons, by which photographs, with proper attribution, get further exposure in online and print media.
My photostream is a mixture of old and new photos for photo's sake and photos recording my art, projects, etc.
Some of my photography is prompted by regret over photos not taken over the years, passing a bridge or a movie theater and telling myself that I really should take a picture of it, before its gone, only to pass it some time later, and it is gone.
Some of it is prompted by a here-there thing: the windows, the bridges, the old movie theaters, the books...
A pontist, I'll walk or kayak miles in to photograph an old bridge, especially if I haven't found recent photographs of it.
Born downtown, I've lived in metropolitan Houston all my life. I get exasperated with our casual attitude toward our architectural heritage, and with some other things. I'm still enjoying exploring Houston, learning about it, finding new perspectives. For all Houston's faults, my love affair with the place continues.
I also have more than forty years of slides and negatives, the best of which I hope to find time to scan. They document my love of Texas, the Gulf Coast in particular, the sea in general, and more.
- Shots Fired 211 photos, 87 members
- Motels 15,942 photos, 1,026 members
- U.S. County Courthouses 34,294 photos, 860 members
- Patriotic and Proud 6,573 photos, 765 members
- flag abuse 239 photos, 122 members
- The United States of America 30,880 photos, 276 members
- Stars & Stripes Forever 22 photos, 7 members
- Only In America 11,762 photos, 93 members
- Patriotism 1,560 photos, 201 members
- The United States of America. 25,371 photos, 434 members
- Prisons and Jails 6,254 photos, 1,021 members
- MAIN STREET 4,326 photos, 226 members
- Confederate History Sites 5,877 photos, 167 members
- Redneck Pictures 56 photos, 55 members
- Classic hotels and motels 1,726 photos, 128 members
- Resorts and Hotels 27,274 photos, 1,769 members
- Hotels 78,634 photos, 6,083 members
- Historic Hotels of America 5,702 photos, 351 members
- Southeast Texas Photographers 516 photos, 37 members
- Houston Metro 13,960 photos, 615 members
- Gazebos 1,139 photos, 305 members
- Old and New Texas Architecture 935 photos, 29 members
- Swamplot 7,094 photos, 201 members
- Texas Architecture 12,318 photos, 530 members
- Firehouses 9,330 photos, 605 members
- TORTURE & EXECUTION 34 photos, 549 members
- Downtown Houston 1,695 photos, 135 members
- Chairs at abandonments 11,610 photos, 1,275 members
- Churches of America 16,253 photos, 411 members
- Texas Churches & Cathedrals 3,330 photos, 383 members
- This is Texas 5,931 photos, 120 members
- YAHOOVILLE, USA 1,633 photos, 193 members
- Confederate flags 23 photos, 13 members
- Southern 876 photos, 481 members
- East Texas 5,072 photos, 243 members
- Texas Unlimited. 11,687 photos, 278 members
- American Civil War Monuments 9,089 photos, 338 members
- Civil War sites & Memorials today 22,275 photos, 862 members
- Texas Law Enforcement 6,099 photos, 127 members
- Civil War 6,055 photos, 213 members
- War Between The States 13,841 photos, 370 members
- Confederate Monuments 4,686 photos, 187 members
- Beaumont, Texas and Surrounding Areas 1,141 photos, 127 members
- Confederate States of America 3,365 photos, 81 members
- Surreal Shots 88,002 photos, 4,667 members
- The Bridge 19,661 photos, 1,516 members
- trains in action 303,667 photos, 1,007 members
- Texas: Off The Beaten Path 6,588 photos, 180 members
- Cabooses 7,840 photos, 397 members
- Tracks without trains 15,784 photos, 1,677 members
"Patrick sees and records the changing landscape. Noticing the eclectic is his vision and his talent. Always stylish and beautifully observed, these photographs have both a strong Texas accent and a global relevance.
It's been a pleasure to get to know Accent, sharing his outlook and learning about his home state. From high-rise Houston to forgotten bayous, it's a journey of contrasts, intriguing details and natural beauty.
Here's to the next year Patrick!"
May 8th, 2010
░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ says:
"some very fine infrastructure photography."
September 18th, 2009
- Patrick Feller
- November 2008
- Humble, Texas, USA
- I am:
- Artist and Photographer