Because we must act now: americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm a Texas artist in several media who has loved the camera for decades.
I paint murals and other decorative art, and do faux and cabinet finishes in Houston, Kingwood, Sugar Land, Bolivar Peninsula, Dallas, and beyond. I try to help bring the clients' own visions to reality, whether in art, texture or finish, working in a variety of media and products, including Venetian plaster, various glazes and metallic products.
I've done wedding photography, family photography, travel photography, advertising photography, catalog photography, photographs documenting construction projects, and civil and structural construction site surveys. Ages ago, I developed and taught a course in underwater photography.
I've done structural and civil inspections and managed civil construction projects nationwide. I've performed structural inspections on security towers at Los Alamos National Laboratory, and managed projects for various government and private clients, including the Department of Defense and Mississippi Air National Guard.
My Transportation Worker Identification Credential, TWIC card, is current and I would be very interested in doing photography for clients involved in transportation related fields, whether maritime, railroad, highway or other, anywhere.
While this photostream can serve as something of a portfolio, I would happily supply samples of my photography related to a client's needs.
Most of this photostream will be dreadfully boring to most viewers, since one of its purposes is to document some infrastructure that interests me.
I am a huge fan of flickr, this international community of artists, photographers, activists and spectators.
Photographers are missing out if they don't take advantage of Creative Commons, by which photographs, with proper attribution, get further exposure in online and print media.
My photostream is a mixture of old and new photos for photo's sake and photos recording my art, projects, etc.
Some of my photography is prompted by regret over photos not taken over the years, passing a bridge or a movie theater and telling myself that I really should take a picture of it, before its gone, only to pass it some time later, and it is gone.
Some of it is prompted by a here-there thing: the windows, the bridges, the old movie theaters, the books...
A pontist, I'll walk or kayak miles in to photograph an old bridge, especially if I haven't found recent photographs of it.
Born downtown, I've lived in metropolitan Houston all my life. I get exasperated with our casual attitude toward our architectural heritage, and with some other things. I'm still enjoying exploring Houston, learning about it, finding new perspectives. For all Houston's faults, my love affair with the place continues.
I also have more than forty years of slides and negatives, the best of which I hope to find time to scan. They document my love of Texas, the Gulf Coast in particular, the sea in general, and more.
- Airplanes 1,134,224 photos, 12,324 members
- Galveston Island 3,663 photos, 51 members
- Galveston 7,381 photos, 227 members
- Historical Buildings of Galveston, Tx 792 photos, 158 members
- Galveston, Texas 16,329 photos, 913 members
- Shots Fired 214 photos, 88 members
- Motels 16,090 photos, 1,032 members
- U.S. County Courthouses 34,615 photos, 862 members
- Patriotic and Proud 6,783 photos, 773 members
- flag abuse 225 photos, 121 members
- The United States of America 31,662 photos, 277 members
- Stars & Stripes Forever 25 photos, 7 members
- Only In America 11,702 photos, 91 members
- Patriotism 1,569 photos, 203 members
- The United States of America. 25,938 photos, 446 members
- Prisons and Jails 6,348 photos, 1,032 members
- MAIN STREET 4,600 photos, 227 members
- Confederate History Sites 6,065 photos, 167 members
- Redneck Pictures 62 photos, 56 members
- Classic hotels and motels 1,782 photos, 132 members
- Resorts and Hotels 27,725 photos, 1,780 members
- Hotels 79,585 photos, 6,105 members
- Historic Hotels of America 5,764 photos, 355 members
- Southeast Texas Photographers 526 photos, 37 members
- Houston Metro 14,067 photos, 616 members
- Gazebos 1,143 photos, 304 members
- Old and New Texas Architecture 941 photos, 29 members
- Swamplot 7,313 photos, 202 members
- Texas Architecture 12,482 photos, 537 members
- Firehouses 9,376 photos, 610 members
- TORTURE & EXECUTION 34 photos, 552 members
- Downtown Houston 1,723 photos, 137 members
- Chairs at abandonments 11,694 photos, 1,276 members
- Churches of America 16,765 photos, 413 members
- Texas Churches & Cathedrals 3,411 photos, 389 members
- This is Texas 6,377 photos, 123 members
- YAHOOVILLE, USA 1,633 photos, 193 members
- Confederate flags 23 photos, 13 members
- Southern 896 photos, 479 members
- East Texas 5,137 photos, 246 members
- Texas Unlimited. 12,437 photos, 294 members
- American Civil War Monuments 9,442 photos, 346 members
- Civil War sites & Memorials today 22,719 photos, 866 members
- Texas Law Enforcement 6,222 photos, 126 members
- Civil War 6,107 photos, 212 members
- War Between The States 14,204 photos, 372 members
- Confederate Monuments 4,831 photos, 192 members
- Beaumont, Texas and Surrounding Areas 1,155 photos, 128 members
- Confederate States of America 3,544 photos, 81 members
- Surreal Shots 89,234 photos, 4,686 members
"Patrick sees and records the changing landscape. Noticing the eclectic is his vision and his talent. Always stylish and beautifully observed, these photographs have both a strong Texas accent and a global relevance.
It's been a pleasure to get to know Accent, sharing his outlook and learning about his home state. From high-rise Houston to forgotten bayous, it's a journey of contrasts, intriguing details and natural beauty.
Here's to the next year Patrick!"
May 8th, 2010
brown recess says:
"some very fine infrastructure photography."
September 18th, 2009
- Patrick Feller
- November 2008
- Humble, Texas, USA
- I am:
- Artist and Photographer