Because we must act now: americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/
E-mail me at email@example.com
I'm a Texas artist in several media who has loved the camera for decades.
I paint murals and other decorative art, and do faux and cabinet finishes in Houston, Kingwood, Sugar Land, Bolivar Peninsula, Dallas, and beyond. I try to help bring the clients' own visions to reality, whether in art, texture or finish, working in a variety of media and products, including Venetian plaster, various glazes and metallic products.
I've done wedding photography, family photography, travel photography, advertising photography, catalog photography, photographs documenting construction projects, and civil and structural construction site surveys. Ages ago, I developed and taught a course in underwater photography.
I've done structural and civil inspections and managed civil construction projects nationwide. I've performed structural inspections on security towers at Los Alamos National Laboratory, and managed projects for various government and private clients, including the Department of Defense and Mississippi Air National Guard.
My Transportation Worker Identification Credential, TWIC card, is current and I would be very interested in doing photography for clients involved in transportation related fields, whether maritime, railroad, highway or other, anywhere.
While this photostream can serve as something of a portfolio, I would happily supply samples of my photography related to a client's needs.
Most of this photostream will be dreadfully boring to most viewers, since one of its purposes is to document some infrastructure that interests me.
I am a huge fan of flickr, this international community of artists, photographers, activists and spectators.
Photographers are missing out if they don't take advantage of Creative Commons, by which photographs, with proper attribution, get further exposure in online and print media.
My photostream is a mixture of old and new photos for photo's sake and photos recording my art, projects, etc.
Some of my photography is prompted by regret over photos not taken over the years, passing a bridge or a movie theater and telling myself that I really should take a picture of it, before its gone, only to pass it some time later, and it is gone.
Some of it is prompted by a here-there thing: the windows, the bridges, the old movie theaters, the books...
A pontist, I'll walk or kayak miles in to photograph an old bridge, especially if I haven't found recent photographs of it.
Born downtown, I've lived in metropolitan Houston all my life. I get exasperated with our casual attitude toward our architectural heritage, and with some other things. I'm still enjoying exploring Houston, learning about it, finding new perspectives. For all Houston's faults, my love affair with the place continues.
I also have more than forty years of slides and negatives, the best of which I hope to find time to scan. They document my love of Texas, the Gulf Coast in particular, the sea in general, and more.
- Civil War 5,524 photos, 184 members
- War Between The States 10,878 photos, 319 members
- Confederate Monuments 2,601 photos, 155 members
- Beaumont, Texas and Surrounding Areas 1,023 photos, 121 members
- Confederate States of America 1,425 photos, 56 members
- Surreal Shots 56,789 photos, 3,624 members
- The Bridge 15,471 photos, 1,343 members
- trains in action 174,940 photos, 599 members
- Texas: Off The Beaten Path 5,311 photos, 136 members
- Cabooses 5,753 photos, 334 members
- Tracks without trains 12,930 photos, 1,535 members
- I Heart Houston 1,603 photos, 74 members
- Cat Portraits 148,739 photos, 17,795 members
- Trinity River Texas 91 photos, 30 members
- Baytown, Texas 198 photos, 29 members
- Vanished 1,130 photos, 140 members
- Kodachrome 36,401 photos, 2,437 members
- Drawbridges 129 photos, 9 members
- People in Black & White 624,717 photos, 30,777 members
- Battleship Texas 891 photos, 68 members
- 2nd Amendment 2,638 photos, 299 members
- Bridges of the World 80,537 photos, 8,235 members
- Bridges at Work 580 photos, 64 members
- Trains on curves, hills and bridges 942 photos, 26 members
- Houston, Texas 58,144 photos, 2,595 members
- Houston and Harris County, Texas 1,988 photos, 98 members
- Houston 21,880 photos, 1,084 members
- Dallas 34,709 photos, 2,504 members
- I Love San Antonio, Texas! 5,710 photos, 318 members
- San Antonio, TX 15,695 photos, 1,339 members
- Vanishing Texas 10,796 photos, 696 members
- Abandoned Roads 1,409 photos, 117 members
- Monochrome America 3,122 photos, 124 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 15,999 photos, 16,229 members
- The Eyes of Texas 3,420 photos, 67 members
- Picture Texas with TSLAC 12,471 photos, 256 members
- U.S. Politics and the World; Political Debate w/ FREE SPEECH 1,937 photos, 124 members
- Political Discussion Group: U.S News 84 photos, 20 members
- political views 1,898 photos, 96 members
- Control Arms\ Armas Bajo Control 148 photos, 263 members
- America 40,211 photos, 1,062 members
- Control Arms 107 photos, 16 members
- Doors & Windows Project 162,826 photos, 14,095 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 176,473 photos, 17,710 members
- Texas 170,308 photos, 6,132 members
- paddling a canoe or kayak 4,191 photos, 408 members
- Your Best Railroad Shot 59,965 photos, 1,276 members
- Train-photographer's digest 860 photos, 966 members
- Railways in Monochrome 38,038 photos, 650 members
- Inspired by David Plowden 6,208 photos, 130 members
"Patrick sees and records the changing landscape. Noticing the eclectic is his vision and his talent. Always stylish and beautifully observed, these photographs have both a strong Texas accent and a global relevance.
It's been a pleasure to get to know Accent, sharing his outlook and learning about his home state. From high-rise Houston to forgotten bayous, it's a journey of contrasts, intriguing details and natural beauty.
Here's to the next year Patrick!"
May 8th, 2010
░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ says:
"some very fine infrastructure photography."
September 18th, 2009
- Patrick Feller
- November 2008
- Humble, Texas, USA
- I am: