Because we must act now: americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm a Texas artist in several media who has loved the camera for decades.
I paint murals and other decorative art, and do faux and cabinet finishes in Houston, Kingwood, Sugar Land, Bolivar Peninsula, Dallas, and beyond. I try to help bring the clients' own visions to reality, whether in art, texture or finish, working in a variety of media and products, including Venetian plaster, various glazes and metallic products.
I've done wedding photography, family photography, travel photography, advertising photography, catalog photography, photographs documenting construction projects, and civil and structural construction site surveys. Ages ago, I developed and taught a course in underwater photography.
I've done structural and civil inspections and managed civil construction projects nationwide. I've performed structural inspections on security towers at Los Alamos National Laboratory, and managed projects for various government and private clients, including the Department of Defense and Mississippi Air National Guard.
My Transportation Worker Identification Credential, TWIC card, is current and I would be very interested in doing photography for clients involved in transportation related fields, whether maritime, railroad, highway or other, anywhere.
While this photostream can serve as something of a portfolio, I would happily supply samples of my photography related to a client's needs.
Most of this photostream will be dreadfully boring to most viewers, since one of its purposes is to document some infrastructure that interests me.
I am a huge fan of flickr, this international community of artists, photographers, activists and spectators.
Photographers are missing out if they don't take advantage of Creative Commons, by which photographs, with proper attribution, get further exposure in online and print media.
My photostream is a mixture of old and new photos for photo's sake and photos recording my art, projects, etc.
Some of my photography is prompted by regret over photos not taken over the years, passing a bridge or a movie theater and telling myself that I really should take a picture of it, before its gone, only to pass it some time later, and it is gone.
Some of it is prompted by a here-there thing: the windows, the bridges, the old movie theaters, the books...
A pontist, I'll walk or kayak miles in to photograph an old bridge, especially if I haven't found recent photographs of it.
Born downtown, I've lived in metropolitan Houston all my life. I get exasperated with our casual attitude toward our architectural heritage, and with some other things. I'm still enjoying exploring Houston, learning about it, finding new perspectives. For all Houston's faults, my love affair with the place continues.
I also have more than forty years of slides and negatives, the best of which I hope to find time to scan. They document my love of Texas, the Gulf Coast in particular, the sea in general, and more.
- Texas Unlimited. 6,950 photos, 182 members
- American Civil War Monuments 6,745 photos, 309 members
- Civil War sites & Memorials today 19,529 photos, 809 members
- Texas Law Enforcement 5,070 photos, 113 members
- Civil War 5,669 photos, 191 members
- War Between The States 11,534 photos, 330 members
- Confederate Monuments 3,025 photos, 165 members
- Beaumont, Texas and Surrounding Areas 1,050 photos, 124 members
- Confederate States of America 1,858 photos, 67 members
- Surreal Shots 67,421 photos, 4,059 members
- The Bridge 16,667 photos, 1,417 members
- trains in action 210,553 photos, 688 members
- Texas: Off The Beaten Path 5,600 photos, 147 members
- Cabooses 6,313 photos, 358 members
- Tracks without trains 13,797 photos, 1,589 members
- I Heart Houston 1,681 photos, 80 members
- Cat Portraits 154,237 photos, 18,223 members
- Trinity River Texas 91 photos, 30 members
- Baytown, Texas 219 photos, 29 members
- Vanished 1,211 photos, 145 members
- Kodachrome 38,771 photos, 2,497 members
- Drawbridges 124 photos, 10 members
- People in Black & White 661,070 photos, 31,883 members
- Battleship Texas 901 photos, 72 members
- 2nd Amendment 2,833 photos, 310 members
- Bridges of the World 84,777 photos, 8,436 members
- Bridges at Work 583 photos, 65 members
- Trains on curves, hills and bridges 1,290 photos, 35 members
- Houston, Texas 61,404 photos, 2,643 members
- Houston and Harris County, Texas 2,189 photos, 104 members
- Houston 22,507 photos, 1,098 members
- Dallas 35,880 photos, 2,583 members
- I Love San Antonio, Texas! 6,136 photos, 338 members
- San Antonio, TX 16,357 photos, 1,364 members
- Vanishing Texas 11,120 photos, 715 members
- Abandoned Roads 1,469 photos, 133 members
- Monochrome America 4,036 photos, 150 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 16,488 photos, 17,346 members
- The Eyes of Texas 3,930 photos, 74 members
- Picture Texas with TSLAC 13,624 photos, 262 members
- U.S. Politics and the World; Political Debate w/ FREE SPEECH 2,157 photos, 131 members
- Political Discussion Group: U.S News 99 photos, 21 members
- political views 2,064 photos, 96 members
- Control Arms\ Armas Bajo Control 149 photos, 264 members
- America 42,838 photos, 1,139 members
- Control Arms 107 photos, 16 members
- Doors & Windows Project 169,527 photos, 14,201 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 184,530 photos, 18,022 members
- Texas 180,681 photos, 6,330 members
- paddling a canoe or kayak 4,314 photos, 418 members
"Patrick sees and records the changing landscape. Noticing the eclectic is his vision and his talent. Always stylish and beautifully observed, these photographs have both a strong Texas accent and a global relevance.
It's been a pleasure to get to know Accent, sharing his outlook and learning about his home state. From high-rise Houston to forgotten bayous, it's a journey of contrasts, intriguing details and natural beauty.
Here's to the next year Patrick!"
May 8th, 2010
░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ says:
"some very fine infrastructure photography."
September 18th, 2009
- Patrick Feller
- November 2008
- Humble, Texas, USA
- I am: