Because we must act now: americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm a Texas artist in several media who has loved the camera for decades.
I paint murals and other decorative art, and do faux and cabinet finishes in Houston, Kingwood, Sugar Land, Bolivar Peninsula, Dallas, and beyond. I try to help bring the clients' own visions to reality, whether in art, texture or finish, working in a variety of media and products, including Venetian plaster, various glazes and metallic products.
I've done wedding photography, family photography, travel photography, advertising photography, catalog photography, photographs documenting construction projects, and civil and structural construction site surveys. Ages ago, I developed and taught a course in underwater photography.
I've done structural and civil inspections and managed civil construction projects nationwide. I've performed structural inspections on security towers at Los Alamos National Laboratory, and managed projects for various government and private clients, including the Department of Defense and Mississippi Air National Guard.
My Transportation Worker Identification Credential, TWIC card, is current and I would be very interested in doing photography for clients involved in transportation related fields, whether maritime, railroad, highway or other, anywhere.
While this photostream can serve as something of a portfolio, I would happily supply samples of my photography related to a client's needs.
Most of this photostream will be dreadfully boring to most viewers, since one of its purposes is to document some infrastructure that interests me.
I am a huge fan of flickr, this international community of artists, photographers, activists and spectators.
Photographers are missing out if they don't take advantage of Creative Commons, by which photographs, with proper attribution, get further exposure in online and print media.
My photostream is a mixture of old and new photos for photo's sake and photos recording my art, projects, etc.
Some of my photography is prompted by regret over photos not taken over the years, passing a bridge or a movie theater and telling myself that I really should take a picture of it, before its gone, only to pass it some time later, and it is gone.
Some of it is prompted by a here-there thing: the windows, the bridges, the old movie theaters, the books...
A pontist, I'll walk or kayak miles in to photograph an old bridge, especially if I haven't found recent photographs of it.
Born downtown, I've lived in metropolitan Houston all my life. I get exasperated with our casual attitude toward our architectural heritage, and with some other things. I'm still enjoying exploring Houston, learning about it, finding new perspectives. For all Houston's faults, my love affair with the place continues.
I also have more than forty years of slides and negatives, the best of which I hope to find time to scan. They document my love of Texas, the Gulf Coast in particular, the sea in general, and more.
- Civil War 5,579 photos, 184 members
- War Between The States 11,138 photos, 321 members
- Confederate Monuments 2,755 photos, 159 members
- Beaumont, Texas and Surrounding Areas 1,024 photos, 120 members
- Confederate States of America 1,558 photos, 58 members
- Surreal Shots 60,488 photos, 3,785 members
- The Bridge 15,790 photos, 1,371 members
- trains in action 185,302 photos, 628 members
- Texas: Off The Beaten Path 5,426 photos, 139 members
- Cabooses 5,926 photos, 346 members
- Tracks without trains 13,240 photos, 1,548 members
- I Heart Houston 1,643 photos, 77 members
- Cat Portraits 150,492 photos, 17,950 members
- Trinity River Texas 91 photos, 30 members
- Baytown, Texas 216 photos, 29 members
- Vanished 1,144 photos, 141 members
- Kodachrome 37,439 photos, 2,457 members
- Drawbridges 121 photos, 9 members
- People in Black & White 635,485 photos, 31,207 members
- Battleship Texas 896 photos, 69 members
- 2nd Amendment 2,691 photos, 300 members
- Bridges of the World 81,836 photos, 8,292 members
- Bridges at Work 579 photos, 65 members
- Trains on curves, hills and bridges 1,049 photos, 28 members
- Houston, Texas 59,598 photos, 2,614 members
- Houston and Harris County, Texas 2,051 photos, 98 members
- Houston 22,151 photos, 1,089 members
- Dallas 35,113 photos, 2,528 members
- I Love San Antonio, Texas! 5,943 photos, 328 members
- San Antonio, TX 15,985 photos, 1,347 members
- Vanishing Texas 10,930 photos, 703 members
- Abandoned Roads 1,410 photos, 121 members
- Monochrome America 3,450 photos, 134 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 16,161 photos, 16,609 members
- The Eyes of Texas 3,420 photos, 68 members
- Picture Texas with TSLAC 12,810 photos, 256 members
- U.S. Politics and the World; Political Debate w/ FREE SPEECH 1,954 photos, 124 members
- Political Discussion Group: U.S News 91 photos, 20 members
- political views 1,910 photos, 95 members
- Control Arms\ Armas Bajo Control 148 photos, 264 members
- America 41,020 photos, 1,086 members
- Control Arms 107 photos, 16 members
- Doors & Windows Project 164,873 photos, 14,136 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 179,307 photos, 17,820 members
- Texas 173,571 photos, 6,189 members
- paddling a canoe or kayak 4,202 photos, 408 members
- Your Best Railroad Shot 64,964 photos, 1,315 members
- Train-photographer's digest 931 photos, 1,050 members
- Railways in Monochrome 39,789 photos, 693 members
- Inspired by David Plowden 6,458 photos, 132 members
"Patrick sees and records the changing landscape. Noticing the eclectic is his vision and his talent. Always stylish and beautifully observed, these photographs have both a strong Texas accent and a global relevance.
It's been a pleasure to get to know Accent, sharing his outlook and learning about his home state. From high-rise Houston to forgotten bayous, it's a journey of contrasts, intriguing details and natural beauty.
Here's to the next year Patrick!"
May 8th, 2010
░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ says:
"some very fine infrastructure photography."
September 18th, 2009
- Patrick Feller
- November 2008
- Humble, Texas, USA
- I am: