Because we must act now: americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/
E-mail me at email@example.com
I'm a Texas artist in several media who has loved the camera for decades.
I paint murals and other decorative art, and do faux and cabinet finishes in Houston, Kingwood, Sugar Land, Bolivar Peninsula, Dallas, and beyond. I try to help bring the clients' own visions to reality, whether in art, texture or finish, working in a variety of media and products, including Venetian plaster, various glazes and metallic products.
I've done wedding photography, family photography, travel photography, advertising photography, catalog photography, photographs documenting construction projects, and civil and structural construction site surveys. Ages ago, I developed and taught a course in underwater photography.
I've done structural and civil inspections and managed civil construction projects nationwide. I've performed structural inspections on security towers at Los Alamos National Laboratory, and managed projects for various government and private clients, including the Department of Defense and Mississippi Air National Guard.
My Transportation Worker Identification Credential, TWIC card, is current and I would be very interested in doing photography for clients involved in transportation related fields, whether maritime, railroad, highway or other, anywhere.
While this photostream can serve as something of a portfolio, I would happily supply samples of my photography related to a client's needs.
Most of this photostream will be dreadfully boring to most viewers, since one of its purposes is to document some infrastructure that interests me.
I am a huge fan of flickr, this international community of artists, photographers, activists and spectators.
Photographers are missing out if they don't take advantage of Creative Commons, by which photographs, with proper attribution, get further exposure in online and print media.
My photostream is a mixture of old and new photos for photo's sake and photos recording my art, projects, etc.
Some of my photography is prompted by regret over photos not taken over the years, passing a bridge or a movie theater and telling myself that I really should take a picture of it, before its gone, only to pass it some time later, and it is gone.
Some of it is prompted by a here-there thing: the windows, the bridges, the old movie theaters, the books...
A pontist, I'll walk or kayak miles in to photograph an old bridge, especially if I haven't found recent photographs of it.
Born downtown, I've lived in metropolitan Houston all my life. I get exasperated with our casual attitude toward our architectural heritage, and with some other things. I'm still enjoying exploring Houston, learning about it, finding new perspectives. For all Houston's faults, my love affair with the place continues.
I also have more than forty years of slides and negatives, the best of which I hope to find time to scan. They document my love of Texas, the Gulf Coast in particular, the sea in general, and more.
- This is Texas 4,942 photos, 81 members
- YAHOOVILLE, USA 1,640 photos, 190 members
- Confederate flags 14 photos, 7 members
- Southern 672 photos, 471 members
- East Texas 4,763 photos, 227 members
- Texas Unlimited. 8,209 photos, 212 members
- American Civil War Monuments 6,966 photos, 309 members
- Civil War sites & Memorials today 19,619 photos, 815 members
- Texas Law Enforcement 7,169 photos, 118 members
- Civil War 5,801 photos, 193 members
- War Between The States 11,704 photos, 332 members
- Confederate Monuments 3,154 photos, 165 members
- Beaumont, Texas and Surrounding Areas 1,056 photos, 123 members
- Confederate States of America 1,951 photos, 67 members
- Surreal Shots 72,390 photos, 4,243 members
- The Bridge 17,339 photos, 1,445 members
- trains in action 231,629 photos, 760 members
- Texas: Off The Beaten Path 5,673 photos, 153 members
- Cabooses 6,667 photos, 371 members
- Tracks without trains 14,135 photos, 1,610 members
- I Heart Houston 1,721 photos, 85 members
- Cat Portraits 157,195 photos, 18,429 members
- Trinity River Texas 91 photos, 30 members
- Baytown, Texas 273 photos, 30 members
- Vanished 1,260 photos, 145 members
- Kodachrome 39,599 photos, 2,535 members
- Drawbridges 126 photos, 10 members
- People in Black & White 680,089 photos, 32,352 members
- Battleship Texas 918 photos, 76 members
- 2nd Amendment 2,923 photos, 312 members
- Bridges of the World 87,315 photos, 8,530 members
- Bridges at Work 592 photos, 65 members
- Trains on curves, hills and bridges 1,565 photos, 41 members
- Houston, Texas 62,376 photos, 2,675 members
- Houston and Harris County, Texas 2,260 photos, 106 members
- Houston 22,476 photos, 1,106 members
- Dallas 36,392 photos, 2,614 members
- I Love San Antonio, Texas! 6,372 photos, 346 members
- San Antonio, TX 16,458 photos, 1,376 members
- Vanishing Texas 11,405 photos, 721 members
- Abandoned Roads 1,513 photos, 155 members
- Monochrome America 4,405 photos, 154 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 16,706 photos, 17,681 members
- The Eyes of Texas 4,238 photos, 77 members
- Picture Texas with TSLAC 14,096 photos, 265 members
- U.S. Politics and the World; Political Debate w/ FREE SPEECH 2,218 photos, 143 members
- Political Discussion Group: U.S News 101 photos, 21 members
- political views 2,245 photos, 101 members
- Control Arms\ Armas Bajo Control 149 photos, 263 members
- America 44,664 photos, 1,174 members
"Patrick sees and records the changing landscape. Noticing the eclectic is his vision and his talent. Always stylish and beautifully observed, these photographs have both a strong Texas accent and a global relevance.
It's been a pleasure to get to know Accent, sharing his outlook and learning about his home state. From high-rise Houston to forgotten bayous, it's a journey of contrasts, intriguing details and natural beauty.
Here's to the next year Patrick!"
May 8th, 2010
░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ says:
"some very fine infrastructure photography."
September 18th, 2009
- Patrick Feller
- November 2008
- Humble, Texas, USA
- I am: