Because we must act now: americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm a Texas artist in several media who has loved the camera for decades.
I paint murals and other decorative art, and do faux and cabinet finishes in Houston, Kingwood, Sugar Land, Bolivar Peninsula, Dallas, and beyond. I try to help bring the clients' own visions to reality, whether in art, texture or finish, working in a variety of media and products, including Venetian plaster, various glazes and metallic products.
I've done wedding photography, family photography, travel photography, advertising photography, catalog photography, photographs documenting construction projects, and civil and structural construction site surveys. Ages ago, I developed and taught a course in underwater photography.
I've done structural and civil inspections and managed civil construction projects nationwide. I've performed structural inspections on security towers at Los Alamos National Laboratory, and managed projects for various government and private clients, including the Department of Defense and Mississippi Air National Guard.
My Transportation Worker Identification Credential, TWIC card, is current and I would be very interested in doing photography for clients involved in transportation related fields, whether maritime, railroad, highway or other, anywhere.
While this photostream can serve as something of a portfolio, I would happily supply samples of my photography related to a client's needs.
Most of this photostream will be dreadfully boring to most viewers, since one of its purposes is to document some infrastructure that interests me.
I am a huge fan of flickr, this international community of artists, photographers, activists and spectators.
Photographers are missing out if they don't take advantage of Creative Commons, by which photographs, with proper attribution, get further exposure in online and print media.
My photostream is a mixture of old and new photos for photo's sake and photos recording my art, projects, etc.
Some of my photography is prompted by regret over photos not taken over the years, passing a bridge or a movie theater and telling myself that I really should take a picture of it, before its gone, only to pass it some time later, and it is gone.
Some of it is prompted by a here-there thing: the windows, the bridges, the old movie theaters, the books...
A pontist, I'll walk or kayak miles in to photograph an old bridge, especially if I haven't found recent photographs of it.
Born downtown, I've lived in metropolitan Houston all my life. I get exasperated with our casual attitude toward our architectural heritage, and with some other things. I'm still enjoying exploring Houston, learning about it, finding new perspectives. For all Houston's faults, my love affair with the place continues.
I also have more than forty years of slides and negatives, the best of which I hope to find time to scan. They document my love of Texas, the Gulf Coast in particular, the sea in general, and more.
- Civil War 5,504 photos, 183 members
- War Between The States 10,722 photos, 318 members
- Confederate Monuments 2,568 photos, 153 members
- Beaumont, Texas and Surrounding Areas 1,023 photos, 122 members
- Confederate States of America 1,348 photos, 57 members
- Surreal Shots 54,099 photos, 3,508 members
- The Bridge 15,160 photos, 1,330 members
- trains in action 167,162 photos, 577 members
- Texas: Off The Beaten Path 5,200 photos, 130 members
- Cabooses 5,590 photos, 331 members
- Tracks without trains 12,646 photos, 1,516 members
- I Heart Houston 1,587 photos, 75 members
- Cat Portraits 147,862 photos, 17,685 members
- Trinity River Texas 91 photos, 30 members
- Baytown, Texas 198 photos, 29 members
- Vanished 1,121 photos, 139 members
- Kodachrome 35,875 photos, 2,424 members
- Drawbridges 128 photos, 8 members
- People in Black & White 614,084 photos, 30,415 members
- Battleship Texas 889 photos, 68 members
- 2nd Amendment 2,598 photos, 295 members
- Bridges of the World 79,658 photos, 8,171 members
- Bridges at Work 578 photos, 63 members
- Trains on curves, hills and bridges 900 photos, 24 members
- Houston, Texas 57,374 photos, 2,575 members
- Houston and Harris County, Texas 1,954 photos, 95 members
- Houston 21,746 photos, 1,083 members
- Dallas 34,449 photos, 2,495 members
- I Love San Antonio, Texas! 5,617 photos, 316 members
- San Antonio, TX 15,582 photos, 1,335 members
- Vanishing Texas 10,717 photos, 691 members
- Abandoned Roads 1,406 photos, 114 members
- Monochrome America 3,008 photos, 120 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 15,872 photos, 15,899 members
- The Eyes of Texas 3,358 photos, 64 members
- Picture Texas with TSLAC 12,154 photos, 256 members
- U.S. Politics and the World; Political Debate w/ FREE SPEECH 1,872 photos, 124 members
- Political Discussion Group: U.S News 73 photos, 20 members
- political views 1,797 photos, 96 members
- Control Arms\ Armas Bajo Control 147 photos, 263 members
- America 40,389 photos, 1,050 members
- Control Arms 107 photos, 16 members
- Doors & Windows Project 161,019 photos, 14,045 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 174,266 photos, 17,631 members
- Texas 168,172 photos, 6,088 members
- paddling a canoe or kayak 4,164 photos, 407 members
- Your Best Railroad Shot 57,038 photos, 1,247 members
- Train-photographer's digest 836 photos, 925 members
- Railways in Monochrome 36,731 photos, 630 members
- Inspired by David Plowden 6,036 photos, 127 members
"Patrick sees and records the changing landscape. Noticing the eclectic is his vision and his talent. Always stylish and beautifully observed, these photographs have both a strong Texas accent and a global relevance.
It's been a pleasure to get to know Accent, sharing his outlook and learning about his home state. From high-rise Houston to forgotten bayous, it's a journey of contrasts, intriguing details and natural beauty.
Here's to the next year Patrick!"
May 8th, 2010
░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ says:
"some very fine infrastructure photography."
September 18th, 2009
- Patrick Feller
- November 2008
- Humble, Texas, USA
- I am: