Because we must act now: americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/
E-mail me at email@example.com
I'm a Texas artist in several media who has loved the camera for decades.
I paint murals and other decorative art, and do faux and cabinet finishes in Houston, Kingwood, Sugar Land, Bolivar Peninsula, Dallas, and beyond. I try to help bring the clients' own visions to reality, whether in art, texture or finish, working in a variety of media and products, including Venetian plaster, various glazes and metallic products.
I've done wedding photography, family photography, travel photography, advertising photography, catalog photography, photographs documenting construction projects, and civil and structural construction site surveys. Ages ago, I developed and taught a course in underwater photography.
I've done structural and civil inspections and managed civil construction projects nationwide. I've performed structural inspections on security towers at Los Alamos National Laboratory, and managed projects for various government and private clients, including the Department of Defense and Mississippi Air National Guard.
My Transportation Worker Identification Credential, TWIC card, is current and I would be very interested in doing photography for clients involved in transportation related fields, whether maritime, railroad, highway or other, anywhere.
While this photostream can serve as something of a portfolio, I would happily supply samples of my photography related to a client's needs.
Most of this photostream will be dreadfully boring to most viewers, since one of its purposes is to document some infrastructure that interests me.
I am a huge fan of flickr, this international community of artists, photographers, activists and spectators.
Photographers are missing out if they don't take advantage of Creative Commons, by which photographs, with proper attribution, get further exposure in online and print media.
My photostream is a mixture of old and new photos for photo's sake and photos recording my art, projects, etc.
Some of my photography is prompted by regret over photos not taken over the years, passing a bridge or a movie theater and telling myself that I really should take a picture of it, before its gone, only to pass it some time later, and it is gone.
Some of it is prompted by a here-there thing: the windows, the bridges, the old movie theaters, the books...
A pontist, I'll walk or kayak miles in to photograph an old bridge, especially if I haven't found recent photographs of it.
Born downtown, I've lived in metropolitan Houston all my life. I get exasperated with our casual attitude toward our architectural heritage, and with some other things. I'm still enjoying exploring Houston, learning about it, finding new perspectives. For all Houston's faults, my love affair with the place continues.
I also have more than forty years of slides and negatives, the best of which I hope to find time to scan. They document my love of Texas, the Gulf Coast in particular, the sea in general, and more.
- Confederate States of America 1,231 photos, 49 members
- Surreal Shots 48,920 photos, 3,293 members
- The Bridge 14,766 photos, 1,311 members
- trains in action 154,852 photos, 534 members
- Texas: Off The Beaten Path 5,051 photos, 125 members
- Cabooses 5,328 photos, 323 members
- Tracks without trains 12,139 photos, 1,485 members
- I Heart Houston 1,564 photos, 73 members
- Cat Portraits 146,089 photos, 17,471 members
- Trinity River Texas 91 photos, 30 members
- Baytown, Texas 197 photos, 27 members
- Vanished 1,103 photos, 138 members
- Kodachrome 35,479 photos, 2,398 members
- Drawbridges 128 photos, 8 members
- People in Black & White 590,103 photos, 29,622 members
- Battleship Texas 886 photos, 68 members
- 2nd Amendment 2,519 photos, 285 members
- Bridges of the World 77,984 photos, 8,102 members
- Bridges at Work 577 photos, 64 members
- Trains on curves, hills and bridges 800 photos, 23 members
- Houston, Texas 56,314 photos, 2,541 members
- Houston and Harris County, Texas 1,897 photos, 95 members
- Houston 21,365 photos, 1,074 members
- Dallas 33,971 photos, 2,464 members
- I Love San Antonio, Texas! 5,340 photos, 303 members
- San Antonio, TX 15,236 photos, 1,305 members
- Vanishing Texas 10,457 photos, 681 members
- Abandoned Roads 1,396 photos, 110 members
- Monochrome America 2,808 photos, 108 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 15,624 photos, 15,235 members
- The Eyes of Texas 3,100 photos, 62 members
- Picture Texas with TSLAC 11,622 photos, 252 members
- U.S. Politics and the World; Political Debate w/ FREE SPEECH 1,801 photos, 119 members
- Political Discussion Group: U.S News 66 photos, 19 members
- political views 1,774 photos, 91 members
- Control Arms\ Armas Bajo Control 134 photos, 260 members
- America 39,402 photos, 1,026 members
- Control Arms 107 photos, 16 members
- Doors & Windows Project 158,163 photos, 13,937 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 170,642 photos, 17,493 members
- Texas 163,698 photos, 5,976 members
- paddling a canoe or kayak 4,097 photos, 402 members
- Your Best Railroad Shot 52,045 photos, 1,186 members
- Train-photographer's digest 768 photos, 850 members
- Railways in Monochrome 35,141 photos, 607 members
- Inspired by David Plowden 5,707 photos, 124 members
- Abandoned Railroad Grades, Bridges, Tunnels: With Location 253 photos, 40 members
- Rail in Black & White 2,816 photos, 196 members
- Bridges 133,894 photos, 12,112 members
- Cemeteries in Monochrome 9,194 photos, 983 members
"Patrick sees and records the changing landscape. Noticing the eclectic is his vision and his talent. Always stylish and beautifully observed, these photographs have both a strong Texas accent and a global relevance.
It's been a pleasure to get to know Accent, sharing his outlook and learning about his home state. From high-rise Houston to forgotten bayous, it's a journey of contrasts, intriguing details and natural beauty.
Here's to the next year Patrick!"
May 8th, 2010
░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ ░ says:
"some very fine infrastructure photography."
September 18th, 2009
- Patrick Feller
- November 2008
- Humble, Texas, USA
- I am: