I am a professional freelance photographer, and will do nearly any kind of photography. I am willing to do some events pro bono. I have hundreds of thousands of images in my collection, less than 2% are on Flickr. Even some Flickr sets only show a small percentage of the images from a particular event.
I'll shoot nearly any thing no matter which side of the social or political spectrum it's on. I'll cover a pro-life rally with the same enthusiasm as a pro-choice rally. I've covered Tea Parties, and the One Nation working together rally. The pictures ARE the story, and I won't tell you what to think. Draw your own conclusions. Think for yourself, always.
For any photos which could be used for any news story, I abide by the AP electronic photography ethics policy, mainly:
"The content of a photograph will NEVER be changed or manipulated in any way.
Only the established norms of standard photo printing methods such as burning, dodging, toning and cropping are acceptable. Retouching is limited to removal of normal scratches and dust spots."
This does NOT apply to my wedding shots, party shots, etc. This is only for photos that could be news items, and the like. Ask me if you want to know about a particualar photo, or set of photos. If I EVER edit a photojournalistic photo beyond this, it will be plainly stated in the description, but I can't recall ever feeling the need to edit one.
My multiplicity shots are obvious examples of photos that have been manipulated. I will NOT do this at rallies, conferences, political events, etc... Again, ask if you want to make sure.
I usually don't get paid to cover any of the news events here. When I am paid to cover an event, I almost always am contractually prohibited from making those photo available online.
What you see here I do on my own, and don't get paid a dime. If you wish to support these efforts, please contact me and I will give you my email address or mailing address. Cameras and equipment are NOT cheap, and neither is gas, so any support is GREATLY appreciated.
If you use my work, PLEASE help support my continued effots. I promise you good Karma will follow!
I'm currently shooting with a pair of Canon EOS 1DX bodies, seven different L series lenses, all current models, and an EOS 7D modified for infrared only. Various flashes, strobes, triggers, etc.
markn3tel's favorite photos from other Flickr members (1)
- LifePixel IR / Kolari Vision - Infrared Converted Camera Group 4,505 photos, 243 members
- Barack Obama Photos 14,390 photos, 3,227 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography: 2017 951,623 photos, 89,540 members
- Lighting Essentials 99,253 photos, 8,400 members
- Music Photography 595,379 photos, 16,151 members
- Thievery Corporation 255 photos, 50 members
- Concert Photography 217,499 photos, 38,312 members
- 1 Million Aircraft Photos 631,025 photos, 5,123 members
- American Autumn / october2011.org 1,305 photos, 32 members
- Occupy DC 4,298 photos, 127 members
- Strobist.com 608,866 photos, 124,075 members
- Clones 17,285 photos, 5,477 members
- Four-on-a-Couch 1,409 photos, 249 members
- Multiplicity 10,356 photos, 3,013 members
- Maryland, USA 77,086 photos, 1,832 members
- DCist Photos 180,776 photos, 4,602 members
- Digital Infrared 103,913 photos, 8,712 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 620,918 photos, 44,756 members
- DC Photo Rights 646 photos, 702 members
- Photojournalism & Photojournalists 327,304 photos, 11,090 members
- Night Images 1,195,229 photos, 162,967 members
- Rush 3,485 photos, 450 members
- Rockville Maryland 862 photos, 37 members
- The CONSORTIUM (MEET-UP) of ARTISTS 175 photos, 24 members
markn3tel doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Mark Taylor
- March 2010
- Rockville, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken