I am a professional freelance photographer, and will do nearly any kind of photography. I am willing to do some events pro bono. I have hundreds of thousands of images in my collection, less than 2% are on Flickr. Even some Flickr sets only show a small percentage of the images from a particular event.
I'll shoot nearly any thing no matter which side of the social or political spectrum it's on. I'll cover a pro-life rally with the same enthusiasm as a pro-choice rally. I've covered Tea Parties, and the One Nation working together rally. The pictures ARE the story, and I won't tell you what to think. Draw your own conclusions. Think for yourself, always.
For any photos which could be used for any news story, I abide by the AP electronic photography ethics policy, mainly:
"The content of a photograph will NEVER be changed or manipulated in any way.
Only the established norms of standard photo printing methods such as burning, dodging, toning and cropping are acceptable. Retouching is limited to removal of normal scratches and dust spots."
This does NOT apply to my wedding shots, party shots, etc. This is only for photos that could be news items, and the like. Ask me if you want to know about a particualar photo, or set of photos. If I EVER edit a photojournalistic photo beyond this, it will be plainly stated in the description, but I can't recall ever feeling the need to edit one.
My multiplicity shots are obvious examples of photos that have been manipulated. I will NOT do this at rallies, conferences, political events, etc... Again, ask if you want to make sure.
I usually don't get paid to cover any of the news events here. When I am paid to cover an event, I almost always am contractually prohibited from making those photo available online.
What you see here I do on my own, and don't get paid a dime. If you wish to support these efforts, please contact me and I will give you my email address or mailing address. Cameras and equipment are NOT cheap, and neither is gas, so any support is GREATLY appreciated.
If you use my work, PLEASE help support my continued effots. I promise you good Karma will follow!
I'm currently shooting with a pair of Canon EOS 1DX bodies, seven different L series lenses, all current models, and an EOS 7D modified for infrared only. Various flashes, strobes, triggers, etc.
markn3tel's favorite photos from other Flickr members (1)
- LifePixel IR / Kolari Vision - Infrared Converted Camera Group 4,170 photos, 235 members
- Barack Obama Photos 14,400 photos, 3,227 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography: 2017 948,043 photos, 89,359 members
- Lighting Essentials 97,748 photos, 8,378 members
- Music Photography 582,633 photos, 16,046 members
- Thievery Corporation 255 photos, 50 members
- Concert Photography 215,996 photos, 38,181 members
- 1 Million Aircraft Photos 606,376 photos, 5,009 members
- American Autumn / october2011.org 1,305 photos, 32 members
- Occupy DC 4,281 photos, 127 members
- Strobist.com 609,237 photos, 124,014 members
- Clones 17,297 photos, 5,482 members
- Four-on-a-Couch 1,411 photos, 247 members
- Multiplicity 10,331 photos, 3,009 members
- Maryland, USA 75,980 photos, 1,823 members
- DCist Photos 179,394 photos, 4,589 members
- Digital Infrared 102,134 photos, 8,661 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 621,685 photos, 44,309 members
- DC Photo Rights 642 photos, 702 members
- Photojournalism & Photojournalists 318,393 photos, 11,036 members
- Night Images 1,183,194 photos, 162,166 members
- Rush 3,484 photos, 450 members
- Rockville Maryland 862 photos, 37 members
- The CONSORTIUM (MEET-UP) of ARTISTS 175 photos, 24 members
markn3tel doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Mark Taylor
- March 2010
- Rockville, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken