I am a professional freelance photographer, and will do nearly any kind of photography. I am willing to do some events pro bono. I have hundreds of thousands of images in my collection, less than 2% are on Flickr. Even some Flickr sets only show a small percentage of the images from a particular event.
I'll shoot nearly any thing no matter which side of the social or political spectrum it's on. I'll cover a pro-life rally with the same enthusiasm as a pro-choice rally. I've covered Tea Parties, and the One Nation working together rally. The pictures ARE the story, and I won't tell you what to think. Draw your own conclusions. Think for yourself, always.
For any photos which could be used for any news story, I abide by the AP electronic photography ethics policy, mainly:
"The content of a photograph will NEVER be changed or manipulated in any way.
Only the established norms of standard photo printing methods such as burning, dodging, toning and cropping are acceptable. Retouching is limited to removal of normal scratches and dust spots."
This does NOT apply to my wedding shots, party shots, etc. This is only for photos that could be news items, and the like. Ask me if you want to know about a particualar photo, or set of photos. If I EVER edit a photojournalistic photo beyond this, it will be plainly stated in the description, but I can't recall ever feeling the need to edit one.
My multiplicity shots are obvious examples of photos that have been manipulated. I will NOT do this at rallies, conferences, political events, etc... Again, ask if you want to make sure.
I usually don't get paid to cover any of the news events here. When I am paid to cover an event, I almost always am contractually prohibited from making those photo available online.
What you see here I do on my own, and don't get paid a dime. If you wish to support these efforts, please contact me and I will give you my email address or mailing address. Cameras and equipment are NOT cheap, and neither is gas, so any support is GREATLY appreciated.
If you use my work, PLEASE help support my continued effots. I promise you good Karma will follow!
I'm currently shooting with a pair of Canon EOS 1DX bodies, seven different L series lenses, all current models, and an EOS 7D modified for infrared only. Various flashes, strobes, triggers, etc.
markn3tel's favorite photos from other Flickr members (1)
- LifePixel IR / Kolari Vision - Infrared Converted Camera Group 4,873 photos, 247 members
- Barack Obama Photos 14,354 photos, 3,208 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography: 2017 938,041 photos, 89,620 members
- Lighting Essentials 100,137 photos, 8,413 members
- Music Photography 608,291 photos, 16,250 members
- Thievery Corporation 255 photos, 50 members
- Concert Photography 219,290 photos, 38,370 members
- 1 Million Aircraft Photos 660,171 photos, 5,257 members
- American Autumn / october2011.org 1,305 photos, 32 members
- Occupy DC 4,318 photos, 128 members
- Strobist.com 608,052 photos, 124,009 members
- Clones 17,324 photos, 5,451 members
- Four-on-a-Couch 1,387 photos, 247 members
- Multiplicity 10,326 photos, 3,004 members
- Maryland, USA 77,306 photos, 1,835 members
- DCist Photos 178,077 photos, 4,581 members
- Digital Infrared 105,645 photos, 8,738 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 623,227 photos, 45,329 members
- DC Photo Rights 649 photos, 696 members
- Photojournalism & Photojournalists 333,263 photos, 11,120 members
- Night Images 1,201,435 photos, 163,744 members
- Rush 3,483 photos, 447 members
- Rockville Maryland 864 photos, 38 members
- The CONSORTIUM (MEET-UP) of ARTISTS 175 photos, 24 members
markn3tel doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Mark Taylor
- March 2010
- Rockville, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken