I'm passionate about photo-blogging and photographic therapy.
I'm interested in mental health, self-harm, eating disorders, private space, anxiety (attacks), depression, issues of privacy, medical histories, psychology, art history, visual theory, conceptual photography & psychiatry.
I like taking pictures of art (installation art).
I'm in love with f/2.8.
I enjoy roughhousing my 50d, putting my camera on the ground, taking pictures from the floor, taking pictures from the bath, taking pictures everyday.
Flickr is my personal journal & publicly accessible photo-blog.
It is also an archive of my daily-state-of-being & an (anxious) exploration of (my) private space.
Photos of myguerrilla (12)
- Freelensing 10,024 photos, 3,567 members
- Hipstamatic Austin, TX 564 photos, 9 members
- Raising the awareness of mental illness through photography 167 photos, 94 members
- Hipstamatic 317,700 photos, 16,301 members
- Benzodiazepines 115 photos, 81 members
- Female Self-Portrait Artists' Support Group (FSPASG) 5,210 photos, 250 members
- Not your average tattoo 9,296 photos, 2,115 members
- TATTOOS & GIRLS 24,433 photos, 4,662 members
- Tattoo Room 20,361 photos, 2,877 members
- ★TATTOOS★ 19,331 photos, 1,819 members
- Ugly Girls 377 photos, 535 members
- A Hazy Life / Depression Through A Lens 448 photos, 53 members
- nofound - new photographers search! 13,017 photos, 5,256 members
- ArtMind tutorials 73 photos, 335 members
- ProjectSunday 7 photos, 30 members
- Piglet's World Tour 2010 (aka 'Piglet Project') 29 photos, 13 members
- Cats Watching People 23 photos, 25 members
- Canon PowerShot S90 49,371 photos, 2,956 members
- Do Not Trail Your Bright Feathers in the Mud 1,385 photos, 61 members
- Flickr Pharmacy 1,619 photos, 474 members
- Furry CAT Friends!!! 75,880 photos, 6,066 members
- *Kittens with Mittens* ENTER in Kitty Gardener Greenies Comp 5,566 photos, 804 members
- Ten Friends 41,313 photos, 5,809 members
- 10 Second Timer (Dash) Self-Portraiture With a Timer 38,228 photos, 3,154 members
- Dinosaur Tattoos 176 photos, 170 members
- ! RANDOM GOODNESS ! 2,847 photos, 155 members
- (Depression) 1,680 photos, 186 members
- art therapy 3,614 photos, 290 members
- Loners, Depression, Anxiety 4,637 photos, 571 members
- I Take Meds 2,187 photos, 153 members
- Sequence and Repetition 2,723 photos, 861 members
- Sky between Branches 1,588 photos, 531 members
- Positivity, honesty & happiness in chronic illness & disability 1,503 photos, 295 members
- What It's Like To Be Me (Self Conscious) 7,569 photos, 1,147 members
- FREE EARTH - FREE PEOPLE © 207,165 photos, 5,922 members
- *Flickr Think Tank - Theme: The Self... Voting now happening!* 482 photos, 98 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 927,012 photos, 31,858 members
- It's a girl thing 83,347 photos, 4,894 members
- Eating Disorders Art 137 photos, 606 members
- Depression and BiPolar 24,141 photos, 1,879 members
- ArtTherapy 10,557 photos, 489 members
- What's in your Purse? 306 photos, 272 members
- In My Purse 377 photos, 450 members
- Medicine & Health [ Plz remmeber 2 comment :) ] 657 photos, 400 members
- Stamp Out Stigma 2,386 photos, 233 members
- Racing Mind - Mental Health & illness 3,362 photos, 398 members
- █████ ☁ Flickr Anti-Social ☁ █████ 155,324 photos, 5,818 members
- World Portrait Days 497 photos, 1,163 members
- Flickr 888 4,528 photos, 9,990 members
- Deafening Silence -Pain, obscurity, sadness- 9,553 photos, 995 members
"I've never said it directly but I think you are absolutely amazing and are among the few people on flickr who's streams I look forward to on a daily basis. I don't know why but you capture me in a way few people can and I think you are one of the most intriguingly beautiful women I have yet to encounter. That's all.
P.S. I've tried writing this testimonial for at least two months but got terribly nervous and stressed out...like leaving a voicemail message on someone's phone...that I gave up on numerous occasions...anyways I did it!
P.S.S. or is it P.P.S? You're rad.
NOW that's all."
July 7th, 2009
Chloe BREATHES says:
"I love her pictures and she has one of the most interesting photoblogs on flickr.
Checking up on her pictures makes you feel like you know her personally.
She's a great photographer and has an amazing future ahead of her."
February 26th, 2009
"i don't know carling in real life; come to think of it, don't much of her online either. but her words and pictures make me feel like i know the deepest places within her. she's quite rare, in that i truly don't think she realizes what an impact she has on her fans, of which i'm definitely one. i really hope that one day i'll get to meet her."
January 13th, 2009
ashley rose, says:
"i love her shots,
i check them daily (: like her profile says, it IS photographic therapy, and how strange that can be. and even stranger that it helps somewhat. she's raw and natural, everything you see on her stream is truth, and i think that in itself is such a huge accomplishment in this world. keep your stuff up, you're amazing us all"
December 15th, 2008
"She's influenced me more than any other photographer on flickr and I've never even met her."
November 11th, 2008
"This chick is edgy, brave and in your face with the facts of life. A true artist in her own element, I watch daily for her new uploads. Everyone should be so honest to themselves and I thank her for giving us a window into her life. it makes me want to be more transparent to the world..."
November 11th, 2008
craven toad says:
"I love her photos! Always so intense, letting us into her realm, her world with poetic meaningful photos. She is a true beauty with the sense & intellect of angle capture, light variations and living life and not being afraid to share. I always look forward to her photos."
November 5th, 2008
"her photos are just so elegant and full of passion. i really love her stream more than i can express."
August 11th, 2008
"Carling is so talented. The perspective she has is so very raw and truthful, i feel like i know her from just watching her photostream. Her honesty with her work and life is astounding and inspiring. ♥
anyway, she's wonderful."
July 9th, 2008
- Carling Hale
- August 2006
- Dallas, Texas
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Target Photo Lab Specialist