For anyone considering using these images: Most photos have an Attribution-Noncommercial Creative Commons license. To properly fulfill the attribution requirement, you must:
(1) Link the photo back to the URL of the image on my site
(2) Caption the photo with the title, the author, and the license terms. The title must link back to the image on my site (same URL as the image itself); the author link ("M.V. Jantzen") must link to www.flickr.com/photos/mvjantzen/, and the license terms must link to the appropriate page within creativecommons.org/ (such as creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/deed.en)).
Party Lights, by M.V. Jantzen, using a Creative Commons license.
The photos may be used only for noncommercial purposes. If you receive any revenue from your site, including from ads, your site could be considered commercial. If there is any doubt if your site might be commercial, please ask before using my photos. There is a difference between someone blogging for the love of it and a web site set up in the hopes of generating revenue.
And for all of you copying my photos to Facebook, please limit to profile pix, and then please do not copy anything larger than "small" (no more than 240 pixels in either height or width). And then in the caption, please provide credit ("photo by M.V. Jantzen"), and include a link back to the original page on Flickr. If you want to include other photos on your Facebook page, the way to do it is copy & paste the URL into your "wall." Facebook will automatically include a thumbnail of the image, which will link to the original.
My general aim is to document streetscapes, and record a few of the sights that catch my eye. I like to capture scenes of commerce and recreation that have a sence of place. I hope to use this blog to support the Dupont Circle Update newsletter.
I love cropping - it really demonstrates the power of capturing a view. I use four horizontal ratios: 4:3, 3:2 (Oskar Barnack's favorite), 1618:1000 (the golden ratio), and 2:1; plus square (1:1) and 3:4 for vertical shots.
"The camera is an instrument of detection. We photograph not only what we know, but also what we don’t know" Lisette Model
These are (apparently) my most interesting pictures. I like Darckr's presentation of my pix.
Comments are welcome. If you have a similar shot of the same subject, please feel free to include a thumbnail of your image - no bigger than 100 pixels. It's interesting to compare photos from different people.
If you like my photos, please consider buying me a Pro Account.
Thanks to the DC Photo Rights group for bringing attention to a serious issue.
Visit my blog at www.mvjantzen.com/blog/.
Contact me at mvs202 [at] gmail.com.
- Charm City Circulator 9 photos, 8 members
- Rock Ledge Ranch 135 photos, 21 members
- DC No Pants Metro 2013 113 photos, 12 members
- santarchydc 3,616 photos, 63 members
- Mobility Halloween 22 photos, 3 members
- Water Polo 3,413 photos, 534 members
- Critical Mass 5,492 photos, 832 members
- Benevolent Media: "Reflections" Photography for Clean Water 78 photos, 25 members
- beach lovers. . . 263,881 photos, 22,088 members
- Beaches 133,378 photos, 9,549 members
- The United States Botanical Garden, DC 1,075 photos, 86 members
- FDR Memorial 119 photos, 15 members
- BicycleSPACE: Full Moon Outings 184 photos, 15 members
- Friends of the High Line 20,548 photos, 2,083 members
- WABA Event Photos 408 photos, 27 members
- Occupy DC 4,297 photos, 133 members
- DC High Heel Race 958 photos, 101 members
- Capitol Riverfront, DC 891 photos, 34 members
- Flickr API 804 photos, 14,082 members
- PHP 1,963 photos, 369 members
- Baltimore Rock Opera Society 712 photos, 35 members
- Bike Trails 37 photos, 6 members
- New York City Subways 1,398 photos, 377 members
- Fairfax Advocates for Better Bicycling 304 photos, 25 members
- Nikon Digital 1,764,880 photos, 71,674 members
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden 508 photos, 62 members
- Light Junkies 95,139 photos, 14,294 members
- McDonald's Storefronts 13,641 photos, 1,180 members
- Capitol Hill 2,739 photos, 247 members
- Rain 37,954 photos, 9,243 members
- Firehouses 8,119 photos, 526 members
- dogs 33,429 photos, 1,329 members
- Chesapeake and Ohio Canal 1,896 photos, 137 members
- Bethesda, Maryland 658 photos, 38 members
- Graffitti 12,669 photos, 639 members
- NoMA - Washington, DC 614 photos, 44 members
- U.S. National Parks 134,864 photos, 12,816 members
- Georgetown - Washington, D.C. 3,487 photos, 321 members
- Downtown 46,862 photos, 1,636 members
- Orange Mania 5,411 photos, 758 members
- Fairfax County 4,186 photos, 482 members
- Columbia Heights, DC 2,676 photos, 224 members
- BloomingdaleDC 750 photos, 73 members
- US National Historic Landmarks 11,324 photos, 570 members
- umbrella 11,258 photos, 3,304 members
- Pink 56,599 photos, 5,513 members
- Architecture 1,327,157 photos, 77,777 members
- US Capitol 1,568 photos, 206 members
- Catchy Colors 3,447,157 photos, 120,037 members
- H Street, NE 505 photos, 66 members
M.V. Jantzen doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- M.V. Jantzen
- September 2005
- Washington, DC, USA
- I am:
- Mystery Incorporated