Photography isn't just a hobby; it's my attempt at sanity! It's a diversion in a life with much responsibility, and also a way of looking at the world.
Sometimes, my photos are attempts at artistic expression; other times, they simply chronicle my life or what I observe. My role as a volunteer photographer at two small zoos, here in eastern Pennsylvania, has provided opportunities to observe both people and animals in new ways, and to share images through the zoos' marketing and volunteer programs.
I've gained some wonderful friendships here on Flickr. I value those friendships as much as the photography, and I appreciate each comment. I do have a Facebook account, but I find Flickr much more fulfilling.
Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad our paths have crossed.
- Animal Photos! 128,107 photos, 6,223 members
- This is Why I Bought A Camera 674,732 photos, 10,344 members
- The Snapper Snapped 1,856 photos, 107 members
- Point 'n' Shoot 24,461 photos, 722 members
- Everything Chicken! 4,384 photos, 488 members
- Selfie Sunday 1,343 photos, 104 members
- Schipperke Dogs & Puppies 1,015 photos, 184 members
- Shoot beautiful ^^ 807 photos, 23 members
- Just Street Photography 2,186,037 photos, 70,850 members
- CHOOSE JOY 625 photos, 75 members
- Summer Flickr 32,475 photos, 2,203 members
- Mannequin 27,305 photos, 3,692 members
- Emotive Photographs 41,397 photos, 1,499 members
- Renaissance "Faire Ladys" 21,885 photos, 623 members
- Eastern League Baseball 698 photos, 80 members
- Art in Public Spaces - 3 per day 61,807 photos, 1,783 members
- Communing with the dead. Graves, cemeteries, mausoleums. 17,770 photos, 366 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 262,055 photos, 58,830 members
- alzheimer's disease 743 photos, 139 members
- Nikon D3100 170,879 photos, 5,332 members
- SALT Project 317 photos, 60 members
- Love Black And White 95,235 photos, 3,052 members
- Pennyslvania Renaissance Faire-Images and Memories 3,100 photos, 98 members
- Lehigh Valley Zoo / Trexler Game Preserve Shots 373 photos, 32 members
- Friends Journal 1,743 photos, 188 members
- Affection beyond the species barrier 858 photos, 110 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas 170,680 photos, 22,297 members
- Covered Bridges - Geotagged 2,493 photos, 328 members
- The Lonely Bench 3,461 photos, 748 members
- God's Wonderful Story 610 photos, 23 members
- The Rust Bucket 88,014 photos, 7,794 members
- 50 Plus (Photographers aged 50 and better) 1,369,241 photos, 4,429 members
- Indirect Nature (reflections & shadows) 479 photos, 90 members
- *Macro* 8,562 photos, 484 members
- Rural America 140,453 photos, 3,815 members
- Study War No More! 552 photos, 126 members
- New Flickr of Hope 35,520 photos, 1,937 members
- Pennsylvania Wild Life 14,068 photos, 186 members
- Spider-ville 22,582 photos, 3,791 members
- Garden Beauty 2,554 photos, 85 members
- What Are We Reading? 800 photos, 78 members
- Macro! Closeup Shots! 249,326 photos, 8,676 members
- Lights & Shadows 270,423 photos, 13,350 members
- Positivity, honesty & happiness in chronic illness & disability 1,473 photos, 278 members
- In Symmetry 2,841 photos, 375 members
- Green is Beautiful 788,815 photos, 88,262 members
- pSOOC - PRACTICALLY Straight Out Of Camera 2,898 photos, 182 members
- Indirect Objects (reflections & shadows) 850 photos, 82 members
- Color My World Daily (Monday is RED DAY) 178,485 photos, 8,104 members
- hospitals 5,024 photos, 733 members
Firefighter's Wife says:
"i found john's pictures through another profile and i discovered that he had a knack for capturing things in a photo that most people would never think about looking twice at. he really takes photography to another level. it gives us a reason to search out the interesting in the uninteresting."
July 3rd, 2008
"John is my kind of photographer, not afraid to tackle an issue. I made him a contact so I could follow his Pop Tart crusade. :-) His photos are of the highest quality and they make me smile. You can't get much better than that.
November 24th, 2007
tlp photography says:
"John makes you think, wonder, question and observe things you may never thought of observing before! He is analytical and sincere. He is passionate and sensitive! He is exactly who you want as a contact!
Thankyou John...for everything!"
January 4th, 2008
- June 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken