Photography isn't just a hobby; it's my attempt at sanity! It's a diversion in a life with much responsibility, and also a way of looking at the world.
Sometimes, my photos are attempts at artistic expression; other times, they simply chronicle my life or what I observe. My role as a volunteer photographer at two small zoos, here in eastern Pennsylvania, has provided opportunities to observe both people and animals in new ways, and to share images through the zoos' marketing and volunteer programs.
I've gained some wonderful friendships here on Flickr. I value those friendships as much as the photography, and I appreciate each comment. I do have a Facebook account, but I find Flickr much more fulfilling.
Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad our paths have crossed.
- Cornwall (UK) Chapels and Churches Exteriors 14 photos, 8 members
- Rain, wonderful rain... 2,398 photos, 550 members
- This is Why I Bought A Camera 798,173 photos, 11,190 members
- The Snapper Snapped 1,864 photos, 110 members
- Point 'n' Shoot 26,305 photos, 762 members
- Everything Chicken! 4,436 photos, 498 members
- Selfie Sunday 1,453 photos, 109 members
- Schipperke Dogs & Puppies 1,050 photos, 182 members
- Shoot beautiful ^^ 838 photos, 24 members
- Just Street Photography 2,291,631 photos, 73,324 members
- CHOOSE JOY 618 photos, 77 members
- Summer Flickr 33,009 photos, 2,221 members
- Mannequin 27,737 photos, 3,713 members
- Emotive Photographs 42,285 photos, 1,518 members
- Renaissance "Faire Ladys" 23,034 photos, 644 members
- Eastern League Baseball 711 photos, 82 members
- Art in Public Spaces - 3 per day 66,115 photos, 1,858 members
- Communing with the dead. Graves, cemeteries, mausoleums. 18,796 photos, 373 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 261,958 photos, 58,575 members
- alzheimer's disease 764 photos, 142 members
- Nikon D3100 179,498 photos, 5,431 members
- SALT Project 321 photos, 61 members
- Love Black And White 108,483 photos, 3,349 members
- Pennyslvania Renaissance Faire-Images and Memories 3,131 photos, 97 members
- Lehigh Valley Zoo / Trexler Game Preserve Shots 368 photos, 32 members
- Friends Journal 1,687 photos, 186 members
- Affection beyond the species barrier 866 photos, 110 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas 175,621 photos, 22,496 members
- Covered Bridges - Geotagged 2,555 photos, 328 members
- The Lonely Bench 3,555 photos, 749 members
- God's Wonderful Story 646 photos, 25 members
- The Rust Bucket 89,589 photos, 7,865 members
- 50 Plus (Photographers aged 50 and better) 1,496,775 photos, 4,675 members
- Indirect Nature (reflections & shadows) 476 photos, 90 members
- *Macro* 9,766 photos, 515 members
- Rural America 145,574 photos, 3,888 members
- Study War No More! 552 photos, 126 members
- New Flickr of Hope 36,327 photos, 1,938 members
- Pennsylvania Wild Life 15,739 photos, 195 members
- Spider-ville 23,286 photos, 3,870 members
- Garden Beauty 2,819 photos, 90 members
- What Are We Reading? 804 photos, 80 members
- Macro! Closeup Shots! 269,328 photos, 9,066 members
- Lights & Shadows 281,788 photos, 13,513 members
- Positivity, honesty & happiness in chronic illness & disability 1,467 photos, 286 members
- In Symmetry 3,011 photos, 397 members
- Green is Beautiful 800,656 photos, 89,433 members
- pSOOC - PRACTICALLY Straight Out Of Camera 2,900 photos, 182 members
- Indirect Objects (reflections & shadows) 850 photos, 84 members
- Color My World Daily (Monday is RED DAY) 181,937 photos, 8,124 members
"your work has sort of intrigued me...you seem very inquisitive and have a very detailed eye..qualities which show in your photos!"
August 24th, 2009
Firefighter's Wife says:
"i found john's pictures through another profile and i discovered that he had a knack for capturing things in a photo that most people would never think about looking twice at. he really takes photography to another level. it gives us a reason to search out the interesting in the uninteresting."
July 3rd, 2008
"John is my kind of photographer, not afraid to tackle an issue. I made him a contact so I could follow his Pop Tart crusade. :-) His photos are of the highest quality and they make me smile. You can't get much better than that.
November 24th, 2007
tlp photography says:
"John makes you think, wonder, question and observe things you may never thought of observing before! He is analytical and sincere. He is passionate and sensitive! He is exactly who you want as a contact!
Thankyou John...for everything!"
January 4th, 2008
- June 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken