Photography isn't just a hobby; it's my attempt at sanity! It's a diversion in a life with much responsibility, and also a way of looking at the world.
Sometimes, my photos are attempts at artistic expression; other times, they simply chronicle my life or what I observe. My role as a volunteer photographer at two small zoos, here in eastern Pennsylvania, has provided opportunities to observe both people and animals in new ways, and to share images through the zoos' marketing and volunteer programs.
I've gained some wonderful friendships here on Flickr. I value those friendships as much as the photography, and I appreciate each comment. I do have a Facebook account, but I find Flickr much more fulfilling.
Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad our paths have crossed.
- Rain, wonderful rain... 2,123 photos, 496 members
- Animal Photos! 134,788 photos, 6,432 members
- This is Why I Bought A Camera 703,788 photos, 10,566 members
- The Snapper Snapped 1,858 photos, 108 members
- Point 'n' Shoot 24,842 photos, 732 members
- Everything Chicken! 4,395 photos, 490 members
- Selfie Sunday 1,379 photos, 106 members
- Schipperke Dogs & Puppies 1,018 photos, 183 members
- Shoot beautiful ^^ 817 photos, 24 members
- Just Street Photography 2,212,814 photos, 71,433 members
- CHOOSE JOY 625 photos, 76 members
- Summer Flickr 32,510 photos, 2,205 members
- Mannequin 27,338 photos, 3,695 members
- Emotive Photographs 41,876 photos, 1,504 members
- Renaissance "Faire Ladys" 22,232 photos, 630 members
- Eastern League Baseball 699 photos, 80 members
- Art in Public Spaces - 3 per day 62,753 photos, 1,799 members
- Communing with the dead. Graves, cemeteries, mausoleums. 17,816 photos, 368 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 262,608 photos, 58,825 members
- alzheimer's disease 743 photos, 139 members
- Nikon D3100 173,146 photos, 5,360 members
- SALT Project 317 photos, 61 members
- Love Black And White 98,228 photos, 3,123 members
- Pennyslvania Renaissance Faire-Images and Memories 3,100 photos, 98 members
- Lehigh Valley Zoo / Trexler Game Preserve Shots 373 photos, 32 members
- Friends Journal 1,682 photos, 186 members
- Affection beyond the species barrier 858 photos, 110 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas 171,887 photos, 22,362 members
- Covered Bridges - Geotagged 2,529 photos, 327 members
- The Lonely Bench 3,487 photos, 745 members
- God's Wonderful Story 611 photos, 23 members
- The Rust Bucket 88,344 photos, 7,812 members
- 50 Plus (Photographers aged 50 and better) 1,398,431 photos, 4,484 members
- Indirect Nature (reflections & shadows) 478 photos, 90 members
- *Macro* 8,751 photos, 488 members
- Rural America 141,830 photos, 3,837 members
- Study War No More! 552 photos, 126 members
- New Flickr of Hope 35,676 photos, 1,936 members
- Pennsylvania Wild Life 14,357 photos, 190 members
- Spider-ville 22,755 photos, 3,807 members
- Garden Beauty 2,615 photos, 86 members
- What Are We Reading? 801 photos, 78 members
- Macro! Closeup Shots! 253,539 photos, 8,772 members
- Lights & Shadows 273,034 photos, 13,389 members
- Positivity, honesty & happiness in chronic illness & disability 1,476 photos, 280 members
- In Symmetry 2,928 photos, 382 members
- Green is Beautiful 791,219 photos, 88,546 members
- pSOOC - PRACTICALLY Straight Out Of Camera 2,898 photos, 182 members
- Indirect Objects (reflections & shadows) 850 photos, 83 members
- Color My World Daily (Wednesday is YELLOW DAY) 179,339 photos, 8,106 members
Firefighter's Wife says:
"i found john's pictures through another profile and i discovered that he had a knack for capturing things in a photo that most people would never think about looking twice at. he really takes photography to another level. it gives us a reason to search out the interesting in the uninteresting."
July 3rd, 2008
"John is my kind of photographer, not afraid to tackle an issue. I made him a contact so I could follow his Pop Tart crusade. :-) His photos are of the highest quality and they make me smile. You can't get much better than that.
November 24th, 2007
tlp photography says:
"John makes you think, wonder, question and observe things you may never thought of observing before! He is analytical and sincere. He is passionate and sensitive! He is exactly who you want as a contact!
Thankyou John...for everything!"
January 4th, 2008
- June 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken