Photography isn't just a hobby; it's my attempt at sanity! It's a diversion in a life with much responsibility, and also a way of looking at the world. Photography has also become a spiritual discipline, as I gaze, look beyond, and reflect. I am a pastor and my thinking is progressive.
Sometimes, my photos are attempts at artistic expression; other times, they simply chronicle my life or what I observe. My role as a volunteer photographer at a small zoo, here in southeastern Pennsylvania, has provided opportunities to observe both people and animals in new ways, and to share images through the zoo's marketing and volunteer programs.
I keep a camera with me, wherever I go. If I'm dressed up, I'll probably have a point-and-shoot in the pocket of my sport coat. You know, the camera I keep in the office. Otherwise, I take my DSLR.
I've made some wonderful friendships here on Flickr. I value those friendships as much as the photography, and I appreciate each comment. I do have a Facebook account, but I find Flickr much more fulfilling.
Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad our paths have crossed.
- The Snapper Snapped 1,363 photos, 98 members
- Point 'n' Shoot 16,004 photos, 587 members
- Everything Chicken! 3,584 photos, 426 members
- Selfie Sunday 565 photos, 76 members
- Schipperke Dogs & Puppies 942 photos, 179 members
- Shoot beautiful ^^ 503 photos, 24 members
- Just Street Photography 1,630,625 photos, 51,708 members
- CHOOSE JOY 663 photos, 74 members
- Summer Flickr 25,412 photos, 2,085 members
- Mannequin 24,937 photos, 3,555 members
- Emotive Photographs 28,404 photos, 1,278 members
- Renaissance "Faire Ladys" 16,339 photos, 523 members
- Eastern League Baseball 689 photos, 71 members
- Art in Public Spaces - 3 per day 41,703 photos, 1,388 members
- Communing with the dead. Graves, cemeteries, mausoleums. 14,428 photos, 332 members
- Fog and Rain 254,495 photos, 52,454 members
- alzheimer's disease 665 photos, 129 members
- Nikon D3100 126,628 photos, 4,549 members
- SALT Project 313 photos, 60 members
- Love Black And White 44,358 photos, 1,720 members
- Pennyslvania Renaissance Faire-Images and Memories 2,930 photos, 94 members
- Lehigh Valley Zoo / Trexler Game Preserve Shots 373 photos, 32 members
- Friends Journal 1,594 photos, 169 members
- Affection beyond the species barrier 1,088 photos, 113 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas 151,398 photos, 21,584 members
- Covered Bridges - Geotagged 2,210 photos, 293 members
- The Lonely Bench 2,921 photos, 694 members
- Trains and Railroads of Pennsylvania 16,315 photos, 178 members
- Bucks County 16,378 photos, 544 members
- God's Wonderful Story 435 photos, 19 members
- The Rust Bucket 79,255 photos, 7,544 members
- 50 Plus (Photographers aged 50 and better) 843,649 photos, 3,215 members
- Indirect Nature (reflections & shadows) 510 photos, 93 members
- Bike & Build 109 photos, 5 members
- *Macro* 5,053 photos, 360 members
- Rural America 109,667 photos, 3,300 members
- Study War No More! 565 photos, 128 members
- New Flickr of Hope 34,586 photos, 1,925 members
- Pennsylvania Wild Life 9,509 photos, 143 members
- Spider-ville 18,625 photos, 3,290 members
- Garden Beauty 2,089 photos, 73 members
- What Are We Reading? 802 photos, 78 members
- Macro! Closeup Shots! 177,025 photos, 7,064 members
- Lights & Shadows 216,811 photos, 12,287 members
- Positivity, honesty & happiness in chronic illness & disability 1,740 photos, 264 members
- In Symmetry 1,853 photos, 279 members
- Green is Beautiful 727,456 photos, 77,084 members
- pSOOC - PRACTICALLY Straight Out Of Camera 2,906 photos, 183 members
- Indirect Objects (reflections & shadows) 855 photos, 81 members
- Color My World Daily (Monday is RED DAY) 166,274 photos, 7,946 members
Firefighter's Wife says:
"i found john's pictures through another profile and i discovered that he had a knack for capturing things in a photo that most people would never think about looking twice at. he really takes photography to another level. it gives us a reason to search out the interesting in the uninteresting."
July 3rd, 2008
"John is my kind of photographer, not afraid to tackle an issue. I made him a contact so I could follow his Pop Tart crusade. :-) His photos are of the highest quality and they make me smile. You can't get much better than that.
November 24th, 2007
tlp photography says:
"John makes you think, wonder, question and observe things you may never thought of observing before! He is analytical and sincere. He is passionate and sensitive! He is exactly who you want as a contact!
Thankyou John...for everything!"
January 4th, 2008
- June 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken