Photography isn't just a hobby; it's my attempt at sanity! It's a diversion in a life with much responsibility, and also a way of looking at the world. Recently, photography has also become a spiritual discipline, as I gaze, look beyond, and reflect. I am a pastor and my thinking is progressive.
Sometimes, my photos are attempts at artistic expression; other times, they simply chronicle my life or what I observe. I usually live in eastern Pennsylvania, but I'm situated, for a short time, in Ocean City, Maryland, so I'm adapting to a different environment, and taking advantage of its photo opportunities, so different than home!
So, I keep a camera with me, wherever I go. If I'm dressed up, I'll probably have a point-and-shoot in the pocket of my sport coat. You know, the camera I keep in the office. When I'm driving, walking around town, or exploring a park, I take my DSLR, usually with a telephoto lens.
I shoot what I'm in the mood to shoot. Macros, nature, family, or things that make me think. My camera and I like to explore cemeteries. I use Photoshop Elements in a sparing way, keeping things simple and straightforward.
I use my own photos, and their tags, to build Powerpoint presentations to illustrate points when I'm speaking. And,I've also made some wonderful friendships here on Flickr. While I dislike recent and proposed changes to Flickr's format, it would take a lot to drive me from this place, largely because of relationships! However, at the prompting of friends, I'm starting to re-think my use of creative commons, and may soon be posting more photos "all rights reserved." Flickr seems to be moving away from its "photo sharing" purpose. Please ask me if you'd like to use a photo that you're unable to download! I'm really open to that.
Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad our paths have crossed.
- Shoot beautiful ^^ 64 photos, 20 members
- Just Street Photography 1,239,911 photos, 39,986 members
- Bird Identification Help Group 44,589 photos, 7,164 members
- CHOOSE JOY 475 photos, 67 members
- Summer Flickr 21,074 photos, 2,036 members
- Mannequin 23,563 photos, 3,459 members
- Emotive Photographs 16,608 photos, 909 members
- Renaissance "Faire Ladys" 9,989 photos, 430 members
- Eastern League Baseball 624 photos, 72 members
- Art in Public Spaces - 3 per day 30,507 photos, 1,169 members
- Communing with the dead. Graves, cemeteries, mausoleums. 12,797 photos, 291 members
- Fog and Rain 225,258 photos, 45,701 members
- alzheimer's disease 562 photos, 128 members
- Nikon D3100 67,636 photos, 3,263 members
- SALT Project 314 photos, 60 members
- Love Black And White 26,945 photos, 1,157 members
- Pennyslvania Renaissance Faire-Images and Memories 2,520 photos, 89 members
- Elmwood Park Zoo 22 photos, 6 members
- Lehigh Valley Zoo / Trexler Game Preserve Shots 362 photos, 30 members
- Friends Journal 1,424 photos, 164 members
- Primary School Displays 2,062 photos, 260 members
- Affection beyond the species barrier 797 photos, 114 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas [50° Contest POST NOW!] 131,623 photos, 20,662 members
- Covered Bridges - Geotagged 1,905 photos, 262 members
- The Lonely Bench 2,739 photos, 672 members
- Trains and Railroads of Pennsylvania 7,844 photos, 128 members
- Bucks County 12,478 photos, 499 members
- The Unseen Moment 66 photos, 30 members
- Don't look just shoot 43 photos, 19 members
- God's Wonderful Story 432 photos, 21 members
- The Rust Bucket 72,059 photos, 7,221 members
- 50 Plus (Photographers aged 50 and better) 507,088 photos, 2,410 members
- Indirect Nature (reflections & shadows) 513 photos, 79 members
- Bike & Build 109 photos, 5 members
- *Macro* 3,124 photos, 300 members
- Rural America 91,089 photos, 2,932 members
- Study War No More! 567 photos, 127 members
- New Flickr of Hope 33,602 photos, 1,934 members
- Pennsylvania Wild Life 6,223 photos, 132 members
- Spider-ville 16,740 photos, 3,132 members
- Garden Beauty 1,758 photos, 65 members
- What Are We Reading? 722 photos, 78 members
- Macro! Closeup Shots! 132,201 photos, 6,020 members
- Lights & Shadows 182,592 photos, 11,532 members
- Positivity, honesty & happiness in chronic illness & disability 1,778 photos, 267 members
- In Symmetry 1,121 photos, 217 members
- Green is Beautiful 683,926 photos, 65,987 members
- pSOOC - PRACTICALLY Straight Out Of Camera 2,896 photos, 182 members
- Indirect Objects (reflections & shadows) 819 photos, 72 members
- Color My World Daily (Friday is BLUE Day) 155,703 photos, 7,839 members
Firefighter's Wife says:
"i found john's pictures through another profile and i discovered that he had a knack for capturing things in a photo that most people would never think about looking twice at. he really takes photography to another level. it gives us a reason to search out the interesting in the uninteresting."
3rd July, 2008
"John is my kind of photographer, not afraid to tackle an issue. I made him a contact so I could follow his Pop Tart crusade. :-) His photos are of the highest quality and they make me smile. You can't get much better than that.
24th November, 2007
tlp photography says:
"John makes you think, wonder, question and observe things you may never thought of observing before! He is analytical and sincere. He is passionate and sensitive! He is exactly who you want as a contact!
Thankyou John...for everything!"
4th January, 2008
- June 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken