Photography isn't just a hobby; it's my attempt at sanity! It's a diversion in a life with much responsibility, and also a way of looking at the world.
Sometimes, my photos are attempts at artistic expression; other times, they simply chronicle my life or what I observe. My role as a volunteer photographer at two small zoos, here in eastern Pennsylvania, has provided opportunities to observe both people and animals in new ways, and to share images through the zoos' marketing and volunteer programs.
I've gained some wonderful friendships here on Flickr. I value those friendships as much as the photography, and I appreciate each comment. I do have a Facebook account, but I find Flickr much more fulfilling.
Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad our paths have crossed.
- Animal Photos! 120,756 photos, 5,987 members
- This is Why I Bought A Camera 645,249 photos, 10,126 members
- The Snapper Snapped 1,847 photos, 107 members
- Point 'n' Shoot 24,107 photos, 713 members
- Everything Chicken! 4,368 photos, 487 members
- Selfie Sunday 1,305 photos, 102 members
- Schipperke Dogs & Puppies 1,015 photos, 184 members
- Shoot beautiful ^^ 795 photos, 23 members
- Just Street Photography 2,158,554 photos, 70,225 members
- CHOOSE JOY 625 photos, 75 members
- Summer Flickr 32,362 photos, 2,202 members
- Mannequin 27,165 photos, 3,691 members
- Emotive Photographs 40,770 photos, 1,492 members
- Renaissance "Faire Ladys" 21,795 photos, 622 members
- Eastern League Baseball 697 photos, 80 members
- Art in Public Spaces - 3 per day 60,614 photos, 1,759 members
- Communing with the dead. Graves, cemeteries, mausoleums. 17,653 photos, 365 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 261,506 photos, 58,814 members
- alzheimer's disease 754 photos, 141 members
- Nikon D3100 168,910 photos, 5,297 members
- SALT Project 316 photos, 60 members
- Love Black And White 92,096 photos, 2,977 members
- Pennyslvania Renaissance Faire-Images and Memories 3,100 photos, 99 members
- Lehigh Valley Zoo / Trexler Game Preserve Shots 373 photos, 32 members
- Friends Journal 1,731 photos, 189 members
- Affection beyond the species barrier 856 photos, 110 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas 169,654 photos, 22,260 members
- Covered Bridges - Geotagged 2,514 photos, 326 members
- The Lonely Bench 3,443 photos, 746 members
- God's Wonderful Story 608 photos, 23 members
- The Rust Bucket 87,702 photos, 7,782 members
- 50 Plus (Photographers aged 50 and better) 1,339,112 photos, 4,361 members
- Indirect Nature (reflections & shadows) 479 photos, 90 members
- *Macro* 8,448 photos, 480 members
- Rural America 138,886 photos, 3,798 members
- Study War No More! 552 photos, 126 members
- New Flickr of Hope 35,310 photos, 1,931 members
- Pennsylvania Wild Life 13,770 photos, 184 members
- Spider-ville 22,441 photos, 3,771 members
- Garden Beauty 2,525 photos, 83 members
- What Are We Reading? 800 photos, 78 members
- Macro! Closeup Shots! 245,958 photos, 8,606 members
- Lights & Shadows 267,541 photos, 13,298 members
- Positivity, honesty & happiness in chronic illness & disability 1,472 photos, 278 members
- In Symmetry 2,801 photos, 370 members
- Green is Beautiful 786,778 photos, 87,995 members
- pSOOC - PRACTICALLY Straight Out Of Camera 2,898 photos, 182 members
- Indirect Objects (reflections & shadows) 850 photos, 82 members
- Color My World Daily (Sunday is BLACK & WHITE DAY) 177,753 photos, 8,101 members
- hospitals 4,957 photos, 736 members
Firefighter's Wife says:
"i found john's pictures through another profile and i discovered that he had a knack for capturing things in a photo that most people would never think about looking twice at. he really takes photography to another level. it gives us a reason to search out the interesting in the uninteresting."
July 3rd, 2008
"John is my kind of photographer, not afraid to tackle an issue. I made him a contact so I could follow his Pop Tart crusade. :-) His photos are of the highest quality and they make me smile. You can't get much better than that.
November 24th, 2007
tlp photography says:
"John makes you think, wonder, question and observe things you may never thought of observing before! He is analytical and sincere. He is passionate and sensitive! He is exactly who you want as a contact!
Thankyou John...for everything!"
January 4th, 2008
- June 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken