Photography isn't just a hobby; it's my attempt at sanity! It's a diversion in a life with much responsibility, and also a way of looking at the world.
Sometimes, my photos are attempts at artistic expression; other times, they simply chronicle my life or what I observe. My role as a volunteer photographer at two small zoos, here in eastern Pennsylvania, has provided opportunities to observe both people and animals in new ways, and to share images through the zoo's marketing and volunteer programs.
I've made some wonderful friendships here on Flickr. I value those friendships as much as the photography, and I appreciate each comment. I do have a Facebook account, but I find Flickr much more fulfilling.
Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad our paths have crossed.
- This is Why I Bought A Camera 557,727 photos, 9,416 members
- The Snapper Snapped 1,840 photos, 107 members
- Point 'n' Shoot 22,862 photos, 689 members
- Everything Chicken! 4,389 photos, 482 members
- Selfie Sunday 1,179 photos, 97 members
- Schipperke Dogs & Puppies 997 photos, 182 members
- Shoot beautiful ^^ 783 photos, 23 members
- Just Street Photography 2,083,568 photos, 68,343 members
- CHOOSE JOY 659 photos, 74 members
- Summer Flickr 32,033 photos, 2,199 members
- Mannequin 26,726 photos, 3,656 members
- Emotive Photographs 38,784 photos, 1,458 members
- Renaissance "Faire Ladys" 20,687 photos, 595 members
- Eastern League Baseball 697 photos, 80 members
- Art in Public Spaces - 3 per day 58,185 photos, 1,707 members
- Communing with the dead. Graves, cemeteries, mausoleums. 17,121 photos, 359 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 257,883 photos, 58,419 members
- alzheimer's disease 729 photos, 139 members
- Nikon D3100 164,540 photos, 5,193 members
- SALT Project 315 photos, 60 members
- Love Black And White 82,560 photos, 2,737 members
- Pennyslvania Renaissance Faire-Images and Memories 3,083 photos, 98 members
- Lehigh Valley Zoo / Trexler Game Preserve Shots 369 photos, 33 members
- Friends Journal 1,699 photos, 187 members
- Affection beyond the species barrier 918 photos, 111 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas 166,588 photos, 22,122 members
- Covered Bridges - Geotagged 2,416 photos, 320 members
- The Lonely Bench 3,349 photos, 738 members
- Bucks County 20,121 photos, 581 members
- God's Wonderful Story 601 photos, 23 members
- The Rust Bucket 86,824 photos, 7,752 members
- 50 Plus (Photographers aged 50 and better) 1,258,370 photos, 4,182 members
- Indirect Nature (reflections & shadows) 479 photos, 89 members
- *Macro* 8,016 photos, 462 members
- Rural America 134,436 photos, 3,737 members
- Study War No More! 525 photos, 128 members
- New Flickr of Hope 34,863 photos, 1,924 members
- Pennsylvania Wild Life 12,990 photos, 177 members
- Spider-ville 22,080 photos, 3,726 members
- Garden Beauty 2,461 photos, 84 members
- What Are We Reading? 798 photos, 78 members
- Macro! Closeup Shots! 236,393 photos, 8,415 members
- Lights & Shadows 259,674 photos, 13,126 members
- Positivity, honesty & happiness in chronic illness & disability 1,461 photos, 273 members
- In Symmetry 2,657 photos, 351 members
- Green is Beautiful 779,227 photos, 87,138 members
- pSOOC - PRACTICALLY Straight Out Of Camera 2,896 photos, 182 members
- Indirect Objects (reflections & shadows) 850 photos, 82 members
- Color My World Daily (Friday is BLUE DAY) 176,402 photos, 8,081 members
- hospitals 4,886 photos, 719 members
Firefighter's Wife says:
"i found john's pictures through another profile and i discovered that he had a knack for capturing things in a photo that most people would never think about looking twice at. he really takes photography to another level. it gives us a reason to search out the interesting in the uninteresting."
July 3rd, 2008
"John is my kind of photographer, not afraid to tackle an issue. I made him a contact so I could follow his Pop Tart crusade. :-) His photos are of the highest quality and they make me smile. You can't get much better than that.
November 24th, 2007
tlp photography says:
"John makes you think, wonder, question and observe things you may never thought of observing before! He is analytical and sincere. He is passionate and sensitive! He is exactly who you want as a contact!
Thankyou John...for everything!"
January 4th, 2008
- June 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken