Photography isn't just a hobby; it's my attempt at sanity! It's a diversion in a life with much responsibility, and also a way of looking at the world. Photography has also become a spiritual discipline, as I gaze, look beyond, and reflect. I am a pastor and my thinking is progressive.
Sometimes, my photos are attempts at artistic expression; other times, they simply chronicle my life or what I observe. My role as a volunteer photographer at a small zoo, here in southeastern Pennsylvania, has provided opportunities to observe both people and animals in new ways, and to share images through the zoo's marketing and volunteer programs.
I keep a camera with me, wherever I go. If I'm dressed up, I'll probably have a point-and-shoot in the pocket of my sport coat. You know, the camera I keep in the office. Otherwise, I take my DSLR.
I've made some wonderful friendships here on Flickr. I value those friendships as much as the photography, and I appreciate each comment. I do have a Facebook account, but I find Flickr much more fulfilling.
Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad our paths have crossed.
- This is Why I Bought A Camera 331,982 photos, 7,693 members
- The Snapper Snapped 1,599 photos, 104 members
- Point 'n' Shoot 19,903 photos, 643 members
- Everything Chicken! 4,134 photos, 466 members
- Selfie Sunday 876 photos, 90 members
- Schipperke Dogs & Puppies 964 photos, 180 members
- Shoot beautiful ^^ 625 photos, 23 members
- Just Street Photography 1,857,897 photos, 61,549 members
- CHOOSE JOY 657 photos, 75 members
- Summer Flickr 28,226 photos, 2,140 members
- Mannequin 25,667 photos, 3,596 members
- Emotive Photographs 33,737 photos, 1,381 members
- Renaissance "Faire Ladys" 17,666 photos, 548 members
- Eastern League Baseball 717 photos, 76 members
- Art in Public Spaces - 3 per day 48,518 photos, 1,542 members
- Communing with the dead. Graves, cemeteries, mausoleums. 15,625 photos, 345 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 252,657 photos, 56,636 members
- alzheimer's disease 690 photos, 135 members
- Nikon D3100 146,029 photos, 4,933 members
- SALT Project 313 photos, 60 members
- Love Black And White 59,561 photos, 2,209 members
- Pennyslvania Renaissance Faire-Images and Memories 3,028 photos, 96 members
- Lehigh Valley Zoo / Trexler Game Preserve Shots 368 photos, 33 members
- Friends Journal 1,669 photos, 175 members
- Affection beyond the species barrier 1,051 photos, 113 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas 158,460 photos, 21,843 members
- Covered Bridges - Geotagged 2,293 photos, 303 members
- The Lonely Bench 3,131 photos, 707 members
- Bucks County 18,779 photos, 563 members
- God's Wonderful Story 496 photos, 21 members
- The Rust Bucket 82,554 photos, 7,659 members
- 50 Plus (Photographers aged 50 and better) 1,021,794 photos, 3,693 members
- Indirect Nature (reflections & shadows) 506 photos, 93 members
- *Macro* 6,069 photos, 399 members
- Rural America 121,195 photos, 3,535 members
- Study War No More! 531 photos, 128 members
- New Flickr of Hope 35,528 photos, 1,924 members
- Pennsylvania Wild Life 10,863 photos, 152 members
- Spider-ville 20,098 photos, 3,527 members
- Garden Beauty 2,197 photos, 74 members
- What Are We Reading? 795 photos, 79 members
- Macro! Closeup Shots! 199,671 photos, 7,669 members
- Lights & Shadows 235,535 photos, 12,746 members
- Positivity, honesty & happiness in chronic illness & disability 1,446 photos, 269 members
- In Symmetry 2,088 photos, 316 members
- Green is Beautiful 751,047 photos, 82,681 members
- pSOOC - PRACTICALLY Straight Out Of Camera 2,912 photos, 183 members
- Indirect Objects (reflections & shadows) 854 photos, 83 members
- Color My World Daily (Monday is RED DAY) 170,339 photos, 8,010 members
- hospitals 4,518 photos, 672 members
Firefighter's Wife says:
"i found john's pictures through another profile and i discovered that he had a knack for capturing things in a photo that most people would never think about looking twice at. he really takes photography to another level. it gives us a reason to search out the interesting in the uninteresting."
July 3rd, 2008
"John is my kind of photographer, not afraid to tackle an issue. I made him a contact so I could follow his Pop Tart crusade. :-) His photos are of the highest quality and they make me smile. You can't get much better than that.
November 24th, 2007
tlp photography says:
"John makes you think, wonder, question and observe things you may never thought of observing before! He is analytical and sincere. He is passionate and sensitive! He is exactly who you want as a contact!
Thankyou John...for everything!"
January 4th, 2008
- June 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken