Photography isn't just a hobby; it's my attempt at sanity! It's a diversion in a life with much responsibility, and also a way of looking at the world. Recently, photography has also become a spiritual discipline, as I gaze, look beyond, and reflect. I am a pastor and my thinking is progressive.
Sometimes, my photos are attempts at artistic expression; other times, they simply chronicle my life or what I observe. I usually live in eastern Pennsylvania, but I'm situated, for a short time, in Ocean City, Maryland, so I'm adapting to a different environment, and taking advantage of its photo opportunities, so different than home!
So, I keep a camera with me, wherever I go. If I'm dressed up, I'll probably have a point-and-shoot in the pocket of my sport coat. You know, the camera I keep in the office. When I'm driving, walking around town, or exploring a park, I take my DSLR, usually with a telephoto lens.
I shoot what I'm in the mood to shoot. Macros, nature, family, or things that make me think. My camera and I like to explore cemeteries. I use Photoshop Elements in a sparing way, keeping things simple and straightforward.
I use my own photos, and their tags, to build Powerpoint presentations to illustrate points when I'm speaking. And,I've also made some wonderful friendships here on Flickr. While I dislike recent and proposed changes to Flickr's format, it would take a lot to drive me from this place, largely because of relationships! However, at the prompting of friends, I'm starting to re-think my use of creative commons, and may soon be posting more photos "all rights reserved." Flickr seems to be moving away from its "photo sharing" purpose. Please ask me if you'd like to use a photo that you're unable to download! I'm really open to that.
Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad our paths have crossed.
- Shoot beautiful ^^ 74 photos, 20 members
- Just Street Photography 1,242,971 photos, 40,046 members
- Bird Identification Help Group 44,727 photos, 7,175 members
- CHOOSE JOY 475 photos, 67 members
- Summer Flickr 21,087 photos, 2,035 members
- Mannequin 23,586 photos, 3,456 members
- Emotive Photographs 16,762 photos, 915 members
- Renaissance "Faire Ladys" 9,998 photos, 432 members
- Eastern League Baseball 629 photos, 72 members
- Art in Public Spaces - 3 per day 30,596 photos, 1,171 members
- Communing with the dead. Graves, cemeteries, mausoleums. 12,812 photos, 291 members
- Fog and Rain 225,678 photos, 45,833 members
- alzheimer's disease 562 photos, 128 members
- Nikon D3100 68,484 photos, 3,294 members
- SALT Project 314 photos, 60 members
- Love Black And White 27,049 photos, 1,161 members
- Pennyslvania Renaissance Faire-Images and Memories 2,520 photos, 89 members
- Elmwood Park Zoo 22 photos, 6 members
- Lehigh Valley Zoo / Trexler Game Preserve Shots 362 photos, 30 members
- Friends Journal 1,425 photos, 164 members
- Primary School Displays 2,064 photos, 260 members
- Affection beyond the species barrier 797 photos, 114 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas [50° Contest VOTE NOW!] 131,881 photos, 20,678 members
- Covered Bridges - Geotagged 1,906 photos, 262 members
- The Lonely Bench 2,735 photos, 672 members
- Trains and Railroads of Pennsylvania 7,865 photos, 127 members
- Bucks County 12,483 photos, 499 members
- The Unseen Moment 66 photos, 30 members
- Don't look just shoot 43 photos, 19 members
- God's Wonderful Story 432 photos, 21 members
- The Rust Bucket 72,101 photos, 7,221 members
- 50 Plus (Photographers aged 50 and better) 510,477 photos, 2,419 members
- Indirect Nature (reflections & shadows) 513 photos, 79 members
- Bike & Build 109 photos, 5 members
- *Macro* 3,111 photos, 300 members
- Rural America 91,260 photos, 2,933 members
- Study War No More! 567 photos, 127 members
- New Flickr of Hope 33,418 photos, 1,934 members
- Pennsylvania Wild Life 6,244 photos, 132 members
- Spider-ville 16,755 photos, 3,131 members
- Garden Beauty 1,759 photos, 64 members
- What Are We Reading? 724 photos, 78 members
- Macro! Closeup Shots! 132,612 photos, 6,024 members
- Lights & Shadows 182,965 photos, 11,536 members
- Positivity, honesty & happiness in chronic illness & disability 1,778 photos, 268 members
- In Symmetry 1,123 photos, 217 members
- Green is Beautiful 684,633 photos, 66,202 members
- pSOOC - PRACTICALLY Straight Out Of Camera 2,896 photos, 182 members
- Indirect Objects (reflections & shadows) 819 photos, 72 members
- Color My World Daily (Wednesday is YELLOW day) 155,868 photos, 7,836 members
Firefighter's Wife says:
"i found john's pictures through another profile and i discovered that he had a knack for capturing things in a photo that most people would never think about looking twice at. he really takes photography to another level. it gives us a reason to search out the interesting in the uninteresting."
3rd July, 2008
"John is my kind of photographer, not afraid to tackle an issue. I made him a contact so I could follow his Pop Tart crusade. :-) His photos are of the highest quality and they make me smile. You can't get much better than that.
24th November, 2007
tlp photography says:
"John makes you think, wonder, question and observe things you may never thought of observing before! He is analytical and sincere. He is passionate and sensitive! He is exactly who you want as a contact!
Thankyou John...for everything!"
4th January, 2008
- June 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken