- THE CAMERA 1,548 photos, 158 members
- Unlimited Grain Contest 2015 61 photos, 71 members
- VSCOFILM 24,759 photos, 693 members
- MSM Inc: UNSENSORED14 55 photos, 62 members
- Unlimited Grain Contest 0 photos, 74 members
- Tokyo Street Photography 98,100 photos, 2,509 members
- VSCO Film 193,195 photos, 8,445 members
- Bicycle Porn 54,471 photos, 3,200 members
- PhotoDonuts 110,873 photos, 3,223 members
- Polaroid Camera Conversions/Modifications 662 photos, 1,207 members
- Fine art minimalism 1,599 photos, 1,888 members
- cloudscapes 188 photos, 21 members
- Victor Hasselblad AB 45,151 photos, 1,118 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre/Challenge #27 "CELEBRATION" 50,586 photos, 8,819 members
- HASSELBLAD BW 30,259 photos, 4,102 members
- Hasselblad - Only the Best 1,469 photos, 1,336 members
- FilmDev 2,737 photos, 541 members
- Beyond Words 490 photos, 238 members
- TOKYO-GA ┃ 東 京 画 76,172 photos, 2,632 members
- HOT alternative girls 36,512 photos, 5,718 members
- Hasselblad Users Group 155,184 photos, 6,220 members
- Hasselblad 285,338 photos, 13,237 members
"I worked with Sean from 2003 to 2007 in the UNU Media Studio and even then Sean's eye for the scene and attention to detail was in evidence. Not only was he then very modest about his photographic skills, I am sure that he is much the same today regarding his burgeoning success."
March 15th, 2011
Beard Radio says:
"Motion ID is a Man of many talents, not least of which is Art Direction within the camera. While most wait for post-production, our man with the "blad" sees true to the heart of the image with homegrown grids and built in angles so his laser-vision has more time to capture the awe of the natural world and less time to sit behind the computer."
April 21st, 2009
"Sean is such a phenomenal guy, a phenomenal artist, and an especially phenomenal photographer. His photographs consider mood, atmosphere, tones and shapes in an amazing fashion. This is quality work. Admire it and cherish it, for this is Sean expressing himself through utter brilliance.
March 14th, 2009
"motionid, cinematic photographer.
The moods and quality motionid's photographs are subjected to, show his talent and skill as a photographer as well as an artist."
February 10th, 2009
Jon. Ellis says:
"A rare beast. As talented as he is generous and modest. As genuinely delighted by the results of his labours as you are ever likely to see..."
December 13th, 2008
October 1st, 2008
May 11th, 2008
"Motionid's stream is a must in my everyday browsing for inspirationnal images. There is not one photo here that is not worth being looked at. What a great Eye."
April 8th, 2008
"Pure and precise, uncompromising and honest.
Get over it dude, you are a photographer that will be copied, and badly copied at that!"
March 6th, 2008
"breath taking works truly inspirational!
street photography portraiture can't go much better than that!
February 1st, 2008
mark justin harvey says:
"he speaks japanese! don't let him tell you otherwise.
a stand up guy from down under.
a grand opportunity and a pleasure to have met him, hopefully my travels will lead me back to tokyo one day.
December 31st, 2007
"Never has there been a more honest or more sincere gentlemen of distinction whose photos, words can do simply no justice.
What an extraordinary honor it is to know you and take photos by your side. You are truly, in every way, my hero..."
December 3rd, 2007
" Motionid is one of my favourite photographers on flickr. Every new shot posted is full of atmosphere, mood, colour and composition. I look forward to each cinematic creation."
September 26th, 2007
* tathei * says:
"this guy does many great shots especially those candid night shots i love the most〜
so i don't believe what he says "a beginner in photography",... i never see beginners using 1D and "L" lenses.... (；＿；）"
August 21st, 2007
"Pick a page, any page, in motionid's phtostream.Go there now and look at the amazing pictures you will find. Enjoy!
[If you are still reading this, you don't do what you are told and are reading my blah blah blah about motionid's photos, In my opinion, you time is better spent immersing yourself in his photos.]
motionid has mastered the art and science of shooting 'street'. He employs superb composition and camera-work to capture the essence and context of real life. Shot mostly in Tokyo, his images, of single-minded firemen, of crowded commuters, of bearded old men, of over-the-tp teenagers, bring you right onto the street and subways where you meet real Tokyo face-to-face.
So, I will say it again. Go now. Look, learn and enjoy."
August 10th, 2007
"I just discovered his photographs and I have to admit that I am really amazed with his work. Titles are needless, just take a look at his photographs and you get the feeling. Well done, keep at it!"
July 17th, 2007
organic root says:
"Not only is Sean an amazing and passionate photographer, he is also one upstanding member of the human race."
June 14th, 2007
"GREAT street photographer with so much integrity.
Fantastic captures of human expressions and feelings.
And a gem amongst men.
Im happy to call him a friend."
May 12th, 2007
- Sean Wood
- December 2006
- Tokyo, Japan
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Creative Director