"Methinks my own soul must be a bright invisible green." -Henry David Thoreau
I sort of like this space being blank...I don't know exactly how to describe myself and if I could, I would probably want to change it, and would. It should be abundantly obvious that I am fascinated by nature, and it is my hope always to learn the messages that it will teach us.
Your Personality is Very Rare (INTJ)
Your personality type is logical, uncompromising, independent, and nonconformist.
Only about 3% of all people have your personality, including 2% of all women and 4% of all men.
You are Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, and Judging.
How Rare Is Your Personality?
All images are copyrighted by Susan Heller and All Rights are Reserved.
If you are interested in any of my images for use please contact me via my email or flickrmail to arrange for purchase or license.
If you are a faceless icon with no images of your own to share and want to simply fave my images without leaving a comment, know I will block you.
Photos of mothernature photography (9)
- Grand Canyon National Park 5,610 photos, 1,069 members
- The Grand Canyon 969 photos, 138 members
- 1000+ Best Places On Earth 59,339 photos, 3,904 members
- The American Southwest 160,744 photos, 4,189 members
- Death Valley 23,227 photos, 3,128 members
- Death Valley National Park 20,539 photos, 1,709 members
- Oregon Scenery 3,896 photos, 123 members
- Oregon coast. 254 photos, 18 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 67,839 photos, 6,141 members
- Sculptures 33,721 photos, 2,780 members
- Mushroom Anatomy 101 28,854 photos, 2,051 members
- Mount Rainier National Park 9,908 photos, 981 members
- Washington State Outdoors - Please read the rules! 43,472 photos, 3,400 members
- Volcanoes 41,866 photos, 5,224 members
- Mount St. Helens 2,823 photos, 494 members
- Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge 4,659 photos, 360 members
- URUGUAY TURISTICO Y DE PAZ al Natural 9,771 photos, 319 members
- Red Rule 658,202 photos, 57,580 members
- Chihuly Art 12,002 photos, 1,490 members
- CHIHULY at the Dallas Arboretum 219 photos, 25 members
- Quebec city 21,176 photos, 1,438 members
- Île d'Orléans / Orléans Island 1,412 photos, 120 members
- The Look of Southwest [theme: Southwest USA] 30,208 photos, 1,170 members
- St Francis of Assisi church, Ranchos de Taos (New Mexico, USA) 279 photos, 56 members
- Cloudporn 277,083 photos, 44,069 members
- Texas Natives 13,912 photos, 211 members
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center 1,759 photos, 103 members
- Night Shots* 240,737 photos, 17,479 members
- Architecture 1,827,620 photos, 102,444 members
- Portraits on the Go 52,967 photos, 3,002 members
- bitches brew | NO PEOPLE!!! 405,700 photos, 4,317 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 29,334 photos, 6,563 members
- Green Smile Club 13,910 photos, 1,566 members
- demo, demonstration, protest 60,612 photos, 2,822 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 157,985 photos, 11,045 members
- Hockey Games 7,903 photos, 581 members
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L & (IS) USM 130,364 photos, 10,476 members
- Moon/Luna 65,189 photos, 16,481 members
- I NEED A TREE. Post1 / Award 2 Comment before post! 17,928 photos, 1,989 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 73,461 photos, 2,931 members
- Geothermal Areas 4,018 photos, 514 members
- Yellowstone Vacation Photos 8,620 photos, 744 members
- Texas Wildflowers 11,815 photos, 936 members
- Never Professional 20,012 photos, 255 members
- Breathtaking Landscapes B&W and Color 108,979 photos, 7,094 members
- Nature Nerds 35,858 photos, 2,404 members
- Sharpness is Such a Bourgeois Concept 1,430 photos, 3,325 members
- Uncle Jerry's Photo Restoration Group 3,316 photos, 1,240 members
- Canon EOS 7D + Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM 60,673 photos, 2,346 members
- Sacred Water 10,754 photos, 660 members
"'mothernature' has been honored by Lone Star Chapter Sierra Club (Texas). Here is the nomination for the award presented April 10, 2010:
For the first “Art in Service to the Environment” award, for work done or continued in 2009, I would like to nominate Susan Heller for her work in her set of photographs “Nature Speaks”
Her body of work exemplifies John Muir’s philosophy. She has attracted a large audience of photographers who admire her work, are refreshed and energized by her vision.
Most of the images in this set, “Nature Speaks” were taken near her Allen, Texas home, in her own habitat. Her ability to communicate the grandeur of a thunderstorm as well as the jewel like quality of a dewdrop, a leaf or a grass seed head is a joy to behold and exemplifies the Sierra Club dictum: Explore, enjoy and protect the planet.
I also think it is important that she is using modern democratic media, the internet, to reach a wider audience than was possible when great photography was limited to professionals publishing in print media or artists hanging in galleries. Some may think this premature, since she is not a known name in Texas art circles. I think this is a chance to use this first time award to spotlight an artist who deserves a larger audience.
My hope is that this award will encourage others to seek out her work (where it is free and open to the public) and for her to receive wider recognition. Last year she gave the Lone Star Chapter Sierra Club permission to use her images in print and on the website, as have many other generous artists in a long tradition of artists drawing from nature and giving back."
March 19th, 2010
Eric W. Hodel says:
"Mothernature is one of the most insightful people I have met here on flickr. She has a true love for nature and all the things that work together to make it happen and a beautiful way of sharing these things with us. I always look forward to seeing what mothernature will teach us today. Thanks for being such a good friend here Susan."
May 30th, 2009
JD Fielding says:
"A lover of nature, and truly a person whose photographs and words match her connection with both the Earth Mother and her inhabitants.
I enjoy getting comments from Susan and following her stream. i am glad to have her as a contact. May 2009 be a blessed year for you my friend...thanks for all of your kindness."
December 25th, 2008
Road Fun says:
"I was embarrassed to notice today that I have not written a testimonial for Susan. She brings a really unique viewpoint to Flickr in her photos and in her words. Always thoughtful, both the photos and the comments have true depth of insight and feeling. I have to say Susan was one of my earliest inspirations on Flickr and I consider her a true friend here. I'm always interested to check out her new photos and to read her comments on mine."
August 4th, 2008
Donna Sullivan Thomson says:
"I've decided to set some time aside and leave a few testimonials for people (flickrites) who inspire me and Susan is at the top of that list. I know the word "wow" is somewhat overused on this site but when you look at Susan's breathtaking photographs, you just can't help yourself. "Wow" is usually the first word that pops out of my mouth! Her travel photos (like her recent trip to Alaska) pull you right in to the beauty of the land ~ I swear you can sense the cool and fresh air. Susan shares her home state of Texas with us and shows us the expected and unexpected in such an awesome variety ~ while making the expected extra special and not what you really expected after all. She has also one of my all-time-favorite photos on flickr. Check out 'The Staircase' in her "Green Room" set or her set of 130 photos on Explore!
You always inspire me, Susan, to strive to take better photographs and to travel longer roads. Thank you! (((((hugs))))), Donna"
July 25th, 2007
- January 2006
- Dike, Texas
- I am:
- Female and Taken