I spend my day doing something useful, and night in my thinking cap.
I love books, I collected them, I like how they look
on the shelf, on the floor, on my table.
I like to draw, it is the way my hand wanders
picking cues from pebbles in my mind.
I take long walks, alone. I think best between steps... my steps. Along the way I snap photos and short takes of videos.
I listen to music at times to leave time markers, aural memory.
I write letters and emails that I never send.
I published poems for one I adore, unbeknown.
I love beauty, I adore smart, I worship kindness.
I multi-tasks, I think multi-tracks.
I procrastinate eating, sleeping.
I hate making or receiving phone calls, I love Visual voice mail.
I'll raise my sons to be better than me.
I processed most of my photos, I can't help it...
I am more of a painter than a real photographer.
All my public photos are licensed under Creative Commons
so use them! But please, link back to me...
See more of my Creative Commons pictures on my other stream.
my photo blogs :
The Art of Boxing
Things Are Looking Up
Where Mo Stands
Photos of moriza (12)
- Mermaid Parade, Best of 3,604 photos, 225 members
- Coney Island Mermaid Parade 4,786 photos, 617 members
- Indonesia Black and White Lovers 3,518 photos, 451 members
- The Trevor Carpenter PhotoChallenge 19,171 photos, 2,431 members
- PICTURES FROM NEW YORK CITY 53,915 photos, 1,553 members
- ecomagination photo project 29,561 photos, 1,776 members
- Coney Island Mermaid Parade - All Years & No Posting Limits 8,857 photos, 477 members
- Mermaid Parade, 2010 1,043 photos, 130 members
- skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing & graffiti 4,845 photos, 495 members
- For the Love of Brooklyn 22,810 photos, 586 members
- Profile Portraits (Only side-face please!) 4,264 photos, 647 members
- Streetlife Inspiration 56,051 photos, 1,586 members
- NYC Mixr 11,604 photos, 365 members
- SketchCrit 21 photos, 36 members
- Coney Island Mermaid Parade 2009 3,771 photos, 155 members
- Marks and Meaning 624 photos, 111 members
- Hopperscapes : Emptiness Crowded With Solitude 462 photos, 230 members
- Indonesia Travellers 17,399 photos, 669 members
- Street Performers 67,271 photos, 6,142 members
- World of Imagination 30,082 photos, 847 members
- User Experience Sketches 1,179 photos, 1,050 members
- Prime Of Your Life [FixedFocalized] 25,066 photos, 627 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 53,570 photos, 8,234 members
- The Secret Life of Toys 494,798 photos, 22,325 members
- VISUAL PLEASURE 381,200 photos, 8,077 members
- NYCStreetPhotos 1,208 photos, 43 members
- A Double Fave (admins' choice) 881 photos, 2,799 members
- Flickr Vip 12,565 photos, 268 members
- All about food - ( not draw or illustration) 10,304 photos, 291 members
- Sports Photography 451,943 photos, 29,621 members
- Digital Sports / Photojournalism Photography 240,908 photos, 7,581 members
- Walk-By Shootings 446,808 photos, 6,560 members
- SMOTD Soul Man of the Day 5,786 photos, 606 members
- Street or Studio 1,950 photos, 2,357 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 189,417 photos, 17,937 members
- Mermaid Parade, 2008 1,832 photos, 122 members
- WNYC's Street Shots | Your NYC Photography 63,600 photos, 2,001 members
- 500x500 309,912 photos, 7,546 members
- Hero Reports 14 photos, 3 members
- Dessert Heaven 2,789 photos, 301 members
- urban poetry 254,784 photos, 7,202 members
- Random & Creative shots 234,721 photos, 11,534 members
- Rolf Contemporary Gallery 6,514 photos, 1,284 members
- Market Places 5,282 photos, 604 members
- New York, New York 481,216 photos, 17,491 members
- markets 43,194 photos, 3,177 members
- African, Caribbean, and Asian daily life 31,681 photos, 1,155 members
- urban knitting 4,154 photos, 619 members
- bicycles as art (submit a bicycle pic to be the group icon) 8,284 photos, 944 members
- Food & Drinks 6,503 photos, 403 members
"Mo! One of the nicest people I've ever met. A highly skill artist and photographer with a killer smile, Mo's imagery is really something to be savored. I really recommend taking a look as his interesting and inspiring works.
Take care Mo! Hope to see you again soon!"
May 30th, 2008
"I remember when I first met Mo. Instantly he became one of my most treasured friends on flickr. I was always delighted with his stunning creative artwork, and he always teased me with his delicious meals. Even though we live miles apart, the friendship still remains. We have gone our different ways with photography, but I always believe that change is a good thing.
I look forward to seeing you more in the coming year. I wish you wonderful serendipitous moments, my friend. ♥"
December 16th, 2007
"Both a great designer and artist, Mo makes some of the best captures of the urban environment I have seen, rather annoyingly there's never a bad one.
He's also made me my very own robot and its on the wall in my study.
August 24th, 2007
Eric Setiawan says:
"Mo is a fun guy. Mo is a great father (of a handsome kid). Mo has curly hair :) Mo is a great artist. Mo is a great photographer. We all love his works. I am honored to have one of his robots named after me hehehe.
Mo is a great friend indeed."
August 6th, 2007
Suryani Shinta says:
"God to know hwos know him to be born in this world,...becouse he such great personality indeed and i know where he just going he can make great capture of all his photostream,...verry veery nice ,..great job ,...Mo,..congratulation!!!!!!!"
July 5th, 2007
"Mo is an exceptional talented photographer who has a special eye in capturing the what we typically see as ordinary scenes and fail to realize the intriguing images they can turn out to be. His rich variety of work is a constant source of inspiration to us here. His street shots are striking and eye catching, something many of us fail to present. A visit to his photostream won't be a disappointment, I can vouch for that. Keep up the great work, Mo! And thanks for being a dear friend"
June 13th, 2007
"mo is definitely one of the most talented people i've met. his pictures are colourful, happy, always creative and extraordinary. and beside all this he's oh so very nice, open and amiable. thanx for being you mo! and thanx for showing us around nyc, you're great!"
February 13th, 2007
"I would call Moriza's work typical 'Indonesian-Amercian school': modern, strong in coulouring and contrasts and he has a very sharp eye for composition and moment. Especially his colouring bares his signature.
Alway's look forward to new work.
Mo: jalan terus!"
January 14th, 2007
visual coach says:
"Mo Riza besides being an enormous illustrative talent captures moments and mankind in life, that through colour and composition inspire on a nearly daily basis worldwide watchers - he creates appetizers for their personal menu of new views on the globe"
January 6th, 2007
pink trade says:
"Mo is one of my oldest and most favorite contacts on flickr! I love his shots, the way he capture places and people!
Hope to travel to NY soon and go around for some great moments!"
January 1st, 2007
"i lIke to tAke some tIme to (view as A slideshow ) mOriza's fotos ..for hOurs and Hours : )"
December 22nd, 2006
truthful pen says:
"Mo rocks!! :D
It's very hard for me to choose one of his pictures as a favorite, because all pics are awesome!
December 21st, 2006
"Mo is such a unique artist needless to say. The series of robots were really interesting and so are his paintings. Recognizable and lovely. His photos are also super. The sense of beauty of the angles and the colors are something I don't usually have."
December 20th, 2006
"i wanna be a photographer just like Mo when i grow up!"
December 16th, 2006
"Moriza was the first to “favorite” my photos and since then I’ve been introduced to his colorful & captivating world.. Moriza has a talent for wonderfully blending together emotion, art and his unique vision of the world into great photography. His food shots make my mouth water every time and his portraits of Jasper always make me smile."
October 8th, 2006
Dana Riza says:
"Mo.. i love his work.. ofcourse he is one of my favorite artist . he is my inspirational brother."
October 2nd, 2006
aback account says:
"I don't need to view the photo full size to know that I am going to love it. His photos are incredible, the color, the feeling from the photo. It's just all beyond well done. :)"
August 22nd, 2006
yorkers & hirosophy says:
"Moriza is the embodiment of creativity!!
York & Sophy"
August 3rd, 2006
"1000 ideas at a time, 1000 works being done at a time, that's a good inkernet friend of mine called Moriza.
i don't know, but possibly he's a robot. must be.
over-talented artist, loving father and the most kind human being(?) i ever met, that's Moriza too.
and be jealous, people of earth, i have his work on my collection!"
July 3rd, 2006
premium chicken says:
"An incredible artist, with film and ink. The first testimonial I have written.... because I think that Moriza is a worthy cause!"
February 4th, 2006
"mo, mo.. one of my favourite funny friends in flickr, a great artist, but most of all, a loving father! which is what the world needs.. :D"
February 1st, 2006
"moriza... i love people who "loves beauty, adores smart and worships kindness", inspiring the soul in every possible way. and mo is one of them... one of the nicest people i have NEVER met. hahaha! i truly appreciate this blossoming acquaintance, mo me mate."
January 28th, 2006
"i heart moriza. he was the bestest boss a girl could ever ask for. he's warm and friendly and a great artist in so many ways. i highly recommend making moriza a part of your life!"
December 28th, 2005
- Mo Riza
- March 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Daydream + Create
- Modomatic. I Undo Ramdomly.