I spend my day doing something useful, and night in my thinking cap.
I love books, I collected them, I like how they look
on the shelf, on the floor, on my table.
I like to draw, it is the way my hand wanders
picking cues from pebbles in my mind.
I take long walks, alone. I think best between steps... my steps. Along the way I snap photos and short takes of videos.
I listen to music at times to leave time markers, aural memory.
I write letters and emails that I never send.
I published poems for one I adore, unbeknown.
I love beauty, I adore smart, I worship kindness.
I multi-tasks, I think multi-tracks.
I procrastinate eating, sleeping.
I hate making or receiving phone calls, I love Visual voice mail.
I'll raise my sons to be better than me.
I processed most of my photos, I can't help it...
I am more of a painter than a real photographer.
All my public photos are licensed under Creative Commons
so use them! But please, link back to me...
See more of my Creative Commons pictures on my other stream.
my photo blogs :
The Art of Boxing
Things Are Looking Up
Where Mo Stands
Photos of moriza (12)
- Mermaid Parade, Best of 2,091 photos, 172 members
- Coney Island Mermaid Parade 4,132 photos, 574 members
- Indonesia Black and White Lovers 2,735 photos, 328 members
- PhotoChallenge.org 16,028 photos, 2,075 members
- PICTURES FROM NEW YORK CITY 40,065 photos, 1,346 members
- ecomagination photo project 29,643 photos, 1,820 members
- Coney Island Mermaid Parade - All Years & No Posting Limits 7,475 photos, 391 members
- Mermaid Parade, 2010 1,140 photos, 133 members
- skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing & graffiti 4,733 photos, 479 members
- For the Love of Brooklyn 20,465 photos, 541 members
- Profile Portraits (Only side-face please!) 4,224 photos, 623 members
- Streetlife Inspiration 26,017 photos, 1,259 members
- NYC Mixr 11,155 photos, 315 members
- SketchCrit 21 photos, 36 members
- Coney Island Mermaid Parade 2009 2,674 photos, 152 members
- Marks and Meaning 660 photos, 112 members
- Hopperscapes : Emptiness Crowded With Solitude 385 photos, 182 members
- Indonesia Travellers 13,576 photos, 523 members
- Street Performers 41,315 photos, 5,262 members
- World of Imagination 18,881 photos, 768 members
- User Experience Sketches 756 photos, 988 members
- Prime Of Your Life 27,493 photos, 640 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 34,904 photos, 6,336 members
- The Secret Life of Toys 376,927 photos, 21,317 members
- VISUAL PLEASURE 212,344 photos, 6,705 members
- NYCStreetPhotos 1,218 photos, 40 members
- A Double Fave (admins' choice) 906 photos, 2,826 members
- Flickr Vip 8,436 photos, 248 members
- All about food - ( not draw or illustration) 7,774 photos, 281 members
- Sports Photography 352,989 photos, 25,574 members
- Digital Sports / Photojournalism Photography 185,278 photos, 7,053 members
- Walk-By Shootings 214,615 photos, 4,672 members
- SMOTD Soul Man of the Day 5,007 photos, 570 members
- Street or Studio 2,022 photos, 2,417 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 166,850 photos, 17,215 members
- Mermaid Parade, 2008 2,142 photos, 116 members
- WNYC's Street Shots | Your NYC Photography 53,432 photos, 1,943 members
- 500x500 306,333 photos, 7,512 members
- Hero Reports 14 photos, 3 members
- Dessert Heaven 2,148 photos, 251 members
- urban poetry 143,559 photos, 5,160 members
- Random & Creative shots 236,618 photos, 11,609 members
- Rolf Contemporary Gallery 6,235 photos, 1,159 members
- Market Places 5,361 photos, 619 members
- New York, New York 405,541 photos, 16,023 members
- markets 33,220 photos, 2,738 members
- African, Caribbean, and Asian daily life 26,444 photos, 1,018 members
- urban knitting 4,134 photos, 605 members
- bicycles as art (submit a bicycle pic to be the group icon) 7,064 photos, 822 members
- s t o l e n f a c e s p r o j e c t . . . 2,024 photos, 334 members
"Mo! One of the nicest people I've ever met. A highly skill artist and photographer with a killer smile, Mo's imagery is really something to be savored. I really recommend taking a look as his interesting and inspiring works.
Take care Mo! Hope to see you again soon!"
May 30th, 2008
"I remember when I first met Mo. Instantly he became one of my most treasured friends on flickr. I was always delighted with his stunning creative artwork, and he always teased me with his delicious meals. Even though we live miles apart, the friendship still remains. We have gone our different ways with photography, but I always believe that change is a good thing.
I look forward to seeing you more in the coming year. I wish you wonderful serendipitous moments, my friend. ♥"
December 16th, 2007
"Both a great designer and artist, Mo makes some of the best captures of the urban environment I have seen, rather annoyingly there's never a bad one.
He's also made me my very own robot and its on the wall in my study.
August 24th, 2007
Eric Setiawan says:
"Mo is a fun guy. Mo is a great father (of a handsome kid). Mo has curly hair :) Mo is a great artist. Mo is a great photographer. We all love his works. I am honored to have one of his robots named after me hehehe.
Mo is a great friend indeed."
August 6th, 2007
"God to know hwos know him to be born in this world,...becouse he such great personality indeed and i know where he just going he can make great capture of all his photostream,...verry veery nice ,..great job ,...Mo,..congratulation!!!!!!!"
July 5th, 2007
"Mo is an exceptional talented photographer who has a special eye in capturing the what we typically see as ordinary scenes and fail to realize the intriguing images they can turn out to be. His rich variety of work is a constant source of inspiration to us here. His street shots are striking and eye catching, something many of us fail to present. A visit to his photostream won't be a disappointment, I can vouch for that. Keep up the great work, Mo! And thanks for being a dear friend"
June 13th, 2007
"mo is definitely one of the most talented people i've met. his pictures are colourful, happy, always creative and extraordinary. and beside all this he's oh so very nice, open and amiable. thanx for being you mo! and thanx for showing us around nyc, you're great!"
February 13th, 2007
"I would call Moriza's work typical 'Indonesian-Amercian school': modern, strong in coulouring and contrasts and he has a very sharp eye for composition and moment. Especially his colouring bares his signature.
Alway's look forward to new work.
Mo: jalan terus!"
January 14th, 2007
visual coach says:
"Mo Riza besides being an enormous illustrative talent captures moments and mankind in life, that through colour and composition inspire on a nearly daily basis worldwide watchers - he creates appetizers for their personal menu of new views on the globe"
January 6th, 2007
"Mo is one of my oldest and most favorite contacts on flickr! I love his shots, the way he capture places and people!
Hope to travel to NY soon and go around for some great moments!"
January 1st, 2007
"i lIke to tAke some tIme to (view as A slideshow ) mOriza's fotos ..for hOurs and Hours : )"
December 22nd, 2006
"Mo rocks!! :D
It's very hard for me to choose one of his pictures as a favorite, because all pics are awesome!
December 21st, 2006
"Mo is such a unique artist needless to say. The series of robots were really interesting and so are his paintings. Recognizable and lovely. His photos are also super. The sense of beauty of the angles and the colors are something I don't usually have."
December 20th, 2006
"i wanna be a photographer just like Mo when i grow up!"
December 16th, 2006
"Moriza was the first to “favorite” my photos and since then I’ve been introduced to his colorful & captivating world.. Moriza has a talent for wonderfully blending together emotion, art and his unique vision of the world into great photography. His food shots make my mouth water every time and his portraits of Jasper always make me smile."
October 8th, 2006
Dana Riza says:
"Mo.. i love his work.. ofcourse he is one of my favorite artist . he is my inspirational brother."
October 2nd, 2006
Darja Bajagić says:
"I don't need to view the photo full size to know that I am going to love it. His photos are incredible, the color, the feeling from the photo. It's just all beyond well done. :)"
August 22nd, 2006
yorkers & hirosophy says:
"Moriza is the embodiment of creativity!!
York & Sophy"
August 3rd, 2006
"1000 ideas at a time, 1000 works being done at a time, that's a good inkernet friend of mine called Moriza.
i don't know, but possibly he's a robot. must be.
over-talented artist, loving father and the most kind human being(?) i ever met, that's Moriza too.
and be jealous, people of earth, i have his work on my collection!"
July 3rd, 2006
"An incredible artist, with film and ink. The first testimonial I have written.... because I think that Moriza is a worthy cause!"
February 4th, 2006
"mo, mo.. one of my favourite funny friends in flickr, a great artist, but most of all, a loving father! which is what the world needs.. :D"
February 1st, 2006
"moriza... i love people who "loves beauty, adores smart and worships kindness", inspiring the soul in every possible way. and mo is one of them... one of the nicest people i have NEVER met. hahaha! i truly appreciate this blossoming acquaintance, mo me mate."
January 28th, 2006
"i heart moriza. he was the bestest boss a girl could ever ask for. he's warm and friendly and a great artist in so many ways. i highly recommend making moriza a part of your life!"
December 28th, 2005
- Mo Riza
- March 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Daydream + Create
- Modomatic. I Undo Ramdomly.