I spend my day doing something useful, and night in my thinking cap.
I love books, I collected them, I like how they look
on the shelf, on the floor, on my table.
I like to draw, it is the way my hand wanders
picking cues from pebbles in my mind.
I take long walks, alone. I think best between steps... my steps. Along the way I snap photos and short takes of videos.
I listen to music at times to leave time markers, aural memory.
I write letters and emails that I never send.
I published poems for one I adore, unbeknown.
I love beauty, I adore smart, I worship kindness.
I multi-tasks, I think multi-tracks.
I procrastinate eating, sleeping.
I hate making or receiving phone calls, I love Visual voice mail.
I'll raise my sons to be better than me.
I processed most of my photos, I can't help it...
I am more of a painter than a real photographer.
All my public photos are licensed under Creative Commons
so use them! But please, link back to me...
See more of my Creative Commons pictures on my other stream.
my photo blogs :
The Art of Boxing
Things Are Looking Up
Where Mo Stands
Photos of moriza (12)
- Mermaid Parade, Best of 2,958 photos, 185 members
- Coney Island Mermaid Parade 4,547 photos, 592 members
- Indonesia Black and White Lovers 3,124 photos, 398 members
- PhotoChallenge.org 17,743 photos, 2,367 members
- PICTURES FROM NEW YORK CITY 45,984 photos, 1,490 members
- ecomagination photo project 29,603 photos, 1,800 members
- Coney Island Mermaid Parade - All Years & No Posting Limits 8,333 photos, 429 members
- Mermaid Parade, 2010 1,144 photos, 132 members
- skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing & graffiti 4,583 photos, 487 members
- For the Love of Brooklyn 21,768 photos, 566 members
- Profile Portraits (Only side-face please!) 4,075 photos, 649 members
- Streetlife Inspiration 39,857 photos, 1,482 members
- NYC Mixr 11,535 photos, 351 members
- SketchCrit 21 photos, 36 members
- Coney Island Mermaid Parade 2009 3,795 photos, 152 members
- Marks and Meaning 636 photos, 112 members
- Hopperscapes : Emptiness Crowded With Solitude 444 photos, 211 members
- Indonesia Travellers 16,031 photos, 609 members
- Street Performers 52,294 photos, 5,796 members
- World of Imagination 23,619 photos, 829 members
- User Experience Sketches 906 photos, 1,029 members
- Prime Of Your Life [FixedFocalized] 25,551 photos, 657 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 41,674 photos, 7,496 members
- The Secret Life of Toys 437,005 photos, 22,008 members
- VISUAL PLEASURE 295,179 photos, 7,576 members
- NYCStreetPhotos 1,201 photos, 44 members
- A Double Fave (admins' choice) 894 photos, 2,839 members
- Flickr Vip 9,297 photos, 251 members
- All about food - ( not draw or illustration) 9,018 photos, 290 members
- Sports Photography 400,074 photos, 28,150 members
- Digital Sports / Photojournalism Photography 212,365 photos, 7,358 members
- Walk-By Shootings 336,027 photos, 5,996 members
- SMOTD Soul Man of the Day 5,376 photos, 600 members
- Street or Studio 1,989 photos, 2,403 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 176,678 photos, 17,832 members
- Mermaid Parade, 2008 2,015 photos, 120 members
- WNYC's Street Shots | Your NYC Photography 60,350 photos, 2,007 members
- 500x500 310,497 photos, 7,584 members
- Hero Reports 14 photos, 3 members
- Dessert Heaven 2,592 photos, 276 members
- urban poetry 199,888 photos, 6,372 members
- Random & Creative shots 231,268 photos, 11,700 members
- Rolf Contemporary Gallery 6,536 photos, 1,315 members
- Market Places 5,234 photos, 613 members
- New York, New York 443,586 photos, 16,920 members
- markets 37,657 photos, 2,976 members
- African, Caribbean, and Asian daily life 27,918 photos, 1,104 members
- urban knitting 4,235 photos, 617 members
- bicycles as art (submit a bicycle pic to be the group icon) 7,650 photos, 887 members
- s t o l e n f a c e s p r o j e c t . . . 1,995 photos, 330 members
"Mo! One of the nicest people I've ever met. A highly skill artist and photographer with a killer smile, Mo's imagery is really something to be savored. I really recommend taking a look as his interesting and inspiring works.
Take care Mo! Hope to see you again soon!"
May 30th, 2008
"I remember when I first met Mo. Instantly he became one of my most treasured friends on flickr. I was always delighted with his stunning creative artwork, and he always teased me with his delicious meals. Even though we live miles apart, the friendship still remains. We have gone our different ways with photography, but I always believe that change is a good thing.
I look forward to seeing you more in the coming year. I wish you wonderful serendipitous moments, my friend. ♥"
December 16th, 2007
"Both a great designer and artist, Mo makes some of the best captures of the urban environment I have seen, rather annoyingly there's never a bad one.
He's also made me my very own robot and its on the wall in my study.
August 24th, 2007
Eric Setiawan says:
"Mo is a fun guy. Mo is a great father (of a handsome kid). Mo has curly hair :) Mo is a great artist. Mo is a great photographer. We all love his works. I am honored to have one of his robots named after me hehehe.
Mo is a great friend indeed."
August 6th, 2007
Suryani Shinta says:
"God to know hwos know him to be born in this world,...becouse he such great personality indeed and i know where he just going he can make great capture of all his photostream,...verry veery nice ,..great job ,...Mo,..congratulation!!!!!!!"
July 5th, 2007
"Mo is an exceptional talented photographer who has a special eye in capturing the what we typically see as ordinary scenes and fail to realize the intriguing images they can turn out to be. His rich variety of work is a constant source of inspiration to us here. His street shots are striking and eye catching, something many of us fail to present. A visit to his photostream won't be a disappointment, I can vouch for that. Keep up the great work, Mo! And thanks for being a dear friend"
June 13th, 2007
"mo is definitely one of the most talented people i've met. his pictures are colourful, happy, always creative and extraordinary. and beside all this he's oh so very nice, open and amiable. thanx for being you mo! and thanx for showing us around nyc, you're great!"
February 13th, 2007
"I would call Moriza's work typical 'Indonesian-Amercian school': modern, strong in coulouring and contrasts and he has a very sharp eye for composition and moment. Especially his colouring bares his signature.
Alway's look forward to new work.
Mo: jalan terus!"
January 14th, 2007
visual coach says:
"Mo Riza besides being an enormous illustrative talent captures moments and mankind in life, that through colour and composition inspire on a nearly daily basis worldwide watchers - he creates appetizers for their personal menu of new views on the globe"
January 6th, 2007
"Mo is one of my oldest and most favorite contacts on flickr! I love his shots, the way he capture places and people!
Hope to travel to NY soon and go around for some great moments!"
January 1st, 2007
"i lIke to tAke some tIme to (view as A slideshow ) mOriza's fotos ..for hOurs and Hours : )"
December 22nd, 2006
"Mo rocks!! :D
It's very hard for me to choose one of his pictures as a favorite, because all pics are awesome!
December 21st, 2006
"Mo is such a unique artist needless to say. The series of robots were really interesting and so are his paintings. Recognizable and lovely. His photos are also super. The sense of beauty of the angles and the colors are something I don't usually have."
December 20th, 2006
"i wanna be a photographer just like Mo when i grow up!"
December 16th, 2006
"Moriza was the first to “favorite” my photos and since then I’ve been introduced to his colorful & captivating world.. Moriza has a talent for wonderfully blending together emotion, art and his unique vision of the world into great photography. His food shots make my mouth water every time and his portraits of Jasper always make me smile."
October 8th, 2006
Dana Riza says:
"Mo.. i love his work.. ofcourse he is one of my favorite artist . he is my inspirational brother."
October 2nd, 2006
Darja Bajagić says:
"I don't need to view the photo full size to know that I am going to love it. His photos are incredible, the color, the feeling from the photo. It's just all beyond well done. :)"
August 22nd, 2006
yorkers & hirosophy says:
"Moriza is the embodiment of creativity!!
York & Sophy"
August 3rd, 2006
"1000 ideas at a time, 1000 works being done at a time, that's a good inkernet friend of mine called Moriza.
i don't know, but possibly he's a robot. must be.
over-talented artist, loving father and the most kind human being(?) i ever met, that's Moriza too.
and be jealous, people of earth, i have his work on my collection!"
July 3rd, 2006
"An incredible artist, with film and ink. The first testimonial I have written.... because I think that Moriza is a worthy cause!"
February 4th, 2006
"mo, mo.. one of my favourite funny friends in flickr, a great artist, but most of all, a loving father! which is what the world needs.. :D"
February 1st, 2006
"moriza... i love people who "loves beauty, adores smart and worships kindness", inspiring the soul in every possible way. and mo is one of them... one of the nicest people i have NEVER met. hahaha! i truly appreciate this blossoming acquaintance, mo me mate."
January 28th, 2006
"i heart moriza. he was the bestest boss a girl could ever ask for. he's warm and friendly and a great artist in so many ways. i highly recommend making moriza a part of your life!"
December 28th, 2005
- Mo Riza
- March 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Daydream + Create
- Modomatic. I Undo Ramdomly.