The United States Census Bureau has ranked Cleveland the poorest large city in the nation with 32.4 percent of the population below the poverty line. Don't be fooled, the pictures contained within this page are not documents of a bygone era or economic hardship. SGS chronicles modern living in Cleveland. We have a deep respect for the Density of Life and all the beauty that Randomness places upon us.
While the nation's gaze is fixed on an unattainable pixelated dream, a new Wisdom has been birthed in our beloved City. We have opened our eyes to a new reality; a reality that rests behind the textual veils of Commercial Speak and Government Data.
Knowing now that the mountaintop is Cleveland we welcome you with Loving Tolerance. Our Mercy and Humility is a gently polished pearl within The Golden Den.
As a gift to those who have left us and those who will never come; we present you with digitized reproductions of the Gateways to Wisdom.
Enjoy your journey and embrace scarcity wherever you may find it.
S+G+S = 9
Photos of ClevelandSGS (2)
- Battered Feet Travel 308 photos, 27 members
- Rustwire 2,031 photos, 103 members
- American Elegy 23,079 photos, 578 members
- Stardust Motel 151 photos, 86 members
- Religious Americana 4,138 photos, 224 members
- Retro Kitchens in Aqua, Pink & Yellow 2,142 photos, 912 members
- Fragments From Found Images..also TV, Movie, & Comic Frames 1,325 photos, 309 members
- Shell Gas Stations (Pre 2000s) 390 photos, 133 members
- Silent Pictures 312 photos, 66 members
- Phone Book 150 photos, 246 members
- Donut Shops 499 photos, 356 members
- The Biggest Group! - Playground For Psychotics 979,199 photos, 8,101 members
- The Cheaper Project 105 photos, 48 members
- Vintage Meat 1,175 photos, 273 members
- Holy Crap That's Hideous!! 522 photos, 383 members
- "Puerto Rican Day Parade, Remix" on FLICKR 550 photos, 85 members
- Exposure Cleveland! 1,704 photos, 434 members
- Bread and Snack Food Trucks 5,580 photos, 355 members
- www.medphotos.net 376 photos, 499 members
- Around the World Cityscapes P1/C1 ** new comment code 74,173 photos, 3,487 members
- Cleveland Agora 3 photos, 7 members
- Lost or find pets 14,308 photos, 297 members
- Diner Signs 250 photos, 371 members
- Cafe Signs 891 photos, 433 members
- I Could Definitely Live Here 586 photos, 336 members
- Color Photos of Black & White Things 894 photos, 350 members
- Pyramid Revelations 475 photos, 1,044 members
- Urban Ohio 2,566 photos, 219 members
- Stop The Landmine 2,992 photos, 602 members
- camerabreath 154 photos, 166 members
- Documentary Photography of Labour 12,379 photos, 1,277 members
- Streets of the World (AntiWar, Anticapitalist , Protests) 11,264 photos, 1,194 members
- nowomansland 4,960 photos, 365 members
- Connecticut Western Reserve 1,896 photos, 90 members
- Around the World Landscapes 24,873 photos, 8,011 members
- Me, myself and my camera 2,134 photos, 2,395 members
- 20th Century Black History 2,014 photos, 486 members
- Graffiti Design Exchange Group. [ Graffiti writers only ] 34,971 photos, 2,572 members
- I Love Abandonment! - NO people shots! 178,310 photos, 5,246 members
- Offensive T-Shirts 10 photos, 14 members
- I Love Old Signs! 85,952 photos, 5,283 members
- VINTAGE MOTEL SIGNS ONLY! 29,981 photos, 3,971 members
- Anything Absurd 18,644 photos, 723 members
- William Christenberry Road 2,609 photos, 127 members
- Historic Ohio 11,299 photos, 583 members
- Cuyahoga County 769 photos, 27 members
- 44109-4665 Zipcode Location 0 photos, 1 member
- Double De Palma 359 photos, 44 members
- Wonderful World of Tamales 282 photos, 106 members
- A Year in the Life..... 52 photos, 11 members
few bead says:
"I really got to see what cleveland is like. Your photos have such a personal touch. I really expect great things from you."
August 11th, 2008
rachel catherine says:
"clevelandsgs makes me swell with Cleveland pride from the bottom of my heart to the depths of my bowel."
January 19th, 2008
" "For the most part these guys are alright when they're not doing that stupid karate stuff.
Seriously, everyone at the Home really appreciated the things you did for them.
September 26th, 2007
learned texture says:
"Well, this is a first for me. I have a ton of contacts here, but I must say that ClevelandSGS's photos are awesome, to say the least. I'd lived in Akron until 1985 and only been in Cleveland a couple times. The old ads are wonderful. I was only able to to check out half the pictures so far, but I'm looking forward to seeing the rest tomorrow."
April 9th, 2007
"The essence of all intermediate states present themselves as 3 portals of light: Wrathful Deities of Space--Cleveland SGS. According to Elohim, the Cobra does not poison his victim for purposes of Vanity or Revenge, rather, he has the capacity to transform his enemy into a being more beautiful; that is, he releases his venom not as the nectar of mortality, but as the harbinger of light."
February 24th, 2007
"I once was lost, but now I'm found. Was blind, but now I see. ClevelandSGS changed my life the way no god, woman, or dog could ever do. If you're tired of sunsets, clouds, pet photos, and cute babies - if you've had enough of artsy nudes, vain self-portraits, or close-ups of bugs - if you can't stand the Flickr cliques and constant feeling you just aren't good enough to be in this "community," then you have found your home. The rest of you escape for your lives, look not behind you, escape to the mountain, lest you be consumed, ClevelandSGS will take you over and leave nothing in its wake. All hail the syndicate. All hail SGS. Bless you ClevelandSGS, for with you I have found my way."
January 23rd, 2007
- Modesto Speed
- November 2005
- CLEVELAND, OHIO
- CLEVELAND, USA
- Civilian Analyst