Born in 1963, Egmond aan Zee, The Netherlands. Loved to play outside, climb trees, build cabins in the wood. Pippi Longstocking was and is my hero. I still love to find stuff on the streets and stick things onto my studio wall or keep everything in different pretty unorganized cupboards with drawers.
Finished highschool (Murmellius Gymnasium) in Alkmaar, moved to Amsterdam at the age of seventeen to study.
Masters degree Dutch Language and Literature (UvA, Amsterdam), First degree teacher; Bachelors degree Graphic Design and New Media (Rietveld Academy, Amsterdam) with one year Computer Arts at SVA, New York as exchange student.
Now work as a visual artist and as a teacher: photography, video, poetry, graphic design, illustration, drawing and painting, collage.
Live in Amsterdam with my husband, film director Rogier van der Ploeg and our two sons. Like to travel to and work in the USA (New York City), France (Paris and the countryside), Surinam (Paramaribo, Moengo) and many other places. But I can find as much inspiration in a piece of pavement in my own neighborhood as anywhere else.
Speak, read and write Dutch, English, French, German and Italian
- c|_dA_De 8,728 photos, 32 members
- People reading (in your art, no photos) 3,002 photos, 283 members
- Same Same BUT Different 4,066 photos, 262 members
- Amsterdam (Mokum) 200,452 photos, 9,455 members
- Collectief der Nuttelozen 341 photos, 31 members
- minimal art [no people no life] post / comment / invite 116,151 photos, 5,882 members
- > Musée de la Sculpture Trouvée < 12,780 photos, 615 members
- Letter's lives 782 photos, 133 members
- Accumulations 21,513 photos, 835 members
- Green Smile Club 13,944 photos, 1,554 members
- Groupless 534 photos, 81 members
- Animal (Art) Drawings 7,514 photos, 652 members
- Art Under the Sea 619 photos, 47 members
- Befremdliche Landschaft / Strange Terrain 1,953 photos, 360 members
- Vintage Collage Art 39,272 photos, 3,363 members
- Collage Kids 51,107 photos, 2,413 members
- Masks & spirits 148 photos, 11 members
- Visual Haiku 48,973 photos, 991 members
- TrashBit! reloaded 9,003 photos, 625 members
- artist STUDIOS 9,685 photos, 1,540 members
- Julia Kay's Portrait Party (JKPP) 51,856 photos, 994 members
- Unintended Jewelry 3,999 photos, 486 members
- Springsnow in Amsterdam 176 photos, 16 members
- que lindo lixo 878 photos, 57 members
- found cubism 129 photos, 30 members
- Literary Reference in Pictures: post one, comment one (or two!) 32,004 photos, 1,952 members
- Urbanjunglism - Urban jungle minimalism 4,184 photos, 977 members
- ✂ poésie trouvée ✂ 4,265 photos, 276 members
- denoting absence 6,367 photos, 214 members
- festival of brown 4,711 photos, 176 members
- poezie verbeeld 896 photos, 57 members
- blissful nothingness 7,724 photos, 176 members
- Found Paintings 5,817 photos, 226 members
- The Pool of Garbage 475 photos, 96 members
- Kijk een kunst! 1,812 photos, 67 members
- Pavement Patterns Museum 2,571 photos, 160 members
- Natureville 637 photos, 20 members
- (+: (+: (+: les frères ripolin :+) :+) :+) 2,970 photos, 182 members
- unintended animals 3,794 photos, 205 members
- National Trust for Hysteric Preservation 35,764 photos, 1,858 members
"Maartje heeft andere ogen.
Haar kaders zijn grenzenloos."
February 10th, 2009
kees en keetje says:
"she is very dear to me too, as she promised me some pictures and she actually had them developed and delivered on my doormat in a beautiful decorated envelope.
on top of that i enjoy her photographs enormously especially as she sees things in other things, things most people do not see. so she really is a "good-looker"."
August 16th, 2008
numberless money says:
"she's a dear for me
the first contact was she
the first comments written by her
she has such an interesting imagination
that is always for my help :)
she has such unbelieveble attention
always different than others in her shot
she creates things from nothing
Good luck and God bless you"
October 17th, 2007
- June 2007
- Egmond aan Zee
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- fine artist, graphic designer, teacher
- maartje jaquet