I picked up my first point & shoot camera in fall '06..., then got serious in early February '07 (by that I mean, I started going for daily photo walks, to get to know my neighbourhood AND the camera, a little better).
March '09 brought me a D60, my first DSLR. (thanks, honey) and it was love at first sight.
Please let me know if you wish to use or blog my photos.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- Home Children England Ireland Canada 20 photos, 6 members
- Fototrove by Getty Images Archive 0 photos, 605 members
- Toronto Star readers' submissions 927 photos, 501 members
- St Lawrence Market Toronto 209 photos, 37 members
- OpenFile Toronto 5,683 photos, 132 members
- Word of the week challenge: revision 185 photos, 50 members
- macronaut 8,078 photos, 488 members
- High Park 5,484 photos, 325 members
- The Bistro (Founded 2008) 107,705 photos, 2,302 members
- Toronto is where I live 158,265 photos, 2,541 members
- Globe and Mail Reader Submissions 50,663 photos, 5,143 members
- The Drake Hotel: Toronto, Canada 3,016 photos, 513 members
- The StockYard - For Creative Commons Images/Textures Only 8,278 photos, 792 members
- Historical Images of Toronto 960 photos, 139 members
- A rEtRo Kitchenalia spot 12,558 photos, 778 members
- Topaz Software 175,489 photos, 6,537 members
- LOL CATS -INVITED PHOTOS ONLY! 20,328 photos, 7,741 members
- Creepy Dolls 13,496 photos, 1,825 members
- ~~fence friday~~(the original) 18,152 photos, 2,893 members
- Toronto Photo Walks - http://torontophotowalks.ca/ 29,526 photos, 1,077 members
- Mississauga flickr Club 9,560 photos, 178 members
- Admin Help 3,517 photos, 1,467 members
- Beach-Leslieville Arts & Social Club 7,324 photos, 74 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,411 members
- EGO - Explore Gaming Opponents 0 photos, 60 members
- Secrets Of Explore 2,536 photos, 3,716 members
- Nikon D60 Club 156,521 photos, 5,731 members
- It's an Addiction (Tutorials and Learning) 8,528 photos, 1,949 members
- FlickrCentral 9,337,765 photos, 271,891 members
- My pet is a dork & couldn't take over the world if s/he tried 514 photos, 51 members
- Winged Water Wonders (Post 1 - Comment 1) 85,819 photos, 3,886 members
- Chapeau! (invited only) 41,920 photos, 3,525 members
- Madoz Inspiration 649 photos, 285 members
- Topaz Simplify 6,131 photos, 810 members
- Clones 17,306 photos, 5,462 members
- Topaz Adjust 97,416 photos, 3,036 members
- Caffeine Planet 2,040 photos, 283 members
- Adobe Photoshop CS (all CS versions) 289,710 photos, 14,310 members
- Mississauga Photography 30,598 photos, 927 members
- Photoshop Support Group 334,235 photos, 35,969 members
- Friends of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee 1,805 photos, 268 members
- Toronto 181,941 photos, 10,593 members
- Amazing Ontario -Our Great Province- 47,038 photos, 1,183 members
- Creepy Ontario 2,525 photos, 181 members
- Textures for Layers 15,213 photos, 16,488 members
- PHOTOGRAPHERS OF CANADA 539,163 photos, 6,072 members
- Best In Show (dog photography/invite only!) 23,047 photos, 6,022 members
- Six Word Story 37,823 photos, 3,252 members
- The Gallery / La Galería - by Invite 416 photos, 710 members
- Æ ARTISTIC EXPRESSION at Admin invitation (pls aw 1) 9,373 photos, 10,219 members
"Sensible, articulate, lovely and has a great eye for a photo! Couldn't ask for more."
August 6th, 2009
"If i didn't know Missy, i sure as heck would want to after reading these glowing testimonials! Wow! What a lovely collection, to which i can't add anything new except to say, Missy's photographs speak to me as richly as poetry. Move past my eyes and mind and into my very soul so quickly, i am astounded and delighted with each magical offering. Through Missy, i have come to understand how seeing is poetry, and photographs are poems. And she is one of my very favorite authors. xxoo"
July 16th, 2009
"To my old-fashioned way of thinking, manipulating photographs has all too often only succeeded in placing a curtain between me and the image. You, Maureen, are so different. When you manipulate your pictures, you add another layer of artistry to them. Your use of words, to complement, and enhance, your magical pictures has been an inspiration to me, encouraging me to try and emulate you. Thank you."
March 7th, 2009
Nancy Rose says:
"Missy, from the moment I saw your photos and then that awesome smile of yours, I knew I had found a flickr treasure! Your happiness shines in all your photos..i just discovered that among other things you love cupcakes so if you get to Nova Scotia again i will bake you some... from your photos I know we really have a lot of common loves: : flowers, cats, sunsets, swans, and nature in all forms. Missy, you are such a delight and such a talented artist...it is so great to be your flickr friend!"
August 16th, 2008
"my testimonial is more "to you" ... than about you.
You are a delight, your photos truly show the beautiful soul within.
lovely hats, smiles with dimples and sparkling blue eyes - your amazing scenery, silly cats that drink from the spigot - Missylicious food shots, amazing photoshop talents, especially your 'Missy cloning' that always brings a smile to my face ... always happy to see new photos from you on my contacts page.
I feel as if I'm there with you at Kew beach, the wonderful little lifeguard station that your Flickr friends have come to know so well.
I thank Gr'ma Lex for introducing us.
Also - your nice comments on my photostream means so much to me.
So many call you their Canadian sister - and I certainly know why.
Love ya a bushel 'n a peck, a hug around the neck !
.`·.¸.·´ and many blessings of Nature"
April 19th, 2008
Monique Lavoie 2014 says:
"Maureen is one of the most beautiful people I have ever met in my life, not just on flickr. Her generosity, her loving nature, her gentle sensitivity, her vulnerability of heart will touch your very soul if you let it.. She cares about everything and everybody : nature, people, animal, spirituality. She cares about you. All these qualities are reflected in the beauty of the images she captures and the heartfelt words she chooses to express the thoughts and the ideas provoked by her loving attitude toward life.
Maureen, thank you for beeing my friend
March 11th, 2008
"I met Maureen by coincidence when a flying pear caught my eye in explore...In the meantime I have learned Maureen can make a lot of objects fly and has two adorable cats as well. I've been coming back and enjoyed her photo stream very much ever since...looking for inspiration, but also for a good laugh..... Maureen is a creative soul like no other and I am really glad to have found her on flickr. Take your time and enjoy her photos...I guarantee you will return.... and return....;-))"
December 5th, 2007
"My dear friend Maureen...I am very lucky that our paths have crossed on flickr. Maureen's enthusiasm for photography is certainly contagious! Her creativity is without limits, and whenever I visit her photostream, she always puts a big smile on my face! Maureen has certainly become an accomplished photographer. Thank you for visiting my photostream regularly, and some of your comments have truly moved me deeply. You are a kind, generous, lovely and adorable woman! Warm Regards, Daniel."
November 17th, 2007
tv writer says:
"I feel as if I’ve found a kindred spirit in this amazing photographer. Whether it’s images from her life-affirming morning walks, her silly Nancy Drew mysteries, or her incredible baked goods, Missy brings love, warmth and humor to my computer screen every day. Always there with a kind word and support, she never fails to lift my spirits.
Keep it going, sister-friend!"
August 22nd, 2007
"Missy is WONDERFUL. She is an incredible Photographer, and truly one of the nicest people you could ever call your friend. I am so thankful I met her on a mutual friend's Flickr site :) Rock On my Blue-Eyed Sister :D"
July 12th, 2007
southwest girl says:
"I am so elated to have found Missy on Flickr. Missy has an extraordinary artistic eye, and a beautiful warm soul. She is an excellent photographer; just look at her stream of photos. Her love of nature and people shine through.
Missy is also a wonderful flickr friend she is always there with a very kind, constructive and supportive word.
I am honored to have Missy as a contact and a flickr friend and so glad that we found each other on flickr."
June 7th, 2007
""I have known *Maureen for only a short time...yet each week bringing an...**Awesome collective view of our living planet**...
Within Maureens Magic eyes on her photostream.. I have found soo much inspiration.. Very creative & so diverse....Truly a *Rare & very Talented & Special person & True Flickr Friend*......
Pure in heart & with a beautiful view of the world*....
A Testimonial to Maureens *AWESOME* works of natural ART*.....highly tuned with the realms of Mother nature. Standing out as *Purely Breathtaking in its simplicity...Mind blowing in capture!!!
I am soo *Happy to know Maureen*, she is an inspiration to US all!!!! ;0))""
June 4th, 2007
"Maureen is a kind and genuine flickr friend. Thanks for sharing your wonderful images with us all, I for one love your outlook on life and all the great things around you that you capture so well. Also your comments are always very kind and a pleasure to read.
Keep up the good work my friend :)"
May 29th, 2007
"Missy has a joie de vivre that is reflected in her photography. Her photos are always interesting and beautiful, but also joyful and full of life. Always a pleasure to visit her photostream!"
May 25th, 2007
"Missy, Missy, Missy...what can I say about Missy? Well, she's the big sister I always wanted! She's beautiful (love those dimples!), talented, and she has such a kind heart. She's always generous with wonderful compliments, and she's encouraged me to challenge myself to become a better photographer.
Missy has an amazing artistic eye. When I look at her photos, I'm in awe of the images she has captured. She is a dedicated artist, photographer, and friend! Love you, Sweetie!"
May 5th, 2007
"I am so inspired by MissyV110's photos and her lust for life. She seems to live each day with energy and enthusiasm. Her photos (especially the self portraits) reveal a woman who enjoys both serenity and serendipity. I am thoroughly enjoying watching her learn about her camera while providing us flickr fanatics with some great shots. She also takes the time to leave the most positive and uplifting comments for others. I heart MissyV110!"
March 26th, 2007
A. Saleh says:
"I've seen her photos she have a great eye which makes her a great photographer and makes you smile. the composition of her photos are great.
Keep the good work."
February 23rd, 2007
- December 2006
- Toronto, Canada
- I am:
- Female and Taken