I Enjoy Photography and till 2004 I was using a flim camera as I was not computer savvy from the start, and did know how to share pictures through the internet ,I met Flickr while browsing through for some images of Shillong,India which was home for us till 2001. I was Awe struct by the fantastic pictures and Presentation in Flickr,then my Kids taught me how to upload and get familiar with the computer and Flickr ... it has been a wonderful learning experience for me .....I am still learning new things from them every day .
We are of Chinese origin,lived in India 5 generations my kids are 3rd generations born in India ,we are grateful and Thankful of both the Culture and Values,also comfortable with both the Food and Language.
I have lived and was in the Restaurant Business in the Eastern and North Eastern Part of India.
Had Traveled in several part of India and some part of South East Asia .
We immigrated to Canada in the Autumn of 2004.We are grateful it's Home now. Thankful that Saint John New Brunswick was Home for about 2 years,running and managing my Sister's Bed and Breakfast ,we will always Treasure the lovely memories and friends we made in Saint John and the many from several countries while running the B&B.
We moved to Toronto on the summer of 2006.
All my Shots uploaded till 16th October 2007. ( Just for your knowledge and my record ) 3410 of them,are straight from the Camera , the upload from 21st October 2007 onward would have Picasa's applications on them !
Greatful that Flickr Exist,it is a wonderful Experience in Photo management,Sharing , learning ,keeping in touch with Families and friends , see the World and have a great time !
I apologize if I don't add everyone as a contact, I would love to have the time to visit and comment of everyone's photos, but time constraints prevent me from doing so.
Thanks for your Visit ! Have a Nice Day !
Sincerely , Peter Lu.
- Christmas Advent Calendar 2009 15 photos, 85 members
- Victoria Memorial 162 photos, 74 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 1 (p1/a3) 746,851 photos, 49,008 members
- AUTUMN*FALL P1/A5 ***CONTEST for every member 135,408 photos, 17,605 members
- Wet Reflections 254,551 photos, 21,057 members
- WORLDWIDE URBAN PANORAMA ..Post 1, comment 5 6,780 photos, 913 members
- Happiness Conservancy (post 1, award 2) 11,352 photos, 1,383 members
- FOUNTAINS EVERYWHERE (UNLIMITED) 14,899 photos, 2,067 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,337,405 photos, 60,935 members
- Ultimate Shot ~Invited Images Only! POST 1/ Comment 1 49,400 photos, 11,584 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 438,648 photos, 51,143 members
- Photos of QUALITY to Smile About ~ International ~ (moderated) 230,661 photos, 14,654 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 327,816 photos, 40,007 members
- Fabulous Flowers (Contest = POLYGALA) 188,197 photos, 19,059 members
- Super Shots - Post 1 - Award 2 287,157 photos, 40,619 members
- Shield Of Excellence - Level 1 (p1/a3) 518,287 photos, 40,757 members
- Orchids 150,809 photos, 10,059 members
- Beautiful Canada 81,073 photos, 1,835 members
- Ontario: Yours to Discover 227,718 photos, 4,686 members
- Winter Wonderland 295,871 photos, 24,606 members
- Autumn colors 241,402 photos, 16,439 members
- Down Town 3,066 photos, 305 members
- Scenic Outdoors 224,362 photos, 3,984 members
- Toronto Lovers 91,819 photos, 2,059 members
- The Colours of: Autumn 519,697 photos, 20,618 members
- 1on1nightshots NEVER more than 1 in a row, comment on ANY 1 1,159 photos, 221 members
- Shillong 597 photos, 71 members
- North East India (please tag or geotag) 7,243 photos, 789 members
- Zoom Explosions & Bursts 3,451 photos, 979 members
- Night Images 1,188,169 photos, 162,479 members
- Christmas Lights 21,642 photos, 3,174 members
- WORLD CITIES HUB 32,859 photos, 1,183 members
- Magic Moments 1,944,544 photos, 55,902 members
- Literary Reference in Pictures: post one, comment one (or two!) 32,013 photos, 1,986 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 486,906 photos, 63,698 members
- New York Holiday 20,151 photos, 1,530 members
- Niagara Fall's Attraction's 2,270 photos, 370 members
- The Best Of Your Best: Post 4 Comment on 2 NEW CONTEST 15,319 photos, 808 members
- Atlantic Canada 76,693 photos, 1,441 members
- New Brunswick Photos 22,416 photos, 864 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 261,962 photos, 58,569 members
- Buildings/Architecture 1,304,753 photos, 46,721 members
- SpringCentral: invite EVERYBODY! 8,531 photos, 400 members
- Blue Sky Landscapes 7,298 photos, 805 members
- The colors of the sky 15,691 photos, 1,035 members
- Fruit & Veg 206,560 photos, 48,234 members
- Snow, Snow & More Snow 34,722 photos, 2,363 members
- My Happy Place~4 pics per day~please comment 26,092 photos, 780 members
"I am delighted that we went to the same school and perhaps more bonding in the church and friendship carries on in Shillong, India and I have always envies his equipments till i never knew he left, the last time i remember is his food joint Chopsticks in Shillong. One always wonder how people appear and disappear within your social circle and Ming is one friend embedded in my memory until one fine day in 2006 he connects with me at our Tourism website, he motivates and encourages me for online contact until i am addicted for good reasons to cherish our perpetual communication with a purpose- Art Photography. Need I say more... no... what is not said is already known to Ming. Thanks"
December 14th, 2009
MRD Images says:
"What can I say about Peter other than he has some amazing photos in his stream! He captures the beauty of nature and the urban photos of the cities he travels! All of his photos are crisp and clear and colorful. He has a great series and stories to tell about all of his photos in his stream. Good work and I enjoy visiting on a regular basis!"
March 23rd, 2010
"Peter has been a friend from day one here and he just lives the art in his photography...his is, vicarious experience that takes one to limitless possibilities of yet endless beauty..."
July 11th, 2009
"hi peter "id like 2 thank you 4 your photos everyday at work i change the background on my computer. 4 a different outlook each day, i use a lot of your work.""
June 13th, 2009
Anoop Negi says:
"Peter presents an array of pictures - landscapes, closeups, portraits, nightshots street shots and what have you of things and events of places wherever he is. His pictures give us gentle tales of familly life to the urban mess and beauty of this world.
Keep on clicking and broadening your canvas.
Edit circa June 2009...
I am here again to really complement Peter for the exceptional strides he has taken in his photography. He now presents some of the most stunning visual images of the areas that he visits and stays in. It is a pleasure to see this great metamorphosis in real life and I wish him even greater success and just keep them beauties rolling......"
June 9th, 2009
"Peter is a great photographer.
You have big talent and you are a creative photographer.
Your photos are splendid. Miraculous night pictures. Every your photos is the message, colour of emotions, perception world differently, on newly. The excellent colouring and the subject matter of works.""
May 7th, 2009
aplseed photography says:
"Peter has a wonderful eye for the colors and fantastic views that surround him. It is always a pleasure to see his gracious comments when he visits as well."
April 23rd, 2009
"He's one of my first contacts on Flickr and I'm very proud to be his friend as his pictures always touch me for their colours. His sensibility comes out from his photoes and reaches all of us with beautiful poems which always give us a smile. Thank you for sharing Peter."
January 18th, 2009
"Writing a testimonial for Ming is like showing light to sun.
He is great friend of mine and we both share one common subject of photography and that is Night Photography.
Great artist are not made but born .May be they are late in realizing the hidden artist in them but sooner or later artist will come out definitely.
Ming is one of the born artist.My great wishes to my favorite Flickr friend Ming Chai and his family.God bless them and we see millions of photos from Ming "Bhai "'s Lens"
July 17th, 2008
"Peter , I love to follow your walks :through nature, the blooms, with friends and with your kids. Through the days and also the evenings ! I love to listen to the rush of the water in the falls, because your photos capture not only the sight but also the sounds. Your flowers are not just bright, they smell good as well.
I salute your devotion to Linda and your kids ! What a sweet and caring father you are !
I will wait for more photos !"
March 17th, 2008
Trish Mayo says:
"Ming Chai is one of the best photographers on flickr - take the time to view his photostream and you will see amazing colorful images - great nature shots and cultural events as well as beautiful views of Toronto. He's not only a great photographer but also a wonderful flickr friend."
February 25th, 2008
"Ming is a GURU of night-shots. He has this amazing way of wonderfully capturing the places he visits. They can definitely serve as a beautiful record:-) Above all, he is a fantastic friend and a nice human being. Thanks for being there Ming."
February 19th, 2008
"Peter never fails to brighten my day and those of many others here on Flickr.
...on some of my absolute worst days, I have unexpectedly found a comment from him on one of my photos, and then the day doesn't quite seem so bad. His joy in everyday living is infectious :)
Over my years here, Peter has been a constant...a friend, a kind soul, and a lovely person to get to know through his pictures."
February 15th, 2008
Jimmy - Home now says:
"Ming is one of the best photographers around on Flickr.
He and I live in the same city, and we saw the same scenes. When I see his pictures of the places where I hae visited, I found completely new meanings and perspectives of things in our daily lives.
He can bring the best out of the nature which, in turn, evokes the best feelings out of us.
He is someone whom I look up to on Flickr.
Happy clicking, my friend.
Best wishes to you and your family.
Happy Chinese New Year!
January 27th, 2008
"I love to visit Ming chai's photostream!
He always cheers me up with his colorful images and his upbeat descriptions and verse.
To appreciate his talent, visit his sets, they are full of amazing shots of how he sees the world.
I value his friendship as I feel his spirit travel across the ocean to make my world seem to be a beautiful and wonderful place to be.
Once you get to know him, he will leave comments that are always delightful to recieve.
Ming chai is a unique person and if everyone would be more like him, this would be a peaceful and loving planet!"
December 6th, 2007
I have not met him when I visit Toronto. Only on here we met.
He is a fan's of mine. He visit me very often. I would miss him when he did not visit leave comments or Fave my works.
As the old saying, for one that keen to learn & improve would make one a perfect person in his field of interest.
I have witness that he is making great progress in his photography skill. I am confident that he would be a great imaging artist in the very near future.
Thank you for your kindness, support, encouragement & inspiration.
You are great!!
I appreciate your everything....."
June 9th, 2007
"What I like about Peter is his kind words and the meaning to them. I like his pictures and the compassion he has for family and friends.
I feel that he is like a mentor to me threw pictures and his sayings. When I am feeling blue I look up at his pictures and think it's not so bad after all. Thanks Peter for all your wonderful pictures and word that go with them.
April 17th, 2007
"Peter expresses the magic and joy of everyday life in Canada, from a beautiful walk around the city on a pleasant summer evening to the small fishing villages and breathtaking beaches to a peaceful neighborhood park in autumn. The happiness and love he has for his family, his city and his surroundings are gloriously expressed in his pictures. Take an evening walk with Peter and come away inspired!"
December 4th, 2006
- Peter Lu
- December 2005
- Toronto, Canada.
- I am: