I am a self-taught photographer, I love the large sea/landscape I usually take my photos at dusk and dawn, pursuing a dramatic edge when the light is at its best, my photos are a personal interpretation of the subject, not pictorially accurate but to convey how I felt about the subject. Although drawn to sea and landscapes I will photograph anything occasionally doing motor sports, still life and when I can find a subject, knackered looking buildings.
I’m from Nottingham in the English midlands about as far from the coast as you can be in the UK – I'm constantly looking for dramatic locations, like the Derbyshire Peak District or the glorious Isle of Skye. I want my images to make the viewer draw breath as they take in the sweeping landscape or the crashing waves so I make the effort to go to the best places at the times when the light and conditions are optimal to get a dramatic scene.
There are so many great photographers, when you are competing, it can often be that extra edge that elevates your image into a ‘win-zone’ and I find the challenge of competition motivating pushing me to up my game and produce better photographs.
I have made great friends through my love of photography and a sharing a passion for dramatic locations with like-minded explorers like Ian Pinn/PinkyPinn and Scott Wilson/wilsonaxpe amongst others – check out their work - you won't be disappointed!
So much about our trips is about trying to nail those ‘winning’ images that will attain competition or exhibition standard but, more than anything, the shoots I share with these guys are great times, some of the very best and you can't ever really capture that sense of fun, adventure and comradeship in a photo.
My cameras are a Nikon D800 & a Sony NEX7, I always shoot in Raw and I use Lightroom, photoshop, onone & nik software for post processing, when I have completed a photo I print it out to display in exhibitions, use in competitions and put on my office walls, I love holding a large print.
So, that’s me, photographically speaking…. I hope you enjoy my work and experience even a fraction of the pleasure from my images that I get from shooting them. I’m inspired daily by the great work I see on Google+, Flickr and 500px and it just pushes me to want to get better and go further…. Here’s to the next great trip wherever that may be.
Prints of my work are available for purchase from my website www.chrisnewhamphotography.co.uk
- DJI Osmo 41 photos, 33 members
- UK National Parks [Directory] 2,747 photos, 181 members
- Wales, UK 19,148 photos, 672 members
- Snowdonia 34,490 photos, 2,202 members
- Peak District Scenes 25,998 photos, 730 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,503 photos, 44,284 members
- Drone Shots 4,173 photos, 804 members
- VIDEPICS 2,343 photos, 81 members
- Tough/waterproof cameras 3,026 photos, 233 members
- Timelapse Videos 8,431 photos, 4,063 members
- SONY Alpha A7, A7r, A7S, A7 II & A7r II 152,906 photos, 5,409 members
- Gopro Hero 3 Black Edition 10,961 photos, 2,603 members
- 12 Months with Matt Kloskowski 15,738 photos, 3,743 members
- Best of Sony Xperia Z# Series 9,583 photos, 1,083 members
- Project Weather 645,110 photos, 93,686 members
- Sony A7S 9,983 photos, 1,149 members
- Sony A7/A7R: From Snapshots to Great Shots 9,142 photos, 350 members
- Sony RX100 (All Versions) 162,391 photos, 8,550 members
- Small Camera Big Picture 47,468 photos, 1,314 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 85,544 photos, 4,605 members
- Your Peak District Experience 16,919 photos, 380 members
- MirrorLessons Photography Pool 43,083 photos, 1,071 members
- Grand Vistas 17,401 photos, 489 members
- Sony Cyber-shot RX 148,096 photos, 4,011 members
- SCOTLAND'S LANDSCAPES 143,934 photos, 6,964 members
- Alpha A7 A7R 13,373 photos, 496 members
- WORLD WIDE ANGLE 22,790 photos, 1,138 members
- COAST. 88,880 photos, 2,331 members
- WALKING LANDSCAPES 96,594 photos, 3,255 members
- Flickr Friday 23,730 photos, 33,097 members
- on1 Photos 41,501 photos, 2,164 members
- Cwm Idwal 959 photos, 90 members
- "Landscapes Shot In Portrait Format" 7,350 photos, 683 members
- On Landscape 63,495 photos, 1,854 members
- Shutter Imps 4,238 photos, 86 members
- Bulb Mode Gallery 8,546 photos, 823 members
- Beautiful Capture 4,283,941 photos, 109,516 members
- Blue Hour Group 28,561 photos, 3,496 members
- Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire Photographers 16,019 photos, 187 members
- Flick2twit 16,540 photos, 232 members
- Nikon D 800 Landscapes 4,727 photos, 120 members
- HDR One Magazine 74,578 photos, 1,901 members
- DAPA GROUP 4,731 photos, 67 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 3,242 photos, 1,858 members
- Landscape Photography Magazine 86,210 photos, 9,302 members
- The Art of Photography Podcast 203,178 photos, 11,892 members
- Isle of Skye 21,589 photos, 2,428 members
- Stuck On Earth Community 122,924 photos, 6,602 members
- Flickr Nottingham Exhibition - Connected 7 photos, 170 members
- Menorca: best photographers 226 photos, 66 members
milo42 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Chris Newham
- August 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Project Manager
- Chris Newham Photography