I am a self-taught photographer, I love the large sea/landscape I usually take my photos at dusk and dawn, pursuing a dramatic edge when the light is at its best, my photos are a personal interpretation of the subject, not pictorially accurate but to convey how I felt about the subject. Although drawn to sea and landscapes I will photograph anything occasionally doing motor sports, still life and when I can find a subject, knackered looking buildings.
I’m from Nottingham in the English midlands about as far from the coast as you can be in the UK – I'm constantly looking for dramatic locations, like the Derbyshire Peak District or the glorious Isle of Skye. I want my images to make the viewer draw breath as they take in the sweeping landscape or the crashing waves so I make the effort to go to the best places at the times when the light and conditions are optimal to get a dramatic scene.
There are so many great photographers, when you are competing, it can often be that extra edge that elevates your image into a ‘win-zone’ and I find the challenge of competition motivating pushing me to up my game and produce better photographs.
I have made great friends through my love of photography and a sharing a passion for dramatic locations with like-minded explorers like Ian Pinn/PinkyPinn and Scott Wilson/wilsonaxpe amongst others – check out their work - you won't be disappointed!
So much about our trips is about trying to nail those ‘winning’ images that will attain competition or exhibition standard but, more than anything, the shoots I share with these guys are great times, some of the very best and you can't ever really capture that sense of fun, adventure and comradeship in a photo.
My cameras are a Nikon D800 & a Sony NEX7, I always shoot in Raw and I use Lightroom, photoshop, onone & nik software for post processing, when I have completed a photo I print it out to display in exhibitions, use in competitions and put on my office walls, I love holding a large print.
So, that’s me, photographically speaking…. I hope you enjoy my work and experience even a fraction of the pleasure from my images that I get from shooting them. I’m inspired daily by the great work I see on Google+, Flickr and 500px and it just pushes me to want to get better and go further…. Here’s to the next great trip wherever that may be.
Prints of my work are available for purchase from my website www.chrisnewhamphotography.co.uk
- VIDEPICS 1,542 photos, 63 members
- Tough/waterproof cameras 2,795 photos, 212 members
- Timelapse Videos 7,838 photos, 3,864 members
- SONY Alpha A7, A7r, A7S, A7 II & A7r II 104,010 photos, 4,291 members
- Gopro Hero 3 Black Edition 10,051 photos, 2,432 members
- 12 Months with Matt Kloskowski 12,884 photos, 3,763 members
- Best of Sony Xperia Z# Series 6,251 photos, 859 members
- Project Weather 634,797 photos, 90,686 members
- Sony A7S 6,818 photos, 891 members
- Sony A7/A7R: From Snapshots to Great Shots 5,450 photos, 274 members
- Sony RX100 (All Versions) 136,087 photos, 7,678 members
- Small Camera Big Picture 40,214 photos, 1,269 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 69,164 photos, 4,472 members
- Your Peak District Experience 14,078 photos, 350 members
- MirrorLessons Photography Pool 29,573 photos, 942 members
- Grand Vistas 13,228 photos, 382 members
- Sony Cyber-shot RX 132,437 photos, 3,802 members
- SCOTLAND'S LANDSCAPES 130,495 photos, 6,552 members
- Alpha A7 A7R 10,124 photos, 447 members
- WORLD WIDE ANGLE 15,895 photos, 904 members
- COAST. 68,703 photos, 2,110 members
- WALKING LANDSCAPES 76,464 photos, 2,975 members
- Flickr Friday 19,694 photos, 29,688 members
- on1 Photos 31,728 photos, 2,017 members
- Cwm Idwal 784 photos, 82 members
- "Landscapes Shot In Portrait Format" 7,043 photos, 551 members
- On Landscape 42,135 photos, 1,448 members
- Shutter Imps 3,710 photos, 84 members
- Bulb Mode Gallery 6,892 photos, 719 members
- Beautiful Capture 3,736,562 photos, 103,611 members
- Blue Hour Group 22,827 photos, 2,974 members
- Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire Photographers 12,066 photos, 156 members
- Flick2twit 15,490 photos, 225 members
- Nikon D 800 Landscapes 4,278 photos, 118 members
- HDR One Magazine 65,544 photos, 1,802 members
- DAPA GROUP 4,677 photos, 67 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 3,034 photos, 1,821 members
- Landscape Photography Magazine 70,448 photos, 8,791 members
- The Art of Photography Podcast 166,023 photos, 10,903 members
- Isle of Skye 20,009 photos, 2,261 members
- Stuck On Earth Community 116,195 photos, 6,547 members
- Flickr Nottingham Exhibition - Connected 87 photos, 171 members
- Menorca: best photographers 226 photos, 67 members
- The Best of Sony Nex 25,221 photos, 2,488 members
- 1-2-3 Landscapes (1 A Day) 127,728 photos, 6,009 members
- Rocks & Water 64,497 photos, 5,403 members
- The Lie of the Land (add one, comment one) 22,671 photos, 1,118 members
- towel day - tribute to Douglas Adams 1,343 photos, 1,101 members
- Sony UK 66,352 photos, 2,252 members
- nighthawks 312,624 photos, 19,621 members
milo42 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Chris Newham
- August 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Project Manager
- Chris Newham Photography