I am a self-taught photographer, I love the large sea/landscape I usually take my photos at dusk and dawn, pursuing a dramatic edge when the light is at its best, my photos are a personal interpretation of the subject, not pictorially accurate but to convey how I felt about the subject. Although drawn to sea and landscapes I will photograph anything occasionally doing motor sports, still life and when I can find a subject, knackered looking buildings.
I’m from Nottingham in the English midlands about as far from the coast as you can be in the UK – I'm constantly looking for dramatic locations, like the Derbyshire Peak District or the glorious Isle of Skye. I want my images to make the viewer draw breath as they take in the sweeping landscape or the crashing waves so I make the effort to go to the best places at the times when the light and conditions are optimal to get a dramatic scene.
There are so many great photographers, when you are competing, it can often be that extra edge that elevates your image into a ‘win-zone’ and I find the challenge of competition motivating pushing me to up my game and produce better photographs.
I have made great friends through my love of photography and a sharing a passion for dramatic locations with like-minded explorers like Ian Pinn/PinkyPinn and Scott Wilson/wilsonaxpe amongst others – check out their work - you won't be disappointed!
So much about our trips is about trying to nail those ‘winning’ images that will attain competition or exhibition standard but, more than anything, the shoots I share with these guys are great times, some of the very best and you can't ever really capture that sense of fun, adventure and comradeship in a photo.
My cameras are a Nikon D800 & a Sony NEX7, I always shoot in Raw and I use Lightroom, photoshop, onone & nik software for post processing, when I have completed a photo I print it out to display in exhibitions, use in competitions and put on my office walls, I love holding a large print.
So, that’s me, photographically speaking…. I hope you enjoy my work and experience even a fraction of the pleasure from my images that I get from shooting them. I’m inspired daily by the great work I see on Google+, Flickr and 500px and it just pushes me to want to get better and go further…. Here’s to the next great trip wherever that may be.
Prints of my work are available for purchase from my website www.chrisnewhamphotography.co.uk
- Tough/waterproof cameras 2,748 photos, 209 members
- Timelapse Videos 7,732 photos, 3,844 members
- SONY Alpha A7, A7r, A7S, A7 II & A7r II 94,729 photos, 4,021 members
- Gopro Hero 3 Black Edition 9,807 photos, 2,406 members
- 12 Months with Matt Kloskowski 11,500 photos, 3,754 members
- Best of Sony Xperia Z# Series 5,449 photos, 806 members
- Project Weather 623,833 photos, 88,950 members
- Sony A7S 6,281 photos, 832 members
- Sony A7/A7R: From Snapshots to Great Shots 4,861 photos, 258 members
- Sony RX100 (All Versions) 130,892 photos, 7,478 members
- Small Camera Big Picture 39,041 photos, 1,254 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 65,406 photos, 4,437 members
- Your Peak District Experience 13,482 photos, 339 members
- MirrorLessons Photography Pool 27,603 photos, 920 members
- Grand Vistas 12,298 photos, 371 members
- Sony Cyber-shot RX 129,552 photos, 3,775 members
- SCOTLAND'S LANDSCAPES 127,435 photos, 6,454 members
- Alpha A7 A7R 9,324 photos, 432 members
- WORLD WIDE ANGLE 14,666 photos, 871 members
- COAST. 65,069 photos, 2,071 members
- WALKING LANDSCAPES 73,180 photos, 2,906 members
- Flickr Friday 18,957 photos, 28,599 members
- on1 Photos 29,785 photos, 1,975 members
- Cwm Idwal 760 photos, 80 members
- "Landscapes Shot In Portrait Format" 6,973 photos, 555 members
- On Landscape 38,115 photos, 1,367 members
- Shutter Imps 3,631 photos, 84 members
- Bulb Mode Gallery 6,588 photos, 695 members
- Beautiful Capture 3,635,871 photos, 102,209 members
- Blue Hour Group 22,223 photos, 2,914 members
- Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire Photographers 11,467 photos, 152 members
- Flick2twit 15,069 photos, 220 members
- Nikon D 800 Landscapes 4,189 photos, 118 members
- HDR One Magazine 63,871 photos, 1,790 members
- DAPA GROUP 4,669 photos, 67 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 2,459 photos, 1,811 members
- Landscape Photography Magazine 68,526 photos, 8,651 members
- The Art of Photography Podcast 159,639 photos, 10,731 members
- Isle of Skye 19,702 photos, 2,226 members
- Stuck On Earth Community 115,005 photos, 6,531 members
- Flickr Nottingham Exhibition - Connected 89 photos, 171 members
- Menorca: best photographers 186 photos, 42 members
- The Best of Sony Nex 25,311 photos, 2,487 members
- 1-2-3 Landscapes (1 A Day) 124,574 photos, 5,928 members
- Rocks & Water 63,180 photos, 5,356 members
- The Lie of the Land (add one, comment one) 23,026 photos, 1,112 members
- towel day - tribute to Douglas Adams 1,346 photos, 1,102 members
- Sony UK 65,049 photos, 2,241 members
- nighthawks 309,382 photos, 19,570 members
- Inspirational Photography 197,171 photos, 9,437 members
milo42 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Chris Newham
- August 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Project Manager
- Chris Newham Photography