I am a self-taught photographer, I love the large sea/landscape I usually take my photos at dusk and dawn, pursuing a dramatic edge when the light is at its best, my photos are a personal interpretation of the subject, not pictorially accurate but to convey how I felt about the subject. Although drawn to sea and landscapes I will photograph anything occasionally doing motor sports, still life and when I can find a subject, knackered looking buildings.
I’m from Nottingham in the English midlands about as far from the coast as you can be in the UK – I'm constantly looking for dramatic locations, like the Derbyshire Peak District or the glorious Isle of Skye. I want my images to make the viewer draw breath as they take in the sweeping landscape or the crashing waves so I make the effort to go to the best places at the times when the light and conditions are optimal to get a dramatic scene.
There are so many great photographers, when you are competing, it can often be that extra edge that elevates your image into a ‘win-zone’ and I find the challenge of competition motivating pushing me to up my game and produce better photographs.
I have made great friends through my love of photography and a sharing a passion for dramatic locations with like-minded explorers like Ian Pinn/PinkyPinn and Scott Wilson/wilsonaxpe amongst others – check out their work - you won't be disappointed!
So much about our trips is about trying to nail those ‘winning’ images that will attain competition or exhibition standard but, more than anything, the shoots I share with these guys are great times, some of the very best and you can't ever really capture that sense of fun, adventure and comradeship in a photo.
My cameras are a Nikon D800 & a Sony NEX7, I always shoot in Raw and I use Lightroom, photoshop, onone & nik software for post processing, when I have completed a photo I print it out to display in exhibitions, use in competitions and put on my office walls, I love holding a large print.
So, that’s me, photographically speaking…. I hope you enjoy my work and experience even a fraction of the pleasure from my images that I get from shooting them. I’m inspired daily by the great work I see on Google+, Flickr and 500px and it just pushes me to want to get better and go further…. Here’s to the next great trip wherever that may be.
Prints of my work are available for purchase from my website www.chrisnewhamphotography.co.uk
- Tenerife (the Canary Islands) 21,695 photos, 613 members
- A NATIONAL PARK 8,959 photos, 1,061 members
- DJI Osmo 53 photos, 41 members
- UK National Parks [Directory] 2,982 photos, 195 members
- Wales, UK 20,533 photos, 721 members
- Snowdonia 35,355 photos, 2,249 members
- Peak District Scenes 25,544 photos, 758 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,309 photos, 43,919 members
- Drone Shots 5,544 photos, 1,003 members
- VIDEPICS 2,419 photos, 81 members
- Tough/waterproof cameras 3,122 photos, 249 members
- Timelapse Videos 8,695 photos, 4,111 members
- SONY Alpha A7, A7r, A7S, A7 II & A7r II 167,588 photos, 5,650 members
- Gopro Hero 3 Black Edition 11,268 photos, 2,625 members
- 12 Months with Matt Kloskowski 16,436 photos, 3,730 members
- Best of Sony Xperia Z# Series 10,420 photos, 1,108 members
- Project Weather 642,565 photos, 93,960 members
- Sony A7S 11,040 photos, 1,235 members
- Sony A7/A7R: From Snapshots to Great Shots 10,628 photos, 363 members
- Sony RX100 (All Versions) 170,367 photos, 8,756 members
- Small Camera Big Picture 49,313 photos, 1,319 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 91,466 photos, 4,634 members
- Your Peak District Experience 16,331 photos, 393 members
- MirrorLessons Photography Pool 46,320 photos, 1,090 members
- Grand Vistas 19,105 photos, 524 members
- Sony Cyber-shot RX 153,488 photos, 4,068 members
- SCOTLAND'S LANDSCAPES 135,300 photos, 7,029 members
- Alpha A7 A7R 14,235 photos, 495 members
- WORLD WIDE ANGLE 25,550 photos, 1,225 members
- COAST. 97,088 photos, 2,403 members
- WALKING LANDSCAPES 104,907 photos, 3,406 members
- Flickr Friday 25,686 photos, 34,430 members
- ON1 44,337 photos, 2,181 members
- Cwm Idwal 1,002 photos, 93 members
- "Landscapes Shot In Portrait Format" 7,434 photos, 678 members
- On Landscape 70,905 photos, 1,992 members
- Shutter Imps 4,453 photos, 87 members
- Bulb Mode Gallery 9,160 photos, 852 members
- Beautiful Capture 4,437,521 photos, 111,312 members
- Blue Hour Group 30,792 photos, 3,641 members
- Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire Photographers 18,064 photos, 196 members
- Flick2twit 17,290 photos, 232 members
- Nikon D 800 Landscapes 5,082 photos, 118 members
- HDR One Magazine 76,804 photos, 1,912 members
- DAPA GROUP 4,756 photos, 67 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 3,248 photos, 1,862 members
- Landscape Photography Magazine 89,297 photos, 9,651 members
- The Art of Photography Podcast 215,182 photos, 12,113 members
- Isle of Skye 22,347 photos, 2,503 members
- Stuck On Earth Community 124,640 photos, 6,602 members
milo42 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Chris Newham
- August 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Project Manager
- Chris Newham Photography