I am a self-taught photographer, I love the large sea/landscape I usually take my photos at dusk and dawn, pursuing a dramatic edge when the light is at its best, my photos are a personal interpretation of the subject, not pictorially accurate but to convey how I felt about the subject. Although drawn to sea and landscapes I will photograph anything occasionally doing motor sports, still life and when I can find a subject, knackered looking buildings.
I’m from Nottingham in the English midlands about as far from the coast as you can be in the UK – I'm constantly looking for dramatic locations, like the Derbyshire Peak District or the glorious Isle of Skye. I want my images to make the viewer draw breath as they take in the sweeping landscape or the crashing waves so I make the effort to go to the best places at the times when the light and conditions are optimal to get a dramatic scene.
There are so many great photographers, when you are competing, it can often be that extra edge that elevates your image into a ‘win-zone’ and I find the challenge of competition motivating pushing me to up my game and produce better photographs.
I have made great friends through my love of photography and a sharing a passion for dramatic locations with like-minded explorers like Ian Pinn/PinkyPinn and Scott Wilson/wilsonaxpe amongst others – check out their work - you won't be disappointed!
So much about our trips is about trying to nail those ‘winning’ images that will attain competition or exhibition standard but, more than anything, the shoots I share with these guys are great times, some of the very best and you can't ever really capture that sense of fun, adventure and comradeship in a photo.
My cameras are a Nikon D800 & a Sony NEX7, I always shoot in Raw and I use Lightroom, photoshop, onone & nik software for post processing, when I have completed a photo I print it out to display in exhibitions, use in competitions and put on my office walls, I love holding a large print.
So, that’s me, photographically speaking…. I hope you enjoy my work and experience even a fraction of the pleasure from my images that I get from shooting them. I’m inspired daily by the great work I see on Google+, Flickr and 500px and it just pushes me to want to get better and go further…. Here’s to the next great trip wherever that may be.
Prints of my work are available for purchase from my website www.chrisnewhamphotography.co.uk
- Peak District Scenes 23,663 photos, 685 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,806 photos, 45,183 members
- Drone Shots 2,103 photos, 494 members
- VIDEPICS 1,797 photos, 70 members
- Tough/waterproof cameras 2,881 photos, 216 members
- Timelapse Videos 8,023 photos, 3,940 members
- SONY Alpha A7, A7r, A7S, A7 II & A7r II 119,826 photos, 4,744 members
- Gopro Hero 3 Black Edition 10,404 photos, 2,515 members
- 12 Months with Matt Kloskowski 14,068 photos, 3,757 members
- Best of Sony Xperia Z# Series 7,438 photos, 947 members
- Project Weather 645,449 photos, 92,173 members
- Sony A7S 7,799 photos, 977 members
- Sony A7/A7R: From Snapshots to Great Shots 6,237 photos, 295 members
- Sony RX100 (All Versions) 143,980 photos, 8,028 members
- Small Camera Big Picture 42,312 photos, 1,277 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 74,496 photos, 4,516 members
- Your Peak District Experience 14,633 photos, 360 members
- MirrorLessons Photography Pool 33,562 photos, 993 members
- Grand Vistas 14,507 photos, 409 members
- Sony Cyber-shot RX 137,021 photos, 3,883 members
- SCOTLAND'S LANDSCAPES 134,000 photos, 6,647 members
- Alpha A7 A7R 11,505 photos, 482 members
- WORLD WIDE ANGLE 18,052 photos, 973 members
- COAST. 74,582 photos, 2,180 members
- WALKING LANDSCAPES 82,536 photos, 3,061 members
- Flickr Friday 21,013 photos, 31,108 members
- on1 Photos 34,582 photos, 2,066 members
- Cwm Idwal 862 photos, 87 members
- "Landscapes Shot In Portrait Format" 7,140 photos, 550 members
- On Landscape 48,670 photos, 1,585 members
- Shutter Imps 3,859 photos, 85 members
- Bulb Mode Gallery 7,470 photos, 744 members
- Beautiful Capture 3,902,894 photos, 105,841 members
- Blue Hour Group 24,598 photos, 3,143 members
- Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire Photographers 13,082 photos, 169 members
- Flick2twit 16,251 photos, 228 members
- Nikon D 800 Landscapes 4,386 photos, 122 members
- HDR One Magazine 67,912 photos, 1,839 members
- DAPA GROUP 4,702 photos, 67 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 3,033 photos, 1,836 members
- Landscape Photography Magazine 77,531 photos, 9,076 members
- The Art of Photography Podcast 177,446 photos, 11,228 members
- Isle of Skye 20,554 photos, 2,295 members
- Stuck On Earth Community 118,596 photos, 6,567 members
- Flickr Nottingham Exhibition - Connected 4 photos, 171 members
- Menorca: best photographers 226 photos, 66 members
- The Best of Sony Nex 25,146 photos, 2,481 members
- 1-2-3 Landscapes (1 A Day) 132,673 photos, 6,143 members
- Rocks & Water 66,531 photos, 5,483 members
- The Lie of the Land (add one, comment one) 23,043 photos, 1,123 members
milo42 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Chris Newham
- August 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Project Manager
- Chris Newham Photography