I am a self-taught photographer, I love the large sea/landscape I usually take my photos at dusk and dawn, pursuing a dramatic edge when the light is at its best, my photos are a personal interpretation of the subject, not pictorially accurate but to convey how I felt about the subject. Although drawn to sea and landscapes I will photograph anything occasionally doing motor sports, still life and when I can find a subject, knackered looking buildings.
I’m from Nottingham in the English midlands about as far from the coast as you can be in the UK – I'm constantly looking for dramatic locations, like the Derbyshire Peak District or the glorious Isle of Skye. I want my images to make the viewer draw breath as they take in the sweeping landscape or the crashing waves so I make the effort to go to the best places at the times when the light and conditions are optimal to get a dramatic scene.
There are so many great photographers, when you are competing, it can often be that extra edge that elevates your image into a ‘win-zone’ and I find the challenge of competition motivating pushing me to up my game and produce better photographs.
I have made great friends through my love of photography and a sharing a passion for dramatic locations with like-minded explorers like Ian Pinn/PinkyPinn and Scott Wilson/wilsonaxpe amongst others – check out their work - you won't be disappointed!
So much about our trips is about trying to nail those ‘winning’ images that will attain competition or exhibition standard but, more than anything, the shoots I share with these guys are great times, some of the very best and you can't ever really capture that sense of fun, adventure and comradeship in a photo.
My cameras are a Nikon D800 & a Sony NEX7, I always shoot in Raw and I use Lightroom, photoshop, onone & nik software for post processing, when I have completed a photo I print it out to display in exhibitions, use in competitions and put on my office walls, I love holding a large print.
So, that’s me, photographically speaking…. I hope you enjoy my work and experience even a fraction of the pleasure from my images that I get from shooting them. I’m inspired daily by the great work I see on Google+, Flickr and 500px and it just pushes me to want to get better and go further…. Here’s to the next great trip wherever that may be.
Prints of my work are available for purchase from my website www.chrisnewhamphotography.co.uk
- Tough/waterproof cameras 2,656 photos, 205 members
- Timelapse Videos 7,618 photos, 3,805 members
- SONY Alpha A7, A7r, A7S, A7 II & A7r II 85,185 photos, 3,728 members
- Gopro Hero 3 Black Edition 9,427 photos, 2,335 members
- 12 Months with Matt Kloskowski 10,113 photos, 3,723 members
- Sony Xperia [20.7MP] Photography 4,693 photos, 743 members
- Project Weather 599,206 photos, 87,282 members
- Sony A7S 5,570 photos, 745 members
- Sony A7/A7R: From Snapshots to Great Shots 4,458 photos, 233 members
- Sony RX100 (All Versions) 125,152 photos, 7,253 members
- Small Camera Big Picture 37,261 photos, 1,239 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 61,863 photos, 4,420 members
- Your Peak District Experience 13,044 photos, 323 members
- MirrorLessons Photography Pool 25,469 photos, 897 members
- Grand Vistas 11,406 photos, 352 members
- Sony Cyber-shot RX 126,060 photos, 3,719 members
- SCOTLAND'S LANDSCAPES 124,425 photos, 6,347 members
- Alpha A7 A7R 8,423 photos, 409 members
- WORLD WIDE ANGLE 13,321 photos, 820 members
- COAST. 60,434 photos, 2,024 members
- WALKING LANDSCAPES 68,519 photos, 2,831 members
- Flickr Friday 18,212 photos, 27,491 members
- on1 Photos 28,007 photos, 1,960 members
- Cwm Idwal 738 photos, 80 members
- "Landscapes Shot In Portrait Format" 6,944 photos, 557 members
- On Landscape 34,083 photos, 1,279 members
- Shutter Imps 3,520 photos, 84 members
- Bulb Mode Gallery 6,335 photos, 677 members
- Beautiful Capture 3,529,838 photos, 100,529 members
- Blue Hour Group 21,044 photos, 2,823 members
- Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire Photographers 10,757 photos, 147 members
- Flick2twit 14,504 photos, 217 members
- Nikon D 800 Landscapes 4,066 photos, 113 members
- HDR One Magazine 62,114 photos, 1,772 members
- DAPA GROUP 4,645 photos, 67 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 2,458 photos, 1,803 members
- Landscape Photography Magazine 64,061 photos, 8,624 members
- The Art of Photography Podcast 152,650 photos, 10,520 members
- Isle of Skye 19,340 photos, 2,169 members
- Stuck On Earth Community 113,219 photos, 6,489 members
- Flickr Nottingham Exhibition - Connected 89 photos, 171 members
- Menorca: best photographers 186 photos, 42 members
- The Best of Sony Nex 25,394 photos, 2,494 members
- 1-2-3 Landscapes (1 A Day) 121,273 photos, 5,834 members
- Rocks & Water 61,959 photos, 5,292 members
- The Lie of the Land (add one, comment one) 22,907 photos, 1,111 members
- towel day - tribute to Douglas Adams 1,346 photos, 1,101 members
- Sony UK 62,171 photos, 2,226 members
- nighthawks 306,460 photos, 19,502 members
- Inspirational Photography 193,221 photos, 9,357 members
milo42 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Chris Newham
- August 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Project Manager
- Chris Newham Photography