I am a self-taught photographer, I love the large sea/landscape I usually take my photos at dusk and dawn, pursuing a dramatic edge when the light is at its best, my photos are a personal interpretation of the subject, not pictorially accurate but to convey how I felt about the subject. Although drawn to sea and landscapes I will photograph anything occasionally doing motor sports, still life and when I can find a subject, knackered looking buildings.
I’m from Nottingham in the English midlands about as far from the coast as you can be in the UK – I'm constantly looking for dramatic locations, like the Derbyshire Peak District or the glorious Isle of Skye. I want my images to make the viewer draw breath as they take in the sweeping landscape or the crashing waves so I make the effort to go to the best places at the times when the light and conditions are optimal to get a dramatic scene.
There are so many great photographers, when you are competing, it can often be that extra edge that elevates your image into a ‘win-zone’ and I find the challenge of competition motivating pushing me to up my game and produce better photographs.
I have made great friends through my love of photography and a sharing a passion for dramatic locations with like-minded explorers like Ian Pinn/PinkyPinn and Scott Wilson/wilsonaxpe amongst others – check out their work - you won't be disappointed!
So much about our trips is about trying to nail those ‘winning’ images that will attain competition or exhibition standard but, more than anything, the shoots I share with these guys are great times, some of the very best and you can't ever really capture that sense of fun, adventure and comradeship in a photo.
My cameras are a Nikon D800 & a Sony NEX7, I always shoot in Raw and I use Lightroom, photoshop, onone & nik software for post processing, when I have completed a photo I print it out to display in exhibitions, use in competitions and put on my office walls, I love holding a large print.
So, that’s me, photographically speaking…. I hope you enjoy my work and experience even a fraction of the pleasure from my images that I get from shooting them. I’m inspired daily by the great work I see on Google+, Flickr and 500px and it just pushes me to want to get better and go further…. Here’s to the next great trip wherever that may be.
Prints of my work are available for purchase from my website www.chrisnewhamphotography.co.uk
- Isle of Lewis & Harris 17,648 photos, 852 members
- Ground Control to Major Drone (Active) 828 photos, 97 members
- Your Best Shot 2016 28,513 photos, 41,103 members
- Be a Hero - GoPro 23,093 photos, 3,707 members
- GOPRO Landscapes 1,180 photos, 235 members
- GoPro Photography 2,587 photos, 630 members
- GoPro Greats 10,074 photos, 1,871 members
- Tenerife (the Canary Islands) 22,378 photos, 650 members
- A NATIONAL PARK 13,760 photos, 1,149 members
- UK National Parks [Directory] 3,367 photos, 207 members
- Wales, UK 21,729 photos, 767 members
- Snowdonia 36,110 photos, 2,283 members
- Peak District Scenes 26,606 photos, 785 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,114 photos, 43,554 members
- Drone Shots 7,176 photos, 1,260 members
- VIDEPICS 2,756 photos, 84 members
- Tough/waterproof cameras 3,162 photos, 254 members
- Timelapse Videos 8,936 photos, 4,158 members
- SONY Alpha A7, A7r, A7S, A7 II & A7r II 181,404 photos, 5,926 members
- Gopro Hero 3 Black Edition 11,481 photos, 2,642 members
- 12 Months with Matt Kloskowski 16,988 photos, 3,713 members
- Best of Sony Xperia Z# Series 10,847 photos, 1,118 members
- Project Weather 640,670 photos, 94,089 members
- Sony A7S 12,025 photos, 1,303 members
- Sony A7/A7R: From Snapshots to Great Shots 12,200 photos, 385 members
- Sony RX100 (All Versions) 176,757 photos, 9,012 members
- Small Camera Big Picture 51,522 photos, 1,319 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 97,264 photos, 4,666 members
- Your Peak District Experience 17,364 photos, 407 members
- MirrorLessons Photography Pool 50,327 photos, 1,106 members
- Grand Vistas 20,872 photos, 547 members
- Sony Cyber-shot RX 157,444 photos, 4,107 members
- Alpha A7 A7R 14,981 photos, 496 members
- WORLD WIDE ANGLE 28,793 photos, 1,343 members
- COAST. 103,418 photos, 2,462 members
- WALKING LANDSCAPES 112,892 photos, 3,534 members
- Flickr Friday 27,073 photos, 35,354 members
- ON1 46,580 photos, 2,212 members
- Cwm Idwal 1,046 photos, 95 members
- "Landscapes Shot In Portrait Format" 7,400 photos, 673 members
- On Landscape 80,892 photos, 2,142 members
- Shutter Imps 4,711 photos, 88 members
- Bulb Mode Gallery 9,872 photos, 894 members
- Beautiful Capture 4,623,227 photos, 113,403 members
- Blue Hour Group 32,821 photos, 3,760 members
- Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire Photographers 20,001 photos, 199 members
- Flick2twit 18,132 photos, 230 members
- Nikon D 800 Landscapes 5,292 photos, 119 members
- HDR One Magazine 79,832 photos, 1,929 members
- DAPA GROUP 4,769 photos, 66 members
milo42 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Chris Newham
- August 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Project Manager
- Chris Newham Photography