A geeky Marine that likes to read comic books and avoid choking the random person.
I don't follow the status quo and march to my own drum. (want to know what I mean by that just ask)
Born in Illinois currently living in NC.
- Old School Photo Challenge 03 March 2012 120 photos, 14 members
- Stuck On Earth Community 110,331 photos, 6,450 members
- TOTALLY EXPOSED: Solo Exhibition by Sarah R. Bloom 72 photos, 14 members
- Word of the Week - Photographic Definitions 18 photos, 16 members
- b&w of woman 20,727 photos, 1,798 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 356,680 photos, 23,115 members
- Street Photography 2,787 photos, 37,718 members
- Portraiture 819,922 photos, 31,024 members
- The Portrait Group 2,611,518 photos, 149,458 members
- Creative 365 Self Portrait Ideas 3,601 photos, 578 members
- ♥ fiddy love 867 photos, 52 members
- 365 Days Weekly Photo Contest 307 photos, 95 members
- The Swap-a-Lot - Closed for the duration. 106 photos, 103 members
- Nikkor 50mm 1.4 106,615 photos, 7,465 members
- What's in Your Earhole 366 photos, 63 members
- Selfie Saturday 500 photos, 110 members
- Project 365 1,782,528 photos, 29,628 members
- 365 Old Skool 5,661 photos, 75 members
- Nikkor 80-200 2.8 10,772 photos, 1,360 members
- Nikon AF-S DX 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED 32,941 photos, 2,216 members
- F64 Challenge - G69R2 WINNERS ANNOUNCED 5,476 photos, 1,061 members
- Chris Orwig's Visual Poetry Book 8,485 photos, 1,218 members
- Nikon D300s Users Group 193,620 photos, 6,214 members
- Welcome Back Mikey!!!! 6 photos, 49 members
- Not A Crime 507 photos, 1,841 members
- FollowFriday on Flickr 2,472 photos, 428 members
- Wordless on Wednesday 2,040 photos, 349 members
- Domokun Lovers 9,694 photos, 1,336 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,418,671 photos, 56,536 members
- Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple pie, and Chevrolet! 287 photos, 91 members
- street • traffic • window • random • signs 4,038 photos, 257 members
- Happy Blurry Shit In The Background Wednesday 2,475 photos, 397 members
- *Jumpology* 4,448 photos, 479 members
- 52 Weeks 59,106 photos, 6,003 members
- Clemstock 2009 ::: Peace, Love and Flickr 35 photos, 28 members
- Model Mayhem Flickr 42,790 photos, 5,057 members
- 100 Possibilities Project 7,401 photos, 152 members
- Goodbye my LOVE 273 photos, 76 members
- International (TBA) Week 1,371 photos, 487 members
- *Swoon 39,421 photos, 1,529 members
- DIYPhotography 37,522 photos, 12,448 members
- 365 or less 80,129 photos, 1,256 members
- Trash the Dress 7,595 photos, 2,722 members
- Story People 4,148 photos, 743 members
- myth-o-logical 41 photos, 29 members
- Self-Portrait Diary Project 2,755 photos, 193 members
- Quotes and Quotations 14,389 photos, 1,582 members
- Las Vegas FGR Meetup - MAY 15 - 18, 2009 7 photos, 59 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 617,029 photos, 37,577 members
- I'm a Flickr Badass 2,610 photos, 136 members
L&M Equine Photography says:
"Mikey is a good man, a Marine and a great photographer. His imagination is limitless and his eye is flawless."
June 29th, 2008
"There is a consistent brilliance to Mikey's photography. He's smart and talented--absolutely, but the man behind the camera is someone you should get to know. He is one of the best people I've ever met that I've never met."
May 10th, 2008
"The first word that comes to mind when I think of Mikey is CHARISMA. I enjoy sharing my morning coffee with him and he always makes me smile."
April 17th, 2008
Stephen Poff says:
"Does Mikey need one more testimonial telling people what a great guy he is... no... but here's one anyway!
I had dropped out of the flickr mainstream a while back and somehow missed his inclusion in the 365 Days Project. But after beginning my second year, I've found that Mikey keeps me entertained throughout the day.
Sometimes he's just posting random photos of what's going on during the day, other times he's leaping 20 feet into the air... just cause he can... and leaving us with an amazing piece of art.
I always feel warm and fuzzy when Mikey leaves a comment in my stream... it's nice knowing he's been there. He's often funny and charming. It's good to know that there's some good people lurking out there on the internets.
Keep up the good work Mikey!"
April 10th, 2008
"Whenever I need inspiration, a pick-me-up, or a smile on my face, I head over to Mikey's photostream. It's candy for your soul. This boy's got mad skillz, and a radiant personality to boot!"
March 15th, 2008
"Mikey....what to say about him other than that he is the sweetest man ever - with a dirty streak a mile wide and that is why we love right? He is also very creative with his camera, posing, and let's not get started with that tongue :)"
March 11th, 2008
"I look forward to seeing Mikey's photostream when I sign on...I know he'll either make me laugh, swoon or make me wish I thought of it first ;-)"
February 26th, 2008
"His sense of humor, his sensitivity and his photographic vision ...oh and did I mention the man has a butt that Michelangelo would be jealous of!! All reasons to love this guy! Mikey -- the quirky and cool Marine! You go boy! :o)"
December 26th, 2007
"Mikey is a collector. His prized collections have to be his music and all the beautiful women in his life. He lives life his way and by his terms and inspires others around him to do the same. His smile is contagious, his crazy facial expressions make my day and most of all his passion for life allow me appreciate how much I take for granted. If you're lucky enough to be one of Mikey's friends, you're in for a treat."
December 20th, 2007
LISA M G says:
"Mikey is always full of creativity and surprise. His shots range from loving family to OMG! Year 2 of Mikey 365 is gonna be a blast!! Love ya man!! =)"
September 23rd, 2007
Just Say KB says:
"Mikey's work traverses many aspects of photography that I love. I'm enjoying watching his portfolio work grow with every landscape and portrait that he takes. To a beginning photographer like myself, it's inspiring. His 365 project shots switches from cool and provocative to quirky and fun. Personally I'm looking forward to Year Two!
More important than any shot he'll take is his dedication to his family and home life. That in itself should be admired more than anything.
Keep handling your business, Black Man."
September 14th, 2007
"Mikey's photographs show a strong family man, with a BIG heart. He's often silly as well, sticking out his tongue and playing with mirrors. Keep up the good work, my friend!"
July 30th, 2007
Northend Nique says:
"Mikey is always there. Always. He shows up for every picture, every time, with a kind word, pinch or giggle. He can make me smile every time he says something. Mikey is a good person to know. I am so proud that I can call him a true friend. Thanks for always being there for me Mikey! :)"
March 29th, 2007
"Had the pleasure of meeting Mikey in prison..err... I mean I&I duty in Greensboro, NC. A fellow Mac user and tech geek. Once I got promoted to Staff Sergeant, will were finally allowed to 'legally' hang out. We're on different coasts now but he is one of the few, if not only, Marine that I constantly keep in touch with. Never lose touch bro!"
January 13th, 2007
"Mikey is da best!!!! :-) I can't remember when he and I "met" but it was on Journalspace....The world is a little better because of you Mike! :-) You sure do know how to make people smile and that's pretty damn cool! ;-)"
December 31st, 2006
"mike's photos are fun. and he is always eager to share a word or two in your comment box! :)"
March 29th, 2006
"Love me some Mikey. For the past 2 years, my day hasn't been complete without a dose of Mikey. All Hail."
April 30th, 2005
- Michael Dunn
- November 2004
- Waukegan, IL
- Jacksonville, NC, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- I do stuff
- Michael D. Dunn Photography