A geeky Marine that likes to read comic books and avoid choking the random person.
I don't follow the status quo and march to my own drum. (want to know what I mean by that just ask)
Born in Illinois currently living in NC.
- Pentax 67 (6x7, 67, 67II) 50,583 photos, 4,215 members
- Old School Photo Challenge 03 March 2012 120 photos, 13 members
- Stuck On Earth Community 118,639 photos, 6,565 members
- TOTALLY EXPOSED: Solo Exhibition by Sarah R. Bloom 67 photos, 14 members
- Word of the Week - Photographic Definitions 18 photos, 16 members
- b&w of woman 21,612 photos, 1,912 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 374,583 photos, 22,886 members
- Street Photography 3,017 photos, 41,661 members
- Portraiture 896,275 photos, 33,315 members
- The Portrait Group 2,806,380 photos, 155,950 members
- Creative 365 Self Portrait Ideas 3,701 photos, 589 members
- ♥ fiddy love 867 photos, 52 members
- 365 Days Weekly Photo Contest 335 photos, 102 members
- The Swap-a-Lot - Closed for the duration. 106 photos, 103 members
- Nikkor 50mm 1.4 111,656 photos, 7,771 members
- What's in Your Earhole 322 photos, 63 members
- Selfie Saturday 514 photos, 111 members
- Project 365 1,840,485 photos, 30,418 members
- 365 Old Skool 5,660 photos, 77 members
- Nikkor 80-200 2.8 12,328 photos, 1,555 members
- Nikon AF-S DX 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED 35,776 photos, 2,343 members
- F64 Challenge - G74 R3 WINNERS ANNOUNCED! 5,833 photos, 1,075 members
- Chris Orwig's Visual Poetry Book 8,928 photos, 1,236 members
- Nikon D300s Users Group 203,310 photos, 6,365 members
- Welcome Back Mikey!!!! 6 photos, 49 members
- Not A Crime 493 photos, 1,826 members
- FollowFriday on Flickr 2,703 photos, 427 members
- Wordless on Wednesday 2,037 photos, 350 members
- Domokun Lovers 9,879 photos, 1,328 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,489,250 photos, 58,479 members
- Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple pie, and Chevrolet! 289 photos, 95 members
- street • traffic • window • random • signs 4,647 photos, 263 members
- Happy Blurry Shit In The Background Wednesday 2,555 photos, 417 members
- *Jumpology* 4,330 photos, 487 members
- 52 Weeks 60,029 photos, 6,063 members
- Clemstock 2009 ::: Peace, Love and Flickr 35 photos, 27 members
- Model Mayhem Flickr 41,781 photos, 5,004 members
- 100 Possibilities Project 7,292 photos, 151 members
- Goodbye my LOVE 270 photos, 76 members
- International (TBA) Week 1,351 photos, 484 members
- *Swoon 41,341 photos, 1,549 members
- DIYPhotography 46,387 photos, 12,574 members
- 365 or less 85,499 photos, 1,288 members
- Trash the Dress 7,869 photos, 2,750 members
- Story People 5,173 photos, 753 members
- myth-o-logical 40 photos, 29 members
- Self-Portrait Diary Project 2,756 photos, 194 members
- Quotes and Quotations 14,483 photos, 1,609 members
- Las Vegas FGR Meetup - MAY 15 - 18, 2009 7 photos, 59 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 693,870 photos, 40,632 members
"Mikey is a good man, a Marine and a great photographer. His imagination is limitless and his eye is flawless."
June 29th, 2008
"There is a consistent brilliance to Mikey's photography. He's smart and talented--absolutely, but the man behind the camera is someone you should get to know. He is one of the best people I've ever met that I've never met."
May 10th, 2008
"The first word that comes to mind when I think of Mikey is CHARISMA. I enjoy sharing my morning coffee with him and he always makes me smile."
April 17th, 2008
Stephen Poff says:
"Does Mikey need one more testimonial telling people what a great guy he is... no... but here's one anyway!
I had dropped out of the flickr mainstream a while back and somehow missed his inclusion in the 365 Days Project. But after beginning my second year, I've found that Mikey keeps me entertained throughout the day.
Sometimes he's just posting random photos of what's going on during the day, other times he's leaping 20 feet into the air... just cause he can... and leaving us with an amazing piece of art.
I always feel warm and fuzzy when Mikey leaves a comment in my stream... it's nice knowing he's been there. He's often funny and charming. It's good to know that there's some good people lurking out there on the internets.
Keep up the good work Mikey!"
April 10th, 2008
"Whenever I need inspiration, a pick-me-up, or a smile on my face, I head over to Mikey's photostream. It's candy for your soul. This boy's got mad skillz, and a radiant personality to boot!"
March 15th, 2008
"Mikey....what to say about him other than that he is the sweetest man ever - with a dirty streak a mile wide and that is why we love right? He is also very creative with his camera, posing, and let's not get started with that tongue :)"
March 11th, 2008
"I look forward to seeing Mikey's photostream when I sign on...I know he'll either make me laugh, swoon or make me wish I thought of it first ;-)"
February 26th, 2008
"His sense of humor, his sensitivity and his photographic vision ...oh and did I mention the man has a butt that Michelangelo would be jealous of!! All reasons to love this guy! Mikey -- the quirky and cool Marine! You go boy! :o)"
December 26th, 2007
"Mikey is a collector. His prized collections have to be his music and all the beautiful women in his life. He lives life his way and by his terms and inspires others around him to do the same. His smile is contagious, his crazy facial expressions make my day and most of all his passion for life allow me appreciate how much I take for granted. If you're lucky enough to be one of Mikey's friends, you're in for a treat."
December 20th, 2007
LISA M G says:
"Mikey is always full of creativity and surprise. His shots range from loving family to OMG! Year 2 of Mikey 365 is gonna be a blast!! Love ya man!! =)"
September 23rd, 2007
Just Say KB says:
"Mikey's work traverses many aspects of photography that I love. I'm enjoying watching his portfolio work grow with every landscape and portrait that he takes. To a beginning photographer like myself, it's inspiring. His 365 project shots switches from cool and provocative to quirky and fun. Personally I'm looking forward to Year Two!
More important than any shot he'll take is his dedication to his family and home life. That in itself should be admired more than anything.
Keep handling your business, Black Man."
September 14th, 2007
"Mikey's photographs show a strong family man, with a BIG heart. He's often silly as well, sticking out his tongue and playing with mirrors. Keep up the good work, my friend!"
July 30th, 2007
Northend Nique says:
"Mikey is always there. Always. He shows up for every picture, every time, with a kind word, pinch or giggle. He can make me smile every time he says something. Mikey is a good person to know. I am so proud that I can call him a true friend. Thanks for always being there for me Mikey! :)"
March 29th, 2007
"Had the pleasure of meeting Mikey in prison..err... I mean I&I duty in Greensboro, NC. A fellow Mac user and tech geek. Once I got promoted to Staff Sergeant, will were finally allowed to 'legally' hang out. We're on different coasts now but he is one of the few, if not only, Marine that I constantly keep in touch with. Never lose touch bro!"
January 13th, 2007
"Mikey is da best!!!! :-) I can't remember when he and I "met" but it was on Journalspace....The world is a little better because of you Mike! :-) You sure do know how to make people smile and that's pretty damn cool! ;-)"
December 31st, 2006
"mike's photos are fun. and he is always eager to share a word or two in your comment box! :)"
March 29th, 2006
"Love me some Mikey. For the past 2 years, my day hasn't been complete without a dose of Mikey. All Hail."
April 30th, 2005
- Michael Dunn
- November 2004
- Waukegan, IL
- Jacksonville, NC, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- I do stuff
- Michael D. Dunn Photography