Born in Perth Scotland.
Served an engineering apprenticeship in a local firm manufacturing dry cleaning, dyeing and washing machines, moved on and spent the rest of my career (30 years) in the MOD Aircraft Defence Industry (Fixed and Rotary wing).Retired from the MOD in 2000, carried on doing various part time work (mainly driving) but finally decided to stop and devote more time on my hobbies (photography ) and travel.
Transport of all types has always been an interest to me as far back as I can remember. Steam railways are my greatest passion. I started serious loco spotting in the late 50’s until the sad decline of steam in Scotland in the mid 60’s.I was never really a great diesel fan but there was one class which stood out from the rest and that was the English-Electric ‘Deltic’, just the sheer size, power and noise from those two Napier engines was awesome. I follow the preserved railway scene intently and try to visit as many lines as possible. Aircraft (mainly military), all types of buses, lorries/trucks and cars are my next interests.
All photographs are taken by me, early black and white stuff on a Brownie 127, why do we always seem to lose the negatives for old photographs!
Digital photography I use a Pentax K100D Super plus a Sigma telephoto zoom lens 70-300 mm F/4-5.6 DG Macro, I have also recently purchased a handy pocket size Fujifilm AX 245W Finepix camera.
Please feel free to comment on any of the photographs and enjoy your browsing!!
N.B. ~ PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF MY IMAGES/PHOTOGRAPHS WITHOUT MY WRITTEN PERMISSION.
If you wish a copy of any of my images,please request them on my email address at ..........email@example.com
Today (22/03/2011) added a Panasonic DMC-TZ10 to my camera collection.
Today ( 20/09/2013) added a CANON EOS 600D.
Photos of scotrailm 63A (2)
- Your Best Shot 2016 7,023 photos, 10,523 members
- 1 Million Aircraft Photos 559,805 photos, 4,764 members
- Aviation Photography Group 507,371 photos, 2,906 members
- TRAMS TRAMS TRAMS 41,906 photos, 367 members
- freight trains in the uk 9,346 photos, 121 members
- We Love Taking Truck Photos 1,898 photos, 41 members
- Color and Colors 3,181,913 photos, 92,780 members
- Scania P Series 130 photos, 144 members
- SHIPS 2 886 photos, 97 members
- Flat Roof Cabs Europe 2,694 photos, 122 members
- LNER 14,553 photos, 325 members
- Portugal trucks 3,048 photos, 24 members
- VOLVO F86 - F7 - FL7 - FL10 525 photos, 94 members
- Scania S Series 115 photos, 216 members
- Trains of age 2,758 photos, 44 members
- Trucks from the Russian Commonwealth (CIS / СНГ / GUS) 1,525 photos, 100 members
- Running Solo 274 photos, 5 members
- BRIDGES 2 6,110 photos, 833 members
- British Steam 6,598 photos, 93 members
- eight wheel rigid (no tippers) 220 photos, 41 members
- Steam Trains of Europe 13,107 photos, 175 members
- L.M.S. Namers. 2,417 photos, 86 members
- Mid-Wales hauliers 667 photos, 107 members
- Aberdeenshire & Moray Trucks 2,024 photos, 14 members
- Road runs only 1,502 photos, 96 members
- Worldwide Railfanning (WRP Flickr) 25,526 photos, 315 members
- UK police vehicles 19,335 photos, 158 members
- Class 68 Locomotives 5,198 photos, 365 members
- Aircraft at Air Shows & Air Museums World-wide 128,021 photos, 2,041 members
- Absolute no limit: Aviation 114,940 photos, 682 members
- All Locomotives 79,915 photos, 391 members
- Colourful tram liveries. 10,989 photos, 125 members
- Scania R Series 3,156 photos, 201 members
- YELLOW on All Kinds of Transport 36,074 photos, 820 members
- The Lomas Distribution Group 1,134 photos, 75 members
- All about Iveco lorries! 1,568 photos, 122 members
- Virgin Trains East Coast 2,972 photos, 131 members
- Abellio Buses & Trains. 1,742 photos, 39 members
- Vauxhall 8,058 photos, 342 members
- Megabus Europe 1,210 photos, 54 members
- 16 & 66 Plate Trucks 2,953 photos, 41 members
- Stagecoach buses in non standard livery 1,373 photos, 33 members
- IVECO EuroStar 169 photos, 83 members
- passenger ships of the world 4,482 photos, 69 members
- Flat Trailers 1,583 photos, 19 members
- Big Trucks North America 40,935 photos, 168 members
- Stagecoach Buses UK 9,373 photos, 46 members
- Clouds and Sky 32,952 photos, 1,167 members
- Euro 6 DAF LF's, CF's and XF's 5,352 photos, 90 members
- Scotland in Picture 302,422 photos, 7,116 members
scotrailm 63A doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Mike Brocklebank
- May 2010
- Perth, Scotland U.K.
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Retired Civil Servant