Born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, now live in British Columbia
I'm a dedicated outdoor enthusiast who won't hike to a new place without my camera in tow ! Among my favourite activities are hiking, scrambling, biking, running, treehunting, and snowshoeing and of course horsing around with my kids . Cold beer is also important, as are good books !
As far as photography goes I just enjoy a good image. Flickr gives me a lot of ideas to improve my own skillset, and the opportunity to see great photos from around the world from so many talented artists ! Most importantly I have enjoyed meeting people from all corners of the globe through the common love of photography.
Among my favourite subjects are old growth trees, creeks, and mountains here in BC.
If you find the time to browse through my photos I hope that you'll enjoy looking at them as much as I did taking them. Cheers !!
Should you wish to use any of my images please send me a request and obtain permission first.
- ALL AMERICAS 18,398 photos, 764 members
- WATERFALLS AND RIVERS 7,456 photos, 439 members
- ONLY2018 25,409 photos, 167 members
- A NATIONAL PARK 40,921 photos, 1,515 members
- MOUNTAIN 185,137 photos, 13,066 members
- Bright colour 51,389 photos, 1,373 members
- Alpenglow 3,000 photos, 311 members
- About mountains 10,593 photos, 1,517 members
- A RAMBLING WORLD FROM ABOVE 40,503 photos, 1,494 members
- JUDOJUDO E LA FOTOGRAFIA 440,368 photos, 11,374 members
- Rockforms 14,268 photos, 2,041 members
- Misty Morning 2,867 photos, 471 members
- Back Country 6,090 photos, 183 members
- Canadian Wilderness 7,763 photos, 167 members
- MAW (Mountains Around the World) 14,385 photos, 436 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 245,856 photos, 15,838 members
- The Beautiful Kootenays 3,367 photos, 276 members
- Mountains with Labels 1,627 photos, 29 members
- Un-enhanced American West 63,107 photos, 1,650 members
- Writing On Stone Provincial Park 296 photos, 39 members
- Southern Alberta 7,665 photos, 233 members
- Hiking Alberta 2,143 photos, 100 members
- Alberta in Black & White 2,923 photos, 120 members
- Amazing Alberta 96,546 photos, 2,209 members
- Alberta Lakes and rivers 5,690 photos, 202 members
- Alberta Skies 19,132 photos, 565 members
- Alberta Landscapes 22,688 photos, 931 members
- Alberta Travel Pics 15,450 photos, 668 members
- Alberta Bound (AB) 30,249 photos, 486 members
- Vancouver in the Fog 1,419 photos, 234 members
- Lynn Canyon Park 150 photos, 50 members
- Boundary Region, British Columbia 20 photos, 2 members
- BC Beaches 2,868 photos, 364 members
- Okanagan Valley, British Columbia Canada 340 photos, 13 members
- Sea to Sky Highway 1,420 photos, 213 members
- Wetlands of British Columbia 1,243 photos, 105 members
- Waterfalls of British Columbia 2,269 photos, 367 members
- Wildflowers of British Columbia 2,191 photos, 123 members
- British Columbia Waterfront 2,901 photos, 95 members
- Ultimate British Columbia 5,077 photos, 163 members
- British Columbia Parks 4,942 photos, 134 members
- British Columbia Lakes, Rivers & Ocean 6,987 photos, 267 members
- Grasslands of British Columbia 747 photos, 67 members
- British Columbia in Black & White 2,323 photos, 187 members
- British Columbia in Pictures 9,350 photos, 281 members
- British Columbia Birds 11,483 photos, 216 members
- Oregon Scenery 4,658 photos, 131 members
- Snapshot: Central Oregon 1,290 photos, 59 members
- Eastern Oregon 7,973 photos, 436 members
- The Landscapes of Oregon 1,870 photos, 83 members
"When I have been away from Flickr for a spell, one the things I look forward to upon my return is seeing just where Mick has been. His adventures are well documented with his camera and are a real treat for my eyes, heart and soul. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful relationship with nature that many of us no longer have the ability to experience firsthand for ourselves."
September 18th, 2008
Waltzing Broomhilda says:
"Where does one start when trying to encompass the scope of this guys photography. He has a sense of perspective that is sharper than Daniel Boone's tomahawk and compositional skills that leave me feeling totally inadequate. The sweeping grandeur that comes to life from his photostream is simply breathtaking. I spend a lot of time sitting here in Germany revelling in the majesty of it all.
Flickr's No.1. frontiersman is one of life's true gems. Thanks for all the inspiration and daily escapism. Brilliant!"
January 10th, 2008
""Don't bother writing anything rude or nasty" Flickr says. Hah! You try telling me, this tree freak is my dad. Just kidding, (sadly not about the dad part though) =P Mick is not only one of the greatest people I know, but his photography is utterly amazing. It surprises me that every week or so he's getting up at 4 am and setting out for a hike, just to be at the summit by sunrise. From mountains, to historical sites, to even my own tournaments, my dad's obsession with cameras is ongoing. His photography is influential, and he's inspired me.
I'm just glad I'm not the one who has to do his laundry.
But all jokes aside, my dad's a great photographer, and a really cool person."
January 2nd, 2008
"mick has always amazed me with his award winning, gallery ready images of the great back country!
My favorite visits are those when he is "one" with the forest!
This man truly has a knack of speaking to nature through his lens!
Thank you mick for your trek through the back country and to the peaks of the highest mountains, into places some of us will never be able to venture!
...just me pc..."
December 1st, 2007
"It is with great pleasure that I can get the chance to rave excitedly about Mick's wonderful photos. It is virtually always a fabulous visual adventure in the mountains or overlooking magnificent waterways and beautiful snowy peaks.
Amongst all this splendour , there are incredible shots of gigantic and ancient trees which are always a highlight to look at, ... with their magnificent size and girth captured to perfection.
I was very humbled when Mick wrote a testimonial for me, as I am a rank beginner in photography, and was so amazed by such a nice gesture from him. Mick ... as a Flickr friend ... is the best. I often wish I could join him on one his fantastic treks in the wilderness but I feel so fortunate that I can see the wonder of his subjects here on Flickr.
Best wishes , Rod"
September 12th, 2007
"Mick is a great photographer, his pictures are wonderful masterpieces, a great talent and an artist."
August 28th, 2007
thirsty ground says:
"Mick's Photos are not only beautiful but also give you a sense of being there......I love looking at his work...."
June 18th, 2007
flowery brake says:
"There are not many photostreams on flickr, where each page of a photostream contain more and more wonderful shots, but Mick's is certainly one of them. Mick is a fantastic photographer with very beautiful shots, where you can feel, both his passion for photography and the beauty of the scenery he photographs. Thanks for sharing so many wonderful shots! Photographers like Mick are what make flickr such a great place for viewing photos.
May 26th, 2007
"Mick is 'The King of Trees'...he captures that BC forest atmosphere brilliantly."
May 14th, 2007
Newfie Bullet says:
"Mick you certainly live in a beautiful province. I have never seen so many amazing photo's as you have in your photostream. It like virtual tour of your great province. Thanks for sharing with me and all your fellow Flickr fans."
April 25th, 2007
Waiting For The Ocean says:
"We are fortunate to have such a Gifted Photographer to bring back great Captures from the Wild Places most of us will never be able to see. His Studies of Trees are especially Well Done..His Recent Work with Mountain Streams is beyond compare..It is always a Pleasure to see his Great Work...Keep on Shootin' Mick, for all of us who'll never reach these last great Wild Places..."
March 24th, 2007
scarce face says:
"As a stay-at-home mom in suburbia, it is quite refreshing to escape to the great outdoors through Mick's awesome nature photographs which so excellently capture the beauty and majesty of creation."
March 9th, 2007
- December 2006