I'm a Christ-follower, wife, mother of 2 adult sons, mother-in-law, and grandmother to one grandson. Though I was always interested in photography, I didn't really begin until August 2006. I finally slowed down to do so due to a chronic illness. I was once a chiropractor, but am now doing photography and dabbling in genealogy.
I'm currently residing in Florida in a beautiful area full of wildlife, but just prior to the move, I began practicing pictures at the Los Angeles Zoo. This was difficult since they are set up to make most of the animals comfortable in the shade. I love open shade, but the zoo definitely had some lighting challenges, which challenged me to learn more and more. I so enjoyed getting to know the animals, and watching the love of the zoo's keepers for them. I was also able to work as the Volunteer periodical editor, which was great fun.
While in LA, I did Actor Headshots for up and coming actors to present to agencies and on auditions.
In Florida now, I've been able to capture quite a bit of wildlife in their natural settings. That has been fun and extremely challenging, too. As well, in Florida, I've dabbled in journalistic photography ... capturing especially my community.
Though I'm not the greatest photographer, I've been blessed to have had my work published in a number of places, as well as sold in different venues. Some of the places it has been published include the following venues and publications:
Barefoot Gallery in Cedar Key, Florida.
"Billy / Los Angeles Dez 2008." Elefanten-fotolexikon. 2012. Web.
"Cover." Hidden Coastlines Fall 2012: Cover. Print.
www.hiddencoastlines.com. Dolphin in boat wake image.
eBay images for various eBay sellers
A Georgia Elementary School Exhibit
Haven Hospices in Gainesville and Palatka, Florida
Land Gallery. Weathering and Erosion. 2011. Horseshoe Crab image. Utah Museum of Natural History, Salt Lake City, Utah.
"Little Mac / Santa Barbara / 2009." Elefanten-fotolexikon. 2012. Web.
“Little Mac / Sujatha / Santa Barbara 2009.” Elefanten-fotolexikon. 2012. Web.
Manatee photo. Natural History Museum of LA video slideshow about LA Nature.
Preuss, Simone. "Ten Recycled Ship Houses." Weblog post. 1-800-Recycling. N.p., 17 Jan. 2011. Web. Boathouse in Horseshoe Beach.
Streich, Jonathan. Fat Lighter: Our Southern Longleaf Heritage. Atlanta: Streich, Jonathan P., Tortoise image. 2012. Print.
Various. Cedar Key Beacon [Cedar Key, Florida] Various Ed. Print.
Various. Cedar Key News [Cedar Key, Florida] Various Ed. Print.
Various. Chiefland Citizen [Chiefland, FL] Various Ed. Print.
God created the heavens and the earth... and living creatures of every kind... And God saw that it was good. from Genesis 1
God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” ~Genesis 1:28
But now ask the beasts, and they will teach you;
And the birds of the air, and they will tell you; Job 12:7
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. ~Romans 1:18-23
***Please note: There are articles where my pictures are being used that have been written with views I don't necessarily agree. (Btw, if you wish to use my pictures, you must get my written permission to do so. All rights reserved.)
. . . Welcome to Art of Images (Join us! ♥Invite 1 AWARD on 2♥)
- Jeep Photo Dump. 1,040 photos, 45 members
- Around Buffalo 3,289 photos, 84 members
- Buffalo Zoo 1,824 photos, 203 members
- Moths of the eastern United States 8,925 photos, 421 members
- FLORIDA ☼ "The Sunshine State!" ☼ NO PEOPLE as Main Subjec 103,574 photos, 3,324 members
- Marine Mammals 29,296 photos, 3,035 members
- Flipper 390 photos, 123 members
- Bottlenose Dolphins 555 photos, 108 members
- Dolphins * Whales * Sea Turtles♥ 2,352 photos, 394 members
- Cottonmouths (Water Moccasins) & Snakes Mistaken for Cottonmouth 569 photos, 119 members
- vultures 5,921 photos, 1,188 members
- Seaworld, Whales, Dolphins & Sea Lions 757 photos, 100 members
- Blue Horizons SeaWorld Show 69 photos, 17 members
- Nalani: Of The Heavens 1,090 photos, 69 members
- SeaWorld Orlando Adventure Park 4,571 photos, 388 members
- Shorebirds 26,727 photos, 1,322 members
- THE WORLD OF BIRDS 135,852 photos, 1,893 members
- Trailr St(u|a)ff 13,785 photos, 955 members
- BUSCH GARDENS ~ Tampa Florida 4,257 photos, 307 members
- ♡ Impeccable 3,968 photos, 288 members
- Snow Leopard Trust - Supporter Photos 5,578 photos, 757 members
- Injured Pelicans 82 photos, 10 members
- Creative Face Portraits 63 photos, 34 members
- Grebes Only 415 photos, 69 members
- Black Skimmers 391 photos, 49 members
- Oleander & Plumeria 550 photos, 35 members
- Fish And Other Aquatic Animals 4,759 photos, 186 members
- Animals and Critters of the World 25,455 photos, 307 members
- Cemetery Wildlife 3,889 photos, 176 members
- Venture Into Retailing: Midwest Retail 4,454 photos, 49 members
- Archaeological Artefact Photography 398 photos, 147 members
- Native American Indian Ruins & Artifacts 8,604 photos, 1,237 members
- Pelicans all sorts 6,958 photos, 1,600 members
- Egrets and Herons 24,481 photos, 1,297 members
- Cranes, Herons and Egrets 29,364 photos, 2,280 members
- Sob a luz do pôr-do-sol / Sunset 252 photos, 34 members
- Sunsets and Silhouettes 154,880 photos, 12,786 members
- Manatees Galore 372 photos, 65 members
- Manatee 1,012 photos, 261 members
- Save the Manatee (unofficial) 392 photos, 73 members
- Pés & Feet & Pies & Piedi & Füße & Voeten & Hоги & Láb 45,077 photos, 4,518 members
- Why did the [bird] cross the road? 126 photos, 12 members
- Front Page Magazine Quality Photographs 2,504 photos, 72 members
- The Master Photographer/Top Class Images. 14,712 photos, 318 members
- The Best Wildlife Photography on Planet Earth. 22,065 photos, 436 members
- Flickr Global (Your Best Photographs). 139,065 photos, 2,480 members
- DOLPHINS 4,505 photos, 943 members
- Dolphins Wild and Free 11,642 photos, 1,963 members
- Collector Photo Magazine 80 photos, 3 members
- Western Lowland Gorilla 5,153 photos, 384 members
"Micki's photos give beautiful insights to so many wonderful characters and I have honestly enjoyed looking at them so much. Her photos and descriptions of the interesting personalities have inspired me to get to LA Zoo if possible to try and photograph the lovely animals that you have introduced me to."
May 11th, 2009
"Not only has Micki accumulated a great photostream, her knowledge of the L.A. Zoo denizens has rekindled my interest in animal photography. A walking encyclopedia on the zoo and it's residents, she not only knows the facts but doesn't hesitate to share her knowledge. It's truly appreciated."
February 9th, 2009
- March 2007
- Cedar Key
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Amateur Photographer
- My Website