I'm a Christ-follower, wife, mother of 2 adult sons, mother-in-law, and grandmother to one grandson. Though I was always interested in photography, I didn't really begin until August 2006. I finally slowed down to do so due to a chronic illness. I was once a chiropractor, but am now doing photography and dabbling in genealogy.
I'm currently residing in Florida in a beautiful area full of wildlife, but just prior to the move, I began practicing pictures at the Los Angeles Zoo. This was difficult since they are set up to make most of the animals comfortable in the shade. I love open shade, but the zoo definitely had some lighting challenges, which challenged me to learn more and more. I so enjoyed getting to know the animals, and watching the love of the zoo's keepers for them. I was also able to work as the Volunteer periodical editor, which was great fun.
While in LA, I did Actor Headshots for up and coming actors to present to agencies and on auditions.
In Florida now, I've been able to capture quite a bit of wildlife in their natural settings. That has been fun and extremely challenging, too. As well, in Florida, I've dabbled in journalistic photography ... capturing especially my community.
Though I'm not the greatest photographer, I've been blessed to have had my work published in a number of places, as well as sold in different venues. Some of the places it has been published include the following venues and publications:
Barefoot Gallery in Cedar Key, Florida.
"Billy / Los Angeles Dez 2008." Elefanten-fotolexikon. 2012. Web.
"Cover." Hidden Coastlines Fall 2012: Cover. Print.
www.hiddencoastlines.com. Dolphin in boat wake image.
eBay images for various eBay sellers
A Georgia Elementary School Exhibit
Haven Hospices in Gainesville and Palatka, Florida
Land Gallery. Weathering and Erosion. 2011. Horseshoe Crab image. Utah Museum of Natural History, Salt Lake City, Utah.
"Little Mac / Santa Barbara / 2009." Elefanten-fotolexikon. 2012. Web.
“Little Mac / Sujatha / Santa Barbara 2009.” Elefanten-fotolexikon. 2012. Web.
Manatee photo. Natural History Museum of LA video slideshow about LA Nature.
Preuss, Simone. "Ten Recycled Ship Houses." Weblog post. 1-800-Recycling. N.p., 17 Jan. 2011. Web. Boathouse in Horseshoe Beach.
Streich, Jonathan. Fat Lighter: Our Southern Longleaf Heritage. Atlanta: Streich, Jonathan P., Tortoise image. 2012. Print.
Various. Cedar Key Beacon [Cedar Key, Florida] Various Ed. Print.
Various. Cedar Key News [Cedar Key, Florida] Various Ed. Print.
Various. Chiefland Citizen [Chiefland, FL] Various Ed. Print.
God created the heavens and the earth... and living creatures of every kind... And God saw that it was good. from Genesis 1
God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” ~Genesis 1:28
But now ask the beasts, and they will teach you;
And the birds of the air, and they will tell you; Job 12:7
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. ~Romans 1:18-23
***Please note: There are articles where my pictures are being used that have been written with views I don't necessarily agree. (Btw, if you wish to use my pictures, you must get my written permission to do so. All rights reserved.)
. . . Welcome to Art of Images (Join us! ♥Invite 1 AWARD on 2♥)
- Around Buffalo 3,222 photos, 83 members
- Buffalo Zoo 1,796 photos, 199 members
- Moths of the eastern United States 7,434 photos, 391 members
- FLORIDA ☼ "The Sunshine State!" ☼ NO PEOPLE as Main Subjec 94,291 photos, 3,109 members
- Marine Mammals 26,491 photos, 2,836 members
- Flipper 367 photos, 117 members
- Bottlenose Dolphins 562 photos, 106 members
- Dolphins * Whales * Sea Turtles♥ 1,878 photos, 327 members
- Cottonmouths (Water Moccasins) & Snakes Mistaken for Cottonmouth 509 photos, 108 members
- vultures 4,661 photos, 1,125 members
- Seaworld, Whales, Dolphins & Sea Lions 757 photos, 94 members
- Blue Horizons SeaWorld Show 67 photos, 14 members
- Nalani: Of The Heavens 1,121 photos, 67 members
- SeaWorld Orlando Adventure Park 4,511 photos, 370 members
- Shorebirds 20,797 photos, 1,171 members
- THE WORLD OF BIRDS 78,146 photos, 1,292 members
- Trailr St(u|a)ff 11,796 photos, 957 members
- BUSCH GARDENS ~ Tampa Florida 3,942 photos, 297 members
- ♡ Impeccable 3,744 photos, 293 members
- Snow Leopard Trust - Supporter Photos 4,905 photos, 728 members
- Injured Pelicans 82 photos, 10 members
- Creative Face Portraits 63 photos, 34 members
- Grebes Only 418 photos, 72 members
- Black Skimmers 365 photos, 47 members
- Oleander & Plumeria 448 photos, 33 members
- Fish And Other Aquatic Animals 4,448 photos, 172 members
- Animals and Critters of the World 21,470 photos, 285 members
- Cemetery Wildlife 3,789 photos, 167 members
- Venture Into Retailing: Midwest Retail 3,769 photos, 43 members
- Archaeological Artefact Photography 387 photos, 130 members
- Native American Indian Ruins & Artifacts 7,845 photos, 1,160 members
- Pelicans all sorts 6,236 photos, 1,497 members
- Egrets and Herons 20,018 photos, 1,127 members
- Cranes, Herons and Egrets 24,337 photos, 2,042 members
- Sob a luz do pôr-do-sol / Sunset 187 photos, 28 members
- Sunsets and Silhouettes 123,185 photos, 11,036 members
- Manatees Galore 370 photos, 65 members
- Manatee 988 photos, 251 members
- Save the Manatee (unofficial) 381 photos, 69 members
- Pés & Feet & Pies & Piedi & Füße & Voeten & Hоги & Láb 42,494 photos, 4,372 members
- Why did the [bird] cross the road? 120 photos, 13 members
- Front Page Magazine Quality Photographs 1,516 photos, 59 members
- The Master Photographer/Top Class Images. 13,393 photos, 302 members
- The Best Wildlife Photography on Planet Earth. 14,798 photos, 358 members
- Flickr Global (Your Best Photographs). 92,878 photos, 1,891 members
- DOLPHINS 4,237 photos, 917 members
- Dolphins Wild and Free 10,495 photos, 1,889 members
- Collector Photo Magazine 87 photos, 3 members
- Western Lowland Gorilla 4,452 photos, 357 members
- grackles 433 photos, 133 members
"Micki's photos give beautiful insights to so many wonderful characters and I have honestly enjoyed looking at them so much. Her photos and descriptions of the interesting personalities have inspired me to get to LA Zoo if possible to try and photograph the lovely animals that you have introduced me to."
May 11th, 2009
"Not only has Micki accumulated a great photostream, her knowledge of the L.A. Zoo denizens has rekindled my interest in animal photography. A walking encyclopedia on the zoo and it's residents, she not only knows the facts but doesn't hesitate to share her knowledge. It's truly appreciated."
February 9th, 2009
- March 2007
- Cedar Key
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Amateur Photographer
- My Website