Former journalist pursuing his passion for photography.
Working with up-and-coming models and actors in New York City that are building their portfolios.
Always open to constructive criticism in order to learn more about photography.
- Project Weather 645,388 photos, 92,158 members
- Sunrise On The Road - Sunset In The Street 928 photos, 89 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 386,715 photos, 17,150 members
- EYES °° GUYS - men's faces 3,402 photos, 561 members
- Men...every one different. 77,564 photos, 6,188 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 82,664 photos, 3,260 members
- NIKON D7000 CAFE 550,733 photos, 14,738 members
- NIKON D7000 CLUB 699,022 photos, 27,597 members
- TogChat 1,857 photos, 309 members
- SaberStrip Lighting 617 photos, 346 members
- Rocky Mountain School of Photography 670 photos, 198 members
- Nikon D300 Users 565,019 photos, 17,388 members
- "Exemplary Shots - Flickr's BEST! (Post 1 Award 3)" 886,273 photos, 26,542 members
- Nikon D300 HDR 30,303 photos, 1,692 members
- Hipstamatic 322,577 photos, 16,790 members
- iPhone 4 Wallpapers 640x960 625 photos, 133 members
- iPhone 4 Photography 99,288 photos, 2,949 members
- Hipstamatic Pistil Film 3,144 photos, 270 members
- SLICK PORTRAITS 4,131 photos, 351 members
- Spectacular Elite (People Portraits) 16,250 photos, 1,813 members
- -The Cafe- 917,825 photos, 25,744 members
- NOH8 Campaign 16,367 photos, 1,401 members
- Flickrista 87,841 photos, 3,462 members
- FACE ON flickr (men & women) 16,000 photos, 976 members
- Night Street Photography 32,127 photos, 4,764 members
- Male Models! 26,675 photos, 1,985 members
- Panorama Maker 9,967 photos, 1,505 members
- Best of ★ Men Pool (BMP) 12,420 photos, 2,596 members
- iPhone Photography 196,380 photos, 4,301 members
- Classy Portraits 23,984 photos, 2,901 members
- HDR from a single RAW 85,808 photos, 9,424 members
- My First HDR - beginners group 166,239 photos, 29,235 members
- Abercrombie and Fitch 4,100 photos, 1,331 members
- Male Photographic Business 694 photos, 131 members
- Guy Faces 8,335 photos, 1,141 members
- Faces and faces - H.I.G.H.Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y. 260,661 photos, 13,275 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 374,380 photos, 22,887 members
- Actors Headshot photography! 4,526 photos, 794 members
- MALE MODELS (Editorials) 7,538 photos, 778 members
- FASHION EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Critique) 267,237 photos, 22,736 members
- Elegant 1,423 photos, 879 members
- GUYS in jeans 3,527 photos, 1,480 members
- New York Nightscapes 122 photos, 20 members
- Adobe Lightroom 31,415 photos, 25,447 members
- Photomerge 3,392 photos, 420 members
- NYC Photobloggers 90,631 photos, 1,976 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,290 photos, 6,595 members
- Portrait Award (Invited only) 46,909 photos, 20,505 members
- Great Wall Of Faces 2,899 photos, 1,160 members
- Portraiture Photography 1,459,931 photos, 63,500 members
"Wow, i've never seen before so many great photos. Thanx!"
October 5th, 2008
"Michael's photographs inspire. His photos seem more like fine paintings: technically beautiful, nicely detailed, but more important, they are soulful."
September 19th, 2010
your stream is amazing.
would you ever photograph women and b&w's?"
March 3rd, 2011
Armagan Orki says:
"Dear Michael; I love your model photos... Really, your models are very lucky because they have a great photographer who are you... :)
One day, I hope I want to watch you, when you work...
August 17th, 2008
""one of the best
a great artist with amazing ideas , I like the way he challenge himself to get the best shots and show us a great work of art
keep up the good work""
April 17th, 2008
"Mi querido Michael, me pongo de pie y me quito el sombrero por este sensacional, bello, elegante y muy buen trabajo que nos presentas, felicidades, se aprende mucho de tu trabajo.
Un abrazo desde México."
March 31st, 2008
Foto-X™ (censored now) says:
"Michael's photo sets have a rare characteristic: they can be viewed again and again without losing their freshness and allure. There always seem to be new details to delight one's eyes and imagination, and I've visited no other site whose galleries achieve this as frequently. The prettiness of the boys and the technical quality of the photography aren't sufficient explanations since there are cute boys everywhere and, no doubt, a good photographer a-plenty ready to take on this kind of work. Rather, it's a melding of artistic skill (composition, choice of locale, color, props, etc.), imagination, and remarkable derring-do in producing photo sets of striking originality and beauty. Even among the pure studio sessions (featureless backdrop, one boy, one prop), Michael's set holds all these qualities."
March 12th, 2008
Mike Slichenmyer says:
"Michael's become an amazing portrait photographer, with tons of creativity and talent. I eagerly anticipate each new subject/ upload, and always admire how he's progressed and obviously become much more confident behind the camera."
January 9th, 2008
Ad Altiora Natus says:
"I have so much respect for your work. They way you use our city as a backdrop is so encouraging. Keep making this art!"
December 19th, 2007
"Michaelnyc is one of my favorite flickr photographers. Technically he is top notch - use of light, clarity of photos, angles used, composition, and so forth. The subjects of his photos are most interesting and photographable - they aren't the cookie-cutter models that start to look the same after a while. Even Michaelnyc's backgrounds are exceptional - nyc backstreets and Central Park are two examplesof his nyc backdrops that complement the models. Michaelnyc must have a very good rapport with his models as he brings out something special in each one of them."
October 20th, 2007
"In my opinion he is one of the best portrait photographers.
An example of Photography becoming ART."
October 8th, 2007
"You are VERY good! Love your pics! Keep up the GREAT work!"
August 22nd, 2007
- January 2007
- Pratt, KS
- New York, NY, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer / Journalist
- Michael Huitt Photography