Former journalist pursuing his passion for photography.
Working with up-and-coming models and actors in New York City that are building their portfolios.
Always open to constructive criticism in order to learn more about photography.
- Sunrise On The Road - Sunset In The Street 847 photos, 84 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 368,346 photos, 16,771 members
- EYES °° GUYS - faces of men 3,282 photos, 528 members
- Men...every one different. 70,927 photos, 5,841 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 72,866 photos, 3,101 members
- NIKON D7000 CAFE 495,780 photos, 14,076 members
- NIKON D7000 CLUB 640,804 photos, 26,765 members
- TogChat 1,874 photos, 314 members
- SaberStrip Lighting 603 photos, 347 members
- Rocky Mountain School of Photography 666 photos, 196 members
- Nikon D300 Users 555,188 photos, 17,252 members
- "Exemplary Shots - Flickr's BEST! (Post 1 Award 3)" 826,208 photos, 25,713 members
- Nikon D300 HDR 29,911 photos, 1,709 members
- Hipstamatic 315,376 photos, 16,753 members
- iPhone 4 Wallpapers 640x960 631 photos, 136 members
- iPhone 4 Photography 98,079 photos, 2,936 members
- Hipstamatic Pistil Film 3,153 photos, 272 members
- SLICK PORTRAITS 3,736 photos, 338 members
- Spectacular Elite (People Portraits) 15,822 photos, 1,809 members
- -The Cafe- 820,355 photos, 25,083 members
- NOH8 Campaign 16,384 photos, 1,409 members
- Flickrista 77,463 photos, 3,329 members
- FACE ON flickr (men & women) 13,371 photos, 943 members
- Night Street Photography 34,243 photos, 3,960 members
- Male Models! 23,977 photos, 1,846 members
- Panorama Maker 6,236 photos, 1,129 members
- BMP ★ Best Men on Photos 11,345 photos, 2,330 members
- iPhone Photography 186,863 photos, 4,101 members
- Classy Portraits 22,488 photos, 2,891 members
- HDR from a single RAW 80,950 photos, 9,371 members
- My First HDR - beginners group 161,317 photos, 29,191 members
- Abercrombie and Fitch 4,089 photos, 1,322 members
- Male Photographic Business 700 photos, 131 members
- Guy Faces 8,023 photos, 1,115 members
- Faces and faces - H.I.G.H.Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y. 234,178 photos, 12,711 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 357,432 photos, 23,111 members
- Actors Headshot photography! 4,330 photos, 767 members
- MALE MODELS (Editorials) 6,993 photos, 758 members
- FASHION EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Critique) 254,894 photos, 22,024 members
- Elegant 1,206 photos, 884 members
- GUYS in jeans 3,288 photos, 1,427 members
- New York Nightscapes 107 photos, 14 members
- Adobe Lightroom 28,090 photos, 24,418 members
- Photomerge 3,191 photos, 405 members
- NYC Photobloggers 88,051 photos, 1,921 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,379 photos, 6,630 members
- Portrait Award (Invited only) 47,051 photos, 20,431 members
- Great Wall Of Faces 2,887 photos, 1,164 members
- Portraiture Photography 1,258,932 photos, 52,551 members
- Draganizer [CLOSED] 1,304 photos, 973 members
"Wow, i've never seen before so many great photos. Thanx!"
October 5th, 2008
"Michael's photographs inspire. His photos seem more like fine paintings: technically beautiful, nicely detailed, but more important, they are soulful."
September 19th, 2010
your stream is amazing.
would you ever photograph women and b&w's?"
March 3rd, 2011
Armagan Orki says:
"Dear Michael; I love your model photos... Really, your models are very lucky because they have a great photographer who are you... :)
One day, I hope I want to watch you, when you work...
August 17th, 2008
""one of the best
a great artist with amazing ideas , I like the way he challenge himself to get the best shots and show us a great work of art
keep up the good work""
April 17th, 2008
"Mi querido Michael, me pongo de pie y me quito el sombrero por este sensacional, bello, elegante y muy buen trabajo que nos presentas, felicidades, se aprende mucho de tu trabajo.
Un abrazo desde México."
March 31st, 2008
Foto-X™ (censored now) says:
"Michael's photo sets have a rare characteristic: they can be viewed again and again without losing their freshness and allure. There always seem to be new details to delight one's eyes and imagination, and I've visited no other site whose galleries achieve this as frequently. The prettiness of the boys and the technical quality of the photography aren't sufficient explanations since there are cute boys everywhere and, no doubt, a good photographer a-plenty ready to take on this kind of work. Rather, it's a melding of artistic skill (composition, choice of locale, color, props, etc.), imagination, and remarkable derring-do in producing photo sets of striking originality and beauty. Even among the pure studio sessions (featureless backdrop, one boy, one prop), Michael's set holds all these qualities."
March 12th, 2008
Mike Slichenmyer says:
"Michael's become an amazing portrait photographer, with tons of creativity and talent. I eagerly anticipate each new subject/ upload, and always admire how he's progressed and obviously become much more confident behind the camera."
January 9th, 2008
Ad Altiora Natus says:
"I have so much respect for your work. They way you use our city as a backdrop is so encouraging. Keep making this art!"
December 19th, 2007
"Michaelnyc is one of my favorite flickr photographers. Technically he is top notch - use of light, clarity of photos, angles used, composition, and so forth. The subjects of his photos are most interesting and photographable - they aren't the cookie-cutter models that start to look the same after a while. Even Michaelnyc's backgrounds are exceptional - nyc backstreets and Central Park are two examplesof his nyc backdrops that complement the models. Michaelnyc must have a very good rapport with his models as he brings out something special in each one of them."
October 20th, 2007
"In my opinion he is one of the best portrait photographers.
An example of Photography becoming ART."
October 8th, 2007
"You are VERY good! Love your pics! Keep up the GREAT work!"
August 22nd, 2007
- January 2007
- Pratt, KS
- New York, NY, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer / Journalist
- Michael Huitt Photography