Former journalist pursuing his passion for photography.
Working with up-and-coming models and actors in New York City that are building their portfolios.
Always open to constructive criticism in order to learn more about photography.
- Project Weather 642,398 photos, 93,964 members
- Sunrise On The Road - Sunset In The Street 976 photos, 90 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 403,976 photos, 17,274 members
- EYES °° GUYS - men's faces 3,605 photos, 583 members
- Men...every one different. 81,913 photos, 6,422 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 96,204 photos, 3,379 members
- NIKON D7000 CAFE 593,647 photos, 15,085 members
- NIKON D7000 CLUB 743,831 photos, 28,016 members
- TogChat 1,854 photos, 304 members
- SaberStrip Lighting 610 photos, 346 members
- Rocky Mountain School of Photography 671 photos, 200 members
- Nikon D300 Users 574,249 photos, 17,441 members
- "Exemplary Shots - Flickr's BEST! (Post 1 Award 3)" 947,289 photos, 27,178 members
- Nikon D300 HDR 31,088 photos, 1,687 members
- Hipstamatic 325,135 photos, 16,745 members
- iPhone 4 Wallpapers 640x960 626 photos, 128 members
- iPhone 4 Photography 98,363 photos, 2,929 members
- Hipstamatic Pistil Film 3,058 photos, 268 members
- SLICK PORTRAITS 4,638 photos, 349 members
- Spectacular Elite (People Portraits) 16,915 photos, 1,838 members
- -The Cafe- 1,014,530 photos, 26,253 members
- NOH8 Campaign 16,365 photos, 1,396 members
- Flickrista 97,771 photos, 3,594 members
- FACE ON flickr (men & women) 18,907 photos, 1,017 members
- Night Street Photography 31,636 photos, 5,198 members
- Male Models! 28,417 photos, 2,054 members
- Panorama Maker 14,886 photos, 1,825 members
- Best of ★ Men Pool (BMP) 13,099 photos, 2,844 members
- iPhone Photography 205,392 photos, 4,435 members
- Classy Portraits 25,975 photos, 2,915 members
- HDR from a single RAW 91,380 photos, 9,458 members
- My First HDR - beginners group 171,171 photos, 29,214 members
- Abercrombie and Fitch 4,081 photos, 1,324 members
- Male Photographic Business 695 photos, 127 members
- Guy Faces 8,750 photos, 1,144 members
- Faces and faces - H.I.G.H.Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y. 285,727 photos, 13,715 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 388,702 photos, 22,714 members
- Actors Headshot photography! 4,795 photos, 816 members
- MALE MODELS (Editorials) 8,213 photos, 786 members
- FASHION EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Critique) 282,001 photos, 23,127 members
- Elegant 1,589 photos, 882 members
- GUYS in jeans 3,850 photos, 1,511 members
- New York Nightscapes 140 photos, 23 members
- Adobe Lightroom 38,751 photos, 26,042 members
- Photomerge 3,894 photos, 433 members
- NYC Photobloggers 92,485 photos, 2,007 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,229 photos, 6,567 members
- Portrait Award (Invited only) 46,557 photos, 20,524 members
- Great Wall Of Faces 2,919 photos, 1,158 members
- Portraiture Photography 1,648,283 photos, 70,937 members
"Wow, i've never seen before so many great photos. Thanx!"
October 5th, 2008
"Michael's photographs inspire. His photos seem more like fine paintings: technically beautiful, nicely detailed, but more important, they are soulful."
September 19th, 2010
your stream is amazing.
would you ever photograph women and b&w's?"
March 3rd, 2011
Armagan Orki says:
"Dear Michael; I love your model photos... Really, your models are very lucky because they have a great photographer who are you... :)
One day, I hope I want to watch you, when you work...
August 17th, 2008
""one of the best
a great artist with amazing ideas , I like the way he challenge himself to get the best shots and show us a great work of art
keep up the good work""
April 17th, 2008
"Mi querido Michael, me pongo de pie y me quito el sombrero por este sensacional, bello, elegante y muy buen trabajo que nos presentas, felicidades, se aprende mucho de tu trabajo.
Un abrazo desde México."
March 31st, 2008
Foto-X™ (censored now) says:
"Michael's photo sets have a rare characteristic: they can be viewed again and again without losing their freshness and allure. There always seem to be new details to delight one's eyes and imagination, and I've visited no other site whose galleries achieve this as frequently. The prettiness of the boys and the technical quality of the photography aren't sufficient explanations since there are cute boys everywhere and, no doubt, a good photographer a-plenty ready to take on this kind of work. Rather, it's a melding of artistic skill (composition, choice of locale, color, props, etc.), imagination, and remarkable derring-do in producing photo sets of striking originality and beauty. Even among the pure studio sessions (featureless backdrop, one boy, one prop), Michael's set holds all these qualities."
March 12th, 2008
Mike Slichenmyer says:
"Michael's become an amazing portrait photographer, with tons of creativity and talent. I eagerly anticipate each new subject/ upload, and always admire how he's progressed and obviously become much more confident behind the camera."
January 9th, 2008
Ad Altiora Natus says:
"I have so much respect for your work. They way you use our city as a backdrop is so encouraging. Keep making this art!"
December 19th, 2007
"Michaelnyc is one of my favorite flickr photographers. Technically he is top notch - use of light, clarity of photos, angles used, composition, and so forth. The subjects of his photos are most interesting and photographable - they aren't the cookie-cutter models that start to look the same after a while. Even Michaelnyc's backgrounds are exceptional - nyc backstreets and Central Park are two examplesof his nyc backdrops that complement the models. Michaelnyc must have a very good rapport with his models as he brings out something special in each one of them."
October 20th, 2007
"In my opinion he is one of the best portrait photographers.
An example of Photography becoming ART."
October 8th, 2007
"You are VERY good! Love your pics! Keep up the GREAT work!"
August 22nd, 2007
- January 2007
- Pratt, KS
- New York, NY, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer / Journalist
- Michael Huitt Photography