Former journalist pursuing his passion for photography.
Working with up-and-coming models and actors in New York City that are building their portfolios.
Always open to constructive criticism in order to learn more about photography.
- Project Weather 645,174 photos, 93,669 members
- Sunrise On The Road - Sunset In The Street 954 photos, 90 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 398,942 photos, 17,251 members
- EYES °° GUYS - men's faces 3,579 photos, 571 members
- Men...every one different. 81,302 photos, 6,330 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 91,875 photos, 3,336 members
- NIKON D7000 CAFE 580,319 photos, 14,985 members
- NIKON D7000 CLUB 731,108 photos, 27,905 members
- TogChat 1,854 photos, 306 members
- SaberStrip Lighting 615 photos, 346 members
- Rocky Mountain School of Photography 670 photos, 198 members
- Nikon D300 Users 571,776 photos, 17,426 members
- "Exemplary Shots - Flickr's BEST! (Post 1 Award 3)" 927,329 photos, 26,986 members
- Nikon D300 HDR 30,692 photos, 1,690 members
- Hipstamatic 324,492 photos, 16,772 members
- iPhone 4 Wallpapers 640x960 626 photos, 129 members
- iPhone 4 Photography 98,122 photos, 2,939 members
- Hipstamatic Pistil Film 3,078 photos, 269 members
- SLICK PORTRAITS 4,377 photos, 348 members
- Spectacular Elite (People Portraits) 16,646 photos, 1,831 members
- -The Cafe- 982,693 photos, 26,104 members
- NOH8 Campaign 16,366 photos, 1,395 members
- Flickrista 94,573 photos, 3,567 members
- FACE ON flickr (men & women) 17,626 photos, 996 members
- Night Street Photography 31,851 photos, 5,118 members
- Male Models! 27,850 photos, 2,030 members
- Panorama Maker 12,932 photos, 1,709 members
- Best of ★ Men Pool (BMP) 12,925 photos, 2,755 members
- iPhone Photography 202,476 photos, 4,398 members
- Classy Portraits 25,218 photos, 2,913 members
- HDR from a single RAW 88,985 photos, 9,439 members
- My First HDR - beginners group 169,300 photos, 29,225 members
- Abercrombie and Fitch 4,097 photos, 1,323 members
- Male Photographic Business 692 photos, 128 members
- Guy Faces 8,588 photos, 1,140 members
- Faces and faces - H.I.G.H.Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y. 277,158 photos, 13,567 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 383,499 photos, 22,778 members
- Actors Headshot photography! 4,701 photos, 816 members
- MALE MODELS (Editorials) 8,030 photos, 785 members
- FASHION EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Critique) 277,149 photos, 22,999 members
- Elegant 1,474 photos, 881 members
- GUYS in jeans 3,821 photos, 1,502 members
- New York Nightscapes 135 photos, 22 members
- Adobe Lightroom 35,692 photos, 25,850 members
- Photomerge 3,747 photos, 427 members
- NYC Photobloggers 92,265 photos, 1,994 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,205 photos, 6,579 members
- Portrait Award (Invited only) 46,768 photos, 20,526 members
- Great Wall Of Faces 2,916 photos, 1,160 members
- Portraiture Photography 1,580,625 photos, 68,196 members
"Wow, i've never seen before so many great photos. Thanx!"
October 5th, 2008
"Michael's photographs inspire. His photos seem more like fine paintings: technically beautiful, nicely detailed, but more important, they are soulful."
September 19th, 2010
your stream is amazing.
would you ever photograph women and b&w's?"
March 3rd, 2011
Armagan Orki says:
"Dear Michael; I love your model photos... Really, your models are very lucky because they have a great photographer who are you... :)
One day, I hope I want to watch you, when you work...
August 17th, 2008
""one of the best
a great artist with amazing ideas , I like the way he challenge himself to get the best shots and show us a great work of art
keep up the good work""
April 17th, 2008
"Mi querido Michael, me pongo de pie y me quito el sombrero por este sensacional, bello, elegante y muy buen trabajo que nos presentas, felicidades, se aprende mucho de tu trabajo.
Un abrazo desde México."
March 31st, 2008
Foto-X™ (censored now) says:
"Michael's photo sets have a rare characteristic: they can be viewed again and again without losing their freshness and allure. There always seem to be new details to delight one's eyes and imagination, and I've visited no other site whose galleries achieve this as frequently. The prettiness of the boys and the technical quality of the photography aren't sufficient explanations since there are cute boys everywhere and, no doubt, a good photographer a-plenty ready to take on this kind of work. Rather, it's a melding of artistic skill (composition, choice of locale, color, props, etc.), imagination, and remarkable derring-do in producing photo sets of striking originality and beauty. Even among the pure studio sessions (featureless backdrop, one boy, one prop), Michael's set holds all these qualities."
March 12th, 2008
Mike Slichenmyer says:
"Michael's become an amazing portrait photographer, with tons of creativity and talent. I eagerly anticipate each new subject/ upload, and always admire how he's progressed and obviously become much more confident behind the camera."
January 9th, 2008
Ad Altiora Natus says:
"I have so much respect for your work. They way you use our city as a backdrop is so encouraging. Keep making this art!"
December 19th, 2007
"Michaelnyc is one of my favorite flickr photographers. Technically he is top notch - use of light, clarity of photos, angles used, composition, and so forth. The subjects of his photos are most interesting and photographable - they aren't the cookie-cutter models that start to look the same after a while. Even Michaelnyc's backgrounds are exceptional - nyc backstreets and Central Park are two examplesof his nyc backdrops that complement the models. Michaelnyc must have a very good rapport with his models as he brings out something special in each one of them."
October 20th, 2007
"In my opinion he is one of the best portrait photographers.
An example of Photography becoming ART."
October 8th, 2007
"You are VERY good! Love your pics! Keep up the GREAT work!"
August 22nd, 2007
- January 2007
- Pratt, KS
- New York, NY, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer / Journalist
- Michael Huitt Photography