Former journalist pursuing his passion for photography.
Working with up-and-coming models and actors in New York City that are building their portfolios.
Always open to constructive criticism in order to learn more about photography.
- Project Weather 616,342 photos, 88,530 members
- Sunrise On The Road - Sunset In The Street 888 photos, 86 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 376,756 photos, 16,969 members
- EYES °° GUYS - faces of men 3,319 photos, 548 members
- Men...every one different. 74,919 photos, 6,039 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 78,148 photos, 3,185 members
- NIKON D7000 CAFE 526,544 photos, 14,428 members
- NIKON D7000 CLUB 672,284 photos, 27,222 members
- TogChat 1,861 photos, 310 members
- SaberStrip Lighting 605 photos, 345 members
- Rocky Mountain School of Photography 670 photos, 197 members
- Nikon D300 Users 561,291 photos, 17,318 members
- "Exemplary Shots - Flickr's BEST! (Post 1 Award 3)" 855,976 photos, 26,163 members
- Nikon D300 HDR 30,186 photos, 1,702 members
- Hipstamatic 319,051 photos, 16,781 members
- iPhone 4 Wallpapers 640x960 631 photos, 137 members
- iPhone 4 Photography 98,770 photos, 2,942 members
- Hipstamatic Pistil Film 3,143 photos, 274 members
- SLICK PORTRAITS 3,965 photos, 343 members
- Spectacular Elite (People Portraits) 16,063 photos, 1,810 members
- -The Cafe- 868,828 photos, 25,435 members
- NOH8 Campaign 16,381 photos, 1,404 members
- Flickrista 82,810 photos, 3,402 members
- FACE ON flickr (men & women) 14,899 photos, 965 members
- Night Street Photography 32,747 photos, 4,369 members
- Male Models! 25,504 photos, 1,919 members
- Panorama Maker 7,913 photos, 1,322 members
- Best of ★ Men Pool (BMP) 11,934 photos, 2,463 members
- iPhone Photography 190,755 photos, 4,192 members
- Classy Portraits 23,297 photos, 2,889 members
- HDR from a single RAW 83,455 photos, 9,399 members
- My First HDR - beginners group 163,856 photos, 29,245 members
- Abercrombie and Fitch 4,097 photos, 1,324 members
- Male Photographic Business 700 photos, 131 members
- Guy Faces 8,346 photos, 1,127 members
- Faces and faces - H.I.G.H.Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y. 247,939 photos, 13,015 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 366,873 photos, 22,986 members
- Actors Headshot photography! 4,362 photos, 778 members
- MALE MODELS (Editorials) 7,365 photos, 766 members
- FASHION EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Critique) 260,916 photos, 22,427 members
- Elegant 1,292 photos, 880 members
- GUYS in jeans 3,408 photos, 1,464 members
- New York Nightscapes 115 photos, 18 members
- Adobe Lightroom 29,878 photos, 24,970 members
- Photomerge 3,322 photos, 414 members
- NYC Photobloggers 89,559 photos, 1,950 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,319 photos, 6,610 members
- Portrait Award (Invited only) 47,028 photos, 20,464 members
- Great Wall Of Faces 2,900 photos, 1,163 members
- Portraiture Photography 1,358,098 photos, 58,555 members
"Wow, i've never seen before so many great photos. Thanx!"
October 5th, 2008
"Michael's photographs inspire. His photos seem more like fine paintings: technically beautiful, nicely detailed, but more important, they are soulful."
September 19th, 2010
your stream is amazing.
would you ever photograph women and b&w's?"
March 3rd, 2011
Armagan Orki says:
"Dear Michael; I love your model photos... Really, your models are very lucky because they have a great photographer who are you... :)
One day, I hope I want to watch you, when you work...
August 17th, 2008
""one of the best
a great artist with amazing ideas , I like the way he challenge himself to get the best shots and show us a great work of art
keep up the good work""
April 17th, 2008
"Mi querido Michael, me pongo de pie y me quito el sombrero por este sensacional, bello, elegante y muy buen trabajo que nos presentas, felicidades, se aprende mucho de tu trabajo.
Un abrazo desde México."
March 31st, 2008
Foto-X™ (censored now) says:
"Michael's photo sets have a rare characteristic: they can be viewed again and again without losing their freshness and allure. There always seem to be new details to delight one's eyes and imagination, and I've visited no other site whose galleries achieve this as frequently. The prettiness of the boys and the technical quality of the photography aren't sufficient explanations since there are cute boys everywhere and, no doubt, a good photographer a-plenty ready to take on this kind of work. Rather, it's a melding of artistic skill (composition, choice of locale, color, props, etc.), imagination, and remarkable derring-do in producing photo sets of striking originality and beauty. Even among the pure studio sessions (featureless backdrop, one boy, one prop), Michael's set holds all these qualities."
March 12th, 2008
Mike Slichenmyer says:
"Michael's become an amazing portrait photographer, with tons of creativity and talent. I eagerly anticipate each new subject/ upload, and always admire how he's progressed and obviously become much more confident behind the camera."
January 9th, 2008
Ad Altiora Natus says:
"I have so much respect for your work. They way you use our city as a backdrop is so encouraging. Keep making this art!"
December 19th, 2007
"Michaelnyc is one of my favorite flickr photographers. Technically he is top notch - use of light, clarity of photos, angles used, composition, and so forth. The subjects of his photos are most interesting and photographable - they aren't the cookie-cutter models that start to look the same after a while. Even Michaelnyc's backgrounds are exceptional - nyc backstreets and Central Park are two examplesof his nyc backdrops that complement the models. Michaelnyc must have a very good rapport with his models as he brings out something special in each one of them."
October 20th, 2007
"In my opinion he is one of the best portrait photographers.
An example of Photography becoming ART."
October 8th, 2007
"You are VERY good! Love your pics! Keep up the GREAT work!"
August 22nd, 2007
- January 2007
- Pratt, KS
- New York, NY, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer / Journalist
- Michael Huitt Photography