Former journalist pursuing his passion for photography.
Working with up-and-coming models and actors in New York City that are building their portfolios.
Always open to constructive criticism in order to learn more about photography.
- Project Weather 602,672 photos, 87,393 members
- Sunrise On The Road - Sunset In The Street 874 photos, 85 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 374,968 photos, 16,913 members
- EYES °° GUYS - faces of men 3,283 photos, 543 members
- Men...every one different. 73,852 photos, 5,988 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 76,772 photos, 3,171 members
- NIKON D7000 CAFE 518,097 photos, 14,351 members
- NIKON D7000 CLUB 663,754 photos, 27,119 members
- TogChat 1,874 photos, 311 members
- SaberStrip Lighting 604 photos, 346 members
- Rocky Mountain School of Photography 668 photos, 197 members
- Nikon D300 Users 559,735 photos, 17,287 members
- "Exemplary Shots - Flickr's BEST! (Post 1 Award 3)" 848,915 photos, 26,041 members
- Nikon D300 HDR 30,085 photos, 1,704 members
- Hipstamatic 317,620 photos, 16,766 members
- iPhone 4 Wallpapers 640x960 631 photos, 137 members
- iPhone 4 Photography 98,514 photos, 2,937 members
- Hipstamatic Pistil Film 3,154 photos, 275 members
- SLICK PORTRAITS 3,917 photos, 340 members
- Spectacular Elite (People Portraits) 15,975 photos, 1,809 members
- -The Cafe- 856,288 photos, 25,341 members
- NOH8 Campaign 16,384 photos, 1,401 members
- Flickrista 81,371 photos, 3,381 members
- FACE ON flickr (men & women) 14,474 photos, 959 members
- Night Street Photography 32,713 photos, 4,237 members
- Male Models! 25,024 photos, 1,898 members
- Panorama Maker 7,433 photos, 1,282 members
- Best of ★ Men Pool (BMP) 11,800 photos, 2,427 members
- iPhone Photography 190,112 photos, 4,165 members
- Classy Portraits 23,083 photos, 2,890 members
- HDR from a single RAW 82,694 photos, 9,402 members
- My First HDR - beginners group 162,924 photos, 29,233 members
- Abercrombie and Fitch 4,094 photos, 1,328 members
- Male Photographic Business 700 photos, 131 members
- Guy Faces 8,241 photos, 1,121 members
- Faces and faces - H.I.G.H.Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y. 244,449 photos, 12,925 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 364,331 photos, 23,017 members
- Actors Headshot photography! 4,346 photos, 772 members
- MALE MODELS (Editorials) 7,234 photos, 763 members
- FASHION EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Critique) 259,548 photos, 22,313 members
- Elegant 1,277 photos, 881 members
- GUYS in jeans 3,352 photos, 1,457 members
- New York Nightscapes 107 photos, 15 members
- Adobe Lightroom 29,363 photos, 24,825 members
- Photomerge 3,271 photos, 411 members
- NYC Photobloggers 89,361 photos, 1,942 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,318 photos, 6,611 members
- Portrait Award (Invited only) 46,993 photos, 20,460 members
- Great Wall Of Faces 2,881 photos, 1,163 members
- Portraiture Photography 1,333,123 photos, 57,055 members
"Wow, i've never seen before so many great photos. Thanx!"
October 5th, 2008
"Michael's photographs inspire. His photos seem more like fine paintings: technically beautiful, nicely detailed, but more important, they are soulful."
September 19th, 2010
your stream is amazing.
would you ever photograph women and b&w's?"
March 3rd, 2011
Armagan Orki says:
"Dear Michael; I love your model photos... Really, your models are very lucky because they have a great photographer who are you... :)
One day, I hope I want to watch you, when you work...
August 17th, 2008
""one of the best
a great artist with amazing ideas , I like the way he challenge himself to get the best shots and show us a great work of art
keep up the good work""
April 17th, 2008
"Mi querido Michael, me pongo de pie y me quito el sombrero por este sensacional, bello, elegante y muy buen trabajo que nos presentas, felicidades, se aprende mucho de tu trabajo.
Un abrazo desde México."
March 31st, 2008
Foto-X™ (censored now) says:
"Michael's photo sets have a rare characteristic: they can be viewed again and again without losing their freshness and allure. There always seem to be new details to delight one's eyes and imagination, and I've visited no other site whose galleries achieve this as frequently. The prettiness of the boys and the technical quality of the photography aren't sufficient explanations since there are cute boys everywhere and, no doubt, a good photographer a-plenty ready to take on this kind of work. Rather, it's a melding of artistic skill (composition, choice of locale, color, props, etc.), imagination, and remarkable derring-do in producing photo sets of striking originality and beauty. Even among the pure studio sessions (featureless backdrop, one boy, one prop), Michael's set holds all these qualities."
March 12th, 2008
Mike Slichenmyer says:
"Michael's become an amazing portrait photographer, with tons of creativity and talent. I eagerly anticipate each new subject/ upload, and always admire how he's progressed and obviously become much more confident behind the camera."
January 9th, 2008
Ad Altiora Natus says:
"I have so much respect for your work. They way you use our city as a backdrop is so encouraging. Keep making this art!"
December 19th, 2007
"Michaelnyc is one of my favorite flickr photographers. Technically he is top notch - use of light, clarity of photos, angles used, composition, and so forth. The subjects of his photos are most interesting and photographable - they aren't the cookie-cutter models that start to look the same after a while. Even Michaelnyc's backgrounds are exceptional - nyc backstreets and Central Park are two examplesof his nyc backdrops that complement the models. Michaelnyc must have a very good rapport with his models as he brings out something special in each one of them."
October 20th, 2007
"In my opinion he is one of the best portrait photographers.
An example of Photography becoming ART."
October 8th, 2007
"You are VERY good! Love your pics! Keep up the GREAT work!"
August 22nd, 2007
- January 2007
- Pratt, KS
- New York, NY, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer / Journalist
- Michael Huitt Photography