Former journalist pursuing his passion for photography.
Working with up-and-coming models and actors in New York City that are building their portfolios.
Always open to constructive criticism in order to learn more about photography.
- Project Weather 641,670 photos, 94,047 members
- Sunrise On The Road - Sunset In The Street 984 photos, 93 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 406,616 photos, 17,284 members
- EYES °° GUYS - men's faces 3,691 photos, 594 members
- Men...every one different. 78,775 photos, 6,452 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 98,106 photos, 3,401 members
- NIKON D7000 CAFE 598,388 photos, 15,129 members
- NIKON D7000 CLUB 748,424 photos, 28,084 members
- TogChat 1,854 photos, 304 members
- SaberStrip Lighting 616 photos, 347 members
- Rocky Mountain School of Photography 673 photos, 200 members
- Nikon D300 Users 575,243 photos, 17,440 members
- "Exemplary Shots - Flickr's BEST! (Post 1 Award 3)" 957,135 photos, 27,268 members
- Nikon D300 HDR 31,097 photos, 1,686 members
- Hipstamatic 325,206 photos, 16,712 members
- iPhone 4 Wallpapers 640x960 626 photos, 128 members
- iPhone 4 Photography 98,398 photos, 2,926 members
- Hipstamatic Pistil Film 3,055 photos, 268 members
- SLICK PORTRAITS 4,742 photos, 349 members
- Spectacular Elite (People Portraits) 17,072 photos, 1,839 members
- -The Cafe- 1,029,662 photos, 26,355 members
- NOH8 Campaign 16,365 photos, 1,395 members
- Flickrista 98,619 photos, 3,609 members
- FACE ON flickr (men & women) 19,466 photos, 1,023 members
- Night Street Photography 31,428 photos, 5,309 members
- Male Models! 28,670 photos, 2,065 members
- Panorama Maker 15,778 photos, 1,873 members
- Best of ★ Men Pool (BMP) 13,239 photos, 2,908 members
- iPhone Photography 206,876 photos, 4,461 members
- Classy Portraits 26,424 photos, 2,914 members
- HDR from a single RAW 92,475 photos, 9,460 members
- My First HDR - beginners group 172,050 photos, 29,210 members
- Abercrombie and Fitch 4,081 photos, 1,325 members
- Male Photographic Business 695 photos, 127 members
- Guy Faces 7,667 photos, 1,146 members
- Faces and faces - H.I.G.H.Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y. 289,642 photos, 13,781 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 390,902 photos, 22,693 members
- Actors Headshot photography! 4,822 photos, 816 members
- MALE MODELS (Editorials) 8,260 photos, 786 members
- FASHION EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Critique) 283,604 photos, 23,182 members
- Elegant 1,625 photos, 880 members
- GUYS in jeans 3,904 photos, 1,517 members
- New York Nightscapes 141 photos, 23 members
- Adobe Lightroom 40,327 photos, 26,113 members
- Photomerge 3,945 photos, 436 members
- NYC Photobloggers 92,920 photos, 2,017 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,213 photos, 6,564 members
- Portrait Award (Invited only) 46,532 photos, 20,522 members
- Great Wall Of Faces 3,193 photos, 1,159 members
- Portraiture Photography 1,675,810 photos, 71,596 members
"Wow, i've never seen before so many great photos. Thanx!"
October 5th, 2008
"Michael's photographs inspire. His photos seem more like fine paintings: technically beautiful, nicely detailed, but more important, they are soulful."
September 19th, 2010
your stream is amazing.
would you ever photograph women and b&w's?"
March 3rd, 2011
Armagan Orki says:
"Dear Michael; I love your model photos... Really, your models are very lucky because they have a great photographer who are you... :)
One day, I hope I want to watch you, when you work...
August 17th, 2008
""one of the best
a great artist with amazing ideas , I like the way he challenge himself to get the best shots and show us a great work of art
keep up the good work""
April 17th, 2008
"Mi querido Michael, me pongo de pie y me quito el sombrero por este sensacional, bello, elegante y muy buen trabajo que nos presentas, felicidades, se aprende mucho de tu trabajo.
Un abrazo desde México."
March 31st, 2008
Foto-X™ (censored now) says:
"Michael's photo sets have a rare characteristic: they can be viewed again and again without losing their freshness and allure. There always seem to be new details to delight one's eyes and imagination, and I've visited no other site whose galleries achieve this as frequently. The prettiness of the boys and the technical quality of the photography aren't sufficient explanations since there are cute boys everywhere and, no doubt, a good photographer a-plenty ready to take on this kind of work. Rather, it's a melding of artistic skill (composition, choice of locale, color, props, etc.), imagination, and remarkable derring-do in producing photo sets of striking originality and beauty. Even among the pure studio sessions (featureless backdrop, one boy, one prop), Michael's set holds all these qualities."
March 12th, 2008
Mike Slichenmyer says:
"Michael's become an amazing portrait photographer, with tons of creativity and talent. I eagerly anticipate each new subject/ upload, and always admire how he's progressed and obviously become much more confident behind the camera."
January 9th, 2008
Ad Altiora Natus says:
"I have so much respect for your work. They way you use our city as a backdrop is so encouraging. Keep making this art!"
December 19th, 2007
"Michaelnyc is one of my favorite flickr photographers. Technically he is top notch - use of light, clarity of photos, angles used, composition, and so forth. The subjects of his photos are most interesting and photographable - they aren't the cookie-cutter models that start to look the same after a while. Even Michaelnyc's backgrounds are exceptional - nyc backstreets and Central Park are two examplesof his nyc backdrops that complement the models. Michaelnyc must have a very good rapport with his models as he brings out something special in each one of them."
October 20th, 2007
"In my opinion he is one of the best portrait photographers.
An example of Photography becoming ART."
October 8th, 2007
"You are VERY good! Love your pics! Keep up the GREAT work!"
August 22nd, 2007
- January 2007
- Pratt, KS
- New York, NY, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer / Journalist
- Michael Huitt Photography