A big thanks to all those who continue to follow me and my Souvenirs. First the bad news: I have given up on my Web 2.0 idea of selling downloads for €1, there was not enough interest and I think it devalues my work. So I am in the process of going up-market, a new shop on www.hughes-photography.eu will sell selected prints in three sizes on Dibond. If you just want a print to mount yourself, drop me a line and I will arrange it. A second website www.souvenirs.photos will have a shop which sells exclusively Souvenir prints alos in three sizes and on Dibond. Yet another site, www.monochrome.photos will be dedicated to my black and white street photography from the eighties and nineties based in Kreuzberg SO 36 in Berlin. Also there will be a shop for, you guessed it - black and white prints.
Last but not least www.hughes.berlin will be showing new directions in my work.
This is my way of trying to live from photography in a different way, as the magazine work has become less and less remunerative and publishers impose contracts which mean that my rights are signed away.
There are signs that my work is becoming collectable and so this may well be your chance to get in at the start with signed prints in restricted editions.
Help me to a cosseted old age!
- Your view through the camera lens 70,816 photos, 1,013 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 612,042 photos, 42,474 members
- Toy Cameras 298,383 photos, 25,932 members
- Photography As A Passion 14,047 photos, 128 members
-  MAESTRI della luce e del colore  111,832 photos, 3,824 members
- Looking Into the Past 3,074 photos, 4,201 members
- Libro de Fotos / Photo Book 571,752 photos, 8,625 members
- LANDSCAPES FROM THE WORLD - P1/C3 24,263 photos, 1,977 members
-  Modern Times  168,136 photos, 3,722 members
- Color What?! 658 photos, 77 members
- SARDEGNA chiama SICILIA e viceversa. 86,616 photos, 2,375 members
- *Inspirational Travel Photos 766,963 photos, 13,405 members
- artland 1,044,408 photos, 41,080 members
- Naff souvenirs 4 photos, 9 members
- 25 Perspectives, Perceptions, Photos! 1,315 photos, 228 members
- Women's Football World Cup Germany 2011 641 photos, 82 members
- The Best Shots Only (P1 - C1) 37,086 photos, 1,042 members
- Art Climbers 13,299 photos, 1,670 members
- Plaubel Makina 67 8,690 photos, 959 members
- Mamiya 7 and 7II 40,552 photos, 3,226 members
- Good Money for Good Pictures 7 photos, 50 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,301 members
- The Printed Reality 607 photos, 100 members
- Collectibles vs Digital! 20,234 photos, 3,965 members
- FINE ART GALLERY( Invited Only ) P 1 C1 79,092 photos, 4,382 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,261,609 photos, 59,876 members
- **THE BEST VISIONS** ( Post 01, Award 03 ) 245,752 photos, 8,962 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a3) 599,394 photos, 46,858 members
- from flickr to a book 468 photos, 69 members
- Texas -The Lone Star State - Tejas - TX - All The Great Views 97,159 photos, 2,821 members
- Share Your Best With The World 134,240 photos, 5,002 members
- tree lined main streets 39 photos, 31 members
- A World Gone Mad? 3,511 photos, 233 members
- Royal de Luxe Central 17,353 photos, 1,437 members
- IndieInk Artists 676 photos, 94 members
- TATE ETC. 2,723 photos, 181 members
- flickr one million club (GROUP NOW CLOSED) 109 photos, 78 members
- -The Cafe- 1,029,663 photos, 26,354 members
- Flickr Social Club 1,479,075 photos, 37,896 members
- stolen burnt out 476 photos, 72 members
- Flickr United (Award 3) 753,300 photos, 21,435 members
- ONLY SC 9,523 photos, 303 members
- Groupless 543 photos, 82 members
- Crank Up Dat Scanner! 321 photos, 78 members
- Camel Collections - for fans of this humped animal 969 photos, 321 members
- Hinterland Festival 32 photos, 15 members
- Centro America/Central America 41,154 photos, 1,493 members
- _ Haptic Vision | Tangible Images _ 173 photos, 119 members
- jetpac magazine 6,172 photos, 234 members
- The Cruel Sea 2,159 photos, 243 members
Vincent Wen 一百年的孤寂 says:
"Great! Very Special!
October 20th, 2008
Lola Moonflower says:
"My girlfriend sent me your page, I was fascinated by all the places you had gone to get the exact shot and it looked like you were having a lot of fun too!! Your pics are awesome, TY for taking us along for the sightseeing tour,Lola;~}}"
June 6th, 2009
"Thanks for the add. I checked out some of your images and I like your style. Keep up the good work!"
April 26th, 2011
"come in my page and look the picture it's for you :) sorry for my english :)"
September 22nd, 2011
February 19th, 2013
October 8th, 2008
"Sei un grande!!!!! Mauro"
October 7th, 2008
"cheers for the add. i love the photo's with the objects filling in the scene, v. original"
June 24th, 2008
"This is why I love flickr so much. People like this, with the photos like these make flickr such an amazing place."
April 17th, 2008
"Wow, what an impressive collection of photos. Thanks for sharing Michael. Really impressive."
December 11th, 2007
"Llegué a las fotografías de Michael a través de mi novio... que vio un link en algún lugar del cyberespacio y me lo reenvió. Llegar aquí fue un oasis en medio de tanta mediocridad digital. Sus retratos son maravillosos. Se nota que hay alma en ellos. Y realmente es un placer para mí visitar este flickr. Cuando veo las fotografías de Michael siento que no todo está perdido. Y que hay alguien que aún puede hacer grandes retratos: personales, bellos, inquietantes...
January 14th, 2007
"Michael takes very great photos - i love especially his pictures from holidays with the nice sculptures, souvenirs. They are very funny!"
November 21st, 2006
Thank you very much for making me your new friend and liking my pictures on flickr.Iam very glad for that. Now, we will be friends forever.
please mail me at email@example.com""
November 23rd, 2006
Sam Scholes says:
"Audre Lorde famously wrote, "There are no new ideas. There are only new ways of making them felt." Souvenirs are nothing new. We have all seen them, collected them or perhaps received one as a gift. For as long as people have traveled the world they have wanted to take something back to their homes -- a small memento to remember their travels. Michael's work is praiseworthy for its ingenuity. His imaginative series of souvenir photographs from throughout the world is wonderful. He also takes nice photographs of other things to boot."
November 20th, 2006
- michael hughes
- May 2005
- berlin, germany
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- michael hughes' photography