A big thanks to all those who continue to follow me and my Souvenirs. First the bad news: I have given up on my Web 2.0 idea of selling downloads for €1, there was not enough interest and I think it devalues my work. So I am in the process of going up-market, a new shop on www.hughes-photography.eu will sell selected prints in three sizes on Dibond. If you just want a print to mount yourself, drop me a line and I will arrange it. A second website www.souvenirs.photos will have a shop which sells exclusively Souvenir prints alos in three sizes and on Dibond. Yet another site, www.monochrome.photos will be dedicated to my black and white street photography from the eighties and nineties based in Kreuzberg SO 36 in Berlin. Also there will be a shop for, you guessed it - black and white prints.
Last but not least www.hughes.berlin will be showing new directions in my work.
This is my way of trying to live from photography in a different way, as the magazine work has become less and less remunerative and publishers impose contracts which mean that my rights are signed away.
There are signs that my work is becoming collectable and so this may well be your chance to get in at the start with signed prints in restricted editions.
Help me to a cosseted old age!
- Toy Cameras 296,807 photos, 24,032 members
- Photography As A Passion 6,671 photos, 104 members
-  MAESTRI della luce e del colore  P1/A3 44,927 photos, 1,692 members
- Looking Into the Past 2,994 photos, 4,195 members
- Libro de Fotos / Photo Book 282,310 photos, 7,408 members
- LANDSCAPES FROM THE WORLD - P1/C3 14,435 photos, 1,615 members
-  Modern Times  89,628 photos, 3,382 members
- Color What?! 389 photos, 75 members
- SARDEGNA chiama SICILIA e viceversa. 61,206 photos, 2,289 members
- *Inspirational Travel Photos 450,650 photos, 9,680 members
- artland 728,714 photos, 34,886 members
- Naff souvenirs 4 photos, 11 members
- 25 Perspectives, Perceptions, Photos! 1,335 photos, 232 members
- Women's Football World Cup Germany 2011 631 photos, 78 members
- The Best Shots Only (P1 - C1) 32,503 photos, 1,018 members
- Art Climbers 10,446 photos, 1,366 members
- Plaubel Makina 67 7,102 photos, 732 members
- Mamiya 7 and 7II 34,160 photos, 2,807 members
- Good Money for Good Pictures 8 photos, 52 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,375 members
- The Printed Reality 485 photos, 94 members
- Collectibles vs Digital! 19,398 photos, 4,021 members
- FINE ART GALLERY( Invited Only ) P 1 C 3 SWEEPER ACTIVE 72,964 photos, 4,131 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,013,604 photos, 55,841 members
- **THE BEST VISIONS** ( Post 01, Award 03 ) 201,078 photos, 8,179 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 532,737 photos, 45,853 members
- from flickr to a book 561 photos, 67 members
- Texas -The Lone Star State - Tejas - TX - All The Great Views 83,271 photos, 2,558 members
- Share Your Best With The World 122,758 photos, 5,015 members
- tree lined main streets 34 photos, 25 members
- A World Gone Mad? 2,593 photos, 237 members
- Royal de Luxe Central 16,680 photos, 1,445 members
- IndieInk Artists 675 photos, 95 members
- TATE ETC. 1,959 photos, 164 members
- flickr one million club (GROUP NOW CLOSED) 114 photos, 83 members
- -The Cafe- 782,085 photos, 24,808 members
- Flickr Social Club 1,030,273 photos, 34,112 members
- stolen burnt out 414 photos, 65 members
- Flickr United (Award 3) 543,461 photos, 18,900 members
- ONLY SC 6,552 photos, 243 members
- Groupless 535 photos, 81 members
- Crank Up Dat Scanner! 322 photos, 82 members
- Camel Collections - for fans of this humped animal 947 photos, 311 members
- Hinterland Festival 32 photos, 16 members
- Centro America/Central America 38,128 photos, 1,404 members
- _ Haptic Vision | Tangible Images _ 167 photos, 117 members
- jetpac magazine 6,526 photos, 247 members
- The Cruel Sea 1,792 photos, 199 members
- Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- 'Clash' 120,740 photos, 15,109 members
- New York, Paris, [Tablat], London, Tokyo: Time-Zoned Clock Rows 188 photos, 244 members
Vincent Wen 一百年的孤寂 says:
"Great! Very Special!
October 20th, 2008
Lola Moonflower says:
"My girlfriend sent me your page, I was fascinated by all the places you had gone to get the exact shot and it looked like you were having a lot of fun too!! Your pics are awesome, TY for taking us along for the sightseeing tour,Lola;~}}"
June 6th, 2009
"Thanks for the add. I checked out some of your images and I like your style. Keep up the good work!"
April 26th, 2011
"come in my page and look the picture it's for you :) sorry for my english :)"
September 22nd, 2011
February 19th, 2013
October 8th, 2008
"Sei un grande!!!!! Mauro"
October 7th, 2008
"cheers for the add. i love the photo's with the objects filling in the scene, v. original"
June 24th, 2008
"This is why I love flickr so much. People like this, with the photos like these make flickr such an amazing place."
April 17th, 2008
"Wow, what an impressive collection of photos. Thanks for sharing Michael. Really impressive."
December 11th, 2007
"Llegué a las fotografías de Michael a través de mi novio... que vio un link en algún lugar del cyberespacio y me lo reenvió. Llegar aquí fue un oasis en medio de tanta mediocridad digital. Sus retratos son maravillosos. Se nota que hay alma en ellos. Y realmente es un placer para mí visitar este flickr. Cuando veo las fotografías de Michael siento que no todo está perdido. Y que hay alguien que aún puede hacer grandes retratos: personales, bellos, inquietantes...
January 14th, 2007
"Michael takes very great photos - i love especially his pictures from holidays with the nice sculptures, souvenirs. They are very funny!"
November 21st, 2006
Thank you very much for making me your new friend and liking my pictures on flickr.Iam very glad for that. Now, we will be friends forever.
please mail me at email@example.com""
November 23rd, 2006
Sam Scholes says:
"Audre Lorde famously wrote, "There are no new ideas. There are only new ways of making them felt." Souvenirs are nothing new. We have all seen them, collected them or perhaps received one as a gift. For as long as people have traveled the world they have wanted to take something back to their homes -- a small memento to remember their travels. Michael's work is praiseworthy for its ingenuity. His imaginative series of souvenir photographs from throughout the world is wonderful. He also takes nice photographs of other things to boot."
November 20th, 2006
- michael hughes
- May 2005
- berlin, germany
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- michael hughes' photography