A big thanks to all those who continue to follow me and my Souvenirs. First the bad news: I have given up on my Web 2.0 idea of selling downloads for €1, there was not enough interest and I think it devalues my work. So I am in the process of going up-market, a new shop on www.hughes-photography.eu will sell selected prints in three sizes on Dibond. If you just want a print to mount yourself, drop me a line and I will arrange it. A second website www.souvenirs.photos will have a shop which sells exclusively Souvenir prints alos in three sizes and on Dibond. Yet another site, www.monochrome.photos will be dedicated to my black and white street photography from the eighties and nineties based in Kreuzberg SO 36 in Berlin. Also there will be a shop for, you guessed it - black and white prints.
Last but not least www.hughes.berlin will be showing new directions in my work.
This is my way of trying to live from photography in a different way, as the magazine work has become less and less remunerative and publishers impose contracts which mean that my rights are signed away.
There are signs that my work is becoming collectable and so this may well be your chance to get in at the start with signed prints in restricted editions.
Help me to a cosseted old age!
- Toy Cameras 297,153 photos, 24,309 members
- Photography As A Passion 7,770 photos, 111 members
-  MAESTRI della luce e del colore  P1/A3 48,943 photos, 1,718 members
- Looking Into the Past 2,988 photos, 4,197 members
- Libro de Fotos / Photo Book 312,670 photos, 7,600 members
- LANDSCAPES FROM THE WORLD - P1/C3 15,479 photos, 1,647 members
-  Modern Times  97,909 photos, 3,447 members
- Color What?! 390 photos, 79 members
- SARDEGNA chiama SICILIA e viceversa. 62,627 photos, 2,303 members
- *Inspirational Travel Photos 475,239 photos, 10,046 members
- artland 754,906 photos, 35,489 members
- Naff souvenirs 4 photos, 11 members
- 25 Perspectives, Perceptions, Photos! 1,334 photos, 232 members
- Women's Football World Cup Germany 2011 633 photos, 79 members
- The Best Shots Only (P1 - C1) 32,694 photos, 1,019 members
- Art Climbers 10,674 photos, 1,402 members
- Plaubel Makina 67 7,192 photos, 756 members
- Mamiya 7 and 7II 34,880 photos, 2,837 members
- Good Money for Good Pictures 7 photos, 52 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,367 members
- The Printed Reality 500 photos, 97 members
- Collectibles vs Digital! 19,369 photos, 4,014 members
- FINE ART GALLERY( Invited Only ) P 1 C 3 SWEEPER ACTIVE 73,884 photos, 4,175 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,035,618 photos, 56,291 members
- **THE BEST VISIONS** ( Post 01, Award 03 ) 204,531 photos, 8,242 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 539,637 photos, 46,000 members
- from flickr to a book 560 photos, 68 members
- Texas -The Lone Star State - Tejas - TX - All The Great Views 85,074 photos, 2,588 members
- Share Your Best With The World 122,546 photos, 5,014 members
- tree lined main streets 34 photos, 25 members
- A World Gone Mad? 2,699 photos, 236 members
- Royal de Luxe Central 16,716 photos, 1,444 members
- IndieInk Artists 675 photos, 94 members
- TATE ETC. 2,082 photos, 170 members
- flickr one million club (GROUP NOW CLOSED) 114 photos, 80 members
- -The Cafe- 808,103 photos, 25,020 members
- Flickr Social Club 1,073,180 photos, 34,551 members
- stolen burnt out 413 photos, 66 members
- Flickr United (Award 3) 559,192 photos, 19,198 members
- ONLY SC 6,709 photos, 253 members
- Groupless 534 photos, 81 members
- Crank Up Dat Scanner! 322 photos, 82 members
- Camel Collections - for fans of this humped animal 949 photos, 311 members
- Hinterland Festival 32 photos, 16 members
- Centro America/Central America 38,510 photos, 1,414 members
- _ Haptic Vision | Tangible Images _ 165 photos, 118 members
- jetpac magazine 6,547 photos, 245 members
- The Cruel Sea 1,770 photos, 202 members
- Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- 'Hide' 123,442 photos, 15,202 members
- New York, Paris, [Tablat], London, Tokyo: Time-Zoned Clock Rows 188 photos, 245 members
Vincent Wen 一百年的孤寂 says:
"Great! Very Special!
October 20th, 2008
Lola Moonflower says:
"My girlfriend sent me your page, I was fascinated by all the places you had gone to get the exact shot and it looked like you were having a lot of fun too!! Your pics are awesome, TY for taking us along for the sightseeing tour,Lola;~}}"
June 6th, 2009
"Thanks for the add. I checked out some of your images and I like your style. Keep up the good work!"
April 26th, 2011
"come in my page and look the picture it's for you :) sorry for my english :)"
September 22nd, 2011
February 19th, 2013
October 8th, 2008
"Sei un grande!!!!! Mauro"
October 7th, 2008
"cheers for the add. i love the photo's with the objects filling in the scene, v. original"
June 24th, 2008
"This is why I love flickr so much. People like this, with the photos like these make flickr such an amazing place."
April 17th, 2008
"Wow, what an impressive collection of photos. Thanks for sharing Michael. Really impressive."
December 11th, 2007
"Llegué a las fotografías de Michael a través de mi novio... que vio un link en algún lugar del cyberespacio y me lo reenvió. Llegar aquí fue un oasis en medio de tanta mediocridad digital. Sus retratos son maravillosos. Se nota que hay alma en ellos. Y realmente es un placer para mí visitar este flickr. Cuando veo las fotografías de Michael siento que no todo está perdido. Y que hay alguien que aún puede hacer grandes retratos: personales, bellos, inquietantes...
January 14th, 2007
"Michael takes very great photos - i love especially his pictures from holidays with the nice sculptures, souvenirs. They are very funny!"
November 21st, 2006
Thank you very much for making me your new friend and liking my pictures on flickr.Iam very glad for that. Now, we will be friends forever.
please mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org""
November 23rd, 2006
Sam Scholes says:
"Audre Lorde famously wrote, "There are no new ideas. There are only new ways of making them felt." Souvenirs are nothing new. We have all seen them, collected them or perhaps received one as a gift. For as long as people have traveled the world they have wanted to take something back to their homes -- a small memento to remember their travels. Michael's work is praiseworthy for its ingenuity. His imaginative series of souvenir photographs from throughout the world is wonderful. He also takes nice photographs of other things to boot."
November 20th, 2006
- michael hughes
- May 2005
- berlin, germany
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- michael hughes' photography