Japanese citizen of British descent living in southern Tokyo. Not a professional photographer by any means, but would like to generally improve the quality of the pictures I take so all constructive criticism is welcomed.
Canon EOS 5D Mark ii
580 EX ii Speedlite
Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2
EF 15mm f/2.8 fisheye
EF 28mm f/1.8 USM
EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
EF 135mm f/2.8 (with Softfocus)
EF 24-105mm f/4L USM
EF 135mm f/2L USM
TS-E 45mm f/2.8 Tilt-Shift
Use of Images
Except where marked otherwise, all images are published under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial licence. This means you may freely link to, modify, print, distribute or publish images without additional permission, providing the following conditions are met:
1) Each image be clearly attributed to the copyright holder (see below).
2) Each image published online (except as a PDF/scanned version of a printed publication) provide a direct link back to either the page the image was originally hosted on, or to this profile page.
3) Use of the image be non-commercial in nature (see below).
For commercial use, a non-exclusive licensing fee of ¥40,000 JPY per image per instance will be charged, but I will happily negotiate a much lower rate if you contact me first. Commercial usage includes free papers that are funded by advertising and websites supporting banner ads. Images are provided "as is", and model releases cannot be provided in most circumstances. It is the sole responsibility of the publisher to ensure that images published are not in violation of any applicable laws.
Note that the use of images on personal websites that contain non-intrusive advertising (such as text based Google Ads) or provider enforced advertising that brings no revenue to the user will generally be exempt from licensing fees providing the website predominantly hosts the user's original editorial or other artistic content, and that conditions (1) and (2) stipulated above are met. If in doubt, please ask.
Images should be attributed to either "Coal Miki", "Kaoru Miki" or "神酒 九龍". In the case of modified images, including by cropping, colour adjustments etc., the attribution should be prefixed by the wording "Image source" or appropriate localised variation thereof.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR UK RESIDENTS
As of March 16th, 2010, my images may not be used in the United Kingdom without my direct permission under any circumstances until further notice. Here's why.
- Kodak T-Max 400 4,400 photos, 538 members
- Canon EOS M & M2 Series - Mirrorless 17,045 photos, 1,807 members
- Casio Exilim EX-FC100 418 photos, 78 members
- Boing Boing 88,608 photos, 4,921 members
- WA: the taste of traditional Japan 14,327 photos, 725 members
- Men's Kimono 587 photos, 104 members
- Sweet Dogs 10,182 photos, 905 members
- Japanorama.co.uk 18,705 photos, 533 members
- JAPAN [directory] 日本 677,115 photos, 15,186 members
- Photofocus 58,708 photos, 7,238 members
- osechi 65 photos, 20 members
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM 43,213 photos, 4,574 members
- Butoh 825 photos, 185 members
- Prime Shots 4,058 photos, 187 members
- Left Eyed Photographers 91 photos, 11 members
- Strobist.com 588,325 photos, 117,628 members
- Flickr Tokyo Photo Session 2,391 photos, 614 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series Users in Japan 6,332 photos, 207 members
- Japan - premier collection 174 photos, 29 members
- Pinkberry Groupies 77 photos, 81 members
- Do you want to play with me? 19 photos, 214 members
- Tokyo Cameras 4,249 photos, 171 members
- Tokyo Lighting 265 photos, 52 members
- Tilt Shift 27,662 photos, 4,263 members
- Timescapes: DSLR Timelapse 1,728 photos, 593 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,851 members
- *****City Night Lights***** - - Luces de la ciudad nocturna - - 60,580 photos, 5,955 members
- Building Visual Literacy 442 photos, 135 members
- Drunk in Japan 87 photos, 39 members
- Flickr Can Has Cheezburger 3,185 photos, 2,024 members
- lolcats, cat macros 1,482 photos, 773 members
- Bad translations -- mauvaises traductions -- brutte traduzioni 4,548 photos, 788 members
- Canon EF 50mm f1.4 16,812 photos, 1,211 members
- Canon Ugly Duckling EF Lenses 1,702 photos, 221 members
- Creative Commons (pls read the rules) 56,892 photos, 2,414 members
- Cult of Mac 26,682 photos, 5,446 members
- Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM 19,389 photos, 2,291 members
- Canon EF & EF-S: Official Tag Required 59,369 photos, 2,799 members
- Light and Color 18,051 photos, 677 members
- salaryman vs. obasan 177 photos, 95 members
- Prints of Darkness 20,259 photos, 6,896 members
- Canon EF-100mm f/2.8 Macro USM 29,858 photos, 1,950 members
- Canon EF 100 f/2.8 USM Macro Group 21,967 photos, 1,762 members
- Halloween in Japan 2010 461 photos, 114 members
- Festival! 69,925 photos, 4,200 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 633,610 photos, 23,892 members
- Asian Female Self Portraits 7,684 photos, 1,422 members
- Tokyo Street Photography 47,040 photos, 1,140 members
- Awa Odori / 阿波踊り 416 photos, 68 members
- Lifestyle / 生活 253,179 photos, 4,845 members
"roses are red,
violets are blue,
coal is a great photographer,
and it's not because of his mark ll :o)"
24th December, 2008
"Coal or Miki San as he's known in some circles,
is one of my favourite photographers on flickr.(I don't comment near enough because ..well. I'm a lazy bugger) but I regularly keep up to date with his work.
His unique perspective on Japanese people and culture are simply wonderful, as are the unique treatments he applies to his digital photography.
A real gentleman who is always willing to help with camera related matters when he has time. And more than willing to down a few Ales even when he doesn't ;-P
His unique style combined with his dry British wit make his photostream an entertaining, daily must see.
7th September, 2008
- December 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Libation Kowloon