The Mount Holyoke College Art Museum is one of the oldest teaching museums in the country. Its founding in 1876 was marked by the gift of Albert Bierstadt's majestic painting Hetch Hetchy Canyon. Since then, the collections have grown to approximately 15,000 objects ranging from antiquity to the present.
Dedicated to providing firsthand experience with works of significant aesthetic and cultural value, the Museum develops exhibitions and programs that aim to provide aesthetic enjoyment, stimulate inquisitive looking, and encourage understanding of the artistic achievements represented by a diversity of cultures.
- Mount Holyoke College 60 photos, 23 members
- Smith College 935 photos, 147 members
- Smithsonian American Art Museum and the Renwick Gallery 1,635 photos, 301 members
- Walters Art Museum 2,582 photos, 142 members
- MoMA The Museum of Modern Art (Official) 6,234 photos, 2,590 members
mhcartmuseum doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Laura Weston
- May 2009
- I am: