" I am a sick man. ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. " notes from underground - F. M. Dostoyevski.
- The best photographs from around the world 335,388 photos, 16,061 members
- Another Street 959 photos, 1,353 members
- CLAVE BLACK 11,390 photos, 2,880 members
- Skancheli (BlackandWhite Only) 90,518 photos, 8,134 members
- !BW Elite 8,729 photos, 2,148 members
- Summary Street Photography 162 photos, 69 members
- Fujifilm X-E2 23,279 photos, 2,409 members
- Noir & Blanc (tag: "noiretblanc") 255,005 photos, 9,411 members
- Street Photography Worldwide 164,741 photos, 3,379 members
- Streetlife Inspiration 56,193 photos, 1,587 members
- B&W: Dark Side Of The City / N&B: Le Cote Obscur De La Ville 43,472 photos, 1,588 members
- Candid Street Photography Group 738,698 photos, 31,224 members
- Hardcore Street Photography en Français (HCSP-Fr) 31,406 photos, 2,851 members
- World Street Photography! Full Color and Monochrome. 289,503 photos, 5,269 members
- Street Photography — UK 97,113 photos, 6,093 members
- Street Photography Magazine 615,357 photos, 22,968 members
- FUJIFILM X Street Photography 204,324 photos, 6,468 members
- Fuji X Black and White 131,776 photos, 3,228 members
- Fujifilm X Passion 21,790 photos, 404 members
- Fuji X 265,426 photos, 6,935 members
- Univerzita Palackého Arts Scene 4,877 photos, 186 members
- come on, show me your best b&w artwork! 22,311 photos, 572 members
- SONY A7II (ILCE-7M2) 90,010 photos, 2,475 members
- Baker Street Photographer 416 photos, 344 members
- Sony a7 Black and White 17,680 photos, 1,136 members
- The Touching Moment 215 photos, 895 members
- Fountain Pen Network 6,449 photos, 778 members
- →Group wi†h Ҽxperience⏎ 3,834,860 photos, 548,721 members
- WHITE WEDNESDAY 13,571 photos, 1,265 members
- the defiant eye 19,555 photos, 240 members
- The Minds Eye 8,316 photos, 285 members
- Ink paintings 4,455 photos, 798 members
- We want Flickr with a DARK BACKGROUND!! (NOT PHOTO) 8 photos, 11,073 members
- Not At Home Yet 186 photos, 52 members
- ClickforArt.com 45,783 photos, 3,767 members
- Humanistic 8,409 photos, 2,216 members
- _Siluet_ 855 photos, 331 members
- Noir Mad Tale Reel 450 photos, 119 members
- Pura poesía (Sube 1-Comenta2) 17,849 photos, 1,336 members
- Manipolo 76 photos, 116 members
- The F Blog 2,187 photos, 31 members
- Dirty Style 2,628 photos, 604 members
- PLATEFORM magazine 186,366 photos, 4,411 members
- LIFE MAGAZINE PHOTOGRAPHERS 30,618 photos, 906 members
- - subtraction - 2,270 photos, 218 members
- Portrait Award (Invited only) 45,528 photos, 20,364 members
- The Great Jalaluddin Rumi 649 photos, 219 members
- Top 20 Photojournalism 20 photos, 1,166 members
- IXTLAN 3,149 photos, 290 members
- 1000 B&W 766 photos, 1,536 members
Lady Havisham says:
"One very talented man with a true gift for black and white photogrpahic expression."
April 14th, 2010
* Ahmad Kavousian * says:
"The man who knows what could be done with a camera masterfully.
the man who knows how to get the light and shadows peacefully together in a small rectangle."
February 5th, 2010
onofre bachiller says:
""Congratulations ...!!! an extensive and interesting work""
July 10th, 2008
". . . Feel the sorrow. . .hear the music. . .read the dots. . .within black and white. . .and life.
And when the night falls, start reading. Read. . on your sun kissed pillow.
Read the words and the dots, over and over.
Stay quiet. Do not hurry.
And see : Murat Harmanlikli.
Here he is..Monster the great. . . Hello, monster.
A pleasure knowing you. .
A pleasure watching the world from your eye. ."
May 1st, 2008
descriptive control says:
"i absolutely get lost in murat's photos. they're just beautiful, every single one."
June 7th, 2007
"you're work is superb yet sober
strong and fagile
respect and congratulations !"
March 18th, 2007
"Consistently, Murat wrings mystery, surrealism and a poetic beauty from such everyday locations. I love the blurred souls scurrying across his noirish cityscapes, as if fleeing an unknown terror and yet reminding us all that we are but fleeting shadows."
January 9th, 2007
handsomely look says:
"Murat photographs really satisfy my thirst soul.thanks Murat"
October 24th, 2006
flawless robin says:
"There is a technical word in the world of photography to descibe Murat's work from my point of view, but it escapes me at the moment. It is fantastic when a photographer can express his imagination and manages at the same time to give us a glimpse of it, and lead to a path that we can make our own through his work. That is the first thing that I see through his photograph. The motion, or blur, in his images is to convey an emotion that could well mean different things to each of us: this is why you have to spend the time visiting, viewing and anticipating his images. Yet, he does not rely on total vagueness of a blur to make his photos emotionally, there is a craft and "know how" to all else that sustain that "vagueness."
Oh yes, that "techincal" word I could not recall earlier: jealousy."
September 24th, 2006
~ Eduardo Gordillo says:
"To look for that first word that defines a person, is never easy. And then I have wondered - what does the Murat’s images inspire to me? -, and the first thing that has come to my head has been wisdom. Murat must be a wise person. A poet of photography. An extraordinary realization. A communicator of feelings that does not leave anybody indifferent.
Murat doesn't overwhelm us with hundreds of pictures, Murat chooses his images well allowing them to fall as drops of water in a well from an oasis to which he gives life and fill with poetry.
With each image Murat offers us a poem that sustains itself, and that next to the other ones they configure the pillars, a structure, that sustain his art.
The images of Murat have the quality of being timeless, but they don't only travel through time, they also make it among cultures, because they target you exactly in the soul. That human soul that makes us all equals, that soul that although we don't know where is it and although if we do not believe in it, we all perceive.
Murat is a classic. And he is wise.
Buscar esa primera palabra que defina a una persona, nunca es fácil. Y entonces me he preguntado - ¿qué inspiran las imágenes de Murat? -, y lo primero que me ha venido a la cabeza ha sido sabiduría. Murat ha de ser un sabio. . Un poeta de la fotografía. Un realizador extraordinario. Un comunicador de sentimientos que a nadie deja indiferente.
Murat no nos apabulla con cientos de fotografías, Murat elige bien sus imágenes y nos la va dejando caer como gotas de agua en el pozo de un oasis al que él da vida y llena de poesía.
Con cada imagen Murat nos ofrece un poema que se sostiene por si misma, y que junto a las demás configuran los pilares que sostienen al propio artista.
Las imágenes de Murat tienen la cualidad de lo intemporal, pero no sólo viajan por el tiempo, también lo hacen entre culturas, porque te dan justo en el alma. Ese alma humana que nos hace a todos iguales, ese alma que aunque no sepamos dónde se encuentra, y aunque no se crea en ella, todos percibimos.
Murat es un clásico. Y un sabio.
September 2nd, 2006
* sofie * says:
"Murat Harmanlikli plays a beautiful game with light and shadow.
I admire his work."
August 9th, 2006
- murat harmanlikli
- April 2006
- mharmanlikli [at] yahoo.com